Why all the self-loathing in r/fit? It's sad and disgusting

What the fuck is up with all the self loathing in this forum? Too many threads seem to be masochistic, especially with the whole "manlet" thing, the "dick size thing", DYEL or do you just fucking hate yourself and lurk?

For fuck's sake I didn't even know this whole "manlet" thing was a theme, though I'm familiar with the dick size shenanigans. The irony for me is that I'm 1,86m and 21cm dick and not only does my dick hurt most people. I see shorter dudes pick up chicks all the time. It's a non fucking issue and I always though of it thus until I came here for some powerlifting tips and found that 9 our of 10 posts on this board are some ridiculous shit about how the so called manlets shouldn't even try, or some cuckolding shit, dick size shit, I'm too ugly shit, I don't even know what else.

WTF is up

Board gets infaded by r9k tier faggots.

retard

This board has gone completely to shit.

There used to be actually good information circulated, a positive motivating atmosphere, and hilarious threads.

Now everyone is so fucking negative and whines about not having a gf. Like someone will post a picture of an absoluted shredded dude and there will always be people saying "I don't get whats so impressive. he's a DYEL". And I bet most of the people who post that shit are fatasses and skelly who are beyond self-conscious.

FUCK THIS PLACE

don't come back.

was always shit, just not as shit as it is now

back when people were posting about dumb shit like the glycemic index meme

go back to plebbit

anyone from the old days of Veeky Forums that was interested in being Veeky Forums has done it already and moved on. Some old people hang out in general threads, or pass by now and then. When they try to give advice it's a massive shit flinging from people who never worked out a day in their life or take the sticky as the bible, just not worth it. Everything devolves into "post a picture big guy" and when you finally do you have 8 retards nit picking you, but of course won't post their own picture. Kids tell me i look like shit on here when im 9% bf, cruise on test, and have been lifting for a decade. Then they turn around and tell me scooby is a natural 50 year old man that doesn't even use TRT.

i usually don't post here cus i haven't been lifting long enough to actually have something to contribute when fitness or cycling or anything of the likes are discussed (7 months of SS and counting).

i do visit this place from time to time because the women posted here are hotter than those on any other board.

i think people on this board are venting their personal problems here because there is no other forum for a man to vent his emotional issues. it's either the internet or in the bedroom with a woman.

the problem isn't that they are venting, the problem is that it still isn't "okay" for a man to be emotional in any public forums. i do like to read the "mental health" threads because people who actually lift acquire confidence and they have a basic understanding of devoting yourself to something, becoming passionate about something.

but i agree, the manlet / dick thing is fucking sad to read. if anyone of those people in those threads actually went outside they would see short guys slaying toptier pussy with their less than average dicks.

blog over i guess.

>r/fit

this is Veeky Forums mate, /r/fit is over at >>>/reddit/

I am one of the first posters on Veeky Forums. I used to love this board to death, it helped me loads in my life and I couldn't believe it. I used to forget I was on Veeky Forums because browsing here was so much fun and full of all sorts of interesting stuff. The best time for me was pre-sticky and just after the whole zyzz thing. I come here once every week now just because old habits die hard and rarely does a thread catch my interest. I guess though its what the people who frequent here want.

people keep saying its summer but its so much worse than last year or even a few months ago

coming here is a chore now

tyler?

As far as lifting competitively goes, I think qualifying for a meet is cooler than not qualifying, and lifting is cooler than not lifting. But then again, I’m the guy who thinks try-hard needs to be retired as a pejorative term (that’s another rant, though), so what the fuck do I know?….
Given how useless I’ve been today, I’m not going to do it justice. However, since tomorrow’s likely to be more of the same, and since I suspect the response will be “you don’t know what tryhard means” (probably true), I might as well get it over with. Let’s do this shit in point form:

– there’s nothing worse than being stuck playing team sports with people who aren’t working their asses off
– in the face of a cold and uncaring universe, tenacity is the most valuable form of strength, and learned helplessness is the most pernicious weakness
– if someone’s born with abilities they didn’t have to work for, we praise them as naturally gifted; if someone’s born with money they didn’t have to work for, we ridicule them as a trust fund baby
– untapped potential is fool’s gold
– “I could do ____ if I tried” is a statement of cowardice, not confidence
– lack of effort or commitment does not excuse or lessen the severity of a failure; rather, it means you have failed twice
– if you’re an asshole, and you set world records and win gold medals, congratulations: you’re still an asshole

I’m not making excuses for vanity, arrogance, attention whoring, poor priorities, or any other pathological behaviour. Quite the opposite; I’m proposing that we target the pathological behaviour directly, rather than taking the lazy way out.

Now here’s the flipside:

Picture someone you care about. Imagine that such a person exists, if need be.
Now picture them trying to do something that is difficult for them. Would you rather they approach the task with enthusiasm or ironic detachment?
And if they were to succeed, would you rather they derive joy from this effort, or discard it as being vain or inconsequential?

I think there’s enough defeat and misery in this world without us letting the air out of our own tires.

people like to make themselves feel better by making other people feel worse

it's pretty dumb imo

>i'm 6 feet tall and 8 inch penis
>i dont get why you guys are so upset
troll or retard

>21cm

wut

B O D Y

D Y S M O R P H I A