youtube.com/watch?v=BiAhXddtPLc
youtube.com/watch?v=OGi5jvaShBA
instagram.com/p/BDe5DnuQmky/
instagram.com/p/BBWw2yEwmpe/
youtube.com/watch?v=cWtvCGCYbYc
youtube.com/watch?v=TzV4EZb2NMs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes and yes

I don't even know what a meme is anymore.

Life.

resistance is resistance

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=BiAhXddtPLc

If being able to do that is a meme, then yeah, body weight is a meme

Looks like a meme to me.

Bodyweight will get you skinnyfat at best.

a meme it is, then

Not a bad meme as nigger dick flavoured pudding

I got a question:

I'm on a military base and I have a very tight schooling schedule. So after my classes, I go to the gym to try to do SS. And it is a fucking mad house. All the benches and squat racks are taken and it's not uncommon for them to finally be open 15 minutes before closing.

Would I get good strength and size gains if I ONLY did bodyweight chins/pull ups and dips on the pull ul and dip bars outside? Just do sets after sets until I'm burnt out?

It would be better if you dod progressions and got stronger.
Lol
Its a good meme. You can get a very strong and aesthetic upper body with bodyweight training.

bodyweight. take it with you wherever you go.
warm up all the time. exercise anywhere.
transferrable skills. etc

Doing a ton sets of pull ups and dips with different variations until you are too fatigued to keep going isn't good? What would be ideal then?

moving up to harder variations of those moves, like one arm pushups and such. thats what a progression is

harder exercises >>> high reps of easy exercises

Train like you would train with weights. Do you do bench press untill you are fatigued for ever set? No. You add weight and do your sets.
Same thing with bodyweight except instead of adding weight you do harder variations for example go from pull ups to archer pull ups etc etc.
Training till fatigue isnt a bad idea but your whole workout cant revolve around that.

You could progress for quite a while learning to pistol squat holding weights, strength scales differently when you only using one leg, and single arm negatives once pullups aren't challenging enough.
Planches are pretty neat

My wrists fucking whenever I try to do anything. Even pushups, I have to use my fists.

I just tried to do this and I failed miserably. Really impressive core strength he has.

Hitler dubs confirm

He is a manlet so there's not too much of a body to lift. I'd say between 5'5" and 5'7"

Planche has very little core involvement and has kore shoulder involvement more than anything.

Any recommended routines for body weight training?

Yes and bad

>bodyweight is a bad meme
>gymnasts only do upper body calisthenics
>not combining weights and bodyweight training

nice excuse, faggot

What would an intermediate routine look like if that's beginner?
It includes progression up to some hard shit.
>Pic not related

Combining them is okay, but unnecessary if you goal is to get bigger and stronger

>implying bodyweight training can't get you big

>Believe's everything an interview on mens health says
>Calisthenics for 2 years bro and I'm this big
>Forgets to mention he's been training since he was a kid, genetically gifted, at the top 1% of his game and has taken substances.
>Calisthenics tho

Why is it you midgets are so easy to trigger

Idk why it says beginner. The progresssions can be applied to pretty much any level.
Ive been training calisthenics for a bit over a year. I dont look like a gymnast of any kind but i think i look pretty good.

Kek. This buzzword has gotten out of control.

>Posting a creep shot of your neighbor from a two way mirror

I've been lifting for a year and am thinking about switching to bodyweight or some hybrid.

Kek'd
Up to you familia. I have lifted before for a bit but i didnt like it much not did i get very far. The way i see it the more you enjoy your training the more progress you'll make.

>t. 5'8"

I used to enjoy it, but now it's become a bit boring. Doing human flags seems more exciting to me.

Yeah its one of the reason i switched. You do the same movements in the gym over and over and just add weight. Bodyweight training is almost like a game. Every move has a beginner version and as you get stronger you start doing harder variations. Thats how i see it at least.

Do you properly stretch your wrists and forearms? That was my problem for a while

youtube.com/watch?v=OGi5jvaShBA

Body weight fitness is a true meme.

Your mom's asshole is a meme, and I fucked it last night.
Now fuck off and go use google, faggot.

A meme that happens to be used in martial arts, military and pretty much any sport that required athleticism.

Did Ivan make it?

Is Daniel Vadnal natural? His body is basically what I want.

