Have you been following the Olympics Veeky Forums?

Have you been following the Olympics Veeky Forums?
Anyways, I'm always amazed at how the human body can be shaped in so many different ways depending on the workout habits that you apply to it.

Now let's talk for instance at both the swimmer and the gymnastic body. Aside from the obvious features (broad shoulders, long arms and legs for swimmers; thick arms and legs, strong core for gymnastic body) I want to talk about height here.

Can exercise and workout really determine over genes your maximum adult height? I mean, of course if you swim and such you are more likely to be taller than if you hadn't; I am talking more about the Asians that you see taking part of these competitions, people well over 6 feet...It's not like if they hadn't swum they would be 2-3 inches smaller...I think they would be way shorterthan that...or?

If swimming makes such a big impact in your life height-wise, every country should make compulsory for their kids to take swimming courses!

Cheryl Haworth, perma-bulk mode

I don't think it makes much of an impact. Height and frame proportions are genetic.

Compare a marathon runner to a powerlifter. You can't tell me that's all "Height and Frame".

Tara Lipinski climb on my dick ;_;

You are incredibly stupid. It's kinda amazing.
Thinking swimming makes a person taller is the absolute pinnacle of bro-science.

Well, there's also a big difference in body composition, and that is influenced by activities. But people are going to be drawn to different sports based on their natural body type. People who reach the elite level in an sport reach that level because they were born with the ideal body shape for that sport.

Correlation=/=causation

Someone do the "5'11- 6" meme to Tara and Lisa

Do you think playing basketball makes you taller? Surely it must because all basketballers I see are at least 6 foot tall! The government should make basketball mandatory!

The reason Chinese swimmers are tall is NOT because they swim. They swim BECAUSE they are tall.

Christ, look at Jessica Howard's feet.

Tobey Gifford - Sport Aerobics - 5'3 118lbs

Shes on gear, look at that the muscularity.

You're looking at the wrong causation.

They are doing those activities because they're bodies are formed in a way that makes them better than everyone else, not that the activities changed their bodies.

Yeah that's very common for ballet dancers and gymnasts

Dear lord,

Thank you for white women and making me white.

-user

it's the olympics, everyone is on gear male and female

>They swim BECAUSE they are tall

These elite competitors start training since they are 5 years old or so...how can you tell at that age the maximum height this person will be?

Because a shit load of kids start swimming at 5 years old and only the best (and in swimming they are usually tall) go through to the Olympics. You don't see all the short guys who started swimming when they were 5 because they didn't make it competitively.
Also, Olympic scouts will often pick young kids based on what their parent's genetics.

Classic confirmation bias here.

Alright Lads Roll

Amy Acuff posed for playboy in 2004.

As said before, think about basketball. Do you think all 5 year olds playing basketball will grow up to be tall? Or do you think only the ones who grow up to be tall will still be playing basketball at age 20? It's nothing about the sport.

Please no el quatro

Rell

Pls dubs

The picture is not to scale and that really bugs me

>Always tall and slim as a kid
>Could have played any sport I wanted with full support of everyone around me
>prefered books and video games instead

I sometimes wonder what my life would have been like if I joined a team of some sort.

none of them thanks, I'm straight :^)

Ay

>wasting your dubs on a shitpost

Probably would have played a bit and then dropped out when you realised that you either weren't good enough to make it, gave up because it was too hard or got injured.
Do people really think that being tall and slim means you are instantly good at sports? How fucking delusional can you get??

sigh, roll. Gimme dat Cherly Haworth poundcake puss.

Jk

Nice dubs

lol

The gnome, number 2 from the left, is really cute. I want her, I want to scissor hard >.>

You're an idiot. These people are in the Olympics and good at their sports because of their height and proportions. The sports didn't make them that way. You think basketball makes your 6'8? It's just that people who are 6'8 are going to do better at basketball than those that are 5'8

rolling

I need Amy Acuff

Fuck.

