That guy who squats with a bar pad

>that guy who squats with a bar pad
>that guy who claims knee or back issues and wont squat
>that guy who claims knee or back issues and wont deadlift
>that same guy who just happens to have all the shoulder health in the world to do bench, and just happens to be a teen as well, or atleast the mindset of one
>that guy who warms up for lifting weights with running (?????????????????????????)
>that guy who wears generic "sport and fitness" shoes, or running shoes to the gym
>that guy who wears a tanktop and is dyel as fuck
>that guy who uses a belt for anything less than 405 on any lift
>that guy who grunts doing isolation exercises
>that guy who keeps making that "been doing bw exercises at home and im ready to go to a gym, how do i not go to a gym and buy 10lb DBs to lift at home instead because of gymtimidation"
>that guy who has jeff seid as his idol
>that guy who unironically belives jeff seid is natty, and just happens to be a teen.
>that guy who's into "fitness" rather than lifting
>that guy who claims to have large legs from walking to and from work (?????????) so he doesnt have to train legs
>that guy who rows in the squat rack RACKING the weights 1 foot from the floor instead of just deadlifting it up and rowing every time
>that guy who does "corrective" deadlifts for months on end with no progress
>that guy who wears gymshark

I squat 3 times a week and my knees are killing me, have i fallen for a meme?

>tfw had to deload squats from 250lb to 225lb today due to lower back pain
>tfw officially bench (230lb) more than squat

no, you're quarter squatting or have knee valgus.

>that guy with bad form, inevitably going to blame exercise rather than himself for fucking up

I'm mlst def not quarter squatting, dont the knees have to travel a outwards on the side?

knees have to track in line with toes

i don't know, man. the pain is only on the left side of my lower back. what would the bad form be, leaning to one side?

it's possible i guess since i lift in my basement and the floor isn't perfectly level.

imbalances in hips, legs or erectors if i had to guess. Or idk maybe you pulled your left erector / glute and you're being a pussy about it,

Anybody ever get knee pain right above their kneecap sometimes, but never when lifting?

From squatting? Quadricep tendon pain from overuse (everyone who squats a decent amount of weight has this), and warming up usually helps. Which is probably why.

do you seriously think less of people for using a bar pad

I really do. Its always the skinny frail faggots who have no concept of tech and put the bar on their neck. What is asking someone how to squat properly?

I want a bar pad just for hip thrusts.

This i can understand.

i sort of do. when i first started sqatting i held the bar to high and my neck ached. learned proper form with bar lower. (a lot of op's gripes are shit however)

>(a lot of op's gripes are shit however)

Which ones?

>>that guy who claims knee or back issues and wont squat
>>that guy who claims knee or back issues and wont deadlift
>>that same guy who just happens to have all the shoulder health in the world to do bench, and just happens to be a teen as well, or atleast the mindset of one
>>that guy who warms up for lifting weights with running (?????????????????????????)
>>that guy who wears generic "sport and fitness" shoes, or running shoes to the gym
1. knee and back problems are real, 2. god forbid someone isnt lifting to look like the michelin man

The squat and deadlift thing is literally a lie 9/10 times, and as for generic "sport and fitness" shoes, jesus christ i mean seriously? How new are you

>that same guy who just happens to have all the shoulder health in the world to do bench, and just happens to be a teen as well, or atleast the mindset of one
>that guy who wears generic "sport and fitness" shoes, or running shoes to the gym
>that guy who wears a tanktop and is dyel as fuck
>that guy who grunts doing isolation exercises
>that guy who rows in the squat rack RACKING the weights 1 foot from the floor instead of just deadlifting it up and rowing every time

you got me

>The squat and deadlift thing is literally a lie 9/10 times
thanks for the evidence
>generic "sport and fitness" shoes
a normal fcking shoe... what are you bitching about here? i can barely tell

I run for 5 minutes before lifting to get the blood flowing.

The last guy I saw using the pad was squatting 2 plate with 1/8th ROM and was looking nearly straight up during his sets.

Good form takes a long time to master bro. I had butt wink for a long time, also didn't keep head in neutral position, my stance was too far apart. These all seem like little things, but you pay for them in the long run and learn through pain.

I fucking hate it when faggots do shrugs in the power rack and load the plates on the rack. Get a fucking platform, that's what they are there for.

I wear a belt for anything over 250 bro. It's stupid not to.

I have legit back and hip issues. I could never deadlift with proper form at all (even that bar/no weight), and had difficulty squatting even to parallel, despite doing stretches for a long time.

