QTDDTOT

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Does anyone have any videos of people following a certain routine for like 3 months and showing the results?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118194401
youtube.com/watch?v=yWRkBH_q_Ag
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are some good intermediate 2-3 day routines? I won't have that much time the following months due to ball and uni. My goal is to maintain strength levels.

Can you guys help me decipher this? I looked a bit on Google but the ranges confused with inconsistency, also what's with the specimen drawn thing? What's the difference between value and range?

How dumb would this full body split be (week 1 ABA week 2 BAB)

A:
Bench 3x5
Incline Bench 3x8
Rows 5x5
Squats 5x5
Dumbell Curls 3x12
Bodyweight dips to failure

B:
OHP 3x5
Lat Raises 3x12
Lat Pull-downs 5x5
Deadlifts 3x5
Shrugs 3x12
Bodyweight chinups to failure

(note that I have been lifting for 7 months and feel able to handle the volume)

~ how much mascle muss is possible to be gained with a clean bulk diet in a 6 months period?

Is it possible to create a diet on weekly basis and not daily ?
AKA, calculating the calories/Macros needed to be consumed in a week(while being aware the daytime needed for each meal for maximum gains).
Trying to balance meals and split them properly between days(not 10 meals day 1 and 2 meals day 2). So , can that work?

Thoughts on this routine I came up with?

Mon:

Press/Bench 3 x 5
Chins 2 x 6 - 8
Squats 3 x 5

Wednesday:

Bench/Press 3 x 5
Curl 2 x 10 - 15
Deadlife 1 x 5

Friday:

Press/Bench 3 x 5
Chins 6 - 8
Squats 3 x 5

Thinking about adding some Tricep work

Doing stripped SS been adding to it, here's what I have so far. (Not including 3 warm up progression sets), greentext is added

A
Deadlift 3x5
Rows 3x5
OHP 3x5
>Hammer Curls 3x8
>Planks 3x1:45

B
Squats 3x5
Bench 3x5
Chin ups 3 to fail (usually 9-10, 4-5, 1-2)
>Bicep Curls 3x8
>Planks 3x1:45

Is it too much planking, can I add a different kind of plank to B or something?

Has anyone here tried German Volume Training? Is it a good program? Did it work for you?

If you're on drugs it's amazing. Avoid otherwise

Is SS a meme, can I skip it and go straight to PPL. Been lifting for 3 months.

I finally got my bud into the three big lifts
however, we go to some shitty commercial gym that has no squat rack/cage whatsoever
the two only options are to use the one smith machine we have or squat the barbell off a bench
what should we choose and why?
>inb4 change gyms
sadly not an option, it's the only affordable thing around

Would it be good to lift while I'm cutting or should I just focus on losing weight and fixing up my diet first?

help fit a gril is coming over for a movie from another town over, i think she wants the D but not sure, im an autism

whats a good movie for the dicking and how do i not autism?
she arrives in 15 minutes, i will chek thred while pretending to poop

Excercise and high reps with low weight (~70% of ur maximum) can actually help burn a few more calories if ure in a hurry, or if u dont wanna eat very few.
Also, helps keep your muscles toned and hydraded (aka swollen).

im a golden god

Get a movie fro mthe Bourne Series. Especially the one he travels with a girl (Bourne Identity it's the name). They end up together while its an action movie so it would be a surprise for her.
Also just be cool and try not to talk a lot during the movie. If you find a good pun to throw do it but think a lot (u have like 3 seconds before it becomes irrelevant so be sharp).
Ask her a lot about her day and stuff and if she wanna eat and shiet. Also sit close to her not 10km away.
Another thing: DONT GO TO POOP WHILE TEHRE IS A GIRL VISITING U FROM ANOTHER TOWN. MAN THATS REALLY AUTISTIC.
If you see a chance when movie is ending/over go for a kiss. Not earlier coz otherwise (if she not interested) shits gonna be awkward and u gonna sweat.

GL BRO U GONNA MAKE IT.

Update kinda

In other units I've converted it to:
>19.6n mol/L
>6.16 ng/ml
>616 ng/dl
It's all the same thing but different sites use different unit, still finding inconsistency into what I should be at being 24. I'm seeing a range of about 300 (low) and 900 (high)
Does that mean I'm average and fine at 616 or should I be aiming for the highest possible?

