>leave gym after doing deloaded sets for both
>hate self
>want to go back so badly

FUCK THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I always do better round 2

That sucks bro, had a bad day at gym too. Failed squats and bench and I even brought my running shoes to the gym instead of my chucks and they were horrible.
Gotta make it next time.

Gotta go back to go forwards. Look at the training logs of guys who have been doing this for twenty years--outside of the month leading up to the meet or so, most of their work is quite a bit lighter than their PRs.

>tfw this feel
>but only 135 bench 165 squat

why is this happening to me so early? I'm doing SS, my squat at least is supposed to be going up every week what the fuck

And this guys, is why you should be doing Greyskull. I almost look forward to my deloads now.

Eat more protein
Check your form
Repeat

tell me your weight, age and height

And ur gender too rofl

Probably started too heavy or are not eating enough. I added 10 lbs a session to the bar until a 225 squat when I ran my LP

male
5'10

i think I'm already eating way more protein than I should because I'm eating about 3200 kcal per day. It's way over the 1g/lb thing. I guess I'll try fixing my form but it looks pretty good to me, then again I guess that's all I can really do

savage

sorry, I'm 20

How long have you been on that surplus and how fast are you gaining body weight?

Savage

are you ACTUALLY doing the program? anything counts as not doing the program, even doing accesories on workout or rest days

Then you started too heavy since your food intake seems pretty good for your weight, or you're not resting long enough between sets. How long are your rests?

consistently about 9 weeks. Gained about 15 lbs.

My squat was at about 115 3x5 when I started the surplus this summer and I worked up to 155 3x5. I tried upping it to 165 but I could only get 3 reps out per set and my lower back felt a little too strained

5 min rests

I've been doing accessories. Why is that bad? I do them after the compounds during my workouts

Does anyone not do AMRAP last set? I thought this was normal, why do you need a program to tell you to do it?

I do dropsets last set for bench, OHP, and rows as well

>cutting
>tfw lifts stalling for the greater good

google YNDTP letter by Ripplestinkiberg

Accessories use up energy. The idea of stronglifts is just to increase your 5rm as fast as fucking possible; accessories don't really help with that. That's also why once you get close to 1/2/3/4 you should switch your program: add more volume and do a split if you want to go for general aesthetics or bodybuilding, or a powerlifting, weightlifting, or strongman- focused program

You're not doing the program. If you started at a 115 squat, it should have been 175 by the end of your 2nd week. Read this:
startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf

I know that accessories use up energy, that's why I always do the compounds first with plenty of rest and go as hard as I can and only do the accessories afterwards when it doesn't matter as much. Can that still have a detrimental effect on my compounds?

mfw retards read the sticky, think they are smart enough to give others advice, and it literally always goes like this:

>shitposting autist on /fit: "YOU'RE NOT DOING THE PROGRAM

or

>"you're NOT EATING ENOUGH"

or

>"YOURE NOT TRRYING HARD AS I AM"

when in reality its the genetics of OP and other relatively weak lifters that is responsible for plateus. but nah you guys will just keep repeating your fucking retarded dipshit advice that he needs to eat more/work harder/ some other bullshit

fucking autists thinking they know fucking everything about fitness, probably think CALORIES IN/ CALORIES OUT is absolute truth and the only thing you need to know about cutting

It's not major but it has an effect. Why do you think you have rest days? Instead of doing accessories, if you rest more, that'll improve your main lifts. That's the logic of the program anyway.

>probably think CALORIES IN/ CALORIES OUT is absolute truth and the only thing you need to know about cutting

Explain? Genuinely curious

I started doing SS after about half a year of dicking around with shitty programs because I didn't know anything

So my noob gains have dried up, and I'm pretty sure that's a big driving force behind the whole 10 lbs or 5 lbs per week thing

I'm a coach you aspie. I've never seen anyone doing the program correctly stall at a less than 2.5 plate squat. A 20 year old man will not legitimately stall at a fucking 165 squat. I've seen 5 foot 2 manlets squat over 2 plates

if you have a daily carb goal of 200g and you eat 200g carbs of chocolate and candy your cut is going to go slower than the guy eating 200g carbs of brown rice

eat more
seriously all you have to do
If you're only 160 and doing your training consistently, then you simply aren't eating enough

Anytime I stall I either think I need to eat more or I'm a terrible human bean for not training enough and being a little bitch.

