>I count my macro's everyday.
>I exercise every day.
>I listen to good Podcasts everyday.
>I take a cold shower every morning.
>I cook a healthy meal every day.
>I make my bed everyday :')
>I only drink water
>I work on my study every day

Any other self-improvement junkies here on Veeky Forums?
What are some of the things you guys do so we can aspire to keep bettering ourselves more?

Lifting is a great way to build self-discipline and it helped me get into a mindset that's just positively set on becoming better and better. It taught me that excuses are everywhere and most people will indulge in sloth behavior and mediocrity. Getting in shape is relatively easy and one of the most enjoyable and rewarding things to do. People with average bodies disgusts me because average means nothing in this world.
>You've got a job? Good for you but almost everyone has a job.
>You've got a relationship? Well society is designed to provide everyone a partner.
>You've got a place of your own? Your house looks shit and you're in debt.

Society places value on these things while they mean nothing on their own. I don't want a job, a wife or a house. I want a Job I love, I want a 10/10 wife and I want the house of my dreams. That's when I hope I will finally be satisfied.

Share your dreams Veeky Forums and what you're doing to achieve them

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/hobby
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I post on Veeky Forums

You only cool one health meal a day?

You must have a shit physique.

I have no dreams, what do I do now?

I just want a job I like so I don't dread going to bed every night, I feel like I'm not built for the way society works.

Anyone else want to go buy a shit load of gym equipment and make a Veeky Forums settlement with log cabins and grow our own weed?

You do all these because you are probably fat and with no gf and you expect the world to suck your dick because you ' self improved' , but they wont.

I learned a lot from this place. When I first started lifting browsing Veeky Forums taught me what foods to eat, what exercises to do and gym culture.
You guys helped me power through the first months and eventually I got the hang of it. Started to figure out my own routine, food and exercises.
Veeky Forums might have a bad reputation but it's a good place to start. Browsing Veeky Forums is like listening to what a mentor has to say. Someday you will grow out of Veeky Forums just like one day your mentor will not be able to teach you anything new.
There are a great many other sections like /out/, Veeky Forums, /trv/, /pol/ that all have their unique subculture that you can learn from.

you are doing all this just to get laid aren't you
it's not working so you just try harder dont you

>Cold shower meme

hahahahaahahaha

>/pol/
>unique subculture that you can learn from

Subtle troll or cringe.

Good job, bro! Keep it going! Nocardio Piana would be so fucking proud

I can already picture the guy, he is overweight NEET that sits on the pc all day (everything he posted is activities you do at home) , and thinks to himself ' gonna get laid aaaanyday now'

Change weed for broccoli and i'm in

I do Intermittent fasting so yeh, one meal a day.
My physique isn't where I want to be yet. Pic related.

Don't have a gf but dating someone right now.
Don't get laid as often as I'd like, that's exactly the reason I'm trying to improve.
Why are you so spiteful?

>pic related
can take timestamp if you guys ask me.

Isnt it a bit vain to improve yourself just to get more pussy

Because you consider basic stuff people do noteworthy and you are setting yourself for failure. You are also not dating anyone so quit lying.

I suppose it's vain. I didn't actually mean it's the ONLY reason I'm trying to improve. But yes I'm a guy so I'm not gonna lie and be all zealous. getting more puss is one of the reasons.

How am I setting myself up for failure?

>You are also not dating anyone so quit lying.
lol
why does it sound so impossible to you

We can do that too senpai, grow the dankest vegetables around

You sound absolutely insufferable. I hope all this fervent pursuit of whatever pays off for you at some point so you don't look back at all this and think, "fuck, maybe I should've lived a little."

You know you're right. I am setting myself up for failure with these goals.
A good job, a 10/10 wife and the house of my dreams is not realistic.
And you know what, that's fine. There is nothing wrong with aiming high. If I don't get there at least I've been on the road trying to figure out how to get there and might find something that isn't exactly my dream, but something very close that will make me feel satisfied as well. Failure is not a bad thing because it can mean that your standards are higher than your abilities and that's exactly when you grow.