Almost every fitness program/sport uses some form of bodyweight exercise
>Martial Arts/ Fighting sports
bodyweight exercise
>Military training
bodyweight
>Gymnastics
Advanced bodyweight
>Bodybuilding
>Oly Lifting
>Powerlifting
>Yoga, Football, Soccer, Hockey, AFL, Rugby,Basketball, Track & Field, etc, etc
>even CrossShit
Not realising that a mixture of weightlifting and body weight exercise is the best approach to overall health and fitness when it comes to strength/resistance training.
>So you've never done a pull up user? tell me more about how body weight is a meme
Anyone who says bodyweight is a meme is a DYEL newfag who comes onto this board angry that he lacks to upper body strength to even move his curvy™ body

So it's the primal meme?

100% natty
His older brother
>Those Vadnal genetics
instagram.com/p/BDe5DnuQmky/
instagram.com/p/BBWw2yEwmpe/

But you have to take into consideration he's been training bodyweight for over 8 years and is an incredibly knowledgeable guy. He's even certified in sports science and phyiso. Takes his training and diet very seriously and has great genetics. It's one of the reasons he's so popular. There are tonne of very skilled bodyweight youtubers who have worse/smaller physiques that can do that same stuff he can but no where near as popular because they simply lack the genetics to achieve what Daniel has (he's even bigger than his older brother because he's been training longer and more educated, he does coach his brother though).

But that shouldn't stop you from aspiring. Go achieve your natty limit.

My life is a meme desu.

Neolithic Meme.

The one thing i have noticed about bodyweight training is that people have different results hypertrophy wise. People who genetically have a lot of relative strength seem to be able to do crazy shit while not putting on a lot of muscle and vise versa.

Thing is, you have to keep on doing a shitload of sets of regular pull ups, less so dips. You don't have this issue with push ups, but regular pull ups need constant maintenance of form and quantity if you want to stay in the high rep, high set, low rest ranges.

Also the majority of people who go into bodyweight exercise simply don't eat enough. Most of them like to stay lean and small because it makes it easier to keep progressing. Not a lot of people bulk while doing bodyweight so they just lack the calories to grow.

You would think bulking hard while doing bodyweight would grow adequate muscle. Increased resistance and all since you are adding weight

It's a meme cause you can use more weight lifting. It is also not a meme cause you can get strong using no weight.

>no weight
The human body doesnt defy gravity as far as i know.

That's my issue with body weight. You will be toned, you will be strong, but baby muscles stay nice and lean unless I do about 100 of everything every day.

I just pick up the bar a few time and low the gains do show. Just need to eat. I am out of protein other than tuna and eggs, rice and burger.

>you forgot to make your steaks so they went bad.

If you are doing about a 100 i suggest doing harder variations.

you may try reading again dingus

I've been doing nothing but bodyweight for the past 2 years and I feel like I hit a wall a while back

just bought myself some dumbbells to try something different for once

Then you're doing it wrong

>meme cause you can use more weight lifting

That's why progression exists, numb nuts.

How will one get stronger by using no weight? That is literally impossible.

Is the routine in a good one to go by for someone who's been lifting for a while? Or is the r/bodyweightfitness one + squats/deadlifts enough?

What are the best resources for bodyweight training?

I think weight and height is considered a factor in calisthenics.
I've been lifting for years and i'm relatively lean at 215 lbs, 6'3".
I've started doing calisthenics to gain more control over my body (and honestly to learn all the cool party tricks), and I've made some gains in my back and shoulders going through the progressions.
So if you're sort of a lightweight I don't think gains are as easy as being a heavyweight.

BUMP

>falling for the military meme

spotted the skinnyfat

couldn't do a pushup on my palms because wrists would hurt
couldn't curl a bar because wrists would hurt

you have to stretch them senpai
first video on jewtoob
youtube.com/watch?v=cWtvCGCYbYc

>Most of them like to stay lean and small because it makes it easier to keep progressing

why do faggots think that if you have low weight it's easier to do bodyweight shit?

ah maybe because 'bulking' refers to adding fat on your body, not actual muscle

I use Foundation, you can test for mastery to pick appropriate level to start with.

I'm 6'3" as well, only @200lbs
I seem to be gaining size while maintaining my weight.

How do you fight this?
My gf finds tjis disgusting.

pummice stone + lanolin (I use a homemade shea lanolin balm)

Kek. The Reddit "recommended routine" in the bodyweight fitness sub. Do it.

I just pick them off. Just peel or cut it off.

What's harder?
A 60kg overhead press or an 80kg overhead press?
Answer: 80kg

What's harder?
A 60kg BW handstand pushup or an 80kg BW handstand pushup?
Answer: 80kg

It's a matter or leverage and weight.

The taller and heavier someone is the more energy it requires to move them in mechanically disadvantages positions.
Why do you think the majority of Olympic gymnasts are short u70kg and have little leg mass? Because it's the most efficient body to perform those kind of movements.

