/plg/ - powerlifting general

If someone else made a thread a couple seconds before me and everyone posts in that thread I'm gonna be so mad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ESjESspWWKU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGyKg2fWehU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qiMaOmDtaYI
youtube.com/watch?v=6tjbCUcCRm4
youtu.be/jLtfcbsZFZA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kQSWHkZp4mU
youtu.be/u9Dg-g7t2l4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6twHXYEBY
youtube.com/watch?v=FiqP0b77phs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdRzmKUGrN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I HAVE A COLD AND ITS A HARD DEADLIFT TODAY TOMMOROW AND ALL MY MUSIC IS BORING ME

PLEASE POST MUSIC YOU LISTEN TO WHEN PRing

Yey I didn't have to do it.

I just had veggie sausage and mash with a head of broccoli and now I'm too full and lazy to start a thread.

Cool, how interesting.

no one had to do it Tbh
it was only page 4

youtu.be/ESjESspWWKU

A little generic but its my jam.

Listen to this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGyKg2fWehU

I remember when I first listened to this, it was a nice summer day, the window was open and s fresh breeze came in and sake to the floor, refreshing against the hairs of my legs. I sat in my flower patterned arm chair, which my laptop on the side table. My legs up on the leg rest, which had padding and a cotton over top.

It was mid day and the curtains were half shut, allowing the perfect amount of light to come up, to scenically light the room which leaves a warm feeling inside.

The song was absolutely beautiful, I really enjoyed his rendition of a timeless classic. I found myself disappointed at the length however, but I seem to get some satisfaction still at re watching the video.

Thanks for reading my blog.

I find your taste in music quite a led down, the song wasn't energetic and didn't get me excited like I expected. I had more sarifscfion from ending the video than listening to it.
It reminds me of my 11th birthday party when I asked for a the original Nintendo DS and my parents had told me they'd gotten me some thing special that year. It was a mellow mid winters day, the sun was out but the atmosphere cold. I remember sitting around the table early morning in my pyjamas, the cold cartpless floor beneath ,y feet felt good, and almost heart warming because it was a feeling I felt often and reminded me of home. The room was brightly lit for early morning and I was very excited, the vibrant shade of the sun seemed to reflect upon my emotions.
I remember however my parents coming down with a large box and handful of cards. They made me open all the cards first and read them aloud, which I did not enjoy as my young mind was racing at the thought getting to open the box. As soon as I got to open the box I couldn't contain myself any longer, I ripped apart the blue and red birthday boy wrapping paper and flipped open the box lids, which had no pattern other than the brown cardboard used to make the box, and to my shock and horror inside wasn't a 3ds but instead a dead puppy.
My father then handed me a shovel and told me to start digging, I asked him why as tears rolled down my face and he told me my present this year was the harsh reality of life.
We dug the hole in our back yard until lunch time where I sat in the kitchen, head down on the table, arms to my side, and listened to the songs playing on the radio, of which this song came on
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qiMaOmDtaYI

Ever since then I've quite liked that song

>(You)

Just kidding. I really enjoyed all o this

>first ohp amrap attempt
>155x0
;-;

Did 5x5 squats today. Felt like the squat fairy sprinkled her dust over me as the weight on the first three sets literally flew up. Been so long since I've had a good workout.

My question is: The weight somehow felt very light and I was very surprised. I accelerated through the entire movement and the bar sort of jumps off my back as I lock out very fast. Are you supposed to do this?

Sort of like this but a little more jump
youtube.com/watch?v=6tjbCUcCRm4

Does the bar ever fly off your back during light sets? Or do you just lock out softly? Opinion on this?

;-;

F-fuck OHP anyway it shit

Gonna give it another go in 10 minutes. I literally did the warm ups, including 140x3, with no issue. Fucking bullshit.

>complaining about an above 1pl8 ohp
>at your training age
stop triggering me

Well, at least you can do that.

My OHP goes like this when I try increase:

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Nope.

i just finished my last exam. im finally done with classes.

You and I just both need to try harder.

