Why did the Romans care so much about this backwoods shithole? What did they bring to the table?

Why did the Romans care so much about this backwoods shithole? What did they bring to the table?

Other urls found in this thread:

ritmeyer.com/2014/11/15/the-temple-mount-during-the-times-of-ezra-and-nehemiah/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What did they bring to the table?
land bridge to northern africa for starters

The Romans were tricked into conquering the province so that (((they))) could subvert the Empire from the inside through the Cath*lic Ch*rch.

[Citation needed]

There's not really much evidence that they did place a lot of importance on it back in Rome. Most of the interaction with Judea seems to be on the level of whatever regional administrator they sent over there.

>t. the Chr*stian Dark Age

[Citation needed]

I'm awaiting the heavily compressed jpeg indisputably proving the existence of a massive 1,500 year Jewish-Catholic conspiracy to exterminate the white race

>he uses (((Wikipedia)))

They even got special privileges, such as the right to mint their own coins that didn't have the Emperor's face on them, because the Jews found that offensive. Romans were also prohibited from erecting their imperial statues on Jerusalem Temple grounds (only Caligula wanted to put his statue inside the Temple but his advisors talked him out of it).

(((literally anything I don't like)))

You are not welcome here, we ant nothing to do with you.

[Citation needed]

They didn't.

they didnt, its just that lots of data is available as it was considered important because of christianity

It was never a shithole

It was always a shithole outside of the Hellenistic dominated cities like Caesarea and Sepphoris. Jerusalem was a smelly 3rd world dump of a city and the rest of the province were just poorfag farmers who couldn't even afford meat, sparsely populated mountains, and literal desert.

Semi-threadjack.

I know that salt was hugely important to the Roman economy, so much so that things like the legions were usually paid in salt and the word "Salary" ultimately derives from a Latin term for "payment of salt".

I also know that the Dead Sea is one of the easiest places to gather salt in the world. In fact, in Hebrew, it's called the "Salt Sea".

Putting the two together, there almost has to be some sort of Roman Era interest in the dead sea, some attempt to make that salt center productive for them, but I've never actually found anything directly about it. Does anyone have any sources?

Judea was literally the shit hole of Levant. It's surrounding region was far more developed, populous and wealthy. Syria, Egypt and Mesopotamia were all leagues above Judea. Only way for it to not be a shit hole would be to compare it to Arabia.

What about getting salt from the Med?

>Judea was literally the shit hole of Levant.
This. Judea was literally the Afghanistan of the Roman empire.

It's pretty weird, the Dead sea seems to have been known for almost everything other than as a source of salt.

No it wasn't, this post is really stupid.

>le (((meme)))
lolololol hahahaha (((XDDDDD))) le (((funny meme)))!!!!!

connected the trade routes from china to their empire and the sea, making trade and distribution much easier

you have to remember on Veeky Forums anything with jews = the devil

t. Dominigger
Get educated

It was about power, Romans never wanted to get involved with their desert cult. Reminder Pilate did nothing wrong

that isnt me

These were the restive eastern provinces, mind you, filled with temperamental sand people. It's not like Romans had no history of granting a few concessions in exchange for good behaviour.

1970s and 1980s Afghanistan is basically a carbon copy of 1st century Judea

>SOUTHERN DORYA/SYRIA.
>"BACKWOODS SHITHOLE" [SIC].

?

THE LEVANT AS A WHOLE IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ZONES ON EARTH, HISTORICALLY, AND CULTURALLY —WHY DO YOU THINK THAT KHAZARS/ZIONISTS WANT TO CONQUER AND ESTABLISH IT SO VILELY AND FEROCIOUSLY?

FROM DORYA/SYRIA, THE ORIGINAL ARYANS INITIATED THEIR PIONEERING MIGRATORY ENTERPRISES INTO AFRICA, AND INTO EUROPE.

>the Levant
Yes, Tyre and Antioch. Not a shithole like Jerusalem.

This but post-trans-ironically.

ARE GEOGRAPHICALLY IGNORANT?

WHERE DO YOU THINK THAT IS JERUSALEM?

ALSO, APPARENTLY, YOU DID NOT EVEN READ, NOR COMPREHEND, WHAT I POSTED.

YOU DO NOT SEEM TO WANT TO ARGUE, BUT ONLY TO HAVE YOUR VILE PREJUDICES REAFFIRMED BY OTHERS —YOU WILL NOT FIND THAT HERE, SO IT IS BETTER IF YOU JUST STOP POSTING, AND LEAVE THIS BOARD, AND THIS WEBSITE.

Shut up you uneducated beaner, leave my thread ASAP.

The fact that natural bitumen/asphalt regularly floated to the surface was of more significance.

You need reliably hot sun, and it takes time to get any great volume, but yes it was done.

olive niggers fucked them up, they mixed with everybody there

>WHY DO YOU THINK THAT KHAZARS/ZIONISTS WANT TO CONQUER AND ESTABLISH IT SO VILELY AND FEROCIOUSLY?
Religious retard logic

HURR WE USE TO LIVE THERE MILLENIA AGO DURR

This is just wrong. 'Aryans' were steppe horse-nigs from what is today Crimea/Hohol plains. Some later moved into Babylonia and dominated the goat fuckers there, which is well established. The Yamnaya have a small dose of generic 'middle eastern farmer' genes, but it's far more likely Caucasus admixture, such people's being related to the original 'middle eastern farmers'.

>pardon the haplo-autism

>smelly 3rd world dump of a city

Tfw you don't even know what 3rd world means

land bridge between Roman centers in Egypt and Syria, and Rome considered it strategically important to own every inch of the Mediterranean coast

isn't it like non-aligned countries in the Cold War or something.

