Why did human faces change so much in such a short period of time?

Why did human faces change so much in such a short period of time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_cranial_deformation#History
eurogenes.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/smbe-2017-abstracts_30.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Denmark is qt. qt!

That's a man you disgusting faggot

There are tons of ugly people out there my dude, just like the ones provided. But you don't see them all that often - at least not in media. You probably only see faces like those commuting on the bus or on the streets, maybe the cleaning lady in your school or in your mirror. Faces didn't change all that much, the majority of people are still just average, nothing too glamorous to look at.

Pro-tip: archeologists' artistic incompetence is no proof of any change in facial shapes over time. If you go look at reconstructions, you'll see that the author has more influence on the results than the fucking skulls he's using. Two reconstructions 2000 years apart from the same author are likely gonna be looking more similar than two reconstructions of the same skull from two different authors.

facial reconstruction is basically terrible

That's why he's cute you uncultured swine.

Back to the bog, sodomite

for the ostrogoth woman that's actually artificial cranial deformation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_cranial_deformation#History

MUH LONGFACED NORDIDS NOOOOO, WHY DO THEY HAVE WIDE FACES

PLEASE NOOOO, THEY WERE PURE NORDIDS, ARYANS FROM PONTIC STEPPE REEEEEEEEEEE

>MUH LONGFACED NORDIDS
What? Have you like never been in a scandinavian country? Snowniggers are square faced, not long faced.

This.

WE

1. Facial reconstruction is 80% artistic interpretation. Every time I've looked into- read an article about one, watched a documentary about a facial reconstruction- the person doing it explains their process as
>put flesh around the skull so the most obvious structural features can be extrapolated
>simply make up everything else

They just say "I made it up".

2. The second woman in OP was clearly subject to skull binding, something the Gothic groups picked up from or shared with the Huns.

3. Pre-bronze age Europeans had a really rough diet and so their jaws were well developed. This affects face depth and width as well as nose angle.

4. I don't think faces have changed that much in a short period.

Only the bottom Viking woman reconstruction had any effort put into it. The rest are trash, especially the Dane and the Anglo-Saxon ones.

>artistic interpretation
It's not so much that as it is an issue of precision. Very minute differences in muscle placement can make for two very distinct faces.
Also the fidelity is of course influenced by the conditions of the skull. It's not like thousands of years underground make for perfectly stripped bones with clearly marked and not at all worn out muscle attachment marks.

Reminds me of Handsome Squidward

true. for example these faceapp ethnicity filters barely change the bone structure at all.

>Anglo-Saxon Man
only difference is hair

Wide jaws, high cheek bones and wide faces in general are the result of a much more nutritious and tougher diet that our ancestors ate. Basically all hunter gatherers have very wide faces with high cheek bones and strong jaws for all the chewing they did. Being aryan has nothing to do with it. Its also why Finns and Sami have wide "asian"-ish faces, its nothing to do with being asian but to do with them being the last to adopt agriculture.

Looks like Michael Cera

>painting it brown
ignorant

>its almost harvesting season

your friendly neighbourhood race doctor here, in the case of saami (and finns to some extent) you're wrong since they have considerable asiatic admixture which is the source of their lappid looks, there's a noticeable difference between european UP types such as pic related (which were an important component in early indo-europeans) and asiatic mongoloids

Sami have no more asian admixture than is typical for N. Euro populations, citations on this (both by anthropologists and geneticists) are numerous and trivial to produce, citations to contrary are generally older and considered obsolete and discredited by virtually all experts in the field. fiurther the myth that the Sami language is at all Asiatic is just that, a myth.

basically the dude you are replying to is 100% correct and you are 40 yrs behind the times which is not surprising if your knowledge comes from /pol/ and even Veeky Forums

fuck I think I'm starting to sober up.

why the fuck did you delete your post and replace it, was
>(and finns to some extent)
really worth it?

regardless you're still just as wrong.

saamis score up to 20% mongoloid on many studies and gedmatch

eurogenes.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/smbe-2017-abstracts_30.html

have a look at this, these are the forefathers of modern saami that were even more non-european

looks a bit like anni from the hydraulic press channel. is this a typical finnish look?