Also still the specimen drawn is still confusing me, what does 1045 h mean?

Am I low test guys?

>20yrs
>210lb
>6 foot 2 inches

I want to lose as much weight as possible between now and late December within reason, to then continue with consistency after. (something that's acceptable for my height/age etc)
Any general recommendations? I ask as I don't think I particularly have an unhealthy diet seeing as I never have sodas, rarely do I have alcohol and I avoid processed food as much as possible. For example my lunch might consist of buckwheat, mushrooms, spinach and peppers. My tea will be different to this but again, nothing processed and in moderate quantity I feel. Just to add to that, I don't have bread.

I'm not one to fall for gimmicks but I've heard that things like slimfast can yield some success when used "appropriately" - for breakfast/lunch followed by a typical dinner. Is this just a meme?

I aim for December as I think it's a good milestone, as well as this. I'm going on holiday so it'd be nice to improve as much as possible then.

So my friend is fat and can't do one pushup. What are some exercises he can start doing to build arm strength?

>Any general recommendations?
weighting myself every morning + spreadsheet masterrace reporting in

Yes

pussy pushups with knees touching flor
or pushups against desk/bed/...

By how much? What source are you going off?

PSMF for a month or two.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118194401

How many people here started to get Veeky Forums after some personal loss / breakup? Working out fills the time since my ex went but without some sort of actual goal I feel unmotivated and I'm definitely not doing the best I can.

How do you guys do it?

It's been so long since I had friends over and drank and ate pizza and played SS13 ;-;

I've been fixing my diet over the last 6 months and have quit a shit load of stuff.
>Quit smoking
>Quit fastfood
>Quit diet soda
>Quit quick and easy food
>Started buying vegetables
>Started buying fruit
>Started eating it

Already noticed a massive improvement in general attitude and have lost a little weight. I've started a new job which is hard enough to chug water every half an hour and be in a constant sweat, mostly from the enviroment but some from the work as it is lifting and moving steel parts, not heavy but constant movement.

the shift is 4:00pm and goes to 12 midnight but often goes past until 2am or 3am with Fridays being the latest day of the week, always late finish.

I want to fit in a workout somewhere, I'm looking at Stronglifts 5x5. When would be the best time to do it without fatiging myself for the long shift and runining my sleep?

Also, any vitamins or supplements to take with aiding fat-loss and increasing energy? Heard caffine pills do the job.

>Pic related, what I want to lift for.

ss

I'm doing a 3x5 AxBxAxBx... program and progressing well

at the end of the day, what's the difference between a 3x5 & 5x5 program?

>inb4 hurrdurr 2 sets tardo

I know there's a 2 set difference ... I mean the benefits/cons against each other since both seem to be so popular

I'm super skelly.

I met an old relative a few years back, she's probably over 80, the very first thing she did was feel my non existent muscles then walk off. I was completely shamed but did nothing. An old gf did the same thing. My most recent relationship I started towards it's end and in all honesty it probably contributed to it's end because I was focusing more on diet and exercise than time with her, I wasn't sad about this at all though.

I also work in construction and I'm tired of looking like a fucking runt to every one.

tl;dr
Overwhelming sense of shame being weak.

Not this guy but I want to add in difference of 3x5, 5x5 and 3x8

Anyone have a stream for weightlifting?

I'm
and hadn't thought of 3x8 - definitely curious especially if one is better for cutting vs. bulking vs. re-comp, etc.

Could it be a good idea to do scapular pushups, and possibly external rotations daily?
Running a GSLP program right now.

How do I make greek yoghurt taste good?

Tried to eat it with a mix of nuts and seeds but it still sucked, do I need to add fruit?

Don't buy the gross plain stuff?
Add it to some oats or cereal.

Can't do 1 pushup? Get fucked mate. Tell him to do 10 as the bare minimum. It's all in his mind.

put sugar in it

or just fucking get used to it. hedonic treadmill says it'll take a month.

I use fruit but I still hate the texture.

Where can I find a cheap resistance band or two for Facepulls?

How to do stomach vacuums correctly?
Should I breathe while doing them or hold my breath?

