Is stronglifts 5x5 a meme?

Is stronglifts 5x5 a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/what-to-do-after-12-weeks-of-stronglifts-5x5/
stronglifts.com/getting-stronger-starting-empty-bar/
stronglifts.com/wp-content/uploads/stronglifts-5x5-lb.xls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes too much volume, do SS

this but do it fucking properly and only for a few months.

This, do this for 2 years, then 2 more years of texas method (you will look bad but you need that strength base!) then you can fainally get on a split and train for those aesthetics !

Do SS, but you have to read the book.

>SS meme

>2 years of SS

kill yourself

You dnt do starting strength for 2 fucking years are you trolling

>I don't know what I'm talking about: the post
SL goes down to 3x5 pretty much as soon as you get out of the rank novice phase and basically becomes SS without shitty exercises like the power clean

It's alright, SS is better though

t. someone that has done SL

>I don't know how the program works
You do a 5x5 until you fail a few sets and deload, then you do a 3x5. For most lifters you'll be doing 3x5 before 2 pl8. If you can't 5x5 sub 225 then you need to put .50 cal of volume into your temple.

>too much volume

how the fuck can a lifting program have too much volume? lifting less would give you more gains, what sense does that make?

when did you ever hear:
"oh i'm so skinny because i lift way too much"

>cut the sets early in the program
>not too much volume

meme program confirmed

kys for being such a sucker, kiddo

>what is recovery

alright man try to 10x10 three times a week adding 5lbs each workout.

>not knowing how to manage volume to maintain gains without having to deload in a couple weeks as a fucking noob
>having so little life that you can spend all day in the gym
>having so little understanding of strength training that you think it's a good idea to rest for 30s between sets of 5s

kill yourself, skinny faggot

KYS

>SL goes down to 3x5 pretty much as soon as you get out of the rank novice phase
No it doesnt wtf are you talking about?

>doing 3x5 gives no gains

if I added 5lbs each workout I wouldn't make progress because eventually it would get too heavy to lift, not because there is too much volume

>not knowing how to manage volume to maintain gains without having to deload in a couple weeks as a fucking noob
I have never deloaded
>having so little life that you can spend all day in the gym
I spend ~1 hour in the gym 3-4 days a week
>having so little understanding of strength training that you think it's a good idea to rest for 30s between sets of 5s
I rest for 1-2 mins and do sets of 8-10

Mehdi is a retard, he knows 5x5 is way too much volume to be adding 5-10lbs on your squat each workout, then he SUGGESTS to lower the sets to 3!

Just do 3sets to begin with, 3 sets of 5 has been experimented since the 60s, and it is the agreed upon scheme for novice linear strength training.

This is for the purpose of getting STRONG. We are training the CNS here!

5x5 sucks, if your first set feels heavy then you already know you'll fail. Rather do 3x8-10 if I want higher volume. Takes much less time too.

Kys retarded meme boy

you know nothing Jon Snow

>wanting to leave humanity behind
>not doing 8 hours of isolation work on each muscle group daily

pick one

So which program should I do as a beginner?

SS

stronglifts.com/what-to-do-after-12-weeks-of-stronglifts-5x5/

greyskull lp

Read the sticky. This board is a shithole.

>ss recommends beginners eat 4000+ calories a day

No way ,.. is that fucking possible on SS?

i did SS for awhile but then people on Veeky Forums told me to do a 4 day split like PHUL because SS doesn't give aesthetics

I do this:

ABABABx

A:
3*8 squat
3*8 deadlift low
3*8 bench low
3*8 lat pull down
3*8 OHP

B:
3*8 concentration curl
3*8 push down
3*8 alt lat raise
3*8 lay raise
3*8 shrugs

Critique please. Also I'm cutting

If you wanna be strong do SS and read the book.

trappy's greyskull variant

>listening to people on Veeky Forums

muscle is muscle
fat is fat

Doing an 'aesthetics routine' will not give you more aesthetic muscle. How good you look is largely a function of body fat. Stop thinking that training in low rep ranges will somehow make you look shit

LOL

>do 5x5 until it gets to be too much volume to either work with or recover from in reasonable time (usually between 2 and 2.5 pl8)
>shift to 3x5
>continue 3x5 until it gets to be too much volume to either work with or recover from in reasonable time (usually 2.5 to 3pl8)
>shift to 1x5
>realise blind 1x5 is not as beneficial as other programs
>switch to texas or madcow

it's really not that hard. the only advice i can give is to really not bother wasting a week or two deloading a 5x5. I just switched to 3x5 at 125kg because 5x5 was taking way too fucking long and the recovery was brutal.

>This having any effect on the quality of the program

Veeky Forums is also full of retards who don't lift or have really shitty routines.

You're not gonna look aesthetic in your first few months whether you do SS or a split. Would you rather have a 3.5 plate squat and 2 plate bench in that time or just fuck around with sets of 8-12?

