/PLG / - powerlifting general

motivational edition

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FKVb_Q1O9H4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg6-_xPwK34
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yykSHeVXD8I
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HV3zWSawJiw
youtube.com/watch?v=eaR9KTknePE
youtube.com/watch?v=WXJYVyVclT0
youtube.com/watch?v=GSdYPkgCvtE
youtube.com/watch?v=pvloBjHsYyk
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=6liAgg4SN88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Haino and trap and worst girl.

Wouldn't it be additive and not multiplicative?

>^365
>Not x365
Is the math section of my brain taking a dump here? Can someone explain this to me?

4th for trappy = haino

Haino please post more about yourself so we can DOX you and prove that you are and or are not trappy. This is important.

Thanks.

>to the power of 365
>not multiplied by 365
C'mon guys, you're not helping the stereotype.

But she is. And no that webm with the bearded guy timestamping that literally took you an hour to provide doesn't prove anything.

that's fucking retarded

>tfw you've been training 4-5 days a week
>tfw new program is only 3 days a week
considering adding in a 4th day with just accessory work, and hoping it doesn't hurt my recovery

please be bait

yes you are retarded

^365 is weight*1.01*1.01*1.01 365 times aka going up in weight by 1% every day so it goes up 37.8 times so if you start at deadlifting 10kg and increase the weiht by 1% each day for a year you end up dead lifting 378kg

*365 is you lifting 365 kg and it goes up by 1% to 368.65 kg

1.01 x 365 =

1.01 ^ 365 = 1.01 x 1.01 x 1.01 x 1.01 x 1.01 x 1.01 x 1.01 x 1.01 x 1.01 x 1.01 x 1.01 x 1.01...

but it would be +1.01

am i on reddit or tumblr

Both

Split the program up into 5 days

strengtheory.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/

"This means that total weight lifted in all three lifts increased about an average of 10% in the 6/week group, as opposed to 5% in the 3/week group. I told you this wasn’t like the many headlines of fitness magazines; these are real results. In addition to looking at the changes in 1RM of each of the lifts, the researchers also looked for increases in muscle mass of the vastus lateralis and the quadriceps as a whole. The average increase in the 6/week group was almost 10% in the vastus lateralis and nearly 5% in the quadriceps as a whole. In just 12 weeks, that is great progress. The 3/week group did not make significant increases in muscle mass."

that picture is beyond retarded.

nothing in life is exponential like that

>via 9gag.com
Well fuck, you got me.

>that picture

>implying efforts are multiplicative and not additive

>implying even if they were there wouldn't be an intra-exponential genetics weighting factor

>mfw genetic dead end

yeah because you increase your weight by 1.01kg always remember to add that 1kg plate and 10 gram paperclip to your lifts every day

the maths for that then would be
weight + 1.01*365 yes

but it seems to make more sense that you increase your weight by 1% each day you make massive gains and if you decrease by 1% you make a massive loss not

increase weights by 1010 grams a day make
368.65 kg gains but if you increase the weights by 990 grams a day you only make 361.35kg of gains :>)

which one seems more likely to you?

wew lads, the fit girl source is poppin today tBh

good filename

so sheiko basically? I've never looked at the specifics of the programs but I know they're supposed to be high frequency/high volume/low intensity

I just started doing 28 free programs, want to give it a shot after all the good things I hear about it for bench

>Joe will never be a fireteam leader or even a lowly LAT gunner

>I'm on the list
Oh you.jpg

>New meme
He's been saying this since his first posted webm, not even close to being new

Suicide squad was actually breddy gud

Sheiko is 3/week or 4/week. And even ol Boris says to do the 4x frequency if you have time.

My recommendation was just to split your routine into a 5-6x frequency whichever way seemed most logical. On account of you preferring higher frequency, and the potential gains to be made.

So if i squat with elbows horizontal versus pointint down, is there a major difference?

Is there one way I _should_ do?

IT seems to me like most people who are actually strong do elboes down?

How did Isley's meet go lads, did our boy bring any medal back home?

when does the SSB biography come out?

Never, he doesn't exist

>he doesnt know....

george missed all of his squats, and left.

not even memeing :(

regardless of strength or insight, your presence is an unavoidable part of /plg/.
also hm, didn't notice his denial posts until recently but i was there when the first webms were posted.
>suicide squad was good
objectively incorrect

what are you training tomorrow

what are you up to otherwise tomorrow/this week

did you do anything fun over the weekend?

what are you eating/drinking tonight

most importantly, how are you holding up?

