How can I lose weight?

5'6 285lbs here.

I've come to the realization that I need to lose weight, its beginning to affect my life.

>my wife won't sleep with me anymore
>my kid is being a smartass more and more
>i'm losing respect at work
>my joints ache all the time

I feel like I want this more than I want to breathe, but every single time I try to lose weight I wind up going about a week eating healthy and then binge on some pizza or KFC.
I've already replaced soda with diet soda, and I stopped eating lollies.

I need a good routine I can do at home, but I AM willing to invest whatever money it takes to do this.

Help me, Veeky Forums...please.

>pic related; I look like this with a better face.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v6mMpE8AaA0
mytdee.com/
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1848/2
weightloss.healthytreatment.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cut diet soda too, just drink water
NO drinks besides water
NO sugars
LIMIT salt
EAT berries
EAT oatmeal
EAT yogurt with your berries and oatmeal
NO overeating
That's literally it, you will go down steadily if you follow the above, if you eat berries you wont feel any need for sugar

there's no magic, you just need to stick with it longer than a week. diet is more important than exercise for cutting. count all your calories, try to make as big a deficit as you can and you'll lose weight faster. no late night carbs, shit turns right into fat.

read the sticky. start cardio (google couch to 5k). buy a gym membership, start trying barbell exercises.

You do not look like this. I am 275 pounds at 6'1 and I'm way fatter than that. Guarantee it. Look man, you have to be real with yourself. Someone can give you the routine, the diet, and everything you need to follow, but you need to want it. The only person who can really make this change is you.

So go read the fucking sticky.

you already fucked bro

Here man I'll spell it out for you

READ
THE
FUCKING

Down 150 pounds here.

limit your calories to 1800 a day, figure out whatever your maintenance calories are for your laughable height and eat that many calories one day.

Cut the sugar and all that other garbage. eventually you'll learn that that frozen pizza is 1600 calories, and that's all you're allowed for a day, so you'll learn it's not worth it to eat it and find better calorie sources.

Does no sugars mean no fruit??
Well I doubt I overeat, I only eat three meals a day.

I don't really want to go to the gym because of how I look, I guess I'm worried what people will think.

I do look like that, I've always had good insertions and low bodyfat for my size.

I don't look that big, talk about exaggeration.

Also 6'1 and 278, where is most of your fat stored in your body? I still have a pretty stupid big gut and gigantic thighs.

Fruits are a meme, they have much more sugar than berries and do not taste sweeter
Just buy a shitload of berries, they are a godsend

Okay you're doing fine, but you can do much better.
No more soda. That's unacceptable. Only water. Carbonated water if you absolutely want that fizzle. Milk and tea are good to drink sparingly. When it comes to coffee only a modest amount of sugar. (Like a medium teaspoon ammount)

Drink lots of water.

Cut down on the portions of unhealthy foods. Don't remove them completely. Go a week straight and binge only when you break. Then repeat the cycle. Over time it will get easier. I've been changing my diet for four months now and it is easily my new habit. I don't touch anything that is soda. I don't eat takeout anymore either.
Trust me it gets better as time rolls on.

Stick with it.
That last point may seem insignificant, but it's the most important thing I've typed so far.

Then when you've change all that focus on foods. Start with replacing your breakfast with a large, healthy serving. It's the most important meal of the day and you might as well optimize that first.

Ask your family to help you keep a hold on your dieting. They love you, but you have to love yourself first to really notice that.

user, I wish you the best regards a stranger could give to another stranger.

After a few months of dieting look into fitness. Abs are made in the kitchen. Don't forget why you're doing this.
>for you and your family
>so you can be there for your grandchildren teach them proper lifestyle and good decision making

OP here, is it worth it to build a home gym?
I was gonna buy some kettle bells and gymnastic rings online.
Is keto actually a viable diet or is it a meme?
Also, is Stronglifts my best bet for losing weight? I can't run for very long so I think cardio is out.

