Grossly obese femanon here

Grossly obese femanon here

Is cycling on a stationary bike gonna help me burn fat/lose weight, or is it a meme? I'm asking because my friend told me it's shit and I should lift instead, but I don't have hantles to lift at home and I'm positive even if I had, I'd be lifing incorrectly or something.

stick to a calorie deficit
it will be easier than cycling for hours and the binging on pizza and ice cream

Yes, if you work at it. Don't just trundle along at 2mph. You should drenched in sweat when you hop off that goddamned thing.

Also count calories and eat at a deficit calculated from your BMR.

keep riding the stationary, but ignore the "calories burned" estimate on the stationary. Don't account for them in your deficit/diet.
t. formerly grossly obese user

yeah, I do it already, but I just want to excersise a bit too.

>stationary bike
You won't make it.

if your goal is to lose weight than the stationary bike is okay
but if you dont have dumbbells nor a stationary bike i wouldnt really buy the bike

a caloric deficit is going to make you lose weight
training will help you with your body composition
stationary bike is not optimal but its okay

read the sticky asshat

>hurr ima gurl durr
READ THE FUCKING STICKY

Go eat some nigger dick flavoured pudding

Yes, eat at a deficit and exercise. Don't count your exercise as an excuse to treat yourself or eat extra. Follow your diet strictly no matter how much exercise you do in a day. If you're very obese, some forms of exercise may be harmful to you, like running or doing squats. You can buy some 10lbs dumbbells and do simple arm exercises or carry them as you walk. Get to a more mobile/less obese frame and then you can start adding in other exercises.

Thing is, if you start lifting, you will have a higher than normal strength from the start due to your body actually having some muscle from lugging your literal fat ass around all day.

>burn fat/lose weight
90% food
10% exercise

Exercise will make your hunger worse. But in the long term will improve your health a lot. Decide for yourself. Also swimming is much better.

>swimming would be better

I'm sure it would, and I enjoy it more too, but people at the pool laugh at me and it makes me a tad nervous to ever go swimming again

READ THE FUCKING STICKY YOU DISGUSTING CUNT

im glad they fucking laugh at you, you're a disgusting whale in your natural habitat

read the fucking sticky before you make retarded fucking threads like this

Most important thing is to eat less. Count your calories otherwise you will just eat like the fat ass you are and wonder why you don't lose weight

what sticky's gonna help me? I know my bmr and I stick to calorie deficit, I eat stuff low in fats and carbs and rich in proteins. What's more to know?

Cycling is still better than nothing. It's how I started my fitness journey to be honest family.

So yeah, do that, but make sure you work out your diet. Greek yoghurt will become your best friend. As will oatmeal (steel cut only). Get breakfast right and the rest of your meals will naturally follow. DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST REEEEE.

Other than that, don't complain. Us recovering fatties have all been through it, and your journey is no way harder than anyone else's. good luck.

if you already understand calorie deficits then why the fuck are you making this thread?

I'm sorry, people suck. The stationairy bike will be good though. Do it an hour three times a week and you will notice a change for the better.

>What's more to know?

All the other shit in the sticky.

just kill yourself. you already know the answer to the question you're asking, you're just trying to get the attention you don't get in real life from faggots on Veeky Forums. the world would be a better place if your unattractive, weak-willed, disgusting self wasn't part of it. i hope you die, you pathetic excuse for a human being

ss+gomad

Who hurt you so badly, user?

yes that would work. Running might be too hard on your joints. Light weights would help too.

But diet is 90% of it.

fuck off you god damn whale

Then just give up. Stay at home and be fat.

>can't wake up

>pool where people laugh at others
go see a nutritionist if you suck at eating, also stop going to public places with autistic faggots, I'm not in the US but I pay like $75 a month in a commercial gym at my country and it includes a swimming pool shit's cash, there are chubs and obeses and no one gives a fuck unless they're idiots that are not even trying to swim, if you're actually training you're two busy doing your meters and styles and have no time to check out on others other than when catching a quick breath, when you dive in or when you jump out of the pool

Worst thing you can do on fit is admit you're female, unless you've already made it and are posting pics. Most of the fags came to this board because of the frustration of not getting women, and this is the only place they can vent.

>Is cycling on a stationary bike gonna help me burn fat?
Yes. Even a single pedal is better that nothing. Any physical activity is going to take energy to do, meaning you'll burn calories to do it.

Cycling regularly will definitely help you lose weight faster as it compliments your caloric deficit from your diet. Doesn't matter how much you do, how hard you go, it'll all help.

But, the more often you do it, and the longer you do it for, the bigger the impact it will have. Also, if you go harder, not only will your heart and lungs thank you, but you'll be able to do more work in less time.

Do not ever "reward" yourself after exercise though, I wish I could say it was completely pointless, but it's not even that good. If you burn a 300 calories from cycling 3 times a week, and reward yourself with 500 calories of junk food every day because you'll exercise it off, you'd be much better off doing neither. Rewarding yourself is the dumbest, laziest excuse for cheating there is.

Don't start doing HIIT or spinning classes or other shit like that, they're geared towards health and fitness, and while they'll obviously burn calories, putting huge amounts of effort in for a short period of time is not as good as putting in a reasonable amount of effort for a long time for burning calories/fat loss.

Thank you! My reward system looks like that: once in a while I eat a 0% fat youghurt instead of a 3 hardboiled eggs for breakfast, or something like that. They have roughly the same amount of kcals, although eggs without yolk are of course healthier and richer in proteins but youghurt keeps my craving for sweets at bay so it's all good (I hope).

I made this thread just to make sure that this cycling will help - even if just a tiny bit. My friend who's a fit guy kept bitching that it will not help me at all amd it's a waste of time, and I just wanted to check with Veeky Forums community whether it's true or not, even though logically any workout should be better than none, but yeah.

> Why would I learn about shit I'm not familiar with? I shouldn't be expected to put in actual work!

Women, everyone.

> Lower the sword and step away from the steed!

I was a lardarse. I kept to a caloric deficit and walked up and down the stairs in my house 100 times a day. As I lost weight, I started to jog up and down the stairs. Then I started to run up and down. Before long, I was a skinnyfat fucker. Went out mountain biking every day. Became skinny, but with overdeveloped thighs. Started lifting, and became fit. Don't put in the effort? You won't get far. Weight loss is a sprint, don't believe the memes about it being a marathon. Fat people tend to get their motivation to do things in spikes, and that's why they're fat. When you've made a significant change already, it's easier to carry on.