My parents own two apartments in Moscow which cost a little more than half a million dollars

My parents own two apartments in Moscow which cost a little more than half a million dollars.

Currently I am renovating them with the aim of renting for approximately two thousand a month.

In my opinion, it's not the best option possible in terms of finance, because, honestly, this country is going down the drain.
My point is that it's better to sell them now and invest the money somehow.

However, I have no good idea regarding the ways of investing money. Basically, I believe that it would be better to buy an apartment in central London (possibly 1-bedroom or studio) and invest around $50-$100k in stocks for an emergency case.

But London is already very overheated, so the prices could drop at any time. Parents don't want to listen about ETFs, bonds, etc., because "that's nothing but a piece of paper". Partially, I agree with them.

Other urls found in this thread:

defence.pk/pdf/threads/russian-army-to-become-a-muslim-majority-army-by-2015-2020.18530/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sell and buy BTC thank me in 2 years

I also own an apartment in Moscow (thanks communism) but not in the center. Why not sell one and keep the other. Russia is at a low now, but buy low sell high, right?

Dude you have fucking two apartments and arent making 20%+ of your monthly income on it you are doing it fucking wrong...

Stop renovating the shit yourself, hire a contractor to completely renovate it (electrics, plumbing etc to make it tenant proof)

then you contact an rental property administrative firm, who handles finding tenants, calls handymans if something breaks (i.e you will never get a call from tennats at 2am saying they broke the toilet) They take usually 10% of gross profit.

Then you go to the bank and refinance the apartments on a 15-30year morgauge. Make sure rent you are paid is able to pay for everything + something for yourself GG you are now a real estate investor and on your way to break though the middle class into upperclass. gj user

i'll buy them if you give me a good discount,can get i get more info on where they are and what they are? i really hope they are within sadovoe koltzo or something like izmailovo. Right now is the worst time to sell your real estate in Moscow, just rent them out and wait until market rebounds, but i am afraid it will take some time( with Moscows new real Estate policies we expect 2-3 years drought. Right now is the good time to reinvest in a more Luxurious apartments and Districts, but only if you can get a good price. Look into Ccenter near Moscow City and ZIL, a lot of good offers and reasonably priced. You can also look for a good place in city center ( like kitai-gorod or ohotni riad, but you need to spend a lot of time looking if you want to find a good deal). Whatever you do - Don't make hasty decisions, and remember that you are the only one to blame for your mistakes.

I can clearly see you are not from Russia...no rent will be able to pay Banks Mortgage in Russia, it will literally require 80%-200% on what you can make on that apartment a month( median rate is around 12-15% a year on a mortgage, banks will rape you for everything you have got. Plus he owns those 2 apartments, by the looks of it they can make around $2500-$3000 a month which is really good by Russian standards. He already have an incredible back up, now he can invest freely knowing he will never go bust.

I'd probably sell the apartments, invest 80% in broad range, diversified stock and bond index funds with low fees (google Boglehead portfolio) and put 20% in Bitcoin.

You might want to adjust 80/20% according to your risk tolerance.

This is an investment for several decades which should grow nicely with compounding.

Do apartments compound? No, they don't, they only become cheaper with time long term as the house gets older.

>Parents don't want to listen about ETFs, bonds, etc., because "that's nothing but a piece of paper".

Wow, your parents are quite ignorant and dumb. "Nothing but piece of paper" made Warren Buffett the richest man on earth.

>Dude you have fucking two apartments and arent making 20%+ of your monthly income on it you are doing it fucking wrong...

LOL in what fantasy land will you be making 20% monthly ROI on apartments? Go ahead, humour me!

>Then you go to the bank and refinance the apartments on a 15-30year morgauge. Make sure rent you are paid is able to pay for everything + something for yourself GG you are now a real estate investor and on your way to break though the middle class into upperclass. gj user

Tell me again how this is more profitable than just investing in stock index funds and compounding over time?

Go, give me the maths behind your logic.

Sell them and spend all the money for babushkas.

Mom won't understand that.

You mean diversification? Maybe.

