Alright, I am desperate at this point

I've read the fucking sticky, multiple times now and I still have no clue how to form a diet, count calories and bulk/cut.

I am just incredibly confused as to what I need to do because I am a pretty small 5'9 140 pound, I think skinny fat is the right term, guy whose willing to completely change up his diet but has no fucking clue how. Please will a kind user help me out here

What are your goals?

>sticky

Fell for a meme, my frieundt. That shit is amateur hours garbage.

Become 150 pounds with aesthetic muscle built through Push/Pull/Legs

Nigga you stupid is all
In time you will start to gain knowledge about it,I'm dumb as well so I know

>Everyone says read the fucking sticky
>I read the fucking sticky
>Turns out you don't actually need to read the sticky

Fuck my life man

It's the macro nutrients that get me, how much of each to eat

like if I want to reach 150 pounds of muscle do I really need to eat 150 grams of protein everyday or is that not how it works, then where does carbs and fats come into it?

That one big dude

>beginner worrying about macros

Lol, just lift heavy, eat 500 above maintainence and keep adding weight when it starts to get easier. The 1gram of protein per body pound of bodyweight is a meme. You don't need that much. That's like assuming you worked out every muscle in your entire body at once...

>working out arms
Your arms dont compose all of your body weight, so you don't need that much. If that made sense.

youre really over-complicating things

75, maybe 80 percent of your gains can be achieved by literally just doing this
>lift, sleep, eat when hungry, eat an okay diet aka it's alright for pizza once in a while but not pizza every day

the last 20 percent comes from optimizing all the other little details
>program suited for your goal, great-balanced diet, creatine, fish oil, vitamin d3, zinc, etc etc

just go out there and start lifting, you will learn more as you progress on your journey

1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight is probably over kill, but it's more like a "better safe than sorry" approach
>inb4 people say its 0.8 grams per lb of lean body mass

buy protein powder to SUPPLEMENT your protein
get your crabs from complex carbs like oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes
get your healthy fats from stuff like peanut butter, nuts, olive oil

look, i dont personally track any macros, although i realize it would be beneficial
i just try to get in my protein and eat healthy, aka chicken thighs/breats, broccoli/other veggies, brown rice, and then 1-2 scoops of protein powder and creatine
and then i take my supplements

that's literally all ive been doing. ill go through periods where i eat too much pizza, ill eat "le cookies are ready" and some pop tarts once in a while

ive made some gains

you're really over complicating things, you will make gains
start sweating over every tiny little detail when youre at a much, much, much more advanced stage
right now your overthinking is holding you back and paralyzing you

>just shut the fuck up and go lift you faggot

Right, yes I see this is starting to make sense now. Although...
>Eat 500 above maintenance
Is this as simple as just checking how much calories are in something, counting that, and making sure it adds up to [16*My Body Weight] + 500?

Then how much of those calories need to be protein, carbs and fats?

Or is all of this completely out of the question at this stage?

godamn son, im not the OP that youre replying to, but please read my post
You. Are. Over. Complicating. Things.

but yes, if you really want to, find a TDEE calculator, put in the appropriate numbers, find your TDEE, then eat 500+ that number in calories

people put way too much emphasis on the scale, it's a tool to help you, that is all

use the mirror
>HELP I'VE ACTUALLY LOST WEIGHT WTF
maybe it's because you lost fat and gained muscle? what does the mirror say?

Protein to build new muscle mass, Carbs to recover old mucles, fat idk. Stay away from bad carbs, (Sweets and soda). As long as you train and eat healthy (2500-3000 carbs, 120~ grams of protein) You should be good.

Well, this is in fact the most straightforward yet best advice I've ever been given. Thanks for that user.

If it's just as simple as 'Don't eat bad' that's a real relief because I was stressing out about how I could work for hours and see no improvement but my diet is already lacking on sugar and fats so if it's that easy then this is great.

This was motivational too, thanks. I will stop being a faggot now that you've said this

I can't believe I fell for the sticky meme, thanks to people like you I can stop being a massive faggot and get out there and get gains, thank you.

It's seriously this easy? I was sitting here worrying about calculations and shit but it's this easy? Wow that's a relief now I can get gains and stop being a little bitch worrying out muh carbs

yeah, putting on mass is really just calories in, calories out, but yes, an appropriate level of protein intake will optimize your gains

dont fall for the anabolic window meme
get your carbs, protein, fats in whenever you want/is convenient for you

if that means it's spread over 3 meals that's great. if that means its 7-8 meals a day. if that means getting all your shit in during one big meal in the evening, that's fine.

but if you really want to be more meticulous

>eat some oats 1-2 hours before working out to get in your complex carb intake and provide some fuel for your workout
>have a protein shake or just eat after lifting
>inb4 that's a meme, refer to eric helm's video about protein intake, where he basically says there may be a beneficial effect, it's not entirely sure, but just to be safe, there's nothing wrong with having a shake after work out

Hmm, interesting. This doesn't seem too hard to achieve, it was made out to be so meticulous and precise in the sticky but it's this easy.

I guess I better look into protein shake options but I don't even know where to begin, is here a cost effective option or do I need to pay big money for big gains?

>labdoor.com
ranks supplements and divides into top rated and best value
check it out and decide what is best for you

>examine.com
good for learning more about supplements in general
i would look at fish oil, vitamin d3, and zinc first, and then decide if you want to supplement those

Would you say that supplements are necessary at my level? Also thanks for the websites

necessary? no
helpful? yes

this should be how you prioritize what to spend your money on
>food
>
>
>
>stuff that helps you not live like a shithole aka bed, pillow, healthy environment
>gym
>supps

Right well this is a good ranking system, I'll keep this in mind.

I mentioned before I was doing the push/pull/legs routine, that's completely fine right? I'm not falling for another meme am I?

Mass gainers make bulking easy

personally, the biggest thing for me was drinks.

I was drinking shit I didn't even know had like 10+ cubes of sugar.

These days I drink:

>Water
>Water with lemon/homemade fruitwater
>Tea
>Coffee

I've cut all added sugars from my diet. Went from 230 to 185 by just doing that, mild cardio, and lifting/pushups for 6 or so months. Now I'm done being a faggot though. I'm gonna get serious about this. Cheers user. We're gonna make it.

So from this thread I've basically gathered
>I am a faggot
>Just eat a decent amount of protein
>don't eat and drink like shit

Jesus I came into this thinking it was some entire convoluted and precise process which is crucial to getting gains, I'm glad it isn't. I'm also glad that I can get out there and no longer be a faggot, thanks brah.

sorry user you can't fix stupid, try rerolling

PPL is fine

at the end of the day, the routine that you like and will stick to is the best routine
im not saying PPL isnt a good routine, it's great, but to illustrate the point
>okay routine that you like and will do consitently trumps PERFECT routine that you dont do consistently

if you really want to though, you could do ICF for 3-6 months to maximize your strength gains and then move to PPL

but doing PPL from the start is fine as well

anyway, im glad i could be of some help, good luck user

They're kind of a waste of money though.

If you have a blender and a tiny bit of time, it's cheaper and better to make your own mass gainers. I tend to use oats and peanut butter as the filler calories.

But, like whey, mass gainers are extremely convenient. They're fast, no effort, and stores well for long periods of time.

we're both going to not be faggots anymore. feels good.

honestly the most important thing is to never give up, even when its causing you to SUFFER. let the suffering fuel your drive.

but im exaggerating user. After the first few months it becomes a lot easier. Fun even.