Look I wish I was satisfied with having a mediocre life. I really hope once I get my 30's my brains will wind down a little and let me rest.
But honestly I feel like I'm living when I'm doing these things. On the contrary if I would watch mindless TV I feel more like dying.

What's insufferable about trying to better yourself? I'm not forcing anyone to participate because that's impossible. I want to surround myself with people that have the same mindset naturally.

>I read books everyday.
Gosh. Wow. Big ones too?

The insufferable part doesn't come from trying to better yourself. The insufferable part comes from the things you're doing with the belief that it somehow betters yourself.

For example, a cold shower in the morning. Also, how many times have you read "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius now? eighty? one hundred?

I didn't do any of the rubbish on your list but in no way is my life mediocre, or even close to it. I'm in my 30's now and my mind hasn't wound down, so don't expect it to happen either. If you're this anal retentive now, it's not going to change.

I always dreamt of being an astronaut up in space looking at the earth while out on a spacewalk giving two fingers up saying "Fuck Off".

>tfw I work as a painter with no real education..

haha
no mostly books on ww1

>/pol/

m'kay

How long? Routine ect

You know in a perfect world none of the things I've listed would be noteworthy. But I look around me and I see people doing dogshit with their lives.
I'm not exactly saying I'm making giant steps but I do believe the things I do pave the road.

>cold showers
I enjoy these because they make me feel fresh and they're thought to increase your recovery speed. Pretty much a no-brainer.

I haven't read Marcus Aurelius. Should I?

Cooking healthy meals isn't rubbish, reading books isn't rubbish, exercising isn't rubbish, studying isn't rubbish either.
So what did you do that isn't on my list yet?

I hope that it all works out for you regardless.

Daaamn that's cool

Why do you losers think these little micro habits are important/true self improvement?

And yes we know you're a loser because you think "reading" everyday is something commendable; which is only true for the lower-middle class and idiots enrolled in cheap degree/diploma mill programmes.

the only thing you can learn from /pol/ is how not to be, in every which way

>10/10 wife
>ambiguous house of dreams

these arent real goals, these are goals you can change the definition of when you puss out.

you want real goals, choose something like: have a 3 mil house paid off and a summer home/winter home in x location.
A wife that has body fat below: x and has a job that pays x. her education level is: x. no prior kids.

tl;dr get off easy mode faggot

>I haven't read Aurelius

This MOTHERFUCKER. Confirmed for troll thread, shut it down.

Your autism is getting out of control

Lol at all these neckbeards on here who couldn't up and do half of these routines for longer than a day or two.

>harr hurrr nice cold showers nerd11!! Grub grub **flicks Cheetos off of protruding stomach like that guy from the South Park WoW episode**

ad hominem, weakest response possible

Actually you're right. I know the more you visualize and better define your goals the better it is because then it stops being ambiguous. I actually do have a pretty clear Idea of my dreamjob, dreamwife and dreamhouse but I don't think it would serve to eleborate on Veeky Forums. But you're right I probably should crystalize these goals even more.

Reading Infantry Attacks, too. Rommel dies at the end

If you need to call other people names in order to feel better about performing such trivial tasks and considering it to be god's work...................

a lot of those types on the 'ch0n, breh

Self improvement means nothing without success, happy for you that you have what it takes but in the end you are neet virgin who lives with his parents

>cold shower
nice meme

But good for you for at least doing something with yourself, already better than a lot of people

Nice man. What do you think of it and more importantly, Why are you reading it?
Good spoiler haha.

>I count my macro's everyday.
I cook and eat the same stuff everyday, I no longer bother counting it.

you sound boring and one dimensional. "i do all these things i am so great"

>>Well society is designed to provide everyone a partner.
Its not that simple, people are gonna partner up weather society wants it or not, its a part about being human. People partner up with partners that are somewhat equal to them in terms of beauty, intelligence, personality, income and so on.

>Society places value on these things while they mean nothing on their own.
Really? There is no value in having a mate with good genetics? That has good skills and competence for doing well in life? There is no value in having material goods that helps you live safely and healthy?