More bodybuilding work boi

youtu.be/jLtfcbsZFZA

Reminds me of when my Ferber use to beat me and I'd pretend to like it in the hopes he leave me alone but he'd just end up beating me harder because he thought I was a fsggot so one day I tried running and I was caught an hour later by a group of young boys who my tether payed to find me, they ruffled me up a little bit and the eldest boy made me suck his genitals, and ever since that day I've been questioning my sexuality. I felt violated and couldn't trust anyone for years to come, my homosexual thoughts lead me to defiant websites. Which my father found in my search history on my 18th birthday and he beat me so hard I almost bled to death, my crying mother tied strips of old cotton cloth around my wounds and gave me whatever drugs she could find, she said I couldn't go to the hospital otherwise my father would find out and kill us.
These events struck me as odd even back then when my young malleable mind didn't realise the actions of my father. I would honestly say it stunted me development as a young adult and I haven't been able to connect with other people since. Even now sitting in my apartment I get nervous just at the sight of my computer, it makes me shake and I'm still paranoid my father will beat me as he rolls over in his grave.
Even after how my father treated me I still visit his grave sometimes and I look at his tombstones, with words that have already faded away, and I wonder what life would have been like if he was capable of compassion and emotion. I sometimes dug up the dirt around the grave little by little each day, in the hopes that nobody notices and one day maybe I can see the face of my father again, even if it is the hollow eyes of his skull that look back at me. The temptation is too strong for my damaged mind and his abuse has made me a weak and malleable adult, with the mind of a child.

It begins tomorrow. Reps for Jesus.

Stop linking me this shit band, funny enough this reminds me of a story of my father

too short didnt read

Can you tell me why all the test on my phones has gotten bigger I can't figure out what changed

tfw got 150x5 last week. I don't even train OHP. My least favorite lift.

What's your bench?

Urr nurr muh ferber bert muurrr

How does it feel to have shit opinions

Friend

only 270 lol

3 attempts in and still nothing. I'm not leaving this gym until I hit 155x1

I just saw the biggest spider ever it was like the size of my entire hand, I could see each individual leg in amazing detail, all the bumps rigids and hairs. My entire body is compulsating after having to get my room mate to kill it.
I imagine there is more as the spider looked like it was carrying 300000 children, I bet they're all around me and they crawl in my skin while I sleep. All I can feel right now are arachnids crawling all over my body and the spider sacs between my teeth.
I can not stop shaking at the idea of a spiders presence.

I recon this emotional trauma formed when my father use to beat me, he would force spiders in my mouth and lock me in the basement which was full of spiders. I'd beg and scream and cry all night and he wouldn't return for 3 days, each time I would have already blacked out in a pool of my own excrement.
My father didn't feed me like normal children, he'd force an orange tube up my nose and pour gravy down it while my mother strapped me to the chair. All I would eat under his roof my gravy and chicken broth, and I was very malnourished as a child and I've kept this bad habit even today.
Gravy and chicken broth is a comfort food for me as I lay in the fetal position as the spiders walk all over my body.

actually havent tested my ohp in a heck of a long time. maybe it's higher than yours :^)

it might just not happen homie. don't hurt yourself.
get some microplates and try for 152.5x1

Quality post memeralda.

You have retardedly strong shoulders then, your bench is pretty much tied with mine, at least in my current state.

Thanks for the vote of confidence

Wouldn't be surprised

5/3/1 doesn't work that way

Kek you know I believe in you. I just really like spongebob.

Once the brain fog clears the memes will improve.

Now this is what I call music
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kQSWHkZp4mU

im thinking of competing in 2017.
is gnuckols 28 free programs good stuff to do to focus on pl? i was tinking 2x squat 2x dl 2x bench doing a schedule like
>monday: squat bench
>tuesday: Deadlift
>thursday: bench
>saturday: squat dl

Just spent solid 30 minutes pushing against the back door to make it finally open, kek.

I didnt break through until i put on wrist wraps on so my fucking wrist doesn't hurt and hold me back.
Now i can shitpost, yay

>wanna do sheiko 4 day
>20 week commitment
>applying for jobs, traveling, interviews, anticipated over the next 3-8 months

Wat do

Do the 3x int med bench. Best bench program i've ever done.

