Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,
I'm new to this shit. I read the sticky, but my flexibility is zero, and most training plans there consist of at least one of squat/ohp/deadlift, which I can't do, so I decided to go with full body routine every other day until I fix my flexibility. This is the list of exercises I made. Have I missed any muscle group? Or is something else wrong with it?

Flat barbell bench press (lower pecs)
Dumbbell curl (biceps)
Standing calf raise machine (calves)
Dumbbell shrugs (traps)
Wide grip lat pulldown (lats)
Incline dumbbell bench press (upper pecs)
Close grip barbell bench press (triceps)
Alternating deltoid raise (deltoids)
Leg press (quadriceps/hamstring/glutes)

I'm also doing negative pullups, since I can't do regular yet. Alternating deltoid raise (bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/alternating-deltoid-raise) looks really retarded, but I guess it hits the deltoid muscles better than just raises/reverse flyes. And I guess I could add hyperextensions for lower back?

What do you think?

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=se39rjOK-TQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>lower pecs
stopped reading there

>scooby said so :(

Technically the sternal head is the lower pec

Just squat, ohp, deadlift. I recall when I first started working out in highschool i tried to do a shitty self-made routine like you are doing and I got no where for the longest time. If flexibility sucks, start with just the bar and practice flexibility exercises. Start light and don't listen to people saying you should deadlift 3 plate after a month or two.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Clavicural and sternal head. Thanks for clarifying. As I said, I'm new to this, sorry for misinformation.

My deadlift looks literally like this f᠎a᠎m, I don't think it's good idea to force it. But I think I'll be able to do squats in a month or two, since my flexibility isn't that terrible there.

OHP is not flexibility problem, but it "clicks" hardcore in my shoulders when doing them, and it just "feels" not healthy/dangerous.

Mate, bench trains more than just your "lower pecs". Perhaps u could just do bench + dumbellrows and legpress as staple exercises and then some extra isolation work as you please. Also stop being a fat fuck and stretch.

I have that same problem when doing lateral raises, so I cut them out of my routine. Thankfully OHP is fine for me.

If you can't OHP it's not the end of the world, bench press and dips will take you plenty far. I would recommend you try to incorporate squats and diddlys asap, just start light enough to do them with good form.

The program you listed won't get you any results because it's got too many isolations and not enough compounds for a beginner. There's nothing wrong with isolations, but they're harder to progress in and don't produce as much growth as compounds. I reccomend you do bench press, lat pulldowns, dips, squats, and deadlifts in whatever split suits you.

Do you have some good article about the isolation/compound topic?

I can't do dips yet because of high bodyweight. But I'll add them as soon as I can (since close grip bench press feels weird).

I feel like I'll be able to do good form squats in a month, but diddys will be far longer thing, I think even 6 months at least. My flexibility is totally fucked, and have been since young age.

Also, wouldn't that king of training be short as fuck? I can do what I listed in hour and half (at least 3 sets of each). I feel I could do what you listed in 45 minutes.

Deadlifting really isn't a function of flexibility. I don't understand what the problem is. If you can grab the bar, you can do deadlifts, you just need good form.

What?

I can't do proper form because I'm not flexible enough. See the picture I posted. Am I missing something?

Nothing wrong with a short workout. Efficiency is another benefit of compounds.

Read about progressive overload and adaptation. There are a lot of good resources for beginners that talk about it. Starting Strength is good, I'm also a big fan of The Muscle and Strength Pyramid by Eric Helms

THAT IMAGE!!!!
I've been looking for that video, please tell me you have it.

Save it, it's all yours my friend :)

I'm gonna look into Starting Strength, thanks. Are there any objections to how they teach squat/deadlift there?

>powerlifting
top kek

SS teaches the squat and deadlift the best way for a novice to learn. Make sure you read the book and don't do whatever SS variation you find online.

No, Rip's form advice for everything except power cleans is excellent.

>plg.webm

aren't you supposed to bend your legs way lower?

Not the guy you were responding to but where can I learn good power clean form?

read the book if you feel like it, but Rippetoe's videos are terrible. there was a time where those 30-minute pieces of crap were the only the only easily-available video of lifts.
fortunately nowadays you have people channels like Alan Thrall and Candito who are actually concise yet informative

Is squat cues are godawful, his deadlift form is ok except for the whole le look down thing

Once you are at that point, you just straighten your back. Are you saying your back cannot be straightened? You are so inflexible that you are permanently hunched over like quasi-fucking-modo?

No, but my lower back won't bend any "lower", so if I straighten my back, I'm gonna go up, and not reach the bar.

Where is the tightness you feel? I'm betting it's your hamstrings.

Yeah, I think hip flexors are big part of the problem.

Ask /owg/

Neutral spine is good advice imo. So is hip drahve

Your hips should be high in a deadlift. It's not an inability to deadlift that's giving you problems, it's a lack of proper instruction.

Okay, I'm gonna ask some Veeky Forumsbros in gym to help me with my technique.

youtube.com/watch?v=se39rjOK-TQ
Check this out. Make a mental checklist of the setup.
1) Bar covers shoe laces
2) Grip the bar
3) Touch shins to bar, without moving the bar
4) Squeeze chest up without dropping hips or moving the bar forward

THANK YOU!!!!

I'll check it out, thank you.