Download myfitnesspal

You don't have to eat super strict, my GF is using this without working out at all and lost 14 pounds in 6 weeks, she still gets to eat pizza and other such things, just in smaller amounts.

e.g for her main meal if she feels like having a pizza she'll have half of a pizza with some salad on the side, instead of a full one. Of course you still have to assert restraint still, but it's less daunting than eating vegatables and lean protein all the time. Sometimes we just want a greasy pizza, I get that.

>I do look like that, I've always had good insertions and low bodyfat for my size.

Bullshit. Post a pic of yourself then.

All in that gut and my thighs rub together.. I fucked up and gained a shitload of weight. My starting weight was about 283, so I'm working my way down.

I'm jelly of your lack of moobs

My gut and my face have recently got out of hand, and my thighs have always been huge.

Thanks man, so berries are the way to go for sweet tooth fixes?

Thanks tonnes for the advice man, whats your routine?
Those last two lines struck close to home man, my kid called me a fatass the other day, broke my damn heart.

I have a nokia brick phone, I can't use apps.

I didn't come here to get bullied man, I don't take pics of myself let alone look in the mirror often.

Recommended daily calories for an adult male is like 2500, eat as many different foods as you can each day and work on hitting that number. Don't count out any good as being bad, don't only eat 5 or six of the same things everyday. Eat as many different foods as you can, obviously whole unprocessed foods are the aim but there's room for some pizza or KFC from time to time as long as your able to fit it in to those 2500cal a day. Start lifting, don't wait till you loose weight, start lifting and eating 2500cal a day. Report back here each month with your progress and read the Effin sticky.

holy fucking shit bro. how the fuck did you let it get that bad, i will never understand why people dont get the cue to fucking cut back once they see a hint of a gut beginning to appear. your torso looks like barney ffs

not trying to say youre not going to make it but fug my man! sheeitt

>Thanks man, so berries are the way to go for sweet tooth fixes?
Yes, don't forget to eat oatmeal and yogurt with it, you want the fiber from oatmeal and the yogurt for the fullness
Studies on people trying to lose weight show that the people who eat the most fiber lose the most weight

Then buy a cheap smartphone, I got one for 65 bucks that does everything I need or use the PC version. It's just handy having it on a smart phone because you can scan everything, cutting time and effort. Studies show electronically keeping track of your food intake like that makes you more likely to lose weight.

pic fucking related

user I feel for you because you're a sad fatty that realizes he's a fatty. But do you even lurk? Have you tried googling anything, reading the sticky, lurking this board because many people make these clueless sob story threads asking how to lose weight. It's not rocket science. By looking at what you've responded to people trying to give you help, it's apparent to me you're going to continue to be fat and loath your existence.

>want to lose weight
Go to the gym you fat piece of shit you can't ask a fitness board how to lose weight then say that shit you sound like a pussy and a retard

>user tells you to eat berries and no processed sugar
Can I eat fruit?? Cmon man he said the answer to your question right there get the fukn lard out of your retinas

>I doubt I overeat
Here's what's fucked up. You're fat as hell you obviously over eat you don't get fat by eating proper proportions.

What I'm trying to say here dough man is stop being a generic fat lard if you're actually trying to be fit. If you want to be a fat son a bitch, keep doing what you're doing now

Man 2500 is easy. Can't believe I'm cutting at 1800.

So fibre is key, gotcha.
I'll see if I can get one soon, is there anything else I should look into getting?
You don't have to insult me man, nothing you can say can hurt more than hearing the kid I brought into this world say some of the things he has said recently.

Would a pic really help you guys help me?

no. weight is weight. people give reddit a fucking hard time but their loseit board is really helpful.

Dude, mad impressed with your weight loss. Keep it up!

>I didn't come here to get bullied man, I don't take pics of myself let alone look in the mirror often.

