Sleep Gains

Sleep Gains thread. All sleep discussion permitted. I'm gonna start:

Lifelong insomniac. How do I sleep? I have no electronics in the bedroom. I try to wind down with meditation, chamomile, and sometimes benadryl. Usually I just lie there. When I do sleep I usually have nightmares, sometimes sleep paralysis, which is like a nightmare only its super real and pretty much feels indistinguishable from reality.

I know its hurting my gains and I want to sleep. Once I ate 2 relaxation brownies and 4 benadryls and drank chamomile. I still didn't sleep til 4am and even then only got 7 hours
pic related. its a great description of sleep paralysis

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/Theanine/)
examine.com/supplements/Glycine/)
powdercity.com/products/melatonin-powder
selfhacked.com/2014/10/29/top-23-methods-to-fall-asleep/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>relaxation brownies

If you mean pot brownies, cannabis consumption before bed helps you fall asleep but the sleep you do get is less restful.

Melatonin.

Hijacking this thread, how do I make myself go to bed? I stay up to 2 am every night having a cozy time; eating oats, petting my snuggly sleeping dog, and posting on Veeky Forums.

Every morning I wake up dead tiered and regret I didn't go to bed earlier. I rarely get more sleep than 6,5 hours a night and I think it's bad for my gains.

Anyone else with the same issue?

I exercise hard and work 8 hours or during college school all day. You get tired if you expend energy bb

Theanine/GABA
Taurine
ZMA
Phenibut (this one is slightly more high stakes, very strong stuff and tolerance will spike and withdrawal is apparently hell)
Valerian
Skullcap
Passion flower

Caffeine cutoff time early as possible

Not necessarily, the only time im ever sitting still is right after an intense wirkout

Some ppl need to expend energy so much that no matter how much time they spend zipping around throughout the day, as soon as they lay down the mind just... Doesn't want to stop

Same but I'm usually jerking off or playing vidya. End up napping during lunch break almost every day. I dunno how to stop

Go to a doctor and get them to prescribe you Seroquel or Lunesta. Beware Seroquel, since it's like marijuana in pill form, and you will be hungry often.

>Lifelong insomniac
>Doesn't take third-party tested Melatonin

Sure faggot. I had insomnia until I started taking aripiprazole for bipolar 2 disorder.

To get to sleep, I took:
2-5mg Melatonin (not wood shavings kind)
500-1000mg L-Theanine (examine.com/supplements/Theanine/)
2g L-Glycine (examine.com/supplements/Glycine/)

Read a book before bed. If you are in bed for 30min-1hour then get up and do something.

Buy the app Sleep Cycle, and you can add notes for what affects your sleep.

Get actual sleep drugs here: powdercity.com/products/melatonin-powder

no, melatonin brownies. they are sold at convenience stores in some states and caused a shit ton of controversy when a toddler ate one and never woke up

L-Theanine / Inositol combo

thanks for the advice
>had sex that day

Taking doc parsleys sleep cocktail atm with good results. Basically just melatonin, phenibut, magnesium+d, 5htp and some other stuff. You could recreate the whole thing for like 1/5 the price but im lazy so yea

...fan on at night is bad?

Is jerkin' it the same positive as having sex?

Avoid the dryl bruh. Got stuck using that shit to sleep for like 8 years. Had to take like 10 at a time to go to sleep for a while until I weened myself off.

Theanine, melatonin, advil pm, dhea is what I use. The dhea gives you more control in your dreams too. My sleeping is similar to youra and when I started what I have now it helped a lot

Lol discipline.

Fan noise helps me sleep. Don't care what the know-it-alls have to say.

The point of notes is to individualize your sleep experience. This is me. Do it yourself.

My ex's mom slept with one of these on full fucking blast all night. Shit was so god damn annoying but she couldn't hear us having sex so it wasn't all bad

hey Veeky Forums I started sleeping for a lot longer after I started my program. Is that normal?

Ever stop to think that was the reason it was on full blast to begin with?

holy shit bro i feel bad for you, sleep is sacred bro i usually fall asleep like nothin man, ill watch tv til i cant hold my eyes up anymore and snooze at like 11-1, or i can just fall asleep whenever,

supplements take zinc magnesium and b12 or b6 whatever, take vitamin d3 since u prob arent that out in the sun no offense bro,
4000 iu a day is good, i wake up and within like a minute im super alert. its also almost like i blew up, gainin size outa nowher

What the fuck op, are you literally me? I had the worst kind of sleep thing today.

>take a sample stack of stacker2 something with 300mg caffeine in it
>think that "well its 4pm, it will go away for bedtime"

NOPE IT FUCKING DIDNT...I think. I tried to sleep for 6 goddamn hours straight and nothing worked.

Its fucking bullshit, and it ALWAYS FUCKING happens on days that I am supposed to do something important, like work or an appointment.

Why the fuck does this keep on happening to me. I fucking hate it. Out of all the problems in my life that could be fixed, this sleep problem is the biggest one that I never was able to fix.

Fan noise is essentially white noise, which helps block off the hum of devices and cars. Sort of like wind but monotone.
It can help if you're easily startled by random noises in your house.