>what are you training tomorrow
some slingshot bench, some close grip bench, some accessory work, and some SSB squats
>what are you up to otherwise tomorrow/this week
work
>did you do anything fun over the weekend?
went with my dad to go see the new Bourne movie, it was better than I thought, despite some CSI: Miami - tier computer shenanigans
>what are you eating/drinking tonight
some chicken and maybe some apple cider beer
>most importantly, how are you holding up?
lets not talk about that

requesting no memeing responses to this question

Do whats comfy.

If i had to pick one, I would say more skilled people keep elbows down because it helps pin your shoulder blades back and down which makes them snug.

I don't know if I would try to artificially create that though. Just do whats comfy for you. If bringing your elbows down is right, then over time you'll start to naturally drift towards that and figure it out.

ENHANCE

He bombed. He cried all the way to the barber shop.
Virtus heard him scream JUST as the door closed and he dared not follow him in.
Isley hasn't been seen or heard from since.

oh ok I appreciate the input.

I'm doing 3x/week bench, 3x/week squat, and 1x/week deadlift

it's supposed to be done
S-
M- squat bench dead
T-
W- squat bench
Th-
F- squat bench
S-

Considering moving deads to their own day plus some accessories.

I probably shouldn't fuck with it since I don't know very much about programming, but I've been NEET for the last 2.5 months and training is keeping me feeling somewhat productive.

>WAWTT
Pic related, 155x3+ pls

>What else?
Dunno

>Do anything fun?
Just saw suicide squad, hanging out with family

>Food
Chicken sausage with apple, chicken, Greek yogurt

>Holding up?
You know, the usual

>Training
Lunges or Front Squat. Maybe both.
Push Press with OHP backoff
DB rows
Misc accessories

>Otherwise
Gotta sign up for classes

>Weekend fun
No

>Eating
Beef roast, rice, broccoli, milk and ice cream :)

>Holding up
Kinda bored by everything but training tbH man. Hoping I can come up with some healthy entertainment soon enough.

hbu lad

>WAYTT
squat bench dead
>what are you doing tomorrow
going to visit some family 45 mins away
>fun over the weekend?
got drunk with friends. Wanted to go to bars and try to hook up with a qt but plans didn't work out
>eating/drinking
ate a giant burrito for dinner. protein intake probably too low today

>how are you holding up?
ok. Had a heart to heart with a friend about our similar ex-girlfriend problems while shitfaced. was somewhat therapeutic

Incline bench, deadlifts, push press and bro-stuff

Nothing out of the ordinary. Looking for another part time job to compliment the coaching right now.

I refereed at Baby Nationals all weekend. I spend 12+ hours indoors while 83kg junior men bitched at me for red lights.

Eating this dope ass dahl that I made.

Feeling a little stagnant at the moment. Would like to get out of the rut desu.

why does my shoulder hurt squatting low bar? pls hep me

who here /feels good/ about their lifts

>hurt SI joint last last week
>stopped squatting/deadlifting
>added in cardio with extra time
>able to concentrate on benching
>every rep feels perfect, form feels comfy, weight feels light
si joint pain is almost gone, can't wait to linear progress my skwats/diddlies with good form

a blessing in disguise

If you ever feel good about your lifts your goals are too low.

optimistic is a better word

>If i had to pick one, I would say more skilled people keep elbows down because it helps pin your shoulder blades back and down which makes them snug.

Thanks man, that's what i was thinking.

I have much bigger problems with my squat rn, i.e., lumbar hyperextension, so the elbows thing can wait. Like, after getting some input from people, it started to occur to me that I have been worrying so much about spinal flexion during squat that I really really hyperextend.

Also, I did my best to autistically monitor /plg/ until it was around 300ish replies this weekend so that i could include the survey in the new thread OP, but my autism wasnt 24/7 so i missed some thread OPs. ;_;

how was your weekend?

w3d1 cuckols 3x int med bech, The Press, bro shit

1 more week vacation then back to school

got durnk and went to a cookout with parents. also ID and shitposted

had whitefish w/ chowder, corn, potatoes

im ok. not that excited for school. scared of future, need to work on programming interview shit.

hbu?