>I want a Job I love, I want a 10/10 wife and I want the house of my dreams
But thats what everyone wants fucktard.

You write how everyone is controlled by society to want shit then you say but not you then you say you want the same shit as everyone else.

You are a narcissistic dweeb and all that personal development shit is not gonna hide your ugly personality. You are probably a loner to

I do everything on this faggot's list except podcast and I don't consider fucking making my bed to be self-improvement. If I dedicate time to self-improvement it's explicit goals like learning a new skill not directly related to my profession (and getting certification for it if relevant) or language etc.

This petty memeshit OP is doing makes zero difference long term, anyone that thinks that it does is not a functioning human being and better off having the same habits as the people they're trying to look down on to avoid future dissappointment.

>I make my bed everyday

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>Self improvement means nothing without success
Self-discipline, furthering knowledge and a healthy lifestyle are all independent from success yet they improve quality of life which is something rather than nothing.

kekerito

okay, write them down. even if its on the internet. its not like well ever know who u are man.
also, now im curious

Okay, I think you are autistic because you sound like you think other people choose their wives by the perimeters of bodyfat or jobs by flat income or houses by how expensive it is.

I don't see any "I talk to my friends everyday" on that lift

I can attest to this, browsing Veeky Forums also made me more keen on studying math on my own and is maybe one of the reasons I'm at the top of my class

What's that?

Can't force Veeky Forums to believe me but for the sake of the this thread I'll put it out there so you guys have some reference.
Studying 3DCGI, currently in my 3rd year. Finished making a 3D shortfilm which I may be proud about but I'm feeling pretty meh.
Lost my virginity at 18 to a 6/10? girl that was into me, just went with the flow.
Used to be employed at a massage salon and really enjoyed the work but pay was low and was taking a lot of my energy so I quit to spend more time on exercising and 3D.
Actually moving back in with my parents after living on myself for 3 years so I can safe more money.

>Someday you will grow out of Veeky Forums just like one day your mentor will not be able to teach you anything new.

Wrong desu, you stay here forever, since Veeky Forums is a Mirror of Society, we will never run out of Informations.
Even if Veeky Forums get shut down, there will be other Imageboards.

Hahahaha fucking called it lads

the dude literally said 10/10 wife and dream house.
i wasnt saying he needed to pick a wife based on bodyfat %, it was an example of real, clear goals rather than something he can change the definition of later.
forest for the trees man

You sound like a narcissistic little scumbag desu... you stare down your nose at the rest of the world, but nowhere on your shitlist have you mentioned that you actually bother to contribute to society or even help those less fortunate than yourself in any way at all.

I bet even your own family hates you.

What a bucket of crabs. Keep doing you OP, I believe in you.

do you post on the 'ch0n everyday?

While I agree he shouldn't pussy out and change his goals midway, there is really no objective way of evaluating anything he listed there," One mans feast, others poison" kind of thing. So trying to set objective goals about those is plain stupid.

How do you maintain the discipline to study? Creative blocks (I study art) really make me procrastinate or stop studying. I also get distracted by internet, books, my pens, etc.

We all know it's you OP... don't go out like this. Not cool esse.

i strongly disagree, but youre entitled to not agree

It's myfitdiary my friend. No one tries to be me.

Just picture that you will have to move in with your parents if you can't graduate, works for me. But you probably will have to move with your parents anyway.

pomodoro method. 5mins on the 'ch0n/25mins work. after the 5th lot of work, I browse the ch0n for 30mins

You sound like a basic bro lifting for 6months. Welcome.

I don't think I'm great. That's the point! If I was satisfied with myself I wouldn't try to improve. I think everyone is a sack of shit by default and I'm basically trying to keep my head above the water.

You're misunderstanding me. People place value on HAVING a girlfriend instead of what kind of girlfriend you have.
Some of my friends settled for a lousy 5/10 and constantly remind me that they're in a relationship and how great it is. They're not telling me how great their partner is because there is nothing great about them, they just love the idea of having a relationship.
Same with jobs, same with houses. Been there, done that. Now it's time to find a gf that's actually really something.

haha. Put it in the list as self-mockery.

