The holy trinity doesn't make sen-

>the holy trinity doesn't make sen-

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanasian_Creed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do the barrel roll!

>partialism
Heretics burn well, user.

The more I see, the more I'm convinced even Christians don't know what the Trinity is.

That's the point. It's a divine mystery, you're not supposed to be able to understand it.

The father = God
The son = ritually mimics the father in order to attain consciousness and immortality
The holy spirit = the spiritual culture of a society, the vibes that people and the world gives off that makes people recognize God and become convinced to imitate him

That's why Oneness Pentacostalism exist, user.

>it's LITERALLY impossible to explain the trinity without committing heresy so you're just stuck with "JUST HAVE FAITH LMAO"
the absolute state of christcucks

At last I truly see.

>god wants us to know him and love him
>so he makes his nature impossible for a human to comprehend

It's not that we're not supposed to understand it, it's its supposed to be hard to understand. The nature of God is one of the greatest theological debates of all time and I doubt it will end any time soon. However, we still must endeavor to understand it. For understanding it can deepen our relationship with God.

Think of it like this if that seems confusing. The closer you become with a friend, the more you know about them and understand them. You aren't truly friends with someone you know nothing about. It's the sake with God, as we come to understand more of the nature of God then we can become a closer friend to him

It's impossible to understand because it's nonsense. Three things is not one thing, end of discussion. Try it, explain the trinity to us, and see if you can do so WITHOUT committing a heresy. Protip: you can't.

The church has literally anathamized EVERY scriptural interpretation of the Trinity that is logically sensible to any OTHER religiously inclined set of human beings, it's fucking baffling.

Why does Jesus pray to God if he is God

That picture doesn't even make sense

Thinking out loud?

>The Father is greater than I
>I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don't seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.

Jesus is not God and is clearly subordinate to God the Father even in John where he enjoys his most exalted status.

just fucking google it, the trinity was sorted out over a thousand years ago.

>Sorted out

No, it was never sorted out.

They just said "fuck it it's a mystery lol"

True enlightenment is realizing that believing in the Trinity makes you a heretic.

arian dubs

Fuck off kike.

Reminder that Isaac Newton was secretly against the trinity, and therefore a heretic. So you christfags should think twice before using him as a positive example of Christian faith.

10/10, would bully for heretical belief system

if it was a secret then how do you know it, cunt?

It was a secret while he was alive. Obviously if people at the time knew, he would have been (at the very least) disgraced.

It's not baffling when you consider that the very idea makes no sense. Any interpretation leads to all kinds of problems because Christians refuse to accept that their religion is polytheistic. So whenever a churchman came up with a neat explanation, some smartass immediately pointed out the terrible logical flaws this exposed in the whole idea, and BOOM, banned for heresy. Fast forward to today and there is no long any interpretation that is acceptable.

Or maybe the nature of the divine is just so complex that only God can comprehend it and nothing else. Think of how you have always want to read someone elses mind, you can use all tbe reasonings and evidence you can acquire to predict what that person is thinking, but you will never know for certain unless that person tells you exactly what they are thinking. And that is exactly what God is, unlesd God tells us all exactly our purpose in life and the divine is, then we will never know. Why doesn't God just tell us then? Might you ask... well that's what faith is isnt it? Ideology and faith in religion is just simply having a means to an end. Some follow popular beliefs, some form their own beliefs, and some believe nothing at all. And your freedom to choose is what makes living so great, so feel blessed, (or lucky... what ever your faith is) that you live in a society that allows the freedom to choose!

>hurr its so simple I won't explain it, just use google durr

Use your words. Explain the trinity to us.

>Hurr I is two lazy to search google, I'll jist make dis fagit tell me

Get off Veeky Forums and do your own research like the rest of the people who actually care about the state of this board or never come back

we're all god cause gods inside us and jesus is god cause we all can be god m'kaaaaay?

It's in his private journals that he hid until his death you retarded faggot.

>go to a thread for discussion on the holy trinity
>get mad when asked to discuss the holy trinity

>Or maybe the nature of the divine is just so complex that only God can comprehend it and nothing else.

Then what sense does it make to say wants us to know him? He made it impossible for us to do so! Also, he's GOD, he can do anything, including create humans who ARE capable of understanding him. But he didn't. Why is this?

Hahah oh wow, what a pissy little faggot you are. Why are ITT you dinky-dick little faggot? Can't you read? This thread is about the trinity, so answer the question or admit you can't because like everyone else on Earth, you don't understand the trinity.

Y'all motherfuckers need to read the Athanasian Creed. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athanasian_Creed
tl;dr we've figured this shit out long ago

>HURR just, like, accept the dogma of this church you don;t belong to!

That's just a declaration of what you HAVE to believe to be a Catholic, it says nothing at all about what the trinity is beyond simply restating "three persons, one god". What does that MEAN? You woowoo mantra doesn't say, it just commands us to accept it without comment.

Stop trying to place God in within the bounds of your mortal mind.

>Stop asking me to make sense

lmao

the Ethiopians had the trinity right