Whoops forgot

I am having similar experiences right now coming off my bodybuilding bro stuff.

The high-rep work has done wonders for my work capacity. Actually being able to do things like brace properly for an entire set without fatiguing has been a really nice change of pace.

Daily reminder to do your reps.

>If elbows down feels more comfortable you'll drift there overtime

This is exactly what happened with me. I used to have my elbows way back when I squatted. I've slowly gotten them to the point where they're facing nearly straight down, and my hands are about a finger length from actually being on the smooth compared to when I started squatting lowbar they were outside the rings.

Why didn't you inform me of all this comfy
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FKVb_Q1O9H4

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg6-_xPwK34

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yykSHeVXD8I

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HV3zWSawJiw

Compound interest. Most powerful force in the world.

8/9

185/120/220

Missed 230 dead, dont know why; Ivehit it before .

Good enough for second place in 83s.

Some good stuff, there.

I have been spending the last week or so listening to random beat tapes on youtube while I tinker with peoples' programs and have found some dang comfy stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=eaR9KTknePE

youtube.com/watch?v=WXJYVyVclT0

youtube.com/watch?v=GSdYPkgCvtE

youtube.com/watch?v=pvloBjHsYyk

>tfw no instasync

Congrats friend!

Good job m8 :)

We migrated here.

kek they actually did that at one point. another one they did was hack into an old nokia cell phone to turn off and delete files on a computer that was in the same room.

is that it? that looks like nothing tBh

>no big 3 or big 3 variation
shit senpai
>Hoping I can come up with some healthy entertainment soon enough
shitposting on a Bangladeshi kitchen stove virtual market isn't healthy?

>squat bench dead
good lad. anything fun or nah?
giant burrito sounds dope. I had one of those yesterday. was great.
I hope you get over the ex gf thing. glad you have someone irl to talk to about it.

>Feeling a little stagnant at the moment. Would like to get out of the rut desu.
:( I hope you get out of it too. I bet getting yelled at by 18-23 years olds was a lot of fun too. when are you competing next? or are you just chillin now for a while?

not me

nice family, I love school tBh, gains are ezpz and I get a lot of freedom. it's nice to be a lot more in control and do what you want.
don't be too scared of the future man, it's not worth stressing over, especially with how much is out of your control. do what you can, and don't sweat the rest imo,

The main work anyway. Doing 210x5x5 on bench, 3x5 heavy cable rows, 3-5xF chins, 5x10 hammer curls, 5x10 db reverse flyes

This is so stupid . You have to give 101 percent all the time ?

That is le try harder meme after all

Come listen to comfy music in here with us, friends.

Socialize!

thinking of trappy chan makes my penis hard
>tfw you and trappy wont be a happy family
why lift

>ywn take her out on cute picnic dates

I know these are memes but what is with the Veeky Forums obsession with traps? I really don't understand and I've been on here for two years

>only two years
6.5ish now

>cant start a family with a tranny

trip on felipe

wew

I've done a VIDEO TIMESTAMP which is almost impossible to fake in 15 minutes and that's still not enough.

I don't really care though. You can think I'm trappy-chan if you want.

Sheiko advanced medium load (over 80kg):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Sheiko advanced large load (under 80kg):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

SHEIKO ILL W4D5
My last prep day, after that I'll test my 1RMs doing the first week of the IML comp cycle.

My love for Livia is no meme.
It IS real.

When you set up, it's useful to pull the scapulae down to get as much of an arch as you can.

But when the bar leaves the rack, focus on using your legs to maintain the arch. Keep the tension there throughout.

But lack of progress on the bench is usually just not enough volume or food. IIRC you just started sheiko? If that's the case, no need to worry about the volume, Sheiko is excellent for the bench.

Just eat well and try to improve your technique, your flexibility, and the use of your legs.

Watch some videos of Isley benching and try to imitate that. He has a very good set up and uses his legs really well to keep his back arched.
Also, Brett Gibbs. He has the best non-japanese bench technique imo, and he uses leg drive really well to help push the bar off his chest.

Hey, even if you are not Trappy, you don't happen to be from Brazil, right?
I wanted to talk to someone from here about somethings

i wish trappy was back just so you fucking orbiters would go away

Sheiko W1D3, hoping the plates will be an acceptable substitute for boxes on the DL.
working a bit and likely gonna go finish with gramps, grandma and uncle on Saturday on the pier
Not really, just ate a lot of food and played some CSGO with my friends
Just finished some General Tsos + chicken fried rice and am chugging down water since I feel dehydrated
Mostly just bored because of how complacent I've been recently. Instead of picking something to do and sticking with it I flip flop between things for 5 minutes each.