>Stop renovating the shit yourself, hire a contractor to completely renovate it (electrics, plumbing etc to make it tenant proof)
AHAHAHAHA
If you think that in Russia if you hire someone they won't just fool you and take your money, you don't understand this country.

I'm not renovating by myself, of course, I've people hired, but I have to look after them constantly.

Kutuzovsky avenue and Airport district (green line). I'm not planning to sell them right now (otherwise, I would already have that done). This thread has an informational purpose.

Just remember Russia had its currency turned into toilet paper three times already in the last 25 years.

Right now I'm renting 1 bedroom in the big apartment, while living in the other one. They are still renovating, so the guy pays me $150 a month, which is a very low price, I could get $300, but the kitchen is not ready and there is dirt and noise.

After finishing the renovation, I'm planning to charge $300 per room, having

$300 * 3 = $900.

The other room will be for me.

The second apartment is not rented out yet.

omfg you are retarded im not talking about roi here, but at least where I am you can rent out your apartment with a 200€ a month in profit after everything is paid just for you. 2x200€ = 400€. My monthly wage after taxes is 1000€... If I could list 2 properties for 200€ profit each a month i would literally have 40% of my monthly income from rental properties. cunt

The math is not that difficult. There's a rule of thumb called the 50% rule. Which is that half the money you rent for will go into upkeep. Now since we are using an administrative firm that will take 10% we say 60% of the income will go to upkeep. And as a safety pillow we throw 10% more ontop of it, just for cap-ex or other unaccounted things.

He thinks of renting out for 2k a month. (2000*0.3 = 600) i.e he SHOULD be able to get 600 in profit a month IF he is able to rent out for 2000 a month.

>Just remember Russia had its currency turned into toilet paper three times already in the last 25 years.

Where did I mention "currency"? I mentioned stocks and bonds, those are not "currency". Those are assets.

In Russia people have no belief in stock market, neither global nor the national one.

Only those who have worked with it professionally think it's a reliable investment.

Does land ownership remain stable during government collapse/changes in Russia?

I ask this because Eastern Europe is slotted to be a relative decent region once Western Europe collapses

Whatever you do, don't even think about buying property in any big Western European city. If they put an asylum centre, a mosque or some shit like that next to your apartment, the value automatically plumets by ~30%. It will get increasingly worthless with the demographical change anyway. If you want to buy outside Russia, go for property in Estonia or Poland. Their market is solid and the value will only appreciate.

I'm telling you this as a Russian who grew up in Germany and "came back" (I'm in Belarus right now, but I guess that counts) because the future of Western Europe is a dark, lightless hole. Don't invest there, especially not in property.

Why would you buy in Western Europe? Do you believe that the west is going to further strengthen itself economically in comparison to the east? Russia might be in a low place right now, but it's bound to go up eventually, unless you think it has a long way down to go still?

>mosques
Is this really happening in Russia? I thought they hated niggers?

reallistically stop searching here because all anons wil tell u to buy crypto, best idea is to search for a investment fund that their main strategy is to replicate a stock exchange (DownJones industrial, ibex365 etc.....) which by the efficient maket hypothesis makes a good amount in the long run.

He is talking about Western Europe, but Russia has mosques. My understanding is that Russia is a multiethnic empire, and Putin understands it and runs it as such. That means keeping the ethnic group separate except in metropols like Moscow, where you can find one of the largest mosques in all of Europe. Russia is not a "based" white ethnostate by any stretch of the imagination.

defence.pk/pdf/threads/russian-army-to-become-a-muslim-majority-army-by-2015-2020.18530/

Russia used to be majority white, of course the niggers were contained in Chechnya, etc. Of course, lots of kikes too from communism.

Basically, I'm sad.

>Does land ownership remain stable during government collapse/changes in Russia?
No, they can take land away from you whenever they want.

>because the future of Western Europe is a dark, lightless hole
Lol. Can you explain? In my opinion the future of Russia is
>a dark, lightless hole

>Do you believe that the west is going to further strengthen itself economically
I believe so. Don't you?
I see no reasons why Russia will go out of crysis.

