New QTDDTOT

Why does Couch to 5k make such a strange leap in week 5? It goes from three sessions of 5 minutes each up to running for 20 minutes straight by the end of the week, then goes back down to 5-8-5 minutes. Any runners shed light on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0
youtube.com/watch?v=m5pd5_slf3U
twitter.com/eliaknott1/status/755061738161209344
youtube.com/watch?v=3DDK6Sb5ipw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Someone explain fat cells

Does it mean if you were fat once you're fucked and put more fat easilyo n those spots?

My fat seems to be all over my lovehandles and just a bit on lower belly, I am around 14%bf no lower but not higher either yet my father which is really fat doesnt even have them

am I fucked for life? once I get like 10%bf will I ever be able to lean bulk without getting those pesky lovehandles ruining my body?
I'd already be looking fucking great ifn ot for them but even loose shorts make it look bad

Anyone familiar with the resistance bands elitefts sells?
Looking for one to do facepulls with, in the 15-20 rep range. Thinking the pro light resistance band might be too much.

TLDR: Preserving gains under strain?

Started a trade job 6 months ago. A lot of joint strain, but little real exercise.(e.g. kneeling for 8 hours, craning back in odd ways to reach things) Weird schedule means I'd be lucky to get 6 hours of sleep on an average night.

Finding it pretty difficult to do much aerobic or get good sets in with sore knees, wrists, etc. Gained ~30 pounds so far. Not really sure what to do here besides the appointments I scheduled.

help a brother out, Veeky Forums.

what should I be doing for my lower back and shoulder health(especially rotator cuff)? I feel so tired and stressed in there, I tried some strectches but dont seem to do anything

my lifting form is fine and I never feel anything lifting

outside hanging leg raises is there anything I should be doing for direct ab work?
are obliques, serratus and those little things worth training?
>tfw cutting and my serratus appears shreded as fuck when lifting my arm

Will I fuck my shit up if I double up on exercises?

Like, While i'm doing bench flys, would I be an idiot for doing bicycle kicks as well?

Trades worker, I feel you. I'm doing 10 hour days 2-2.5 hours total transit (which isn't bad actually). So 12ish hours plus 8 of sleep and an hour of getting ready in the morning I'm up to 21 already.

Plus I fucking nap like a mother fucker, sometimes sitting up in my goddamn chair.

I don't do my accessories at the moment while I'm doing 10 hour days.

It sounds like you might do ladder work?

Working on problem areas.

Chest
Tris
Calves

Would it make sense to do exercises that target my problem areas everytime i workout, regardless of the routine day?

Obviously chest and tri get worked on on A day and calves on C day.

But doing cable flys and tri extentions on back and leg day?

And calf raises on chest and back day?

Also...2 months. Is this good for shoulders and back? No before pic

I got my testosterone levels tested and I'm sitting at 616 ng/dl.

I've spent two days now trying to find a reliable source on how low that might be but I seem have concluded it is low, I just don't know it's a bad low or average kind of low.

So I decided to deload this week. Should I deload from every lift or just the ones I'm stalling at?

Why the fuck would you need to do that? Are you that strapped for time? Jesus user

Are leg presses a waste of time if I can squat perfectly fine? Give it to me straight brehs

just stalling

>problem areas
>posts picture
>didn't list entire body

yes. It sounds like crossfit is a perfect fit for you

>Does it mean if you were fat once you're fucked and put more fat easilyo n those spots?
no
>yet my father which is really fat doesnt even have them
protip: you get some genes from your mother too

> once I get like 10%bf will I ever be able to lean bulk without getting those pesky lovehandles ruining my body?
get to 10% first and then worry about that then.

are you a body builder? if no, there's no need to do them unless you feel your legs are holding your squat back.

for lower back often the best thing to do (never hurts at least) is to strengthen the glutes so look up glute isolations (bret contreras is the guy)

rotator cuff: google elitefts band series and get some bands and do pull aparts erry day

If you train them they will look better

It's mediocre. Anabolic men the website has plenty of stuff to get that number up. Biggest thing is nofap

They're a useful way to add leg volume without worrying as much about form/CNS as squats

What particular use does it have for body building? Hitting quads harder?

r8 brahs, rugby player here

>Monday (legs and shoulders)

low bar squat 3x5 ,3 isolation 4x10 (calves, hams and quads)
ohp 3x5 ,2 more isolation movements
4x10 abs on hanging leg and crunches

>Tuesday (back and tris)

power clean 5x3 (including warmups obvs)
DL 1x5 (including warmups obvs)
3 isolation movements for back
3 isolation for tris

>Friday

binch 3x5 (including warmups obvs)
and 3 isolation movements for chest
and 3 for bis
4x10 abs on hanging leg and crunches

Yeah, 2 hour transit myself. Is there any way out of this hell? If I'm not sleep deprived, then I napped my whole day away.

