Let's talk forearms

1. Order the Heavy Gripz or the Vulcan Grip

This is one of the simplest ways to up your forearms is just focusing on raw grip strength. Use these both right side up and upside down since the fingers on the bottom of the grip are contributing a larger slack. One thing that happened from using these is my pinkies are still weak in the sense that they are pinkies, but are considerably strong for that and will pay off for #3 which is the goldmine for getting that area below the wrist thicker. Using grippers during the beginning had my hand sore everywhere working reps with the 150's, like that space between your finger through your palms was is pain the next day. Doing this on a strong test and nandrolone cycle may yield some finger and palm thickness gains. Years ago I read about a 17 year old (who I communicated with on same forum) who worked up to the 300lb grippers and said that it helped his arm wrestling (wanted to be competitive arm wrestler) and did a lot of different things to up his wrist size from a 6.5" to a 7.5" dom wrist, however I am dismissing grips as being able to make the actual wrist thicker.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FMt_QbwHzWc
fapler.com/gallery/73533
youtube.com/watch?v=mU42-yFmOWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2. Order Fat Gripz and Fat Gripz Extreme

These are so you have a wider hand grip to put over a bar. First instinct might tell you this is all for pulling but your wrong. Try doing curls with these and it is like the bar is trying to pry your hands open duing the rep, your forearms get blasted during dumbell flys. Another thing i use them during presses too. This is one trick to make the muscles right below the wist grow is that while your hand is wider and closer to open, those muscles right below the wrist are more activated in balancing and stabilizing. It will be hard but try and use the regular fat gripz for pulling and ge the fat gripz extreme for the pushing and everything else.

3. Wrist Rotation

This is the neglected thing nobody does for forearms cause people often don't see a reason why it helps other gym lifts. Most people do a pointless rotation workout where they hold a dumbell and spin it which not many do in the first place. There is only one simple wrist rotation exercise I know otherwise you need to get inventive. The first one is in the video below, however this is missing something and that is the wider grip that fat gripz provide. Ty an experiment. Put one fist in front of you and your other hand catching the fist, wrap you open hand around that fist and try to spider your fingers around it, and now rotate the fist in both directions with the gripping hand while the fist hand resist. This rotation done with the wider grip and spread out fingers does wonders to target these muscles below the wrist, getting that thinnest part of the forearm bulked up.

youtube.com/watch?v=FMt_QbwHzWc

>Let;s talk forearms.

Let's not.

I did all tha for Veeky Forums.

Pretty good info, I don't understand why so many people dismiss forearms. Your forearms are literally always visible, yet for some reason people just work their biceps and triceps and think that'll make them look big.

Why bother with fancy bullshit when you can just change the way you do your curls to get a forearm pump along with your bicep pump?

Also sauce because tits are the only way this thread is staying alive:

fapler.com/gallery/73533

Because that's completely different muscle usage and seriously reduces your bicep involvement as well?

There are only 3 different forearm movements and it's the one that trains the biggest muscle. Also there's lots of evidence to suggest that you don't really need to isolate biceps much if you do a good amount of back volume.

If you have access to farmer's walk handles and an axle, use them. Paused double overhand axle deadlifts are very difficult, if you can do them with more than 3pl8 you're strong as fuck. You can do this with fat grips but you can't do other stuff with them as well as you can with an axle.

I was thinking of getting a fat gripz knock off because my forearms are weak as fuck

Would it be a bad idea to simply throw them onto the bar for everything?
Should I limit it to certain movements or a limited number of each?

You can try, but there's two main limitations to them:

1. The forearms are seriously prone to overtraining and slow as shit to recovery if you manage it (because they're used in so much stuff). Whatever volume you end up at, build to it slowly.

2. They can tend to make certain exercises relatively pointless as anything except grip work - stuff like deadlifts, rows, shrugs etc (anything that already involves the grip) will turn into primarily forearm movements. That's fine if you want a deload for other stuff (same principle as using an axle like the other guy said) but it'll make progress sluggish otherwise.

Huh, good to know

Any experience using them for chins/pullups? I've read someone recommending them for that but I'm not sure how effective it'll be (might turn into solely grip work like you said for DLs)

Depends how good your grip is relative to your pullup strength. They work fine for me, but I've got stupidly large hands and much better gripping strength than pulling strength. Using an actual fat bar would be better if its available since fat gripz and their knockoffs can be prone to sliding around or falling off if your grip gets too weak, but it might be worth a shot.

I heard that my gym might have weightlifting bars and not olympic bars? Could be wrong on source but the ones I use definitely weigh 45. The guy said oly bars are smaller or something.

An axle/fat bar is a lot better if you have small hands. I have relatively small hands for my size and my best overhand axle dead is 315, but the fat grips I've tried are just too awkward to get a good session out of.

Weightlifting bars are Olympic bars. He's chatting shit. The only differences I can see might be 45lbs vs 20kg (44lbs) or a men's bar vs a women's bar (20kg vs 15kg)

The rings positions are also slightly different on 'generic' Olympic-sized bars versus specific weightlifting bars. They usually don't have center knurling either.

Oh all right. They do have center knurling, i probably wouldn't squat if they didn't since
>sweat
But if I am starting to have relatively small hands compared to my forearms should I still commit? Fat gripz look promising.

i love a good forearm

just climb mate

exactly my idea

youtube.com/watch?v=mU42-yFmOWQ