What does low even mean

really like that 3*8 don't ya?

do a proper routine not made by you

>Mehdi is a retard, he knows 5x5 is way too much volume to be adding 5-10lbs on your squat each workout, then he SUGGESTS to lower the sets to 3!

It's literally 5x5 of baby weight. You only do 10lbs on deadlifts and you stop at 2pl8. You have to be weak as fuck if you can't 5x5 the beginner weight. You have to be pathetic as fuck if you can't recover from the beginner weight. You don't know the routine, you are weak.

Of course it will give aesthetics. Anything will. The degree to which it will is the question.

That nigger did 3 years of ss. Obviously he's going to get huge. If you stick with anything you will grow, but a better program will make you grow more is all.

If you did for example bw for 3 years you would get bigger as long as you're progressing and eating.

Why the fuck do you retards think lifting heavy weight doesn't mean you'll be jacked while doing 12 reps with 40lbs dumbbells is some sort of magic code to unlock muscle.

Oh wait, it's because you retards see someone or read a routine by someone on gear.

Not everything has to be 3x8
A:
I'd reduce the deadlift volume to 3x5 or 3x6
I'd do bench between squatting and deadlifting to give your lowerbody more rest

B:
3x8 curls might be a bit conservative, I'd do 10-15
Are you doing alternating lat raises and then more lat raises? Why?
While this looks like an ''arm day'' you should always start with a compound exercise, so I'd start with chin ups and close grip bench

Fuck, this is too much to type out.
>TL;DR
The program is shit, get on a real one, like Candito LP, Texas method or madcow

3x5 full body workouts 3x a week. Add accessories

>The program is shit, get on a real one, like Candito LP, Texas method or madcow

He's probably too weak to do those. He'll probably need to start with a beginner routine.

Yeah, probably

If you want to improve your squat/diddy, add accessories and its fine for a beginner. Switch to something else once you hit 1.25-1.5x BW on your squat. The guy who made it is a manlet though so dont follow his form tips if you're not his body type. I'm tall and have really long arms, needless to say his OHP advice is kind of retarded for me.

Veeky Forums is 99% transsexuals who only lifted for a brief period of time before growing tits and sucking dicks for a living.

Don't listen to them.

I get what you're saying and i agree with it, but you offer no answers to what is "better" then SS which is = lifting heavy weights. BUt you both say there are better ways.

Does trappy's one work better than SS and SL if I'm a girl who wants to look better?

Yes.
Do 3x5. Oh shit, the weight got light? Add weight. Oh fuck, only 4,4,3 reps done? Better keep that weight until 3x5.

Rinse and repeat.

Add 3xf bw chins/pull ups and dips while you're at it.

SL got me into squats and deadlifts. I owe most of my physique to heavy squats and deads. Would definitely recommend SL until 1/2/3/4

GIRL?

height/weight?

SL is legit , is ICF 5x5 any good?

i don't trust the fucking retardo that made that shit

It doesn't matter how you train, if you don't have the motivation, you won't see nearly as many results

PPL for example.

Pretty much any bb program. They're not going to make you stronger than ss would outside some modifying, but they should make you aesthetically pleasing.

As long as you do SS right though, you should have no complaints. You're going to look better unless you just get fat. But then you just cut and look good.

ICL is just SL with some upperbody accessories, it's fine

The reason I do what I'm doing now is because I was a high level athlete until about 18 when I lost interest. As far as I am aware, this works for me

If your goal is gettin dem gloots I'd say SS and SL would probably be better for the simple reason that it has more lowerbody volume. But I can't say they're superior because I just don't know/have any way of knowing if it's better. Trappy pretty much always recommended SS with accessories though.

5'10" 170

Cant say ive ever followed blaha much.. The point is any program that gets you to squat and deadlift is legit. The programming can vary, madcow, sheiko, TM, whatever

Just get under the bar and keep raising the weight

ICF is just stronglifts with some bodybuilding exercises added.

The core is still stronglifts so you can't go too far wrong even if Blaha is retarded.

If you have more time to spend in the gym and want to build some of the less functional muscles stronglifts doesn't hit, try it.

SS/SL actually has more lower body work (squats) which girls generally prefer. Remember to completely ignore whatever Rippetoe says about diet, it's irrelevant to you.

Alright, do what you want. I'd still recommend an actual program though. Candito LP Power/Hypertrophy is good if you want to get stronger as well as gettin dat dere trophy of hyper. Good luck man.

Thanks, yeah basically I want to get a better butt and then get strong, but I'm just starting so I'm doing SL and this makes me want to change to SS but ah well.