I'm not bullying you. I'm saying shame is a hell of a motivator. Think of the first picture as the beginning of your journey to look back on. You need to stop being sensitive, words are only words, the only person that dictates how they make you feel is you.

Fatties gonna fat, that's how.

I was actually 300 pounds back in highschool and got down to 180. Ended up with a soul crushing desk job and stopped giving a shit, 2 years later and when my pants no longer fit and I can no longer button my shirt is when it finally hit me that I needed to stop being a sack of shit.

I've done it once, and I'll do it again. We're all gonna make it. Even fat dinosaurs can make it.

OP here, my wife just took a pic and I edited out any identifiers.
This is what we are working with, is there hope for me Veeky Forums?

>Dude, mad impressed with your weight loss. Keep it up!
thanks breh

Routine for lifting? I don't lift, I just do calisthenics with my friend who's all about fitness. I do a lot of cardio too. Swimming and biking mostly. I don't see working out as a way to attain a healthy body. Instead I go for being active in my day by dedicating a whole hour or more to just sports every Tuesday Thursday Friday and weekend, depending on who's avalible for games. It's not about routine, but rather it's about the little habits you do. I'm only fit because I'm consistent with my efforts.

As for food, I eat an omelet with a shit load of blended vegetables or a bowl of oatmeal with berries or banana slices. Sometimes with Greek yogurt. That's my breakfast. You would be amazed at how many variations of these two dishes there are and how different they all taste.

After that I usually have one other significant meal of whatever my family has cooked. Portions is key here. I supplement these meals with a bowl of salad with a great variety of veggies. Salads can be made any way you want, a dense pile of copped whatever or an elegant dish with peels of carrot, nuts, some minced garlic, and whatever is in mind.

Above all that I remind myself of my father and mother, who are both overweight and facing a lifetime of medical issues because of it. How they couldn't partake in sports with me and my older brother because of their condition.
Which leads me to this point: since I've change my diet I've noticed their diet change too. They drink less soda, and eat the vegetables I guy more often. They also eat less takeout and less premade food.

Last advice to give you: you'll see the people around you change as you do.
I truly believe you can achieve weight loss and an active lifestyle because you demonstrated compassion and adulthood qualities of trying to better your entire family unit by being better to yourself.
If you have questions related to weight lifting and gym, ask these anons. They know their shit better than I do.

you know what to do OP

>5'6"
Your kids will disrespect you and your wife won't sleep with you either way, OP

>Well I doubt I overeat
>Well I doubt I overeat
>Well I doubt I overeat
Are you fucking serious?

If you can't believe you overeat, there's no helping you.

>I AM willing to invest whatever money it takes to do this
You also seem to be under the false assumption that money will fix this issue.

Replace the word money with effort.

Does this stuff really work? I don't know if you can get it where I live but I'll ask around.

I usually eat cereal (special K, nutragrain) for breakfast with a little sugar sprinkled on.
I'm not a big fan of salads but I love omelettes with bacon in. What kinda salads do you recommend?

Anyone can lose weight, there's always hope and people who think it's hard haven't actually tried, the simple answer is that you have to change your life to start losing weight, do exactly what the first post in this thread said and you are guaranteed to lose weight.

I feel like the girl in that photo has a fair point though, if she was skinny she wouldn't have been attacked like that. Am I missing something?

There's hope for you if you actually man up and lose some weight. Don't cheat, don't doubt yourself, just do it and make it a habit and you'll actually start to look like a person instead of a formless puddle of melted ice cream.

>tfw 200lbs down from 350
>tfw cutting went from easy breezy 3k calories to fucking 2k or less

kill me

stop that sugar shit. you don't need it. if you eat a cereal, it a bran ceral like fiber one honey nuts and oats. fuck stop that sugar shit man.

Is there a video of this?

Of course not, because their bodies aren't exactly big flashing lights like that girl's is. Obesity isn't healthy.

have you ever tried out intermittent fasting? makes managing calories way easier. not sure if i buy any of the bro science behind it though.