Because I don't talk to my friends everyday and I don't want to. I have only a couple of friends worthy discussing these things with and they don't have time everyday to chat because they're busy living their lives. That's exactly the reason why they're the friends I want.

I'm aiming to be an entrepreneur in the 3D commercial sector. Gonna have a small company with a good friend who's also interested in 3D. Have a small office that we will occupy from 08:30 till 17:30 and make as much money as we literally can while staying sane. Eventually get a couple internships to take some pressure off. Endgoal is to reach a expand into a larger company so I can sit back and manage the people doing the basic 3D stuff for me.

Wife should be into fitness and have hobbies of her own like reading/horseriding/cooking. Preferably making more money than I do. Black hair, blue eyes and around 20% bodyfat. Has to look good in a bathing suit.

House should be very light with a lot of glass because I like light surroundings. groundfloor only with a kitchen that supports my cooking escapades. Comfortable shower. 2 person bed and a room for homecinema that can be completely darkened with surround sound.

woooooooo! learning how to learn yeah?

2000 words limit but I could elaborate. Stuff like floor-heating.

that's the one, breh

READING IS NOT A FUCKING HOBBY CHRIST

>Put it in the list as self-mockery
Literally everything on your list is in the same tier.

>READING IS NOT A FUCKING HOBBY CHRIST
How so?

(im the person who asked you to define the goals)
so, as a person who has made money, and was left unsatisfied, why is the end goal money rather than creating something new? like having a legacy- sure money gives you opportunities, but it can be very limiting... especially when u start becoming worried about losing it

Moving out is the problem here famalam

What perfect place where the standards are so high where you live in that everyone around you does these things?
I'm genuinely curious, maybe I'm just living in a shit place and comparing myself to the wrong people.

Tbh, you sound like a bit of a salty cunt, m8. OP's obsessivness is at worst a little amusing, but with the caveat that we all know he's doing it right.

Consider the historical expository books you're reading. The only difference between doing that and watching a documentary on it (here's hoping you don't consider watching TV a hobby too) is that for more intelligent individuals reading allows you to absorb the information at a quicker pace.

Given that you believe "reading" is something exceptional you are probably better off watching the documentary.

>I want a Job I love, I want a 10/10 wife and I want the house of my dreams. That's when I hope I will finally be satisfied.

Imagine that you were now handed these things; say, a genie pops out from the squat rack and gives you all of the above.

According to you, you are now satisfied. What now?

>I will improve myself more

So, are you saying that you didn't know what you wanted to begin with? Didn't you just get the life you always dreamed about? Is it still unsatisfactory?

Suppose you lose all you gained, by some quirk of fate. Your health deteriorates, your wife leaves you and takes half, you get fired. None of us are impervious to the arbitrary will of Nature and this can happen to you.

>No! I'll give fuck all and get back to work.

Suppose that you could acquire all that you want in one stroke, but you would have to do something morally reprehensible to get it. Would you do it? If you are the improved man you want to be, you won't.

Entertain now the possibility that your happiness is not dependent on what you have; be it an average job, wife or aesthetics. Rather it is up to the value you give the things that you have.

Sure enough it's possible to covet luxury and success, while pretending not to and distracting yourself by indulging in sloth behavior instead. You might even say that this is prevalent in society. You should not make the mistake of believing that doing well in such a sick society is a sign of greatness.

Do what you will with your life. Having success is not a bad thing. Neither is not having. Being average, likewise, is not inherently a sign of a weakness. After all, wherever you have two people, one will be below average.

Just be sure that you can always look in the mirror and be 'mirin.

