Can't lose weight

"READ THE STICKY, FAGGOT!!!"

Yeah, I know. I did.
So here's the thing, for the last month I've been eating at Taco Bell.
I get the same thing every time.
2 Shredded Chicken Mini Quesidillas (180 cal each)
A cheesy bean and rice burrito (420 calories).

So a total of 780 calories.
Then I go home and walk off 400 calories.

Net calories for the day: 380

But I can not lose weight. I've been stuck at 170 for the last 2 months (plus or minus a pound or two).
What am I doing wrong?

>walk off 400 calories

You are not only consuming 800 calories a day. Period.

Are you seriously trying to say you're living each day by eating a grand total of 800 calories, half of which you magically walk roughly 4-5 miles for to lose?

Quality over quantity faggot. Eating Taco Bell's shitty fake meat, and pretend cheese is obviously not smart. Think about the sodium, fuck just the burrito is almost 1000mg, not to mention the small amount of protein vs the large amount of carbs.

Make your own food and make it healthy then the weight will magically start falling off.

Then you're not counting calories correctly.

Did you forget your drinks, fatty? Soda and juice and flavored coffees have calories.

>walk off 400 calories
Well, walk/jog. I can't really run because of a something funky going on with my knee.

According to the tacobell nutrition menu I am. I mean, I drink water with my meal (should be 0 calories) and occasionally I'll eat a few baby carrots around 9 at night or so.

Do you know how long it would take you to walk/jog off 400 calories

>occasionally I'll eat a few baby carrots around 9 at night or so.
Yep this is how it always happens.

So what else do you 'occasionally' eat? What about that candy bar you had for lunch, or the quadruple scoop ice cream on your way back?

Have you actually been weighing yourself?

What was your weight when you started?

Do you weigh yourself in the same way at the same time in the day? I recommend doing so nekid before getting a shower every morning.

Also stop eating that shit.

If you are maintaining 170lbs on 800 calories, I would see a doctor or nutritionist urgently as there is something wrong there. I maintain ~105 with >1600.

You're either wrong or lying. It's that simple.

If you've constructed an airtight story that violates basic physical principles, you're lying.

Treadmill says about 50-60 minutes @ 4 miles an hour.

Yeah. I started out at around 200 and that burned off pretty quickly. But the last month has been a full stop.

>wants to lose weight
>eats taco bell

Good God why. Get on a proper diet of fruit, veg and some white meat and you will lose weight

I have no reason to lie to you folks. What would I have to gain from that?
I just was wondering if there was something super obvious I was missing

don't trust those numbers on workout equipment. assume it's at least 30% over exaggerating.

>treadmill says
>believing a piece of equipment made to make fatties feel better about their shitty "exercise"

Ok. How about instead of eating 800 kcal of Taco Bell, you try to eat 1400 kcal of homemade/whole foods and see if anything changes?

you're lying to yourself with this, not us.

I never thought about that. What is a more accurate way to measure calories lost for walking?
I checked a few sites and they all seemed to be about the same... or wildly different.

you are probably sleep-eating or something because it makes no sense that you could only consume 800 calories a day and not lose weight. Your body requires more energy than that just to make your heart beat, your brain function, and everything else function. It can't just create that energy out of thin air.

There is no accurate way to determine it because it varies wildly from person to person.

reading your thread, i'd just assume you're inaccurate in your calorie counting either your intake or output. just try to skip taco bell all together and make food at home. even if you try to replicate the same thing with better ingredients it will be healthier for you and you can tell exactly what you're having. Then try and step up your exercise too.

>trusting taco Bell
whew lad, you are probably wrong. Also, how much of a manlet are you?

roughly an hour

though i can't speak for wolfram's accuracy

>Then I go home and walk off 400 calories.
ok the formulas is:kcal/mile =0.57 x wt in lbs so
0.57*170=96.9
400/96.9=4.12miles
so do you walk for 45min-1hours ?

How do I say this without sounding like making excuses...
It's way more expensive to make my own.
Taco Bell Cheesy Bean and Rice burrito: $1
Tortillas: $2
Refried Beans (taco bell brand): $1
Can o cheese: $0.88
Jalapeno Sauce: $1.50

It's like 4 times more expensive. Also calorie wise, it looks like it'd be higher.

