Who 'got no idea what to do with life' tier here?

>apply to an engineering course for a college so I can get into a decent uni with a good degree
>send application too late because i'm a dumb fuck who likes to goof off and the course is no longer available on the website
>email the college today in hopes there's some spare places left over or someway to work things out
>tfw might have to wait a whole year to do the course but the tuition fees will be x59 more due to my age making it not worth it
>broke up with ex recently over a dumb argument and she refuses to work things out or even talk to me
>depressed but slowly moving on I guess, slowly
>will be going to a party this week, just hope I can score with some girl to help get over ex

My life was going great until about 2 months ago. At least I have the iron, r-right?

Honestly been considering getting a full time job, saving up cash, then going backpacking in south-east asia in spring if I don't get offered a place, while my friends are off having fun in uni.

>Honestly been considering getting a full time job, saving up cash, then going backpacking in south-east asia in spring
sounds fucking awesome. If i only had the balls and dedication to do that

>Graduated a year ago, now have software engineering job making plenty of money, comfy, can do whatever I want
>I enjoy it but it's not really my passion
>Have several friends still trying to find a job that makes them truly happy
>I'm in a better place but still jealous that they're at least passionate about something
>tfw success is an abstract feel

Do you even like engineering man? Not that you should major in bullshit just because it's easy or you like it, but you might not be cut out to be an engineer. If you couldn't even apply on time, you're probably not dedicated/smart enough.

Take a year to develop some skills. My friend dropped out of college and builds truck washes and makes more money than me. He knows how to weld. You can work as an apprentice for a year - electrician, welder, plumber, whatever. Or you can work for a year - post on craigslist and knock on doors - powerwashing, lawn care, gutter cleaning - this stuff makes good money.

>Do you even like engineering man?
no idea my man, I find it interesting, electrical in particular. Engineering seems to be the only degree worth while, so I naturally opted to go down that career path, but I always leave things last minute.

A skill to improve I suppose. I'm in the UK so trade jobs aren't as big here but you can find apprenticeships.

>Fell for the 'Any degree' meme & spent uni suicidally depressed so didn't do anything except play dota and lift
>Graduated this year with a 2:1 in German & Italian from a Top UK uni
>No work xp aside from 4 months of admin in a bank

Gonna try and get on a grad scheme or some shit this autumn if I don't it's helium tank time

ignoring real life is fun until you can't any more tbqh

This tbqh

I got a full time job straight outta high school, didn't bother with college cause I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do and didn't want to waste the money.
>Kept getting promotions
>Apprenticed as a butcher for 8 months
>Became a department manager less than a year later
>Started out at 50k a year
>tfw all my friends graduated college with useless degrees, couldn't get jobs, and have no job experience on top of massive college debt.

College ain't everything, mang. Jobs suck alot less when you like them.

>Going to graduate this spring with a degree in education
>I actually really hate teaching
>Just going to teach guitar lessons until I die probably
>Still a 23 year old undergrad

I'm with you bro.

>next semester is gonna 4th time i switch majors
honestly think i should just kill myself at this point. Atleast i'll get my 4pl8s squat next month

>move abroad because can't afford tuition in america
>immediately get a job to support myself, financial independence leads me to getting fit as well
>enroll in uni since that's why I came here
>way behind everyone else who just graduated high school
>sick of being poor, miss home, unsure if I should buckle down and try first year again or drop out
>at least I'm fit and have my first serious relationship

Keep going bro I believe in you

Where abroad did you go?

i can't be more specific than a non-english speaking european country

>tfw life plans dependent on getting accepted for this masters, applying around christmas
>literally no idea what ill do with myself if i dont get it
>people think i have my life in order because im applying for a masters
>will probably not get it, go on a bender and fuck myself for next years exams
top kekerino

bump

So any european country?

so one of the good ones

Why?