I see where you're going and I can't really answer that question yet. I'm a person that really values his independence and having money will allow me to be free. I don't really value things I've done in the past so that stops me from believing in creating a legacy, because the moment I'm done with it I start to see the flaws in my creation.
This goes for 3D, this goes for my body and for my thoughts.

specially if you're into the more laconic style Rommel wrote in.
Aside from a general interest in military history, the book does an excellent job of catolouging the development of critical problem solving skills and the underlying logical concepts behind them. You get a relatively concise passage of events, with some experiential/personal stuff mixed in, then at the end of each chapter he has an "observations" section that analyzes what had happened earlier. More importantly, proposes solutions for all the problems identified from the analysis and eventually starts utilizing situations with new and more effective methods.
Practical problem solving, in my opinion, is the most important personal characteristic one can try to improve and helps you in literally every aspect of life. So books like this, particularily by military strategists, give a lot of insight into a variety of useful habits to develop. The book also has a lot of interesting and contemporarily underused vocabulary, which is cool to hear and learn about. Like, when's the last time you head someone drop a fucking "bivouacked" casually into a sentence.

May seem like a weird relation, but I enjoy the Jack Reacher book series by Lee Child for similar reasons. Would highly recommend giving that series a go if its your thing, main character is a major hardass.

Woops, wrong reply.

Good read, especially if you're into the more laconic style Rommel wrote in.
Aside from a general interest in military history, the book does an excellent job of catolouging the development of critical problem solving skills and the underlying logical concepts behind them. You get a relatively concise passage of events, with some experiential/personal stuff mixed in, then at the end of each chapter he has an "observations" section that analyzes what had happened earlier. More importantly, proposes solutions for all the problems identified from the analysis and eventually starts utilizing situations with new and more effective methods.
Practical problem solving, in my opinion, is the most important personal characteristic one can try to improve and helps you in literally every aspect of life. So books like this, particularily by military strategists, give a lot of insight into a variety of useful habits to develop. The book also has a lot of interesting and contemporarily underused vocabulary, which is cool to hear and learn about. Like, when's the last time you head someone drop a fucking "bivouacked" casually into a sentence.

May seem like a weird relation, but I enjoy the Jack Reacher book series by Lee Child for similar reasons. Would highly recommend giving that series a go if its your thing, main character is a major hardass.

ah, freedom. Well, i can relate to that. Just keep this in mind once you attain the finances. There is more.

I am not OP.
dictionary.com/browse/hobby
So, yeah reading and even watching TV is a hobby

OP sounds like a crossfitter and a vegan combined

Thirld world country. My social circles are mostly academic (chemE), but also contains law, MD students/proffesionals. Most young people who don't lift at leasr do sports, cardio etc., but you know the point of my posts is that even the ones that don't maintain healthy habits (most people in fact break them in order to meet real goals/deadlines) are far more successful than OP yet he will still try to look down on them for eating fast food regulary instead of obsessively cooking healthy meals and other arbitrary meme habits that detract focus from real long term goals.

t. graduate of stoa platitudes school

words of wisdom
The people on this somalia coffee bean trading board are passionate about their topic, let it be Veeky Forumsness, Veeky Forumsence or vidya. There are faggots and shitposting, but there is also great inspiration.

Can you recommend any podcasts?

What a nonsensical thread.

Read The Deluge by Adam Tooze user

It's great.

But both of those just convey the information of the activity, they are not the activity in itself. The activity is ex. studying WWI history or recreation through vampire fanfic. These two examples are not the same hobby.

Anyone here read gorilla mindset? any good?

Really enjoyed ArtofManliness and Dan Carlin in the past and now I'm looking for smaller gems because I keep hearing basically the same self-help advice everywhere.
Actually run a FB page called Daily Podcast that shares one handpicked podcast I enjoyed daily.

OP here.
Heard about it in a Podcast from Mike Cernovich literally today. Think the book has basic advice on how to get your masculine mindset back but I'm not sure.

>back to food and fitness
I actually dived into micronutrients after reading about Soylent and figured I could do that stuff myself.
Made this list of food that will fulfill ALMOST all your nutritional values based on common healthsector findings.

Thanks, next on my buy list.

>>You've got a job? Good for you but almost everyone has a job.
>>You've got a relationship? Well society is designed to provide everyone a partner.
>>You've got a place of your own? Your house looks shit and you're in debt.

cringed