Is there an app to track routines like SL but for SS? I'm shit at remembering routines

>Download it, looks cool
>Try to create my workout
>NO MORE THAN 3 A DAY IS NEEDED! QUALITY OVER QUANTITY!
>O-ok I want to do my workout though
>Add custom
>BUY POWERPACK TO MAKE CUSTOM WORKOUT

What the fuck is the point of this shit app
>$10
kek, maybe for 99cents

SS can make you big, thick, and dense. Just lift heavy and eat enough

PPL can make you big, but in a more aesthetic kind of way.

The way I personally see it is: what kind of big do you want to be? It sounds dumb and bro science-y, but the idea of getting swole from primairly lifting heavy shit makes my dick tingle

The real lame answer is this:
Lift weights and eat more food. And give it tiiiiiime.

>What the fuck is the point of this shit app
advertising meme

Workout A

Squat 3x5
Wide Bench Press 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x5
Overhead Barbell Extension 3×8
Barbell Preacher Curl 3×8
Stiff-Legged Deadlift 3×8
Weighted Plank 3×30s
Russian twists 3x20
Calf raises 3x25

Workout B

Squat 3x5
Paused Overhead Press 3x5
Trap-Bar Deadlift 2×5
Close Bench Press 3×5
Chin-up 3×5
Weighted Plank 3×30s
Situps 3x25

Yeah, there's an official SS app that comes with a light version of the book along with workout tracking and a warmup calculator.

Woops
meant to ask what I can add to B, and what I should do instead of situps because those are garbage.

SL 5x5 because you won't buy the SS book and SL has the SL book online for free. This is why we need to recommend SL

There is both an app for SS and SL

I've been doing some half assed lifting past 4 months but plan to get more serious and follow SS

I'm like 18-20% bodyfat at 170 5'10 though so I'm gonna cut for a few months. Is this stupid? I just want to look leaner and healthier before I start bulking

Well you're a beginner so you don't have to worry about losing fat having negative effects on your strength. You can cut just fine while doing SS

>believing people on the internet
Legs are too smalls for 3 years SS
Lats too big
He went PPL + some tren and is lying or is complete retard thinking PPL is SS

>tfw 5'10" 170 but bulkan
Im like 11% bf tho

you weigh nothing at 170. It's easier to lose fat than build muscle. Once you're actually strong, then cut. And don't "bulk" just eat enough to grow and you won't gain too much fat.

I'm skinnyfat as hell though. I posted my pic earlier and everyone told me to cut. If I cut to 155 I don't think I'll look any weaker just less fat. Like I said I've already been lifting for a while so not sure how much beginner gains I have left. I'm tired of lifting and still looking out of shape.

If you've been fucking around for 4 months you're still a beginner. Cut while doing SS

post your 170 fram breh this is me squatz for life

Veeky Forums is full of idiots. If you cut, you'll just be skinny instead of skinnyfat. You can lose weight on SS, but when your lifts start to stall do yourself a favor and eat something.
Also, how long you've been lifting has no bearing on your beginner gains. What are your stats?

Fuck, it costs a lot for me, sucks being poor in a 3rd world country

Will check some copies of that app, ty anyways

>but they should make you aesthetically pleasing.
But they don't. Go to any commercial gym. Go look at the sea of 20 to 30 year old men doing a body building routine. Notice how 99% of them look like shit? Notice that 1% that looks insanely good? You know, those huge guys doing 135 bench for 15 reps the cable flys? They're on fucking gear. They're also the reason those other 99% retards are doing the same stupid shit.

You want to look good as a natty? Lift heavy weight on compounds, bulk, then cut to a low body fat.

Anything to look like Chad, man

Bulking and dieting is for people who are on steroids.

Non-steroiders should just lift while eating plenty protein.

Are you talking about me or are you talking about the routine? No need to get personal brah

I already look better doing 2 months of meme splits than the 8 months wasted on memelifts 5x5 2 years ago.

Who cares about strength gains (did happen tho) when you keep looking like shit?

>Bulking and dieting is for people who are on steroids

Pretty fucking stupid advice. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. You don't blow the fuck up like someone on the bike, but you need to bulk to keep up with the demand.

guy talks about a 10lb deadlift and assumes everyone starts at the same weight. not sure what's he on about

The point of the app is just to make it retard proof, it's not like you have to use it exclusively to do the routine. Just get a fucking paper and pencil and write down your lifts

>Bringing pencil and paper to the fucking gym
I already have my phone for music.

It's a beginner routine, everyone starts at the same weight because you don't know what the fuck you are doing. It doesn't matter if you're actually strong enough to move more weight, you don't have the form down and you'll fuck up quickly and stall. So not sure what the fuck you're going on about m8.

Who cares about looking good when you're weak as shit?

different people got different goals KIDDO

stronglifts.com/getting-stronger-starting-empty-bar/
stronglifts.com/wp-content/uploads/stronglifts-5x5-lb.xls
You don't need a month of lifting baby weights for 5x5 just to get to "untrained" according to symmetric strength.

Cheers big man

Yes it does you dumbfuck

>not doing SS in addition to sport conditioning
are you guys even trying?