/maps/

Maps thread.
In memory of , I will post my Caucasus maps first.

What followed the 4th cruisade.

Stop obsessing over this one region sheesh

Why not.
What do the red lines represent ?

No fucking clue, looks like one of them follows the Mississipi river. Splitting by terrains doesn't seem to make sense since then you'd be merging Arizona and New Mexico with Washington and Idaho.

Gonna dump a few more U.S maps
This one's pretty interesting, U.S average temperature speculations.
The picture was for some reason cut in half so I tried doing the favour of merging them. Also dunno why it's so bright.

>tfw no Angevin Empire to rule Europe

Foreigner proportion, legend goes like this in Roman numerals:
I - Less than 1%
II - 1 to 5%
III - 5 to 10%
IV - 10 to 20%
V - 20 to 34%
VI - 34% and over

i love this map

The Caucasus fascinate me, even more so how the Georgians and Chechens managed to survive after all those empires and countries tried to subjugate them. What is it about that region that made them that stubborn? Is it just retard strength or something or does everyone around them fear the Caucasian Warrior?

I have a Georgian friend who always praise the Georgian natural strength, but more specifically their orthodox faith (so they were more resilient against Ottoman rule) and their rich and old culture.

whats the dominant foreign populace in this image? late 1880s im guessing german and their variants

Basically right.
According to the Tenth Census of the United States, Chapter 14 of Volume 1 -"Statistics of the population of the United States", Irish and Germans make up the largest chunk of the foreign-born population.

For the sake of interest here's New york and it's Native/foreign-born population by county.

There's every single state in this census, so if y'all need a specific state I can share, although I feel like I'm derailing the thread too hard so I'mma post another map.
Density of existing forests in the United States.

comin back late to the party and this is a good thread moving slowly so i dont think anyone cares much. very interesting tho hombre, thanks. sadly i dont have any maps to contribute

Japanese Empire in the 20's

Post Ohio's too if you could

The Aegean Islands

>Roman Empire/Byzantium

Byzantines were not Roman.

Sorry for being late, here you go.

**The Empire of Christ, our Lord**:

*“The Will of Christ is the Will of Our Lord; the Will of Our Lord is the Will of God. Long Live Christ, Our Lord! Long Live his Kingdom of Heaven upon Earth! Hail his Most Holy Majesty, Jesus, the first of his name, Son of God, King of the Israelites, Emperor of Heaven on Earth, Saviour of all Mankind, the True Messiah!”* - Judas Iscariot, upon the Coronation of Christ
’.

According to legend, Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ and one true Messiah, was the Son of God and performed numerous miracles upon the people of Judea. One of these would become famous, as he purportedly fed a hungry crowd with nought but one loaf of bread and one fish. Word of the miracle that was this man spread throughout not only Judea, but the entirety of the Roman world. Eventually, his fame spelt what seemed to be his downfall, as during one of his sermons, he was arrested by the Roman authorities and sentenced to death.

However, all would not be lost. Mere hours before his scheduled crucifixion, Judas Iscariot led an armed rabble of Jewish militiamen - angered at the undermining of their local government through Jesus’ arrest - and followers of Jesus to break him out of Roman custody. After his flight from prison, however, Jerusalem fell into chaos. The Jewish people - both those who were followers of Christ and those who were not - had taken up arms against the Romans in defiance. Although Jesus wished for the rioting to subside so that it did not cause further unnecessary violence, the Jewish people had already called for open revolt, and the Roman legions had already been sighted marching towards Judea.

In order to bring Jerusalem under control, Judas and the other disciples pleaded for Jesus to take control of the revolt in order to prevent needless bloodshed. Jesus reluctantly agreed, and in Jerusalem later that day, Judas hastily crowned him the King of the Israelites, among other things. For the most part, the Jewish people and the followers of Christ rallied behind him. After his coronation, Jesus arranged a meeting with the Roman authorities; however, no deal could be made, and instead - upon the advice of Andrew and Judas - Jesus swallowed his pacifism and raised an army with the intention of ‘bringing peace to his people’.

The

Before he marched to war, he created the ‘Council of the Twelve’, consisting of his disciples, to advise his rule. He appoints Judas as the ‘Hand of Christ’ (a first-among-equals position of leadership), Andrew as Marshal, Matthew as Treasurer, James Son of Zebedee as High Physician, John as High Scribe, Peter as Head of the Church, Phillip as High Almoner, Bartholomew as High Steward, James Son of Alphaeus as Head of Medicine, Jude Thaddaeus as Spymaster, Thomas as Master of Construction and Simon as Master of Ships.

More

How old are the Caucasian peoples? I imagine they've been around for a while now