Does Veeky Forums use Veeky Forums technology? I've been thinking about picking up pic related...

Does Veeky Forums use Veeky Forums technology? I've been thinking about picking up pic related, they seem like a cool way to keep track of your stats.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only ever see fat people that don't work out wear them...

These seem like the kind of things that I'd pay 200$ for, use for a week, and never use again.

your mind is the best computer.
train it, rather than waste money

Or hot sorority girls that don't work out. Or middle aged moms that don't work out. Basically I've never seen a physically active person use one of these.

I have a Garmin one. I like it for the heartbeat and steps. Also adds calories to MFP if I'm so inclined after a workout.
GPS features are nice. Gives exact elevation, distance, and a map if your running route. There are HB graphs that show what your heartbeat is and when on your route.

Great if you're a runner. Worthless if you run or do things only at the gym.

I've been rocking Apple Watch. It's seems to be real accurate as long as you start the workout app. The new version of the software is coming this fall and will bring with it tons of improvements to speed and useful features mostly related to fitness. If you're in the apple ecosystem, it's really a no-brainer

I once won a Nabu X in a twitch stream
Used for about a year and it actually helped me lose my 20kg overweight
The app was awful, the tracking was even worse and sometimes the smartband itself refused to work at all

The thing that actually kept me going was that I looked at the device and felt like I have to run
the technology behind it doesn't help you
it's the mindset that does

They're shit and exist only to provide personal information to corporations and the government for marketing and profiling purposes, you're a faggot if you use one.

JUST FUCKING LIFT. You don't need more stupid fucking toys. JUST LIFT!

They're a piece of shit and poor quality. Don't waste your money.

Bought the ChargeHR a month back, really good experience with it.
As someone with a sometimes very active job it really helps me keep track of my calories in vs out, since it's easilly set up to talk with myfitnesspal.

They're for runners dumbass, not lifters.

That's nonsense. A computer isn't much like a mind at all. If you want to track the number of steps you take, the distance and speed you walk, or heartrate through the day a mind is pretty terrible for that.

Of course the question is: do you actually want to do that? I doubt many people do.

I have a charge HR and I just use it as a tool. It's a decent way to track your steps while bullshitting throughout the day.

I also enjoy looking at my heart rate during a blowjob.

It's not a magic wand but it's decent if you want to to track some semi-useless shit and have some money to blow.

Whats your job? If its that active and you cant add size you would just add cals to your bulk, cutting should be easy. Its a luxury item you dont need.

>ChargeHR
Uhhhh you know these can be ordered of AliExpress for like 10 USD?

Broke in like 4 or 5 months. Didn't like it enough to bother dealing with their customer service.

don't fall for the fitbit meme.

got a miband 2 a while back. tried it out just to monitor my heart rate and all that.

thing makes a decent watch, and can also be set to notify you when you get texts and email on your phone and all that gay shit. as far as tracking my fitness, it's fucking dumb as fuck

heart rate monitor doesn't work half the time, especially if you get sweaty. thing gets uncomfortable to wear at that time too. it has a capacitive button to switch what you're looking at on it, and that also doesn't work half the time either. 40 bucks kinda down the drain, but i didn't mind 40 over 160 for the bullshit fitbit ones

if you're actually athletic and not just a wannabe/gymrat then they prove to be pretty useful. I like having accurate cals burned/hr stats whenever.

I like it to gamify walking. the charge HR claims it does calories out but i can't believe i'm doing as much as it says so i treat that like every other fitness machine's estimates.

Also, i'm on my THIRD charge HR this year. both the other two started peeling up around the screen but their support just sends you a new one with barely any questions and doesn't even make you return the old one.

Anyone saying any bring negative is just salty cause they can't afford one they're fun to have I got the charge hr and it tracks all your shit and you can compete with your friends as to who walks the most it's a tool for motivation

if you need a fitbit or anything to lose weight or get fit or whatever then you're retarded.

they do what they're suppose to do, but why spend money on it? do you really need a fitbit to get up off your ass? i was considering buying one cause i run 100+ miles a month along with lifting, but then i realized i could just download a free app for running and use the health app in my iphone if i REALLY wanted to know how many steps i've walked in a day.

the iphone health app might not be pinpoint accurate, but it's better than shelling money out on something that you have to charge and keep track of at all times. fall down and break it? too bad there goes your money.

these things are a crutch similar to motivational posters. they work short-term. if you're buying one in hopes that it will change your life, it won't.

Don't listen to poorfag scum. I just bought a blaze and it's the shit.

>Monitors sleep, big for me because I have crazy insomnia and its helped a lot with getting my sleep cycle in order
>Tells me EXACTLY HOW MANY CALORIES I BURN FROM LIFTING where I was just guessing before so I'm eating a lot better then I would have otherwise
>tracks heart rate and lets me know if anything is abnormal
>tracks steps so I can know If I'm being lazy
>warm up routines are good for getting the blood flowing when you wake up.
>maps your route and tells you how long and how well you're running.

technology helps us to lift better.
When based clinton comes into office and the poorfags are purged, I bet everyone in america will be wearing one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

Spoken like true poorfag vermin.

My workplace gave us all trackers and I get a discount on insurance for hitting enough steps. So I wear one for that reason.

a fitbit might be the most useless piece of shit out there. if you buy one you deserve to waste 100-200 dollars whatever it is

I know exactly one girl that """""" works out"""""" that wears these. She's essentially a cardio bunny, but also a pole vaulter, so she'll stray from the treadmill every so often and do like one pullup and fail on the next, and then it's back to either the treadmill or the foam roller for her

>looks good and tells women that you're wealthy and care about your body
>get great metrics on your body at the same time

What's to lose? Just get it. If it's making these autists mad, it's clearly good.

I have a fit charger. I bought it with the understanding that it would work with strava so I could monitor my heart rate for threshold training. It doesnt work with it and was a waste of my money. currently looking to get a wahoo HR monitor and pair it with a garmin edge 500 to track my cycling stats... also I have been wearing it for about 2 months now and already cracked the screen.