What are the best lifters to watch for perfect form?

I'm so tired of watching how to videos

Disney movies. Thank me later. I could go into why they work well, but just trust me.

Been lifting for 2 months

Started Bench at 85lb, bar+20lb each side
Currently at Bar+25lb each side, can barely make it 5x5

What am I doing wrong? I am making literally zero fucking progress on bench, every other lift I am making progress equivalent to my 500kcal cut

Used to do competitive bike racing when I was younger, never did any upperbody strength, and was obese. Assuming this combination along with low T levels have left me in this sorry state, but it is getting embarassing.

I know that lifting whilst on a cut is going to be slow going, but once you've been obese it's hard to eat to gain weight, because I would rather be skinny and weak than fat

Raspberries or blueberries and honey or maple syrup.

Isn't Disney stuff more geared to towards making her a gf?

How do you get a nice tan on your chest. Never tanned when I was younger and now I just burn. Also when I've recovered I'm just really white and get some looks when I take my shirt off.

You want her to be your girlfriend for a night, don't you? As long as she's seen the movie before it's fine.

>You want her to be your girlfriend for a night
Possible leading on which leads to other avoidable problems, just my take on it.

Not the guy you were orignially replying too

Can someone post an attainable natty body using 1/2/3/4 bodybuilding? Thanks

elitefts, wait for a sale

depends on what you're trying to do. Also need to be aware that their good form may look different than yours if your segment lengths are different from theirs. Filming your own sets is always useful.
This and the rest of the series don't feature anyone special and include a bit of coaching, but are useful regardless (and show a wide variety of anthropometry.). youtube.com/watch?v=yWRkBH_q_Ag

>competitive bike racing
>was obese
does not compute

Anyway, probably started too heavy and need to fix your form.

What are good work:rest ratios for HIIT? I usually do 2:1 but was wondering if I could make it more effective for fat loss.

Using a heavy bag if that matters.

I got blunt trauma to my dick playing football as a kid, it's crooked and I rarely get full erections.

Is this a valid reason to kill yourself? I haven't been to a urologist due to embarrasment. I had sex once and only got a semi boner, haven't dared any other time despite possibilties of doing so.

This hangs over me like a fucking demon, Veeky Forums. I have never told anyone about this, and I've been suicidal the last 2-3 years due to this shit.

>How do you get a nice tan on your chest.
Go outside without a shirt on. Wear sunblock though skin cancer ain't no joke.

I'd go 1:5-1:7. If you can do 2:1 it's not really HIIT. Heavy bag may not be good, depending on how technically skilled you are. Airdyne and Prowler are best.

>I haven't been to a urologist due to embarrasment
Well, there's your problem. They're urologists, it's their job to look at fucked-up dicks.

It's hard, god knows it can be hard, but go to your urologist or sexual health clinic.
When my ex and I started our relationship she suggested we mutually go and take a full STI panel and let each other pick up the results. It was hard and scary, despite knowing I was clean, but it was great to do in hindsight. It became a common place to go for us (she had some other issues not dissimilar to yours, and also for implanted birth control).

Throughout it all, the staff were this amazing blend of professional but personal. Not once did I ever feel judged, or in the spotlight, or awkward like I was some sort of dirty sexually broken scum. Everyone there was just like me and you, both patients and staff alike, and the process was (bar a blood sample) painless.

Just get down there and do it. They'll see you right and you'll feel like a new man.

I haven't counted my daily nutritional intake in like three years and I'd like to get back into it as I'm failing my lifts 'cause I'm definitely not getting enough protein. What app is the best nowadays?

Even if I've reached my 1/2/3/4 already? Linear progression kinda stalled. I'm planning to play basketball 2-3 days a week, so that might become kinda difficult.

How many days a week do you have to lift on a cut?

Just started using bulk up! Seems aight so far.

>god knows it can be hard
It can't, though, that's the problem.

Which is better:

>be 123 kcals under your goal of 1800 for the day

>eat a small chocolate bar to be just 13 kcals under

Not available on Android, but thanks for replying.

The latter.
Though I have a hard time believing the chocolate bar is that low calorie.

Not him but you can get them in the UK at least. They're shit though.

I was off by 10 calories.

