>2017
>being a nationalist-cuck
ISHYGDDT

Being proud of your personal accomplishments and your country are not mutually exclusive.

Although it's certainly true that people who have nothing to be personally proud of cling to nationalism as a crutch.

The real takeaway is that people who are successful mostly are nationalist in a way critical way, e.g. in the sense how can I improve my nation, while plebs just want something to be proud of.

>Being proud of your personal accomplishments and your country are not mutually exclusive.
I don't think he was arguing that it was, he was saying that its people who have nothing of their own to be proud of that will slavishly worship their own country and can't hear anything bad about it.

I'm a neoliberal in favor of a globalist capitalist culture. Hollywood movies, McDonald's accross the world and so on are a sign of progress imo.

>shit slop food I wouldn't feed my pigs with is a sign of progress

>b8

>not caring about your nation
ISHYGDDT
>guys like this exist

Caring about your country =/= being a nationalist cuck.

Why did all German philosophers aside from Heidegger shit on Germany so hard?

This unironically. I love seeing other countries submit to the BAC (big American culture)

>You are presonally succesfull and actually contribute to your country, make it prospherous for your fellow beloved countrymen.
>You are proud of your achievement and proud that your fellow countrymen are happy
>y-you are still a c-cuck...
This is why i don't take kr*ut philosophers serious anymore. The only crap their "philosophers" produce is nihilism, communism, existential crisis, defeatism, nazism, anarcho-capitalism, "you are depressed because you want to fuck your mother" and all other autistic crap this nation produced... and all this shit eventually engulfs into "muh german idealism".

What early 20th century shown us, is that german autism should be contained.

Why does it make you happier to help someone of your own """nation""" than a random person.

>being proud

Lol

>implying its about personal pride and not about a practical need to look after the aspects of your nation that create the sort of environment which the people can continue to thrive in

stupid faggots will never understand this because just like the irrational chest beating nationalist pride they detest, they exhibit irrational self hatred

True, but it's also a good survival strategy.

Because my """nation""" gave me a chance to be successful and it's in my opinion that my """nations""" people are my family who i want to take care of instead of some God knows who in far distant land.

So in other words, a prole that has to come to enjoy his cage.

>2017
>being a natalist cuck

ftfy

This but unironically.

There's nothing wrong with bettering yourself and the people around you.

The problem is people who have achieved nothing themselves, taking the achievements of their country as their own.

The former is nationalistic because he knows bettering his nations is good for himself and everyone he knows and so looks at it with critical eye, acknowledges the problems, takes an interest in the politics and seek to improve his nation, will fight his own leaders if his interest doesn't align with the nation and it's people and if feasible, tries to improve other nations as well.
The latter is nationalistic because he relies on his nation to feel accomplishment and self-worth. He's dangerous because he doesn't seek to improve his nation, he fetishises it and ignore all faults because doing so would be admitting faults with yourself. He follows his leaders slavishly, makes up his own reality to fit his narrative, has no interest in actual politics and doesn't fight for the people but for some imagined god he made for himself.

The letter what you describe i personally call "Patriotism", Patriots in my opinion are basically this. Mindless patriots who follow their government no matter what, see no faults in it and always defend it without questioning it.
I diffirate it with Nationalism, because usually nationalists like in europe, always blame their government for nations decline and criticize it for shit they disagree like immigration, censorship etc.
Usually they are extremist/reactionaries but on national scale, from which they derive their strength from comparisments from "good past", "great ancestors", national unity and other prideful stuff.
Some times they take power and manage to make a good difference in their country, just like they wanted... or sometimes they go too extreme and instead harm the nation they tried to make better...

Why i diffirantiate them with patriots, because modern patriots who actually call themselves "patriots" instead of nationalist like from USA and Russia, patriots like from US who are usually americancentric and love their country unquestionably.