Someone like you basically told me to stop being a pussy and just try harder. I did (tried going below parallel on squat), and got a sharp pain down back and leg.

I had xrays done and it turns out I have a slight scoliosis, sacralisation of my lumbar spine, as well as 1-2 other things i forgot. I'm currently seeing a sports medicine doctor and a physiotherapist. Most of it is fixable, but i will probably never have the mobility to safely squat below parallel, and even getting to the point where I can do a safe deadlift (that doesn't risk disc herniation) is going to take a very long time.

I'm the dude in the gym that does a normal weight for bench (225) but is squatting and deadlifting just the bar, and I probably will be doing just that for many months to come. It kinda annoys me that there are people out there like you that are judging me for working my way back towards lifting safely.

Im not hating on people with actual injuries, im referring to people who will lie about it.

Gymshark tapered bottoms are perfect. I bought them on a sale and wear them all the time. Don't care for thr brand.

>tfw the only platform in my gym is connected to the power rack

>"corrective" deadlifts
what?

Yea i have this and i only squat lmao2pl8. How do you solve it? When i squat i warm up and when I'm warm I'm ok but thw rest of the day is pain.

don't grind on every rep. if you're fighting that much, you're doing it wrong. pick a weight where you can get out 5 clean reps.

Fuck off you fucking idiot, thats mom tier fitness tips

sod off, mate. enjoy your knee pain.

Sod off nigger, enjoy your weakling faggot squats. There are no great lifters with no aches.

>that guy who warms up for lifting weights with running
i do this user. is it bad ?

it's bad if you're a Veeky Forums-brainwashed moron who has fallen for the "all cardio is evil" meme. pretty much every serious athlete does cardio before workouts, but god forbid if you do it you'll burn an extra hundred calories and all of your gains will immediately shrivel and die

If it's a dull knee ache it's likely caused by a tight IT band; your 'outer quad' is pulling on your knee cap and making it grind. Roll out your outer quads and buy a knee sleeve.

>that guy who sets the squat rack too low
fucking manlets. When will they learn?

>i do this user. is it bad ?
no but it shouldn't do the only warmup you do. Look into some dynamic warmups routines

>that guy who warms up for lifting weights with running

Guilty.

I don't do squats because shoulder injury, does it count?

i had this pretty bad, no pain when streching, just a dull pain above the knee at around 90°.

it was so bad i couldn't sit down on a chair without intense pain.

i stopped squatting for 2 months and lots of foam roalling and mobility training.
right now working my way back up squating 2pl8 again and feeling weak as fuck.

I actually do have knee issues and can't squat.
Worked up to 4pl8 and then started having knee pains and figured that our family is cursed with retropatella athrosis.

>That guy who only eats chicken breast

>>that guy who uses a belt for anything less than 405 on any lift
yap

>that guy who wears a bodybuilding.com shirt

this desu

surefire sign of being insecure, DYEL, or both

>4 shattered vertebrae and a previously dislocated disc
>doctors warned not to do any exercises that put pressure on the spine until they give the all clear
d...do you still hate me?

>that guy who wears basketball shorts to the gym

>that guy who does "corrective" deadlifts for months on end with no progress

That's me. I have scapula alla and mild scoliosis. I'm still dyel, but almost managed to get to lmao2plates (which was a lot for me) but had to deload because the imbalance was too severe. I'd get DOMS only on the left side of my lower-back.

Has anyone been through a similar issue? Am I gay for doing this? Should I give up on lifting because of this and should I become a trap?

OP is a faggot and should mind his own business.

I have mild scoliosis. Some diffuse back pain occasionally, but never any serious problems, and I've pulled 435x5 from the floor and 475x5 from an inch below the knee. you might benefit from coaching, but you're probably fine.

>that guy who wears clothes in the sauna

Actually, my biggest issue is the winged scapula I mentioned because it makes my right arm slightly longer, fucking up my balance. I'm not exactly sure what is the best way to fix this, which is why I spend so many months experimenting with various forms.

Huh. Supinate the right hand? Or scoot your right hand a little farther out than your left and focus real hard on keeping the bar against your shins? But you've probably thought of that already.

>>that guy who claims knee or back issues and wont deadlift
This was me. I actually do have back issues confirmed by doctor so I didn't deadlift for years, but once I started I realized it would probably help my back if I did it carefully

I use an adjustable bench rack for rowing and what the fuck is wrong with grunting during curls

I've pulled my left erector 3 times, never pulled anything else. I'm pretty sure it's due to my scoliosis. Just hang in there brah us fucked up back bros gotta take it slow

RIP knees enjoy getting around in a wheelchair by the time you're 45.

