Redpill me on WW1

redpill me on WW1

was it the most pointless shitshow of all time?
it didn't even solve anything after all this carnage, on the contrary it brought more extremist regimes into power like fascists and commints and led to another carnage

It was a dumb shitshow that did nothing but tear down century-old empires in the name of muh slavs.
The Entente should've let the Austrians kill the slavshits

I don't think any sane person would argue that WW1 was a good thing. It's almost universally considered the greatest catastrophe of the 20th century. There is a reason why books about the Great War tend to evoke apocalyptic imagery.

of course it was bad, but was it totally pointless?

at least ww2 had some valid point, the commies feared the fascist danger and fascist thought commies won't stop until they eat all Europe. And the liberal feared them both. but what about ww1? it seems like it came out of nowhere and it was totally unnecessary

Every country involved either had a vendetta against another country or wanted more land and influence. Russia hated Germans so they wanted to prevent Austria Hungary from getting more territory. Germany didn't want to lose their buffer zone against the Russians so they declared war on Russia and its allies. Even Grermany hadn't declared war on the UK and France, UK wanted to prevent Germany from having a bigger navy and France wanted Allsace and Lorraine back, as well as payback for the last war. Turkey wanted their land back from the Russians, and Italy wanted more land.

>Russia hated Germans so they wanted to prevent Austria Hungary from getting more territory.

What sort of revisionism is this?

>Russia hated Germans
"No."

Terrible post.

>and France wanted Allsace and Lorraine back
>falling for Nazi propaganda

Revanchisme was blown out of proportions, it was never that much of part of French foreign policy.

Why did the French want war so much then?

They didn't, that's part of the whole misconception that revanchisme was a leading line of thought in France propagated by Germany to drum up support against France in WWI and again in WW2.

They were not going to back down, but they certainly weren't looking to start one.

>let the Austrians kill the slavshits
most of austro-hungarian army was composed of slavs so it would be quite a trick

They didn't, they tried very hard to avoid it

The Austrians are pros at slaughtering their own

Can't blame them for wanting Alsace. It's a beautiful part of the world and their street snack is soft pretzels with bacon and Munster.

Reminds me of howl's moving castle

Russia mobilized when Austria had the conflict with Serbia. I think you need to read some more.

Not because they hated Germany, you moron.

They didn't do it out of love I think

They did it because Serbia was within their sphere of influence.

>Canadian trooper in a green uniform

It gave shitton of money to the USA and Japan, which helped one of them to get even more later and screwed another one.

Many Eastern European countries see WWI as a positive, as it broke apart the empire's imprisoning them and gave them their first taste of independence.