Nice blog faggots

This is really good

This is also good

>warming up to 155 x 0 with 140 x 3
Y tho

You're a good lad but I don't understand this meme program you are doing

It's pen and tellers 5/3/1, it's magic.

Just how it be. Technically it's a working set, but I consider anything that isn't the amrap a warm up.

Just push it with your legs, I added 40kg to my overhead press in one day doing this

You're not trying hard enough.

Giving a 4th shot in a few m8. Core doesn't want to work right either for whatever reason.

youtu.be/u9Dg-g7t2l4

I would honestly just wait 10 minutes or more if you had other shit to do if you are dead set on it, then I would try it, and if you can't get it, push press it FUCK IT YOLO

This is shit

Do you wear a belt?

I think it's about time you drop your training maxes and work back up. At least for OHP.

Try it 15x

I've been taking 8ish minute rests between attempts. This time almost 20.

Yes. It's feeling a little loose too, bizarrely enough

If I don't get this attempt, I will.

Maybe your cut is catching up with you. Tighten that belt lad

Things I want:
>a strong overhead press
>Large spinal records
>large lats
>large calves

Things I hate doing
>overhead pressing
>calve raises

Things I can't do in my program
>wide grip deadlifts

Things that won't grow
>my lats

ZEERROOOO ;-;
Couldn't even lock it out from push pressing the damn thing.

Shoo shoo Latless Larry

Novice or intermediate programs?

i prayed to the strongman gods and brian shaw told me if you do it one more time you'll get it for sure.

Sorry buddy. I'll try not to rub my OHP gains in your face when I do my first volume cycle.

Pretty sure it's not happening lad. Triceps are absolutely fried. Consequences of underrecovering, the hellish accessory work, and caloric deficit. Next cycle will be better.

>haven't trained core since some time last year
>ab rollout max was 25 last year
>tried it today
>got 25
>got cocky
>tried ab rollouts from standing
>got 2
>strained lower abs
>can't get out of bed

And also the thick ass spinny bar I'm forced to use, but that's minor compared to the rest of it.

intermediate

Sucks laddo

Maybe you'll hit it next time when youre not cutting and eating enough to recover?

Going to gym now, going to get stoned later before bed. Life is good, lads.

I haven't done a drawing in forever

Post something to draw, preferably people

Kekked

Abs are a bitch

>cutting for months
>gains are finally starting to dry up
>WADS HABBENING

There should be no reason I couldn't have hit it today, did 145x3 last week and 150x2 last month. 1 rep should have been in the cards. But I'm just too fried from Saturday, I think, along with other stuff. But yeah, hopefully the accessory work goes better. At least next week is a deload.

This song made me think of you

youtube.com/watch?v=FiqP0b77phs

And now my front delt is acting up when benching. Might have to skip that too.

This song made me think of you

DEAD END
E
A
D

E
N
D

You know it, pal

KEK it's the same. I wasn't sure but it didn't disappoint.

Top form

!!
I know a girl who looks just like this

sounds like my day :) habby 4 u
CYOOT

Fucking delete this. Don't post these pics of her, she's already gone, there's no need.

Something that allows for inconsistent performance. 5/3/1 with a proper training max, maybe. RTS is probably a better choice if you can handle that type of training.
Can you lift on any day of the week?

realistically yes why?

Great start to this week. Hopefully tomorrow goes less shitty

Is her name Livia by any chance?
Don't know what you're talking about, that's just some cute random brazilian grill i found while surfing teh intrawebz.

Why don't you try a carb refeed, lad? It might be just what you need after 8-12 weeks of caloric deficit

I think RTS would be fun except that Mike t says you should have a Long time of experience with rating RPE and doing fatigue %s. Befor you do it.

Maybe TSA would be better?

Already did, Friday and Saturday.

no it's Leange

>amrap bench at 250
>3 reps
>guys I do 250 3x5

Nn

Leange Cavalcanti?

Hey this music composition reminded me of you
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdRzmKUGrN8

Please respond