God damn I would trample the trampoline chick. She is so thick and has that bitch face that says she hasn't been fucked good in years. I turned a lesbian that looked just like her recently. Fuck yea.

>of course if you swim and such you are more likely to be taller than if you hadn't
the olympics involves ELITE athletes in every sport which is biasing your understanding. tall and lanky people make better swimmers, swimming doesn't necessarily make people tall and lanky. i'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of avid manlet siwmmers, but they won't be on TV representing their countries in international competition

might as well

are you fucking retarded, these people dont look like that because they did the sport they just excel at the sport because their genes made them look like that

what a spaz

hol up you're sayin playing basketball won't make me blacker?

You misunderstand causality

they are built in such a way as to be optimal for their sport because, genetically speaking, they are naturally biologically built the best for their sport and it showed through training and qualifying over others

sorry, as it turns out nature continues to dick everyone's dreams

holy shit that black chick on the left is fucking uggo

Rolling

I've always been fascinated by the variety of body types and skills humans have developed. It's a shame some fat people have started using that concept to hide their own flaws.

I mean, damn, look at how specialized these people are. None of them can really out-do the others. Pretty much the definition of fitness, you know?

I hope I find a sport I like soon. It'd be cool to measure my strength in something besides pounds.

Rolling!

rollin

rolling brah

rill

Are you retarded? You do realize that the Chinese government combs the country looking for athletic freaks to funnel in to Olympic sports. And even if you didn't most people naturally fall in to the sport their bodytypes are best suited to because they find success more easily there.

ROLLL

Holy shit the one of the rights feet! Why would you do that to yourself?!

No fatty
No fatty
No fatty

hahahaHAHAHAHAHA

NOOOOOOOOOO

None of these chicks have tits

It's funny because at first it looks like the fatty is holding the basketball

rollin

in

Hahahaha

damn

How many of these girls are gonna get the bone from Olympic Chad by the time these events are over? They handed out 450k condoms and most nations only bring 150-300 Olympians

WITNESSED

I love how all the gymnasts and skaters etc stand posed compared to the rest of em who look awkward af

Olympic village always runs out of condoms

They party hard as

Please 2

Why does nobody ever bring a GoPro?

Here goes...

Oh lord, I'm sorry...

Svetlana is best waifu

roll

>Cheryl 5'9" 297 lbs
>Amy 6'2" 145 lbs
IDK lads its a tossup for me

I shall know no fear

Fem /PLG getting some action tonight

rollin

>The gnome
that's clearly a halfling user

I have a swimmers body to the point I thought I had marfans at one point.
Big broad shoulders, skinny, and very muscular back with long hands and big hands and feet

21 or trips please

you need athletic drive to win too

also muscle mass

Fucking trampoline

Being tall generally means that you have more potential depending on the sport. It gives you a slight advantage when your starting and a slight advantage when your elite. Makes all the difference when the bar for success is set to be ever so slightly better than your competition.

rawl.

sheeeit

>Tfw always been a manlet
>Tfw never considered the Olympics a possibility
>Tfw missing out on the biggest orgies this side of Bohemian Grove.

Anything but 4.

It's ok bro, manlets make the best gymnasts and figure skaters

Rolling.

Been swimming competitively on and off for nearly half my life, still 5'5 tho. Now I just do it to stay in shape cause i'll never go to the olympics

FAR RIGHT, WTF IS THIS SHIT
HOW ARE HER TOES NOT BROKEN?

best post in thread with actual science backing it up yet no replies

pls never change Veeky Forums

trips 5 or 2 pls
>dont judge

Now I aint no biologist but.

>your body has many different genes
>genes activate in response to environment
>a lot of genes activate in puberty
>therefore environment you spend early childhood in chooses your future genes, so if you fought a lot your body will respond by activating genes for stronger bones, if you had plenty of food to eat your body would modify your metabolism accordingly

Just a theory but could that answer your question about changing height OP?

they are user, they are...

Pls Tabitha Yim