Are macro ratios bullshit?

Are macro ratios bullshit?

When i eat ALOT of carbs i feel great, have a shit ton of energy and get constant boners

Yes, you need enough protein for muscle. Enough carbs for energy. Enough fat for hormone regulation.

You don't magically need more because you up your calories.

40,30,30 has been outdated for awhile.

I know that, but are the ratio recommendations between the three useless?

10:45:45 is the only ratio you'll need

They're not complete bullshit, but you will be fine if you get enough protein.

>get enough protein
>get enough fat
>add in carbs, or lower carbs if you're cutting to meet your calories
don't really need to over complicate it more than that

Nah, didn't get lean until I started tracking.

Pray please share your superior wisdom...

Same here, tracked using myfitnesspal meme app.

No better advice in the fitness world right now than macros OP, They trump almost every thing eles.

Not bullshit as some chinese nigger dick flavoured pudding

What ratios do you guys follow?

Today I went over my macros for fat by 27g, what will happen?

Would the best ratio be:
0.8g of protein per lbs of weight. (or something like that)
Then for the rest, half carbs and half fats?

over ur maintance, surplus or cut?

work out Protein, work out Fat
Then fill the rest of ur callories with carbs
Protein = maintain muscle growth

Maintenance.

Then you will gain a very tiny amount of fat. (VERY TINY)

how do you calculate how much fat you need?

if you dnt want to gain anything and still have callories left take it from carbs and you can save urself that fat gain

that depends on who you ask honestly there are many diffrent nurtional experts with diffrent veiws.
I used "The Harris-Benedict Equation" for about a year and now im trying out "The Katch-McArdle Formula". The katch method is ment to take in to account lean body mass as it as diffrent requirements than normal fat.
iv been doing it for a week now but it does seem alot harsher than the benedict method.

I stand by the Harris Benedict, its solid I made gains during my cut on it, quite signicant gains while losing fat.

Minimum is 0.25 g/kg of body mass.

Similarly, eating significantly less carbs than protein can fuck up your testosterone levels. Low-carb works for cutting fat, but it's not a great idea for maintenance. Bulking you absolutely want to load on the carbs.

45 p 30 c 25 f it's probably best to work it out based on your own weight and needs. I'm eating a for a slight caloric deficit with 1.3g protein per lb of bodyweight.

Get back at it tomorrow. Make it a rare occurrence not a regular thing.

yep, this right here. set your cals, get your tein, and otherwise just listen to your body

What about fat for bulking?

once you have a minimum for essential fatty acids, all that matters is kcals

What's an ideal minimum for essential fatty acids, just the .25g/kg?

40p/25c/35f, but if I do cardio or play a sport on that day I'll just eat as many carbs as I want

>all these people advocating ridiculously high levels of protein

RIP your kidneys.

If you're looking to gain mass, 25p/45c/30f is very good. If you're looking to cut, 35p/35c/30f is what I'd go with.

Macros are such a simple component of your diet that it astounds me that people have so much trouble with them.

Eat A LOT of fiber. If you want to feel satiated, do it through fiber. Every other macro should not be eaten in such quantities that you feel stuffed. This is why pizza is so bad, this is why McDonalds and fried chicken is so bad. It's the exact opposite of what an ideal meal is: High fat, carbs and protein with a small amount of fiber.

Eat a small to moderate amount of protein daily. If you're not doing strength training, err on the side of small, if you are eat a moderate amount of protein throughout your day.

Eat a small to moderate amount of carbs. Aim for complex carbohydrates, though simple sugars are fine before an intense workout.

Eat a small amount of fat. Some fats are very good for you in small amounts. Fats from avocados, fish, eggs et cetera. However, fats from things like red meat and most cooking oils should be avoided, though occasional indulgences won't harm you.

That's it. In fact, even that's too complicated. You can make it this simple:

Eat real food, make sure you daily portion of meat is no bigger than your hand, eat mostly plants.

Also, there are a few principles at work here (just because it helps some people understand).

Fiber is regulatory. It helps control insulin levels, blood pressure, cholesterol and, of course, digestion. It also has psychological benefits of helping control your appetite.

Protein is structural. Muscle is built from one thing and one thing only: Protein. You can't build Muscle from fat, and carbohydrates only serve to aid in fueling the process that leads to protein being made into muscle.

Carbohydrates are fuel. If you eat carbohydrates, you either need to use the fuel or accept it will become body fat. Carbohydrates fuel everything. Most physiological functions can be energised by burning fat stores, hence why PSMFs are so trendy and work to lose weight. However, the brain NEEDS glucose. It just needs it. You should assume any fat going to the brain is going there for structural reasons.

I like to tell clients that fat is a medio-nutrient. You shouldn't eat as little as a micro-nutrient, nor should you eat as much as a macro-nutrient. Healthy fats don't necessarily go straight to your waistline. All neuronal activity requires fat for insulation, so fat is not only a way for your body to store energy, but it's also used to create structures. The connective tissue between the two hemispheres of the brain, for example, is almost entirely made of fat.

How do I possibly get this huge amount of protein without drinking protein shakes?

You can't.

FOUR SCOOPS BOI!

I go on a 70P28F2C macro. Am I fucking myself?

Nah, you're good brah

>Broscience the post

Make a good diet.

cant the body use fat for energy if i cut carbs

is keto a meme?

30, 30, 40 is fine. If you stick to that, you'll be getting enough protein to build muscle as long as you're consuming enough calories overall to support muscle growth.

It's fine. Just don't get all evangelical about it.

Yes.

What's bad about beans?

How come melk is a no but cheese is a yes?

Plain yogurt

Keto is an effective diet for some people but it isn't magic. Personally I think the hardest part is that it's unsustainable if you're eating with other people. It's like autism the diet in the eyes of normies.

Milk has sugar and therefore carbs (from the lactose). Cheese doesn't really.

Yes. I've been eating 97% fat, 2.5% carbs, and .5% protein and I've gotten good gains

by not being vegan

most of you retards are eating to much protein and are going to fuck up your kidneys by overwhelming them and you will start to piss out the extra protein and have kidney decline

it can but u shouldnt eat more fat for it. up the protein to save muscle

it is. paleo is not tho. lectins are real shit and u of course shoudlnt eat indrustrial products but thats common sense. but again, its about macros. paleo people fuck up the macro ratios so they become fat and weak. fatty liver instead of overall grain fatness where they end at. considering fruits and vegetables are mostly sugar and dont count as carbs. potatos high gi. so gotta be smart about it.

anything man made is no including cheese

if u mean cutting complex carbs with keto, then its really great way to loose fat. it u mean eatin more fat, then thats retarded

u would get better gains with more pro and or carbs

theres nothing wrong with high fat

sure

if u dont mind gettin fat