Does our guy deserve the title of great?

Does our guy deserve the title of great?

I recall a revisionist by a name I can't quite recall saying that we really shouldn't

come to think of it, i could of named this post better. I think the better question is: why arent other people called great. There are many other people on the level of alex, and people who did great things outside of military.

Alex also had superior tech that couldn't exactly be countered well, we have to consider this

great just meant "big" at the time

and since he got a big empire I don't see why not

He won four pretty amazing battles, two of which were pretty miraculous. But, as a political leader, he was pretty shit. As a general, I say yes, as an emperor, absolutely not.

he'll always have those Alexandrias though

The greats aren't always perfect
Alexander was a meh political leader, shit emperor, but a big dick general who vould of comquered all of india if given the time and a fresh army

> Alex also had superior tech that couldn't exactly be countered well, we have to consider this

Not really the case, Alexander nearly lost at Issus and had to risk his own life at Gaugamela with a pincer charge in order to win.

The Persians were no pushover, it is just that Alexander was such a fucking lunatic that nobody could predict or prepare for his moves.

I mean, he was a narcissistic alcoholic faggot fuck, but he is without a doubt among the top 3 military commanders in human history.

And he was what modern Europeans would consider a SHITSKIN

Modern northerns probably that get instant cancer a sun ray glimpses them

They get red, that man there was brown and modern europeans would consider him a refugee

Truth hurts doesnt it?

seriously, how did no one tell him how confusing it is to name every other city the same thing?

what went through his head when he decided to name 30 cities after himself?

its good that he died young. Who knows how much he could conquer if he was still alive at the time

>shitskin delusions

>that man there was brown
Wrong!

>what went through his head when he decided to name 30 cities after himself?
Probably the same ideas in his head that made him try and conquer the whole world in the first place

yes. even naming 2 citys the same thing is to much, he must have gotten this

no no user. Conquering the world is something all monarchs would do if they could.

However creating cities and giving them your name is some next level shit
from what i know many Greek "kings" named cities after themselves. However they would also give cities the names of their Fathers, Mothers, Wives, etc.
Alex was deranged

Step 1. Inherit fathers godly army
Step 2. Walk from Grecce to India with your 50 meter pikes and mow down naked sandniggs
Step 3. Get called great
Step 4.
Step 5. Profit

he risked it all in several battles greatly outnumbered and maneuvered the army skillfully while also maintaining troop morale, not a n00b general in any sense

What about all the WOMEN who were great?

i fucking hate John Green

"because I'm worth it"

much harder then you think

see: every worthless king after Alex

Why didn't Phillip do that himself if it was so easy?

What about Catherine the great?