Listening to:

youtube.com/watch?v=6liAgg4SN88

she's the only trap for meeee
:)

>327 wilks
>giving advice

KEK

Livia can i suck you're benis?

Time to decide plg - which trip would you want to...

>hang out with

>have sex with (no homo)

>have coach you

>leave plg forever

What are some ideas for Self Improvement™ that I can do other than lift and eat right?

For the moment I feel like I have those two pretty well in check. I need something to inspire me, though, because right now Im becoming more obsessed with lifting than I think is healthy.

I was thinking that I would start reading more philosophy, at least as a start. But also I would greatly appreciate any other ideas.

(I know this is plg but I spend a lot of time online here and dont really know of another place to ask)

>philsophy
mah niqqa

What kind of philsophy you into?

Podcasts are rad. I'm a fan of 99% Invisible, Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and Radio Diaries among others.

>hardcore history

MYYYY

NIGGGAAAAA

daily max squat flying up, 190 bench for 8 reps.

405/330/455 JAN 1 CONFIRMED

Nonetheless, this is unironically the worst /plg/ OP ever. What the fuck.

Still, it holds some truth.

i saw you cheating on your taper.
weak. insolent. swine.

>
Im not really into any philosophy. I was just going to head to the library and pick out some stuff.

Weird feels right now. Have been incredibly bored with everything except lifting, and the trend is getting worse so I definitely need to branch out. But Im afraid of getting caught up in random hedonistic pursuits and just running in place without doing anything beneficial to anyone, let alone myself. To me it seems like the vast majority of.people are just focused on as much pleasure as possible and it seems kinda bleak. Id rather be autistic about it and enforce maximum Asceticism™ but as a child of the modern world, I dont really know how I could go about living a simple life with any level of fulfillment. I want to relentlessly self-improve just for the sake of it, but right now I dont really knkw in which direction to take that energy. Ive min maxed my """"athleticism"""" and diet as much as possible, and now I guess the next direction would be psychospiritual, so thats my plan of action. But from all this rambling the most obvious thing should be that Im completely lost and have very little direction in life and wish something would profoundly inspire me and so I make longwinded posts like this

Philosophy can be pretty hard to scale for beginners. I did a degree of it and read it every so often, and I still find it challenging. It is really broad too, so saying you want to study philosophy is almost like saying you want to study science - most people pick a discipline or two within it.

Does anything particular like ethics, epistemology, metaphysics, existentialism, political philosophy, formal logic, language, social philosophy, etc.?

Feeling unfulfilled and directionless, what do

Like I said, the best course of action seems to be just hitting the library and picking out whatever seems interesting. Mostly read more empirical stuff for my non-fiction so hopefully theres something magical that can inspire me in some Philosophy book somewhere.

Norsy
Norsy
Norsy
Isley

>hopefully theres something magical that can inspire me in some Philosophy book somewhere

I haven't found Philosophy inspiring in that way desu. I don't know anyone who has.

Best pick up something like Aurelius' Meditations or something. I don't really know.

Just rented a $50 motel and all im able to hear is bass speakers blaring through the walls of my room
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jesus
Boardshorts
Avon
Benchbro

>>hang out with
norsefat

>>have sex with (no homo)
pass

>>have coach you
Marcel

>>leave plg forever
SSB and Isley equally

>hang out with
trappy-chan
>have sex with (no homo)
livia
>have coach you
ms. cavalcanti
>leave plg forever
whoever hates trappy

I-I haven't had a coffee since that I swear nigga

Tommorow will be better ;(

How are you programming your "offseason"?

>Tommorow will be better ;(
tomorrow you'll drink instant.

tomorrow I'm working up to a max sumo single then doing some deficit conventionals. i've decided to not train a competition style deadlift for a while, and just work on bringing up my variants while my squat goes up to acceptable levels.

Just measured my femurs. Divided it by my height and it turns out I have a 24% femur to height ratio. Is that long or short?

It's on the shorter side - .26 is average.

Oh boy oh boy.

Turns out I have short arms too actually.

Bench and Squat world records here I come.