Are Alsatians French or German?

Are Alsatians French or German?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moselle_Romance
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they are Alsatians.

German

Say Hansi right on the picture. Even in French. How much more info do you need?

Explain why then

Both

The region has been home to Germanics for over 2000 years and the German language was dominant there right up until the latter half of the 20th Century.

Both, i'm from alsace and I can tell you we have influence from both. I would say the eastern part is german and the northern is french. But due the germans are apes and i prefer french control.

They're Jewish

Eh.

Western Germany was Romance speaking untill the XI century.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moselle_Romance

german people of course, whose language of course was suppressed by france, but then they suppress other variants of french

ever read le soldat oubliƩ?

They're Franco-German.

It's not either or, a middle ground also exists you numbskull.

Mostly Jewish desu. Also the normal people wouldn't care too much.

Allamannic German, but since WW1 they are getting pressured hard to assimilate to mainstream French. Likely they are the least protected and most pressured minority in Europe.

Cute hat

They used to be german but are unfortunately french today

FPBP

Those were small language islands.

Its French now.

NPBP

The entire post-Lotharingia region was always a clusterfucking mess which Franks fucked up.
You can't even tell anymore if they are french or german, just call them either both or just Alsatians.
The only solution was to make rhine river a border, just like Romans did and call it a day.

Literally this

t. Baguette expansionist

basically this honestly

yeah I never finished it though it was one of the first books i read on world war two

Actually come here and talk to people. No one wants to be german and we're perfectly fine being French. When I occasionally cross the border, I feel no kinship at all for the Germans. Some people might want more autonomy at most, but even then we kept a lot of things, in particular the Concordat. We were part of France long before being being part of any "German" state. And the Germans didn't exactly treat us well in the 40 years we were under them (thanks for the Haut-Koenigsbourg, though, loved that place when I was a kid).

If I had to choose between independence and being rattached to Germany, I say independence. Bring the Decapolis alliance back.

t.Colmar