You can't be fat and healthy you dense fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=v6mMpE8AaA0

It's just part of my routine man, I've had sugar on my cereal since I was a kid, everyone in my family does it. I don't think its the sugar on my cereal making me as fat as I've gotten recently though. I think there is something more at play.

Should I see a doctor guys?

Yes, steroids work... but you don't need them right now; you need to focus on restricting your calories and exercising.

So intermittent fasting, lotsa fibre and berries, what else can I change about my diet Veeky Forums I really don't want to give up my diet soda, it's about the only unhealthy thing I still have.

Cereal is for kids man. Try eating eggs or oats for breakfast. Also what many anons in this thread have been saying, cut the sugar bro. Stop eating all processed/added sugars. If you can't cut them all at once because you're a fat lard then slowly ween yourself

>Does this stuff really work? I don't know if you can get it where I live but I'll ask around.
Yes. It works by speeding up your heart rate, which at your body size, is a great way get dat der heart failure, a.k.a. dead.

There's always hope. And I'm glad you posted it, I hope you can see that I wasn't bullying you, but asking you to be realistic and honest with yourself.

You can definitely lose the weight. Just don't let denial or excuses take over. If you are overweight, you overeat. Start tracking what you intake, my fitness pal is a good choice, but like you said, you don't have a phone that can do that. I honestly just use pen and a small notebook to write everything down and I always overestimate my calories when in doubt.

Get into a routine and make it habit. That's the most important part.

OP here just made my breakfast for tomorrow, its a big bowl of frosties with half a punnet of blueberries on top and a small muffin.
What should I prepare for lunch??

that post wasn't for you. you have to learn to be able to hit calorie goals and stick to them before you even contemplate intermittent fasting. you get nothing from the soda unless you're addicted to caffeine, which i assume you are. then you have hundreds of better ways to get the caffeine you need in better (still not always healthy) avenues

a cyanide pill

Doing that actually, and it's helped. Only eat lunch (when I wake up at 11), and dinner (530 or 6)

What really kills me is the fact that all my meals are at my employer's cafeteria.... each menu item has a calorie count listed, but it's not like they weigh that shit out.

But I guess an approximate amount is better than not counting at all?

Hmm.. Remove bacon for some time. Eat that only once a week at most.
Don't eat cereal too often either, and never add sugar to that.

For omelets, I crack a whole egg and fill the pan with eggwhites. When the omelet is nearly cooked add blended vegetables.(carrots broccoli whatever you have the more the merrier)
This way you won't lose nutrients from cooking the veggies. I personally prefer to make them all scrambled and eat with a spoon.

Btw when you eat try to chew everything into a paste. It'll trick your body into thinking it ate a bunch while being easier to digest.

Salads can be made anyway you want. Regular cabbage chopped as the majority, with carrot cut vertically into thin long slices, with wallnuts or no, tomato slices, and two cloves of minced garlic.
I prefer to cut everything myself, so I guy the raw ingredients. Add a tablespoon or two(never more than this) of olive oil, and one tablespoon of vinegar. I mix all this with my hands. It feels intimate and amazing. Wash your hands before and after.
There are literally thousands of variations for salads. You can replace tomatoes with cucumbers, or garlic with onions. You can even use chic peas and beans as a alternative to cabbage.
Get creative. Buy veggies and see what you can do with them. It's fun to experiment.

Yes. Also, you don't have to eat everything thrown at you.

Okay guys I'm gonna save the muffin from breakfast tomorrow and have that at lunch, I'm at work tomorrow so I'll probably get a subway and diet coke, what can I do for dinner so I don't buy fish and chips?

if you hate vegetables like i do, roasted cauliflower and broccoli is the way to go, and peas and carrots.

I don't overeat to the extent you guys are making out, a lot of this is due to me aging and the way my body is built.

