Prove him wrong

Prove him wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Wessel_Zapffe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If I understand it correctly he is absolutely right.
It is horrifying to see people try to save suicidal people while dismissing the concreteness of their problems.
Maybe I don't understand.

there is a chance they are behaving irrationally

>we should just let sad people die
What a fucking goon. This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read, my strawman of it aside.

because most of the problems they have aren't actually concrete, and mental illness prevents them from reframing the issues at hand, when it turns out their problems aren't actually that bad. Nearly everyone who has jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge and lived has said they immediately regretted jumping as they were falling. It's almost always a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Should we stop trying to cure disease, just because it is "natural"?

Some insight into this guy's ideas
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Wessel_Zapffe
Believes human conscience is a tragedy that nature cannot accommodate.

Horrifying. Stop trying to set norms.

Not an argument

idk. People need to understand that they are not purely individuals and that other humans have a vested interest in their survival.

Yuuki (You)no?

We should absolutely try to save and stop those who are clinically depressed, and therefore suffering from a disease, from killing themselves - and as well do all in our power to ease their suffering.

But likewise, those at the end of their lives by nature of age or terminal disease, whose suffering cannot be prevented or eased, is it our right to stop such people from taking their own lives to ease their own passing into the afterlife?

Was it wrong for Robin Williams to take his own life to spare himself and his family his slip into dementia?

second one was an argument

How can you derail against the unnatural when it's literally saving people's lives? (people who actually WANT to be saved).

suicide is the right idea but the wrong execution

pardon me, but I will always throw out a line when my brother is drowning, thank you.

This is some "PAUL JOSEPH WATSON : THE TRUTH ABOUT DEPRESSION" tier quote

MY PENOIS BIKOMES STIYFF AN AM STARTIN TO FEEOL LOIK BIYLL KLINTON

This is brilliant..... fuck that's brilliant

Explain for a brainlet, please.

I am also looking for an explanation, but I refuse to be called a brainlet.

>they immediately regretted jumping as they were falling.
well of course they would lol, plummeting to your death would be fucking terrifying, but that's just a gut instinct, it's not rational.

I think it was a pun on "execution"

>Self-preservation is irrational
Kill yourself

>your problems aren't problems if you aren't in direct physical danger
You know I thought the same thing too. I've been alone for 5 years because I pretended my problems weren't problematic, after all, there are people out there with actual problems beyond social anxiety to the point of random nosebleeds, confidence in what they do and in general feeling important to someone who's not their cat.
Well, five years later and my non concrete issues are still concrete issues preventing me from being a functioning "normal" member of society. Any tips?

>strawman.jpeg
That poster obviously meant that it's just their survival instinct kicking in at the last moment, it's nothing rational, some people have all the rational reasons to kill themselves but cannot control that impulse of fear they get

WELL IMAGINE MY SHOCK

you have to kill the ego not the body

Anons image is a statue of the Buddha. The goal of Buddhism is the termination of the self, which allows you to escape the suffering of the material world, which is known as Samsara. Until one achieves this, one is locked in a cycle of never ending reincarnation, unable to be free from constant spiritual frustration and physical misery. The idea is that we are superliminal beings trapped in meat prisons. What we perceive as "self" is intrinsically tied to our mortal desires, fallibility, and sins, and these things are the chains that keep us in our reincarnating prison

Of course there are like a billion sects of buddhism so the details vary, but obviously anons point was that in general, Buddhism is about ending the self. Or, as says.

If all peasants killed themselves, who woudl do all the shitty jobs?

his family would probably want to see a demented Robin Williams than no one at all. Sure die hero; live villain but every second counts in cases of dead loved ones.

>his family

And his feelings don't come into the matter?

Also, living with a relative with alzheimers is hearbreaking

>Any tips?

Get a hobby which requires you to leave your home.

Basically lets say you start reading comics (/co/ here): every Wednesday you need to leave your home, go to your local comic book store, and buy your comics. Due to having small, yet consistent interactions with the same or similar people (I.E the people who work at the comicbook store) slowly but surely you will begin building up some banter with said people. The banter may never be particular large, nothing more than whether you're enjoying the books you're picking up, but it will be something and will help make you realise that not all social interactions are terrifying.

It obviously doesn't need to be comic books which you get into, but hobbies (which aren't video games) are really good for the soul.

Dressing like a successful person helps my confidence, especially nice footwear.

I tried to kill myself a month ago :( pic unrelated

>unironically comparing Zapffe to tumblrcore emo culture

You deserve to get skinned alive

What if he forgets to be depressed? A win win.

what ? I'm not comparing anything

You're both idiots. Please never explain Buddhism again.

Why is it always Westerners that create the most degenerate thinkers? I used to read a lot of weird fiction, including Ligotti and other stupid shit like Baudelaire, and it took me awhile to realize how it's all bullshit. I get it, you Western scum just enjoy reveling from subversion, but get this, you bastards will continue to be miserable as a result.

Just stop influencing the East with your filthy culture.I hate you all more than a Jihadist does, but I suppress this hate.

Even Machen is bullshit.
Even Lovecraft is bullshit.
Even Blackwood is bullshit.

And of course I read the filth of Zapffe's thought. I also read Benatar and other shit.

You Westerners are retarded as fuck. I include all of West Eurasia as Western. I hate you scum so much that I wish I wasn't born as a West Eurasian myself.

Nobody has ever regretted killing themselves.

I'm pretty sure many people have regretted not killing you though.

top suppression

This in some cases, but in all cases, there is no alternative to living. You will die, and you will feel nothing ever again. Relief through suicide is an illusion. You have to be alive to feel relief, so you can stay alive and feel good things sometimes, and hopefully be able to work out the problems you have, or you can die and never feel anything again. Everything that you know is because you perceive it by being alive.

>have near-death experience
>survival mechanism doubles down

who would have thought.

The first part I can agree to, but the second part I'm not so sure. A lot of modern medicine is centered around 'saving' those who would otherwise die of natural causes.

Unless those people never ever again tried to commit suicide, such testimony is entirely meaningless. Those people would have to spend their whole live jumping from the Golden Gate bridge then.