I assume restaurants have to be pretty accurate with their nutrition info, otherwise the government would get after them.

Usually about 55 minutes is when the treadmill says 400 calories. So I guess the treadmill is relatively accurate.

Where did you get that formula from though?

except buying your own ingredients gets you more than one serving, retardo

I haven't even read this thread yet and can tell people are falling for the b8

Do you think the 16 year old fuck head behind the counter is making your shitty fast food to exact portions and measurements? No way. You're probably eating more calories than you think, you're not burning as much when you walk because treadmills are bad at counting theses things, and most importantly you're body is still probably in 'starvation' mode, hanging on to what ever you put into it because you're eating a diet low in any nutritional value. Even though you're eating (((food))) it lacks a complete profile of nutrients required and I think that's where you fail most. Piss poor idea and understanding of what makes a healthy diet HEALTHY.

you're wrong, it's not more expensive. you could make like 5 days worth of the stuff for cheaper than going there to buy it every day. and you could use better ingredients that actually fit healthier macros.

You are just plain making excuses or you're just not trying hard enough. you want to lose weight enough to try and be informed but you're just not putting some of that knowledge into practice. I'm worried you're looking for us to just throw our hands up and say you're right you're a special case that just can't lose weight even though it's largely as simple as calories in calories out.

>only eat 800 calories a day
>I walk off 400 calories going home
>I only eat taco bell and am healthy

This is what the idiots on the street actually believe.

almost 6$ it's quite expensive
whole rice for the week 2$
ground beef/cheap fish for the week 6$
frozen vegetables for the week 3$
a homecoocked meal will cost you less than 1.5$

Trolls trolling trolls for being a troll

OP are you sure you're not eating anything else during the day at all?

We've had this thread some time ago with someone claiming he's only eating 600 calories of chips every day nothing else and is gaining weight. It's bait and should be ignored.

>1 burrito vs 10 burritos
Nigga you're full of shit. It is WAY more expensive to eat out.
The upfront cost is more, but per meal, it's way cheaper to make your own.

Also buy store brand everything except cheese. store brand cheese tastes like shit.

starvation mode isn't real, why do you think the jews in auschwitz were sentient twigs, dumbass?

>starvation' mode
This intrigues me. I am off to google it now.

The whole calories in/calories out thing is what is confusing me about the plateau. It shouldn't matter what is eaten as long as the calorie count is low, yeah?

learn that when i was prepin for a spartan race don't remenber where sorry

>Walking
>Exercise

>Treadmill says
An hour of running without stopping, sure

Nah, not gaining. Just not losing. But I was losing pretty good for a while there. And then it just stopped.
This time last year I was at 250.

I'm gonna ignore the part where you claim to have been at a ~2000 calorie deficit for 2 months and instead address all of the lurkers who may be eating fast food and trying to count calories from a fast food nutrition menu.

---

> don't
> trust
> fast food
> nutrition
> menus

Every fast food restaurant's nutrition menu is 100% lies. The HQ doesn't give a damn about picking representative food items for calorie reports. The workers don't give a damn about adhering to the HQ standards. The workers are using year-old oil polluted with flour flakes, cutting surfaces haven't been cleaned of oil residue, grills are caked with old fat and meat, etc. Everything is polluted and everything unhealthy is undercounted.

Also you're probably omitting a diet drink from your write-up. It's nbd but it's fucking with your water retention.

---

Test for yourself. Prepare similar items at home. MEASURE EVERYTHING. Use the same quantities EVERY TIME. You'll quickly discover that

1. when you take your food's CONSISTENCY into your own hands, your weight loss rate suddenly starts being congruent with your net deficit numbers.
2. the TBell nutrition values are impossibly low. A small tortilla is 100+ calories, 1 QUARTER cup of cheese is 90 calories. That already puts you at 190 calories, before trying to add in beans, frying oil, shredded chicken, and a few minor calories from minor spices/seasoning items. TBell is not serving you 180 calorie quesadillas.

starvation mode isn't real. don't take that user's advice. it was literally just a meme to fight anorexics.

my fucking god op why are you so opposed to eating, say, broccoli and chickpeas? why do you gotta eat some shitty burrito of refried beans and dogshit cheese?

