Irish Catholics

I'm interested in books on Irish/Irish American Catholic history. I'm especially interested in Irish Catholic Churches built in america

"Irish" American Catholics are hardly Catholic in the traditional sense. They're basically Proddies who go to a Roman church for "muh huritage"

Information to back this claim up?

Personal experience; my mother's side are """"Irish Catholic"""" and I know very many American Catholics. I left the Church for theological reasons and found that the people's beliefs more aligned with Anglicans or Lutherans

So you admit your quote unquote evidence is just anecdotal drivel?

>Personal experience
That's great but doesn't really hold up as a generalization for most Irish-American Catholics.
>and found that the people's beliefs more aligned with Anglicans or Lutherans
That's more an American issue with religion in general. Not just Catholicism.

shut the fuck up and pay attention to your Poli sci class you fucking fedora ripping teenager

why do you type like an 18 year old who's browsing Veeky Forums during a lecture.

pay attention

Mobile poster that's why

I'd say it's an American thing

It's because you're on your phone in the middle of your political science class. I saw you browsing it you fucking scrawny manlet. Glad to see these are the "intellectuals" that post on this board.

thanks for the insights, faggots

>thanks for the insights, faggots

Lol did someone actually just get caught browsing?

I had a feeling someone had seen me when you mentioned poli sci; not like I give a fuck. Interesting that you cared enough to follow me into this thread though

"I had a feeling when it was mentioned exactly what I was doing"

Just keep in mind everyone, the people who pretend to have insight and education on the topic. 18 year olds in a first year poli sci class.

>18
I-I don't look 18 do I?

>anecdotal
Sure
>drivel
I wouldn't say drivel; in my community and other Catholic (mostly of Irish descent) communities where I live practice a watered-down version of Catholicism if they even adhere to it at all. America's been an innately anti-Catholic society for most of its history, so assimilation would mean losing that sense of Catholicism to some extent. I don't know if there are any studies on this but the Irish have been in the US for nearly 200 years now so it's no wonder their descendants have adopted a Protestant attitude.

This. Also a reminder that pre-Vatican 2 RCC specifically deemed Americanism incompatible with Roman Catholicism. Hell, even post-vatican 2 RCC is at odds with the modern manifestations of Americanism in many aspects.

>Using quotes instead of greentext
Top newfag

So this is why Veeky Forums is such a reddit cringe fest? fedora kiddies straight out of the crib try to match wits with the big boys?

Pretty much; ngl I'm kinda butthurt about being called 18, I'm 22 ffs