Take Eddie Hall for example.
Has the deadlift world record of 500kg at 180kg bodyweight. That's 2.7x bodyweight.
His absolute strength is phenomenal but relative strength good.

Take Richard Hawthorne.
Has can deadlift 272 kgs x 4 at 60kg bodyweight. That's 4.5x bodyweight for reps
His absolute strength is good but his relative strength is phenomenal.

Relative strength favours lighter bodyweights and bodyweight exercises are all about relative strength. How easily you can move and control your bodyweight.

it requires more patience and knowledge than weightlifting to progress and thrive. it requires a good muscle to fat ratio unlike non-competitive weightlifting. i wonder if it´s coincidence that it´s always fat retards who say it´s a meme.

tips, in order, to get through a plateau:

'deload' for a week or just take an extra rest day

fix diet

if diet is fixed - eat 5-10% more of your calories from protein, add 400 calories to TDEE

you gotta perform 'prehab' mobility and warmup exercises if you want to do bodyweight exercises properly without harming your joints

get climber's hand cream

not a specific brand or anything, just google search that, made for climbers since they get crazy calluses, makes skin stronk like bear but smooth like babby seal

the wut? i have same problem as the other user too. and i type all day for work so it only makes it worse i think

what is harder:
60kg OHP @ 60kg bw
80kg OHP @ 80kg bw

2/10 made me reply

Still the 80kg ohp.
They both have a relative strength of 1 but the absolute strength of 80kg is higher. You need to be stronger to move 80kgs. It requires more energy to move.

what is harder:
60kg OHP @ 60kg bw
80kg OHP @ 80kg bw
100kg OHP @ 100kg bw
120kg OHP @ 120kg bw
140kg OHP @ 140kg bw
160kg OHP @ 160kg bw
180kg OHP @ 180kg bw
>eddie hall 180kg ohp @ 180kg bw
youtube.com/watch?v=TzV4EZb2NMs

I've seen a guy weighing 70kg do 15 free standing full ROM handstand pushups
I'll never see a guy weighing 180kg do 1 free standing full ROM handstand pushup

so he can 180kg ohp at bw but he can't do free standing pushup?

so, assuming you are not baiting, how do two people at the same weight+height manage to lift different weights if we assume they have same amount of muscle mass?

Because technique matters, neuromuscular activation matters and insertion points matter.

You mean CNS activation level? Is there a limit to how much you can train?

Insertion points, so better insertions give better leverage?

There is a limit to CNS activation, its not sure exactly where it is. Somewhere below 100%.

Tendon attachment points can (I kind of goofed calling them insertions). The muscles are basically using the tendons to yank on the bones when they contract, so where they're pulling on the bone affects the torque produced. In extreme cases you can see the same amount of muscular activation translating into a ~50% difference in force on the bar.

There's also differences in physical proportions, but on people of the same height and weight those are likely to be pretty similar.

Does CNS affect the activation level of a muscle? So you are saying CNS can get muscle to activate at almost 100% (theoretically), going by that, you don't really need to build muscle as you can train your CNS. I'm interesting in how would one train CNS, hm.

tendon attachment points to the bone AND muscle attachment points to the tendon should both have a difference, would need some physics fag to say which is the most optimal

bodyweight exercises work, its just they are incredibly inefficient. workouts have to last hours to get any effect

warmups and stretches necessary for bodyweight exercises easily stretch workouts to two hours

these bodyweight exercise gurus you see literally have no job - and have to train all day to get their physiques, which can easily be produced in 1/10th the time in a gym, bar some forearm vascularity

You still need the muscle. CNS activation is just, to super simplify things, how much of that muscle you can throw into a max effort. Someone with huge muscle mass and terrible CNS activation (I hate that term, but don't really have a better one) will utterly blow away someone with great CNS activation and not much muscle mass in terms of absolute strength. In the same way that someone with shit form and a ton of muscle can just retard up weights that would crush a guy with great technique and not much muscle.

Yes, I know, but my goal is to stay the same weight (200lbs/90kg) so I need to train my CNS after I get lower bf%

also found this on lereddit
>If I remember correctly the longer the tendon, the greater the force production, a bit counterintuitive. I think the concept is that stretching the tendon (quick eccentric motion) results in a natural rebound that produces more force without having to use energy contracting the muscle.

>lifting weights with no warmup
just snap my shit up, senpai

>yfw bw exercise guru does full L7 with IM in 45mins

you tell me

They call it MONKEY BARS for a reason

That's fucking stupid.
The russians see great gains in strength and mass from simple basic exercises and follow the minimum effective dose rule.

ofc i warmup and stretch before weights but its no longer than 10-15 mins including some hiit