I only have a tbs on my cereal I doubt that is making the difference.

I beg to differ, I am healthy besides my joints hurting and probably fitter than most people I know/work with.

So I should do this intermitten fasting and get some steroids - any particular steroid recommended?

>no sugars
>eat berries

Fucking idiotic sheep, kill yourself.

Nigga I've lost 200lbs, I struggle with it sometimes but I already know that.

When I'm at the cafeteria, I round every calorie count up to the next 100, even if it's listed as something like 205 calories, I'll count it as 300.

I don't eat much.

But everything has sugars in it :^)
>not eating broccoli only

Dude, you need to be truthful to yourself. You do not look like Seth Rogan. You look like two Seth Rogans.

This isn't meant as an insult. You clearly have issues accurately assessing yourself. You don't think you overeat and you don't think you're that big and you think you have relatively low body fat with high insertions. None of those are true.
>So I should do this intermitten fasting and get some steroids - any particular steroid recommended?
Again, steroids if you want a heart attack. Not joking.

Wtf are you talking about, fruits are sugar. Dont spout fucking nonsense and you wont get called out on it.

Dude, come on.

Seriously.

Remember how you said you looked like your OP picture? Look at what you posted, and look back.

You overeat, stop lying to yourself. The only thing you're doing is hurting yourself. Get this, some foods are calorie dense. If you go to Qdoba, get a burrito and call that lunch then have two more meals, guess what, that burrito is like 1300 calories.

A tbs of sugar, assuming you accurately measure, is 50 calories just for a spoonful of sugar. Over a week that's 350 calories right there, just for a spoonful of sugar. Shit adds up.

Start being truthful to yourself.

There's a gargantuan difference between the two and you know it, fuck off with your caviling.

what site is this

Fuck if I know, first one that came up on google.
mytdee.com/
No idea on the accuracy.

Merely to prove a point. Under no circumstance is there not overeating involved.

i was just curious, i can't find a reliable one everyone seems to gravitate to.

Come on now don't be the stereotypical fattie in a FPH/FPS thread.

You're NOT healthy. You're NOT fitter than most people you work with, unless they're all 300lb+ sedentary slobs, at which point you're bragging about barely winning the special olympics.

No, you should not get steroids. And no, you shouldn't eat the muffin at all because that muffin is fucking garbage, and so is that chicken bacon ranch you're gonna get at subway.

Don't ask for advice and then spit in everybody's face.

Also, being 5'6" and 280lbs isn't from you aging and how you carry your weight. Weight gain comes from eating more than you expend, and you've been doing a lot of that for a long time now.

Again, those are the exact same thing. Fucking retard, learn nutrition.

>fruits are sugar
>learn nutrition
This is some of the most backward niggling I've ever seen on here. Raspberries, Strawberries and Blackberries all contain below 5% sugar.

OP here, sorry if I sounded defensive, I just can't rack my brains and figure out what I am eating that is causing all my problems.

I need to work out what I can and can't eat and I need a workout plan Veeky Forums help me please my family doesn't love me anymore it hurts to walk to the car and back and I can just feel myself dying. I need HELP.

5% per what? in terms of calories they are almost entirely sugar

you eat to much

no one can do it for you

>5%

50% fucking retard

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1848/2

And thats only berries, all fruits are underconsumed by obese and diabetic people. Apples are all sugar and have a GI of 35.

It's not what you're eating, but how much. Okay, eating sugary and greasy shit doesn't help because it becomes "too much" very quickly. But you can lose weight eating twinkies if you eat few enough.

Start by recognising where you are. It's not your OP pic, or anywhere close. It's not age either. You've been consistently overeating for years. Probably decades. You can't fix that easily or quickly - but you CAN fix it.

I was 255 lbs 59. I ate every other day M to F. and ate normally SS. Im now 216lbs.

What website is that?

OP here, decided what I'm gonna do guys.