>walk
>400 calories
You live 10 miles away or something? You could run for 3 miles and not even burn that many calories. Also I doubt the calorie count on the items you listed but I'm not going to bother to check.

Regardless you don't burn as many calories as you think you do walking to taco bell. Stop eating there, drop soda, lift weights.

Because no body breaks the laws of physics. A slice of bread and cup of coffee a day will make anyone a walking corpse.

>The whole calories in/calories out thing is what is confusing me about the plateau. It shouldn't matter what is eaten as long as the calorie count is low, yeah?

sort of, but i think what your take away from this should be is that you're just wrong about what you think your actually consuming and outputting.

op is trolling man. who the fuck does the same shit without losing weight for 2 months before they realize they should change something?

ive cut while eating fastfood and trust me, the nutrition info is pretty reliable

Gotta second this

Local chain burger joint said one of their sandwiches was 120calories. That's it. The bread alone is probably close to 120calories. I did a calculation of the "120calorie" sandwich and my calculation was closer to 700 calories. Which sounds more accurate for 2 slices of rye bread, 1/3lb of beef, cheese, onions, peppers, and sauce.

OP, try to manually weigh and count calories for each ingredient used in your TB instead of following what they claim it is. That's probably closer to the real calorie value.

lmao yeah that sounds great mmm brocoli and chippeas my favourite

What place is saying their burgers are 120 calories? Even the crappy burgers at Carl's Jr. are like 800 calories.
Unless you're talking about like Krystals(white castle) or something.

How fucking delusional are you
I've been losing ~3lbs a week at 1800 calories. Stop lying to yourself.

walking/jogging burns about 45 cals per km; running around 90 per km. You need to walk/jog about 8 kms or run about 5 kms to burn those 400 cals.

It's not about taste, you fat faggot.

Breakfast- 2 eggs

Lunch- chicken thigh with tomato on side

Dinner- can of tuna with broccoli on the side

Follow my diet and you will lose weight OP, been doing this for 2 months and ive lost almost 30 lbs

Forgot to add I also take a multivitamin and walk for 2 hours a day

>Then I go home and walk off 400 calories.

No. You don't. Unless you are clinically obese, you are not walking 400 calories in under 4 hours.

Thats your problem.

Is this true?

Yes.

Your body doesn't suddenly think it's starving from not eating for just a few hours. Just because you feel hungry doesn't mean you're shutting down. This is just logical fallacy used by retards to confirm their beliefs on how to diet, even though their diets never seem to work for them.

Is there, strictly speaking, a starvation mode? Sure. In prison camps, where people are literally starved for weeks/months.

170 lbs kek
your tiny manlet or fat femanon
either way post dat ass yeh tiny shit

>105

Are you female?

The type of food has nothing to do with it you autistic faggots.

Every single time someone complains about having to read the sticky or not understanding something in the sticky, they are legitimately and medically retarded.
EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Look at this fucking absolute retard.
>I walk off 400 calories
>I only ever eat this
>Weeeell except for the times I eat this too, but that doesn't count right?
Fucking fat shit.

Walk off 400 calories lmao only fatties calculate calories expended in exercise

I don't know how accurate a fitbit is, but Me and my gf went walking (pretty fast pace) for just under 2 hours nonstop and it said she burned 421 calories.

So far in this thread we've had people saying walking for 40 minutes, an hour and 2 hours and you'll burn 400 calories.
Which is it?

Holy fuck dude. How do you manage to only eat that handful of food? I've lost 20lbs in 2 months eating double that and just working it off with HIIT and running. My brain would stop functioning eating that diet. Good job though

taco bell, taco bell
product placement with taco bell
enchirito, nacho, burrito

Did you know that Taco Bell® is now open until 3am?
Now you can 'Eat Great, Even Late'.

So come on in an enjoy one of our delicious Nacho Bell Grande®s and be sure to pick up an ice cold Coca-Cola Classic®.

It depends on your weight and how fast you're going, it's not gonna be the same for everybody.

High sodium content. Holds water and stay heavy.

$6 for enough ground beef for a week? What is this 1970? That's like a pound of meat. How the fuck are you going to survive on a point of meat a week.

Not the guy you were responding too, but I certainly understand why he would eat so little.

