Why dont all proponents of the free market hate central planned money?

Why dont all proponents of the free market hate central planned money?

There is no viable alternative and it’s all the masses have ever known

Ok, so. Now we have a viable alternative, the masses just need to know.

Gotcha

Unless you're thinking of rinos or dems, most proponents of the free market - who actually know what they're talking about -
absolutely hate centralization of money.

Why doesn't the Internet realize it is completely centralized?

Your entire Internet is in the hands of a few governments, ISPs, and ICANN.
Hence, Bitcoin is still centralized as long as it runs on THIS Internet, which it does.

Try sending yourself Bitcoins with the Internet is shut off. When you're able to do that, then I'll believe it's decentralized, you stupid fuck.

Bitcoin is centralized as well because it relies on the Internet, which is completely centralized.

So there still isn't a decentralized alternative.

Even in the internet age, very little speech you hear in the public square isn't backed by some kind of money. So in the (((media))) and in (((academia))), there's certainly little to be gained by railing against central banking. If you do it, relatively few people will hear you. On the other hand, if you make yourself useful to the central bankers by shilling for a sort of "free market" that is compatible with their interests, your life will be secured by a nice comfy flow of fiat.

And your perspective will be elevated by all the (((respected opinion leaders)))

So because of the way the internet is set up, there cant be any decentralization ever until this is changed.

Am i getting this right?

It's entirely possible to make a new, decentralized Internet. Loads of academics have talked about doing it. You just have to convince everyone to switch over to your new, decentralized Internet. Basically just a new network of machines running on nodes, like Bitcoin. The technology is there.

People just aren't making the switch because the old Internet still works for them and they don't have motivation to switch. Same is true for central money.

Until you fix that, nothing you make on this Internet should be considered decentralized.

Because they don't understand what debt enslavement or fractional reserve banking means.

Guys, look at tge bigger picture. Bitcoin also isn't decentralized because it runs on a single planet controlled by a few select group of jews who control everything.

Until Bitcoin becomes Interstellar, it is centralized garbage that must be FUDed and put into the trash.

Consider that while digital currencies may be much, much faster than physical money thanks to decentralization, the current centralized Internet is actually much faster than a decentralized Internet would be right now. So because the centralized Internet is faster, decentralized currencies don't really exist yet.

Centralized and decentralized arent just black and white words without parameters that discribe their extent.

>Bitcoin is centralized as well because it relies on the Internet, which is completely centralized.
So let me get this right user, if some country like the USA, or China, or Vanuatu decided to kill teh internetz they could? If the UN decided to do it they could? Please explain your retarded fucking statement.

Yeah...easily.

If my friends and I took an axe to every public telecommunications cord on the East Coast of the US one night, since almost all of them are just lying out on public beaches and can easily be chopped with about 6 swings of an axe, it would shut off the entire Internet's connection between the USA and Europe, halting global finance. Then we'd just have to somehow destroy the big 13 data centers in the US and almost of the Internet would stop working altogether, and you'd have to use individual IP addresses to access DNS servers, not the naming system we use now.

So, yeah. It would be considered an act of global terrorism and almost certainly cause a war, but they easily could do that.

You're right. The Internet that almost everybody uses is completely centralized in the hands of a few governments and corporations and could be shut on or off with relative ease. There is no reason for them to do it, and it would be an act of global terrorism, but it wouldn't at all be particularly difficult for a government to do, and could be done within about 1 day in the US.

Its all they know.

Crypto reminds me of Diablo 2. When it came out "currency" was so easy to get it was worthless, then people starting "mining" SOJs. Those became the new currency and the Devs hated it. They tried all sorts of things, banning, fixing glitches but until the end of time SOJs were the decentralized currency of Diablo 2. They may have fixed it by completely separating the old database from the new, I dont know. But thats like firebombing your entire population to stop them from trading an unapproved currency.

/thread

I never played Diablo 2 but I'm curious, why was a new currency used instead of just a larger amount of the original one?

You were limited on how much you could carry. Plus the old currency was literally worthless for anything but repairing your armor. You could drop a full innovatory worth of the crap by running one endgame zone. SOJs however were the best ring when they became the new currency and the only Unique ring at the time. They retained their value through out the later expansion and patches. Despite being mined(duplicated) by hacks they still always retained their value. Of course their valued had a cap of 40, because that was the maximum trade number you could put up in the innovatory slots.

yeah then I started selling fake SoJs and they would poof in your inventory 24 hrs later hahahaha best fucking game ever

This like a terribly designed game...
What the hell?

you can operate bitcoin on a lan

Can you do that currently or would all the Bitcoin nodes have to get on your LAN as well?

It truly was in its glory days. Almost no moderation, free rein for players. It was a griefers paradise. I played until I had won the game and there was just literally nothing left to accomplish in it. No build untested, no drop ungotten, no ass unowned.

No, just that the company was still new and they created a system that gave players to much control. They would eventually learn from that mistake and become the most communist, tyrannical game company ever.

lol diablo2 was legend. good old days

if you had hundreds of up to date nodes and disconnected them from the internet but kept them on a lan they'd continue to work but mint different blocks than the actual network.

damn bots kinda ruined it too

Yeah. So Bitcoin doesn't currently operate like that, which was my whole point.. Let me know when you've done all that.

Nah, bots were awesome when you were the bots.

..............................................................................................................

Good times man.

Shutting down the internet is would be like shooting your own feet for big governments. It would crash every fucking market, pure chaos would rise.

But yea. Only way to stop crypto is shutting down Internet.

The point isn't the consequences though, it's that any government or terrorist organization could do it, and it wouldn't be particularly difficult.

Decentralization is supposed to prevent anyone from being able to do that, kind of. It's supposed to put you in control of your own money.

Crypto + precious metals puts you in control whether hell or high water.

man you were one of those magic hammer paladins doing baal runs i bet lol

But crypto is still centralized.

I had a magic hammer paladin, it was one of the 50 characters I leveled past 70. I played everything viable or not viable. Great game for its time. Pity D3 was such garbage. It completely shit all over the legacy.

Depends on which crypto. Ether is going decentralized.

yeah i was so disappointed with D3

fucking blizzard, became shit after WoW

They do.
If they don't they aren't proponents of the free market.

Finally someone making sense