Switching my hand position doesn't really work because the bar just swings back when I lift.

Reverse grip does appear to work, but I'm worried that will further exacerbate my muscle imbalance problem. Maybe I should give it another try.

My right now I'm trying to fix my scapula with YTWLs combined with good form, light deadlifitng. My logic is that it's better to fix the problem at the source rather than using some short-term fixes. Still, it's kind of embarrassing to think that I have spent months deadlifting with nothing to show for it.

Probably just the bar without any weights to check if their form is correct. Anyway op sounds like a whiny bitch. How about you kind your own business at the gym instead of letting every single thing other people do bother you? If you hate people so much then save up for your home gym. If it's not possible then shut up and do your own thing at the public gym.

I bet you don't do any hamstring work near 3x a week
Obviously if your quad is huge and your hamstring is weak it's gonna hurt your knee

You are that guy OP is talking about aren't you?

>that guy who bitches and moans about every little thing other people do at his gym on a Mongolian flute-crafting forum instead of minding his own business

Yes. I said so in my first post.

>That guy who wears the superman t shirt

I agree with all of this but
THIS is fucking on point.
HOW THE FUCK does someone lack awareness to take a whole power cage for 95lb rows? At my uni gym there's only one power cage because it's tiny, there were three guys working in on rows, they weren't even inside the cage, they were basically pulling it off where the pins stick out on the outside of the cage.

Ended up asking them if I could use the cage, they said they all had a few sets left, I explained to them that it still weighs 95lbs when you pick it up off the ground and they were uselessly taking up the only squat rack. Fucking frustrating, not even that they're rookies, but really just that they're thoughtless

>that girl who wears motivational tank tops
>"there are no rest days"
>that guy who wears the tank tops that are cut all the way down and show his DYEL body

At my gym there are no spare barbells so if you want to row or deadlift you have to take up a squat rack or bench

>that guy who does a brosplit and then complains about sore legs on facebook from his once a week leg day

jesus christ this so much, but any legday meme in general makes me fucking cringe

I squat 400+, had periods when I squatted 4 times a week and have never had any kind of pain except doms.

You're assuming that the majority of people are faking so that you can feel better about yourself. Get over it you fucking faggot ass bitch.

I guess you're lucky then. I squat 495 highbar.

>4 times a week

Smolov?

So what is it? pain from not being used to the full range of motion in hips or knees? Is it a lowerbody epidemic that seems to affect the majority of people but only when asked to do squats? Whats up?

OP fat powerlifter

Yeah but you don't need a rack to row.
Same desu

Smolov is 5 innit?
I'd guess Sheiko

Sup weakling?

Your knees are likely caving in.

I wear running shoes that are almost 6 years old. I just take them off if I'm deadlifting or squatting.

Smolov is 4 day, atleast the base cycle is. Which is all i really do.

what shoes should i wear to the gym?
dont say actual lifting shoes, you dont need to wear those unless ur squatting 4 plates.

Wing tips

socks and sandals

Bikes and rowers are better

theres no reason not to wear lifting shoes, just buy them you baby

Warm up thoroughly, knee sleeves/light wraps, stay out of your knees when you squat. You may have to give up the high bar meme.

>you dont need to wear those unless ur squatting 4 plates.
congratulations you got memed
lifting shoes if you're squatting, wrestling shoes otherwise

>t. guy who's been lifting for less than a year

This
435lbs highbar at 180lbs bw
never had tendon pain

>destroyed knee playing high school football
>broken patella, torn soft tissue
>still get 1-2 dislocations a year
>Zercher squat, low weight high rep high bar squat, focus mainly on isometric leg press with 5 plate

Some people have legitimate issues

>that guy who leaves his sweaty underwear out in the open
>that guy who enters the sauna naked before showering
>that guy who squats with perfect form while washing his feet
>that guy who washes his squat plug in the showers
That guy is me.

I think I have this. Is it suposed to hurt slightly when I overstretch my quads?

>>that guy who warms up for lifting weights with running (?????????????????????????)

whats wrong with this

My right knee cap feels loose and locks up if i do certain things with my leg

>guy who claims knee issues and won't squat

Why do you even fucking care?
WHY AM I MAD?
MY KNEE ISSUES ARE REAL SCREEEEE

You will fatigue yourself , possibly opening yourself up to injury if you lift heavy.

Yeah this, my deadlift is strong but every time I squatted below parallel it fucked me up and a year later I find out I have hip impingement. Well, that explains it.

I just wear tennis shoes, and I take them off when I squat

Just some fucking gym shoes.
Why the fuck does it matter?