I also have one that's 95kcals.

Where the FUCK are your deadlifts?

>first thing on the list

Forgot to say, I'm on a perma cut.

NEVERMIND BOYS.

Realised I hadn't hit my protein macro for the day, so I just mixed some unflavoured protons with some water.

First time I've done that - it was vile.

Anybody?

Alright, I'm calling the doc first thing tomorrow. If it's unfixable I'll off myself. I don't know what to tell friends and family though, 'sorry but i had a limp dick'

Is ok to do cardio the same day as lifting? I'm starting SL M/W/F, should I run (5ks) on the same or alternative days?

I started lifting not too long ago and I've made some improvements with the weight I'm lifting, but I got stagnant and I struggle a lot when I add any more weight.
I'm considering doing another routine that uses less machines, but the instructor said that I should try cutting before I try lifting heavier weights.

How do I go around that? My objective is to gain more muscle mass, but should I continue with the new routine and heavier weights while I have a more lean diet? Will that be enough or I may have some issues while lifting heavier?

That feeling you have for like 5-10 minutes after cumming. You know what I'm talking about.

How do I feel like that normally?

former skelly here, been bulking pretty hard. currently 172 lbs 6'1
Do I continue bulking, or should I cut away some fat first?

I really want to get strong and big, but I don't want to get fat

How the fuck do I count my calories?

Is semi-intense indoor rock climbing on rest days too much for a natty?

Anyone have thoughts on substituting weighted dips for bench in SS? Good idea or bad idea?

There are phone apps for that

Dips are a better exercise than bench in general but do whatever you want. They're pretty similar.

I downloaded one.
But there's no barcode on a chicken breast to scan.

Some of them have a search function where you can put the food's name and it'll give you an average calorie value depending on its weight

Can you recommend one? Would same me some time.

Should I bulk or cut?

Im 75kg at 5'10"

Been lifting 1 year, estimated ro be 17-19% bf

Throw some front squats on qoekout B and do AXBX repeat.

Switch the bench on Wednesdays for OHP

Fitnesspal

Wolframalpha

Thanks, famalamadindongbro.

bulk until next january at 500-1000kcal over maintenance (only go to 1000 if you are a serious gym goer, like 6 days a week)

>only go to 1000 if you are a serious gym goer, like 6 days a week
Different person here, semi related, I work 8-10 hours/day in construction, plus gym time, should I consider myself a serious gym goer in respect to calories?

I'm breaking a sweat majority of the day

Omar Isuf claims that you should do the maximum number of exercises/sets that you can without affecting recovery. There any merit to this? Seems like most classic bodybuilders would train in 3 super long sessions a week.

No, aim for a 300 calorie surplus always. Your body can put on a max on a half lb a week of lbm under ideal conditions. Going to the gym more will not change this number. If you go to a 1000 calorie surplus you will gain more fat than you will muscle, and as a result you will have to spend a lot more time cutting than you would normally have to. I understand that people are impatient but you'd be fucking yourself over.

have you calorie counted for a day and worked out your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)? a labour intensive job will add a lot to your TDEE on top of gym time, so I think you should account for it, esp. if you're breaking a sweat

Just read the sticky.
So, if I:
>switch carb-rich foods to protein-rich foods
>jog every morning
>go to gym three times a week and do SS
>get eight hours of sleep every night
>reduce my weekly alcohol intake
and
>masturbate only on weekends
I can expect noticeable fat loss and some muscle gain by next year?

How do I fix a gigantic imbalance in my spinal erectors? My whole back actually pretty much has this issue and it's made it really hard to maintain consistent form on my squats and reads with any real weight.

pls guys

Most likely, but the only way to guarantee it is to track your caloric intake.

the higher your surplus, the more prone to fuckups, but there was little to work with in terms of 's post. he could be an olympic swimmer or working in a mine 18 hrs a day, or he could be an office slave, who knows. I prescribed a range of surpluses that would account for any kind of job

I count my intake of calories but how do I figure out how many I burn working? Some days it's a lot of standing around or sweeping, generally easy labor. Others I'm moving material/wearing a tool belt and climbing/moving 12ft ladders all day.

I found sites where it breaks down all the activities you can do in construction It's just so diverse in what I do.