Looked up liposuction + steroids and costs are less that buying a homegym.
Gonna beat my kid and divorce my wife.

Wish me luck guys!

sounds legit

But divorce is even more expensive than a home gym. Just beat your wife too.

OP here, all these fools posting in a groll bread

fuck me I look like that.

I gotta get this weight off

post number proves you're a lying skumbag

Read the sticky you silly cunt

only by slowly changing your habits:

weightloss.healthytreatment.org/

>I doubt i overeat, i only have 3 meals per day
>in a fucking post about how you are fat

Thermodynamics isnt just some kind of selective law that works on every other piece of matter in the universe except for you. Eat under your daily energy needs to lose weight. Period.

Nigga how the fuck are you gonna do stronglifts program with gymnastic rings and kettlebells?

Also you cant even stop fucking drinking soda but you think you have the self control to do Keto? Seriously?

S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y

All these people honestly trying to help are getting trolled right now.

>I don't really want to go to the gym because of how I look, I guess I'm worried what people will think.
Who gives a fuck. You never need to talk to them, fuck them if they judge you.

They don't fucking know you, ignore that shit. Look after yourself and your fucking family.

Are you a fucking man or a child?

Stop worrying so much what some unknown fuckhead thinks. These are the people who will probably judge you equally for being ripped as for being fat because people who are negative will FIND something to judge you for.

Download a calory counting app.
Download C25K app.

Eat less
Move more

>Well I doubt I overeat
Stop lying to yourself.

If you didn't over eat you wouldn't be fat.

Today I ate a small (135g) can of tuna with 2 teaspoons of sriracha and black pepper, two roast chicken legs and a wing, I had 4 cups of black coffee with no sugar, and I had 100g (3.5 oz) french fries because I wanted a cheat day so I had chips instead of lunch. I drank about 3 L of water.

I'm 6'1" and 170lbs.

>I have a nokia brick phone, I can't use apps.
Invest the money in a phone then.

You want to "spend the money"

Buy the cheapest android phone you can, no plan, no sim, just use your home or library wifi to download the apps, use a diary to log your food, then when you have wifi update your intake for the day.

This guy: is right.

You are so much bigger than seth rogan.

If you take Zach Efron, Seth Rogan, and you.
Seth is closer to Zach than he is to you.

Sorry bro.

All sauces.
All drinks other than water.
All condiments.
All dressings.
All toppings.

That's what you need to stop eating.

Eat veggies.
Buy a bag of frozen vegetables. It's like 1 kg (2.2 lbs) of veggies for like $1.35 in Australia. I'm sure it's cheaper pretty much everywhere else in the world except scandinavia.

Put them in a pot with water. Boil the water. Drain them. Put them in a bowl. Add a small (2oz) tin of tuna. That's fucking dinner.

It's a fuck load of food and less than half the calories of some fucking taco bell, burger king, kfc, or subway item. Let alone the drink/sides.

>2500

wow I thought I was supposed to be eating around 1800 to maintain a day and ive been eating 1100 a day

>I'll see if I can get one soon, is there
>anything else I should look into getting?

Yes a scale to weigh yourself

This

OP, you do overeat, and not just a little.

The first and easiest step would be to stop drinking calories though. Just drink fucking water. When you master that, move on to something else. Replace one thing you eat regularly, that's unhealthy, with something healthy and lower in calories. When you master that routine, do it with something else you eat that is huge in calories and unheathly, and so on until you master your diet. Then, when you have the strength of mind to establish good routines and make them your normal, everyday life, you can start working out.

You are a week minded individual, because you've let yourself get to this point. However, you can change. You will most likely fail if you tackle the entire problem at once and revert back to your habits. Tackle your issues one problem at a time, and you will succeed.

Then, even you will make it. Also, read the sticky.

Drinking water is a good tip, and drink lots of it. It can actually replace the need for a meal.
Drink coffee in the morning, too. At least for me, it eases my appetite for a pretty long time..