I noticed it gets a little easier after you warm up.

Still it's better to try and increase your lifts even if you fail them. Doing 135 bench forever isn't gonna make you improve, but if you try 140, fail three times, then deload to 120 and do amrap all the way up then you'll have a better chance of improving

>take antibiotic that weakens your tendons
>weaker by reps and about 10lbs on most of my lifts this week

Fuck off OP

That's not how noob gains work. Noob gains stop when you reach your recovery potential at a certain load. How long you've been lifting doesn't affect it

As you gain weight and lift heavier weights, the amount of energy necessary to put on further mass, while your energy expenditure also increases. It's simply a matter of diminishing returns from the amount of calories ingested daily. You may still be at an overall surplus, you may be building muscle, but less and less so each session and each day.
All ya gots to do is eat more and you'll get back up.

>Noob gains stop when you reach your recovery potential at a certain load

can you explain?

I love greyskull. I don't need to SS cause I bike so I just deadlift and overhead. Push ups are perfectly fine for chest if no bench.

Chin ups are god tier for your back. You can feel every thing twitching down your spine right as you hit your limit.

Your noob gains end when you can no longer add weight to the bar after a certain point after a few resets and perfect recovery. Most trainees I've seen can get to around a 3 plate squat before they have to move on to an intermediate program.

Do too much work and your muscles eat themselves. You can get stronger but it takes a long time and you need to eat a ton of protein and carbs to avoid cramps.

you must be a dogshit fucking coach i see tons of guys at my gym who r weak as shit

even if u werent a shit coach ur anecdotal evidence doesnt mean some ppl arent weaker or stronger dictated by their genes

Why would a manlet not squat over 2pl8

I'm in the middle of reading SS, and I hate not knowing if my form is good or not. I post videos to Veeky Forums, but without someone to help me, I feel like I must be doing something wrong, especially on power clean. Also I'm cutting (1800 kcal) because I play frisbee and need to be lean (tournament days we play four 70 minute games, and you need to sprint all the time, so no big guys4u), so my lifts are weak as shit.

170lb
6'0
19 years old
4 months lifting

185 squat
110 OHP
145 bench
225 dead
130 PC (might deload to relearn form)

I've always been super weak, even though I was skinny fat. I'm getting good aesthetic gains, but my lower back always hurts and I'm afraid I'm going to hurt myself. What should I do Veeky Forums?

Shit dude I'm just using my experience to help people. Yeah some people are genetically weaker than others but no healthy young man's lp is going to end at 165.

That's my point. Even the guy with short end of the stick genetics can squat more than 2 plate on an lp.

And what is the relevance of his shortness to the matter of lifting, what is its relevance to this particular task? Could you elaborate?

>WHAT ARE THE CALORIES OF 200g CANDY VS 200g RICE
It's literally calories in VS out

Only cause you will go over other limits like sugar intake

>hurr durr it's not that simple
It really is
>200g sugar = 776 Calories
>200g brown rice = 216 Calories

>finally buy squat shoes
>hey let's learn high bar and fix our form finally! YAY!
>literally the hardest thing I've ever done
>2 plate is hard as fuck since I have to keep correcting my form sicne I'm use ot low bar shit

Fuck it's light weight but damn it feel pretty cool

I think this is my problem. I run like 4 miles and walk 4 miles every day almost so i need to be eating a whole lot more.

5'11 155lbs lanklet reporting in.

no dumbass, I said 200g of carbs in the form of chocolate = x calories and 200g of carbs in the form of brown rice = x calories, but eating 200g of carbs in the form of brown rice is better than eating 200g of carbs in the form of sugar

Yes... Because you use up 500 more calories getting your 200g carbs from chocolate vs getting me from rice. That's 500 calories that could've been better used for protein for example, or more carbs, instead of whatever shitty shit is in chocolate

>200g dark chocolate = 1,092 Calories
>200g brown rice = 216 Calories
1,092 =/= 216
Counting calories

>5'11
>lanklet
laughingsluts.jpg

The biggest criticism against SS I have is making noobs do cleans.