How will the West stabilize itself when whites are being replaced by niggers? Things will only get worse.

>an apartment in central London
Shit son I hope you got several million £ at least cos that's what it'll cost to get a tiny apartment in that location.

Sell and get out of Russia.

>Selling your houses during a dip
Life is one big chart mate. HODL

Western European countries have a lot of debt, they print a lot of Euros, and their problems will only become worse. The migration from the south is a massive drain on state funds, it costs money in welfare, law enforcement and many other avenues. This will drive the taxes up, and it destabilizes the political scene. Do also consider that western Europe has an aging population, and old people are very expensive with modern medicine and a welfare state.

Expect to see fractures between EU members as the visegrad countries distance themselves more from Brussels. Britain now has a net negative immigration for the first time in a long time, but only because the white, slavic people are returning to Eastern Europe.

Politics is becoming more divisive as extreme nationalism increases in response to the migration. Nationalist groups and parties keep enjoying new record highs in popularity all over. It now seems clear that this will be the defining political question of the 21st century in Europe. It doesn't seem unlikely that it will lead to war.

Have you ever been in London? I lived there for 6 months. I could stand on Camden Main Street, 100 meters from the house where Charles Dickens grew up, and look out at a sea of people and not see a single white man besides myself. There might be good and stable long term investment opportunities in Western Europe, but I do not expect that you will find them in London.

Well, the obvious threat is the demographical change, as I have already elaborated. But the Western economies also get increasingly non-free. The tax burden is enormous and keeps increasing, the middle class has been shrinking for over a decade, and the most educated / industrious segments of the population are all immigrating to Canada or Australia, while the EU imports an ever growing underclass of untouchables from Africa and the Middle East. I know the number only for Germany, but 300 000 Germans are leaving the country each year, and these are the top segments of society who are taxed to death if they decide to work in the local economy.

I mean, you can still invest in the EU if you feel like, but as I said, go for Estonia or Poland. You can get relatively cheap high-class real estate there with an enormous appreciation potential and these countries are not threatened by massive societal unrest in the next 10+ years. I personally would buy a few apartments in St. Petersburg and Tallinn if I ever make enough money with crypto.

Good luck.

Sell and buy property in CH

To be fair I think that old people are cheaper than niggers. Of the niggers, If you factor in things like re-education costs, crime, low productivity, etc., old people will be a blessing.

>Sell apartments for cash
>Buy apartment complex in growing Eastern European country with high yield and strong legal system protecting landlords

It's pretty fucking simple user. There was some user on here a few years back who invested in some Southern European country or something and was getting 25% yield on his properties, although properties were much cheaper at the time.

Sure, until you get old niggers.

>In Russia people have no belief in stock market, neither global nor the national one.

lol, Russkies are fucking idiots

Pyccкиe нe pyбит фишкy

>If you want to buy outside Russia, go for property in Estonia or Poland. Their market is solid and the value will only appreciate.

Tell me why you think property in Poland and Estonia will magically "only appreciate".

>best idea is to search for a investment fund that their main strategy is to replicate a stock exchange (DownJones industrial, ibex365 etc.....) which by the efficient maket hypothesis makes a good amount in the long run.

Literally what I told him, but his retard Vodka brain parents don't believe in stocks

you corny

polish real estate is overvalued, especially apartments

BUYING ETFS AT THE ABSOLUTE TOP OF THE MARKET IS THE SIGN OF A SMART INVESTOR.

If you have interest to invest. And patience.
Maybe I can help.

With a passionate daily work. Working with money like mine. But more safely.

Up 10'000 $ (good 50'000$)
If want invest 2'000 $ every month is nice to me a constant flow.

I can activate then myself to make them grow.

In Switzerland ?

Depends

not so negative about

Want liquidity immediately?

You're completely missing what he said. His parents don't trust anything paper BECAUSE this happened. Do you get it now?

leipzig in saxonia is still good to buy in.
> the future of Western Europe is a dark, lightless hole
i don't think so. a million refugees won't destabelize a population of >500mio people. that's right wing propaganda. every sane person knows the german-french-relations are becoming stronger. macaroni relies on german partnership wgich strengthens that partnership too. french/german ventures will sky rocket because of the synergy effects and effects of macaroni's agendas.