After high school I stopped lifting and decided to try to go pro in LoL. After a few months that dream died but here I am sitting at home NEET for the past 3 years. I recently started lifting and I'm going to enroll in school next year but I'm still pissed off at how much of a lazy fuck I've been for the past few years. It actually provides a decent amount of motivation.

the thing with trade jobs are they are easy (not much education) and guarantee money and work till you 60+, everyone i know doing a trade is earning decent amount at 18 and saving for holidays with friends. While I'm doing at least 3 years at uni before I get a job in my subject

> >tfw might have to wait a whole year to do the course but the tuition fees will be x59 more due to my age making it not worth it

Wait, are you whining because you'll be "so old" at ONE YEAR LATER THAN NORMAL?

Jesus Fucking Christ, get over yourself. Stop being such a bitchy baby. Get your shit together, do some work, go travel for a bit, then apply to university again.

Jesus Christ, I honestly can't fathom what a bunch of fucking quitters you guys are on this board. "Boo fucking hoo one little thing happened that might delay my young life by ONE WHOLE YEAR! OMG my life is over!!!"

Fucking little bitch.

how do you mean you are way behind?

I'm guessing Germany btw

He was talking about the cost of the tuition you retard

bump

>He was talking about the cost of the tuition you retard

In the apparent context of:

>tfw might have to wait a whole year to do the course but the tuition fees will be x59 more due to my age making it not worth it

So, yeah, waiting a year is going to just ruin his life. Boohoo.

OP here. Waiting a year sucks and all but it's more the tuition fees which bother me. it went from £150 to £8700. I may be able to work out a bursary to significantly reduce these fees due my low house hold income. I should expect a phone call from them anytime this week so I'll see what happens.

Either way I do acknowledge that there are people in worse situations and i'm being a bitch.

>mfw you actually do it and you dont talk to anybody or share any experiences with someone and it feels like you just went outside for a really long time

>house hold
>anytime

Are you a paki?

no lol, I just woke up

relax bro, I went to UCSD and I was 25 when I graduated. don't compare yourself to the guy who graduated when he was 21. you'll be alright so long as you work hard.

listen mate, I'm 25 and i just graduated from uni with a degree in political science. I was economics, but i failed out of it because of the math. almost got kicked out the the school. graduated, now i have a job that i like at a commercial real estate firm. as far as getting all your courses, ive been there and done that and the one piece of advice I can give you is be persistent. ive been given things (classes or spots) I didnt deserve or wasn't in the position to receive because i showed up and had a face to face conversation with someone. showing enthusiasm goes a long way. as far as working to save up cash, that sounds nice and all, but getting a degree sets you miles apart from the competition and instantly puts you on another level in terms of jobs and even life. i suggest you get into uni, live the uni life, study hard, gym, eat well, rest well, and enjoy college while you're there. i just graduated and i miss it already. you're going to make it, just keep grinding away.

>don't compare yourself to the guy who graduated when he was 21

I find myself doing this constantly

I know whay you mean user,I left school 2 years ago and have only recently decided to go to uni to study history and economics. Before this I was just a guy with a shitty retail job who had no friends and lived with his parents. But I am not even sure I can get in to uni.

>tfw really really want to a history teacher, a lawyer, an urban planner, or architect
>as in these things are my passions
>have only ever done grunt handyman work all my life and signing up for classes tomorrow
Shit I hope I don't fuck it up

>language
>degree

>went to community college for 3 years
>transfer to a 4 year school
>starting second year at new school
>was a part time student for a long time and now I'm doing full time
>I keep on switching majors
>went from a Marketing major to an Accounting major
>hate accounting now
>just want to switch to business admin
>afraid I won't be able to find a job with that degree

Almost all the people I went to high school with are done with school and are now working in good paying jobs.

I just feel so fucking lost in life. I 22 and I still have no clue what to do. I'm also losing my motivation to do anything about it. School stars in a few fews and I'm trying to get myself ready, but I feel like I'm going to fuck up and fail amm my classes.

To make thing worse my circle of friends keeps on getting smaller and I'm still a no gf virgin. I think the loneliness is getting to me.

I feel like I am going full r9k mode.