I really think it's starting to fuck up my back. I might wait until I get back to uni and find someone who can help me one on one. Do you have a good replacement compound?
>inb4 rows

snatches

Kek

You can't read can you

Haha weird, I'm the same weight as you but 5'10, and I've been lifting for about 3.5 months, and we have almost the same progress (I was also cutting). My DL and squat are ahead of yours, but my presses are behind yours.

How much and where does your back "hurt"? Is it really pain, or does it just feel uncomfortable for a bit? Every time I DL, my back feels weird as shit for like a half hour (tense), also I can usually twist it and get a bunch of pops. If it really hurts, talk to a doctor. If it just feels tight and weird for a bit then goes away, that seems normal.

I'm actually changing up my routine to add more back balance this week. I've been told that all those pressing movements can cause your back to become neglected and cause posture issues among other things, so now I'm adding rows to my B workout and doing band pull aparts and holds during my rest periods. Also I need to add something in to exercise my rotator cuff.

>put my goal as being able to squat 2pl8s by winter
>i'm squatting 205 right now but only managed 3x5

I'll make it some day. Stalling sucks hardcore.

it's not winter yet breh

>rippletits tells me if I eat correctly and do my squats I'll add 10 lbs per workout
>eat correctly
>squat
>can't move the weight
>YOU DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT

what the fuck

iktf

my lifts have been static for at least two months now, and my weight has been very slightly going down, so I guess that means I'm making it, r..right?

not the same guy but I think he's saying short guy = less ability to pack on muscle = less force production

why not squat lowbar with shoes? lots of people do that. Also, I just got myself Nike romaleos and they feel fucking amazing

yes. If you can lift the same weight at a lower bodyweight, you are relatively stronger. If a 150lb guy and a 300lb guy can both squat 3 pl8, who's stronger?

it's 5 lbs per workout

Good days and bad days my friend. You can't avoid the occasional bad workouts, no more than you can avoid the occasional bad day at work or school. If you keep applying yourself, you will have more good than bad. Focus on the upward trend.

What's the matter with bb rows as a replacement?
Just curious

They don't adequately serve the same purpose as power cleans.

Power cleans keep the expression of power constant with the development of strength. If your power clean goes up in line with your other lifts it means you'll be able to perform other 'quick' feats of strength more efficiently.

Rows are an explosive movement but not nearly to the same degree. They also don't require nearly as much co-ordination, which means they'll leave your ability to quickly display your strength in a full body co-ordinated fashion underdeveloped.

Plus they're fucking badass.

Yeah as a newby i'm scared to death of PC's.
Guess I'll need a trainer to start doing those.

>stall on linear progression
>like unable to lift the same amount between weeks
>diet perfect, sleep great
>dunno whats happening

>switch to another routine based on programming
>literally 2 weeks in, my deadlift goes up by 20kg, squats up by 10kg, bench remains same, ohp up by 5 kg

i don't think they went up, so much as not going at what i thought my heaviest allowed my body to recover alot more and actually the real extent of my strength began to show

Iam fat and losing 1kg per week for two months now. Right now I weigh 87.5 and my lifts keep going down or hardly go up. I bench 58kg, am I too weak? Ive been lifting for three or four months now.

Power cleans are good for field athletes, but pretty useless for most novices who just lift to look good. Most of them will stop doing the exercise anyway once they switch over to an intermediate program, there's no point in learning a very technical exercise if you're just going to do it for a few months and it doesn't serve any clear purpose to you. That's one of the reasons why I prefer SL or ICF 5x5 over SS.

Take a week off and eat BIG. Then go back after the week is up. Youll like what happens!

you mean sex?

>squat stalls
>bench goes up
>don't change routine or eating habits or sleeping cycle or anything
>suddenly squat goes up
>bench stalls

atleast my OHP has been increasing linearly, nearly at 1pl8