Sell one
Rent out other one
Buy land and dacha in the south
Invest rest into Bitbean and DGB
Grow vegetables on land
profit

>1 million

There are about 4 million turks living in Germany alone. If you think the recent wave of "Syrian" niggers are it you need to get your head checked. In Amsterdam the
literal Turkish party got more votes than PVV. It's not just a few hundred thousand here and there, spread out evenly, they all concentrate in the cities where they form enclaves and change the area completely.

If you believe demographic changes in western europe will cause quality of life to decline and people seek greener pastures (white only countries), then this is a good investment.

>BUYING ETFS AT THE ABSOLUTE TOP OF THE MARKET IS THE SIGN OF A SMART INVESTOR.

Oh, look, Timmy, another idiot who thinks he can call tops and bottoms and can time the markets.

I guess you are opening a big short position now, right?

This is how a Pajeet scammer types.

>If want invest 2'000 $ every month is nice to me a constant flow.

fucking lol

5 words for you
LONDON PRICES DO NOT DROP

"white only" countries in EU also happen to be absolute shitholes like Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Ukraine and some else. Due to being such shitholes people aren't also so deluded and are mega racists not allowing refugees. So its two sides of the coin.

Due to this though, there won't be an influex of whities from Germany to Poland, that is just retaarded thinging

>LONDON PRICES DO NOT DROP

until they do

all Eastern European cunts are in population decline
Czechia and Slovenia may not seem to be, but that is because they are supplied by other EE cunts
sell in Moscow, buy in Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia - growth is there

Yes but the thing is normies are more comfortable buying ETFs when they have high valuations.

Any seasoned investor has a decent amount of his money in short term debt and savings right now, because everything is expensive.

> Doesn't even know what Detroit is

Yes but mostly in Warsaw. You can find decent yields near other major cities.

real estate across the globe is more risky, rates are all time low, and will offer lower returns than stock markets. especially the bubble markets are heavily leveraged that's why it's much more risky than stocks, london, munchen, paris, vancouver, stockholm, toronto, hong kong etc. huge leverage bubbles beware

Stop it. You can't time the markets. Buffett has discussed this over and over and over

stock market is heading nowhere but up. normies and general public are out of the market btw.

>apartments in Moscow
it something like capital of ice hell?

London is the most expensive property in England. The rents are the highest for working and middle class workers in the world. Even in the south coast of the UK, rent is extremely high. Some people pay 2k a week.

I am nearly 40, I work with people in London the same age range, I am so certain of myself that I would happily invest with you, prices will ALWAYS go UP. They are guaranteed to go UP UP UP.

But I don't understand how you can't deal with yourself in your own country. And if you think investing $100k in stocks is an "emergency case", you are fucking mental.

doesn't matter how much money you have or make, you're still going to be russian.

Easy solution. Put solar on the roof and start a miner farm in one of the rooms.

Better yet (or if solar sucks there), make the renters pay for all the electricity in the building including the room with the miners in it.

Pocket the coins and do whatever with them.

What do you mean? Can you drop me a link?

What makes you think prices in London will continue to go up?

>Stocks as emergency case are mental
Why?

Why are British people so fucking cringey

They still think they're relevant and don't realize their empire collapsed 50 years ago

>this country is going down the drain
I agree with this. But why do you think Moscow is going down the drain? It's the biggest trade hub in this country. What if we break free from the rest of Russia and enslave them with weapons?

>50 years ago

It happened much earlier buddy... Now they're the ones being colonized too

it has nothing to do with timing the market, and everything to do with the fact that everything is over-valued right now. intelligent investors (TM) like buffet aren't going to pay too much for a stock so they'll sit on cash instead while waiting for a good deal.

yeah, wait til market drops in 2025 and it will drop at bottom higher than it is today making it still stupid not to buy in today. durr

where is your short?