If your thoughts are the issue.(as in your brain won't shut up) Practice mindfulness meditation.
To do this, in the morning try to focus on something other than your thoughts, like your breath for example, or the sound of running water, or wood burning. Do this right away in the morning.
Then incorporate this practice right before you go to bed.

You can meditate while sitting, laying down, standing, walking, or even while doing reps.
However try seated or relaxed positions before bed, cuz the body will want to be awake as opposed to your mind.

There are no secrets to meditating. Simply refocus on your subject of focus when you catch yourself wandering. Over time this will be easier. The more consistent you are the better. Go for minimum 3 minutes and move up a minute very day.

Alternately day one:
Morn 3min
Nite 3min

Day two:
Morn 3min
Nite 4 min
And progress like that.

>take zma
doesnt help to get into sleep, but does increase sleep quality once in sleep

>take melatonin
ZERO FUCKING EFFECT 100% OF THE GODDAMN TIME

considering going to the doctor finally because this problem is impossibly to deal with.

Go to therapy. My insomnia got bad when I was horribly depressed and my life was going nowhere. It got better when my life got better, on top of the good routine, waking up early, eating right, blah blah. Or it could be a sleep disorder and you need special meds.

>have these mini cycles of complete sleeplessness every couple of weeks because cant fall asleep
>NEVER able to go into fucking sleep before 12pm naturally unless after one of those no sleep days.
>no way of waking up like the rest of the normies at 6 am in the morning while feeling refreshed, no matter what I do
>never was able to do it when I was a kid, a teen or now as an adult
>quality of life suffers because of it, lose sleep when on education, or on work, cant perform well in the long term

Not even sure how to fix this, its probably a depression from the solitude or something like that.

>having sex
Yeah, sure, whatever you say buddy

Can vouch for these, aside from Phenibut and the top two

Tried glycine and 5htp, noticed nothing

Melatonin and sleep hygiene and meditation and reading is GOAT though

>Took a crazy long nap yesterday after a fap
>went out to the bar to socialize (didn't drink much)
>came back home and slept till noon
It was glorious. Woke up feeling awesome. Killed my workout and finally gave my place the cleaning it's been needing.

Back to the grind tomorrow but I've got a big as pot of chili to give me the itis cooking in the slow cooker so I'm ready for this.

Sleep gains best gains.

>be recovering anti social person and build up somewhat normal social relationship with family member where you just both help eachother
>family member turns into retard and starts harassing you
>have to cut that family member off
>back into solitude
>goodbye sleep gainz

OP here...never thought about it but my family life has been super fucked up as long as i can remember. its gotten so stressful that even though i live in another town i've been considering moving to another state or even country to escape the insanity. i'm literally the only person in my large (6 people) family without a mental illness...unless you count the insomnia and a negligible OCD.

Maybe they are why i don't sleep. every night i worry i might get a drunken or panicked phone call that somebody is dead or hurt because that kind of shit happens all too often.

It's like Arrested Development and I'm Michael, only its not funny. The question is would moving away make me less stressed or more stressed?

The best sleep that I have gotten was when I was with my grandmother who is actually genuinely a stable and nice person to me...and also when I was in the french foreign legion for 3 weeks (but got rejected after that)

A person needs friends, a stable partner, or stable family to feel secure in his skin.

If you dont have that, you may get insomnia.

So to iterate on your question. I think that moving out will help you. But if you do, you need to find a good gf who you can sleep with (as in literally sleep with), or just enough friends outside. That you can rely on daily.

I am too fucked to get either though, I think. So Il just go get me a shrink or something.

can someone answer this?

yes user, sports, bodybuilding or even running damages your body, and in your sleep you sleep longer to repair the damage.

thanks for the input. I think you're right. don't give up on finding a good circle of friends or a gf. put yourself out there and you'll be surprised. i don't make friends easy but the few times i've chanced it i've found people who've made my life infinitely better

>mfw i look forward to sleeping everyday like its a hobby

Its hard to do that user. Its hard to do when you go outside and see typical behavior of people who smoke and/or drink. People who also have bad dietary habits. Its hard to watch your so called friends get the beetus and/or alzheimers.

My standards for what is good may perhaps be too tall of an order. I dont know. But I treat others as I would treat myself, with hatred, contempt and zero tolerance.

I would be completely fine living on my own, by my own standards if I could, since outside of me there seems to be zero virtue.

but I guess I have to satisfy the maslow's pyramid of needs somehow.

10 hours a day? Up from the 7 I used to.

are you me? just graduated college, hoping a job will give me some structure and reason to wake up early. I find that I have an easier time falling asleep when I've been exposed to the sun earlier in the day. Also, make sure its dark AF in your room as well as cold. Hope this helps

Is there a more autistically comprehensive guide?
selfhacked.com/2014/10/29/top-23-methods-to-fall-asleep/

>Some ppl need to expend energy so much that no matter how much time they spend zipping around throughout the day, as soon as they lay down the mind just... Doesn't want to stop

no, you just haven't expended all of your energy...

Has Sleep Science Guy outgrown us?

Pls come back