As a former fatty I dropped 85 lbs by eating as much as I want, but healthier options. Now after some recomping I started cutting from ~15% bf and the weight just doesn't come off.

My entire diet for the day

Lunch:
7oz chicken breast + vegetables:300 Calories

Snack (not even everyday): nuts or quest bar:300 or 200 calories

Dinner:
Chicken or steak and vegetables: 300-500 calores

Post workout: whey + nuts or quest bar: 500 or 400 calroies

With this intake and my cardio I'm still only losing about a lb a week

christ man how dumb are you

>a cheesy bean and rice burrito only has 420 calories
yeah sure

Maybe you are an anorexic that weighs 20 kgs.

Do you only eat the 800 cals a day?

I wonder who the fuck told you that eating at taco bell everyday was a good way to go in order to lose weight

It's not just about reading the sticky, you have to learn from it and do what it says
>Fast food is almost always extremely unhealthy, high in saturated fat and trans fat, very calorie-dense, and should thus be avoided by everyone. The occasional burger is harmless in the grand scheme of things, but if fast food is a staple of your diet, cut it out.
You're not doing what the sticky says, fast food is not just a staple in your diet, it's your whole diet

Fucking kys, don't ask for help then deny the truth because you can't control your fatass mentality.

OP, you're either wrong, lying or have an expanding tumor. Get checked ASAP.

Same thing happened to my brother. We all just thought he was a fatass and then tried to lose weight for a few months with diet and exercise. When he got no results he consulted a doctor and found out he had non cancerous tumors; once they were removed he was 80lbs lighter.

How horrifying!

Good thing it was removed.

OP, for what it's worth, Taco bell are notorious for lying through their teeth. It was pretty obvious since their Beef fiasco was swept under the rug after one of their PR reps lied about buying beef in bulk to reduce costs. Also, since it's owned by Yum brands, assume everything Yum says is a lie. Pic related.

This has got to be a troll thread.

If don't have a BMR which burns 500kcal, you're a dead person, and you will very quickly lose weight through decomposition.

How long is irrelevant.

Either way it's roughly 15km, or 10 miles, if he's going:
>4 miles an hour
It's at least two hours.

B8

>mainteance at 400 calories

You're a secret eater. I highly doubt you actually eat 800 calories in a day. If you aren't losing weight, then you're eating over 800

quads of truth

Im gonna say water retention or innacurate tdee activity level

You are insulin resistant.
Restricting calories does not work.

How I lost 31.5lb in 2 months.

There's something you're not telling us, or your math is wrong somewhere. The human body literally CAN'T work any other way:

Your body needs energy to do things like, you know, be alive. Breathe, have a pulse, think, etc. There are only two possible sources for this energy: Food you eat, or burning body fat stores. If you eat fewer calories than your body needs to stay alive, it has NO CHOICE but to make up the difference from body fat. If this were not the case, you would literally die of starvation in your sleep.

Similarly, in order to build body fat, you MUST have a source of raw material, otherwise it would violate the laws of physics. Literally the ONLY possible source for raw material available to your body is food that wasn't already burned and used for energy.

Treadmill is a lying cunt, he said India would be a superpower by 2020.

Go report to a nutritionist so they can study what makes your body so special that it defies decades of years of nutrition and weight research.

To all the tards saying that the colary count on his treadmill isn't accurate. Why the fuck does that matter. They guy claims he eats 800 kcal a day which without the cardio would make him lose weight fast. Even if tacobells numbers were of by 50% and he burned 0 kcal during cardio he would lose weight pretty damn fast. So obviouly those baby carrot snacks are larger than he thinks or his body actually makes him forget that he already ate which is actually possible when consuming so little calories.

Where do you live cause a burrito in NY costs like 5$ at least

>burrito in NY

Kek

>occasionally I'll eat a few baby carrots around 9 at night or so.
Fucking hell! why didn't you say that in the beginning! Taco bell and baby carrots!?!?!?! deadly combo! No wonder you aren't losing weight! I'm surprised your still able to walk!

Made shitty fast food at dairy queen, can confirm I don't measure shit. Someone seems nice I give them more, someone is a dick and they get less. Can also say nobody (but me) actually makes cones the proper size, guarantee you its the same way at taco bell. Also, the nutrition guide might not be taking nonstick spray an other shit like that into account