>Being welcome or not welcome on an anonymous image board
>thinks the dark ages were an intentional movement coordinated by a religious group
>doesn't know what plagues are
>can't use a keyboard properly

This doesn't make sense as a joke or literally. What are you even trying to compare about 1st century Judea and 1980's afganistan.

I want you to know that many of us view your contributions as top tier.

You've got a tiny handful of urban areas controlled by the elite loyal to the foreign occupying empire, while the rest of the country are tribal goatfuckers indulging in terrorism, nonstop uprisings and religious fanaticism. I fail to see the difference between the sicarii and the mujahedeen

bait

1970s snd 1980s Afghanistan was a secular, rapidly modernizing nation.

citation needed

That's 1960s under king Zahir if anything. 1980s Afghanistan was a country bombed to literal rubble causing the greatest refugee crisis since WW2 to that date.

Citation is literally any book about the period. "Life in Year One" by Scott Korb would be a good start.

Huh, admittedly most of my background with 1st century Judea is from religious based studies and not civilization based studies. I love Roman history but they don't explicitly talk about the people and turmoil of Judea much in primary sources aside from Josephus who just circlejerks Rome.

Let me know if there are any good books on the what you were talking about.

what do you see to the left of that image? hmm? Rome's sea

>They even got special privileges, such as the right to mint their own coins that didn't have the Emperor's face on them, because the Jews found that offensive. Romans were also prohibited from erecting their imperial statues on Jerusalem Temple grounds (only Caligula wanted to put his statue inside the Temple but his advisors talked him out of it).
They were a client state of the Roman Empire, just like Bosporus or Mauretania. Nothing unique about it. We're just way more aware of Roman Judea because of its importance in the Jewish/Christian culture.

Formerly, nowadays in context it's used to describe the after-effects of that unalignment whether it's USSR/USA inspired instability or just plain being far less developed than their neighbors who did align.

>I'm 40 years old and why is language changing ):

>PEOPLE'S FRONT OF JUDEA!
>JUDEAN PEOPLE'S FRONT!

1st century Judea = Morrowind
>Empire = Roman empire
>Dunmer = Jews
>N'wah = Goyim
>Nerevarine = Messiah
>Morag Tong = Sicarii
>Hlaalu, Telvanni, Redoran = Pharisees and Saducees
>Tribunal Temple = Sanhedrin
>Ashlanders = Essenes

And who exactly were Vivec Sotha Sil and almalexia?

I mean it was a backwater, but realistically the province did have some merit. The Great Temple was considered one of the most outstanding buildings in the Middle East at the time. Jerusalem was a semi-important city at the time. Additionally, the southern Levant has a good climate for wine making.

>The Great Temple
Built by Herod with Roman money.

Stop writing in caps to get noticed you enormous faggot

Why you hate on them?
They werent the people that claim to be JEWS and culture was very different from the modern "jews"

Stop being so stupid

Romans and greeks werent different from arabs, hellenizing/romanizing and migrating everywhere, mixing with the natives

Fuck them

The Temple existed before Herod renovated it, and he certainly made it more grand, but the Temple was still considerably impressive beforehand.

You're a Jew.

This was the original 2nd temple before Herod. Nothing spectacular really.

The image provides no explanation for the conception and the file is credited to the guy who uploaded it. I don't think that is very reliable.

Lol, go back to stormfront
Doubt that

Are you denying being a Jew?

ritmeyer.com/2014/11/15/the-temple-mount-during-the-times-of-ezra-and-nehemiah/

>Built by Herod with Roman money.
Fucking jews holy fuck they cant even build historical landmarks without being parasites.

im not and its not a race

>im not
Prove it.

Im the guy that used dominican as name

grain, olives, wine, wool, various things

I know. How does that prove you're not a Jew?

>grain, olives, wine, wool
Rome controlled the entire Mediterranean, other provinces easily outproduced Judea when it comes to these commodities.

Because im not?

You are in every Jew-related thread shilling for the idea of Jews not being a race even if nobody mentions it, why? Why would you do this if you're not personally invested in the matter?

Muh mare nostrum

Every little helps. Rome isn't going to say no to more taxes.

bamp

I THANK YOUR APPRECIATION.

That was sarcasm you idiot.

>own almost the entire coastline of the Mediterranean
>we need saltwater to get salt
it's like buying a hotel with a giant-ass pool and going to the hot tub when you want to drink chlorinated water

land route to egypt.
denying persia access to the mediterranean.

>helium is the 2nd most common element in the universe
>we need to extract it as a byproduct from some oil wells
Almost like the total occurrence of a resource is pointless and all that matter are the economically viable extraction regions

Veeky Forums on suicide watch

Samefag

>salt flats are hard to find
Nigga what

JHWE you uneducated slab of useless existance.

>t.e. my god is JHWE

DON't be mean u meano

Pretty sure salt farming from seas did not exist in the Roman era and salt came from mines. Could be wrong though.

reminder that replying to tripfags should be a bannable offense on Veeky Forums

I want to protect that innocence :^"

>Why would you do this if you're not personally invested in the matter?
because jew isnt a race and people are insulting hebrews saying these modern "jews" are related to them

hebrews were totally different people from these jews and before olive niggers invasions there were many people that converted to judaism, ancient lybians, some egyptians and many olive niggers converted to judaism too

Nah salt farming did exist in Roman times, just mining the bloody stuff wouldn't cut it.

There you have it.

it bordered on all of their actually valuable provinces like egypt and phoenicia.