I have 3 weeks of uncashed checks just sitting here, what for?

>It's mediocre. Anabolic men the website has plenty of stuff to get that number up
I've read through a lot of stuff on the site but it felt really overwhelming and I wasn't sure if it was bullshit.

>Biggest thing is nofap
I've done my 30 days before and noticed very little noticeable changes, but I have no test numbers to back that up. I've concluded to masturbating less and from what I've read the 7 day nofap is pretty efficient (once every 7 days for maximum test increase)

Well money for one, I mean some days I just move skids up the manlift or organize material which is minimum wage tier kind of work but I get paid way higher. Also one day the site might be closer to home. It's also man's work and you should feel some semblance of satisfaction for the hard work you are doing.

Fat cells frequency doesnt change in a lifetime, they're permanent. If you're genetics have placed most of them on your lovehandles, then yes, that's the place where you'll gain fat first. Love handles aint bad, i got eternal moonface unless im sub 12%

I heard/felt my chest pop when I was doing dips 2 wks ago. It hasn't gone away. I took a week off from lifting in general, but since I've started I haven't had a problem. Dips though still bring that pain back. Any advice, stretches, etc?

Yes, add in exercise for obliques but for strength. Heavy weight low reps so you strengthen the core but dont hypertrophy too hard into fridge mode

>man's work
>satisfaction

I remember gains being a lot more satisfying. How do you cope with the joint stress? For example, I wear pads, but kneeling for a whole shift still means I need to hire a dogwalker.

no, hitting those biceps so they're extra jooooocy

I do electrical so I do mostly overhead/ladder work, usually with a tool belt hanging off me which lately I've been noticing my back is getting sore. The time will come for receptacles though which is months of either bending over or on knees, I usually get a bucket to sit on and swap between knees/squatting and sitting so it's not too much stress on either, my logic could be retarded though.

Stretch if you can prior and during, take standing breaks when you can.

But really you feel no satisfaction going home knowing you worked hard and did a good job instead of just flipping burgers or stocking shelves?

For how long should I work on negatives chinups? How many sets/reps before I can do 1 real chinup? Pls help

youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

can you deadlift more than this chick
youtube.com/watch?v=m5pd5_slf3U

Well, right now we are putting up a huge apartment building downtown, mostly studios; save for the top ~5 floors. Fuck small living spaces for $1500 a month.

Unloading trucks was almost as hard, physically. If working hard and doing the job correctly was the end all-be all I would've stayed there. As for the satisfaction of the work, conceptually: wasn't my bright idea to put this eyesore up. Just one more reason to stay out of the city.

I just started lifting again after a year off and everywhere I read that you can only gain two pounds of muscle in a month which is bullshit. I'm already gaining it back fast. How is this?

if you've built muscle before, you regain it quickly.

"perfectly'"
holy shit thats bad form if i ever saw any

TDEE is estimated to be 2100. I'm 5'11" 178 lbs DYEL fatso. Is there any disadvantage towards eating at a 750 cal deficit?

if by perfectly they mean having a perfectly rounded back, then yeah

if weight loss is your only goal, then no.

I'm also lifting 3x a week, but I know I'm not gonna be gaining any mass. Should I stick to a 500 cal deficit?

OP here, please respond

how important is losing weight? Is it more important than keeping your gains? If so, do whatever deficit you want. If you want to maintain as much of your gains as possible, do a 250 deficit.

Introduction to longer stamina?

For me running as always been much more mind over matter anyway, I'm a pretty small guy though so I'm not moving too much weight around.

"Oh shit that was 600 calories?! It's only 10:00!"

You're going to hate yourself and if you have no experience eating a deficit you'll get frustrated and give up, start simple.

Losing weight is very important, I've been fat all my life and made some pretty decent losses earlier this year and plateaued. I don't have many gains, if any.

a 750 cal deficit isn't 750 cals/day retard

because week 1-4 is all about conditioning you to run longer periods. There's really not that much of a difference between running 15 minutes with minor breaks and 20 minutes straight. The whole point of the program is that you eventually run longer.

>a 750 cal deficit isn't 750 cals/day retard
I noticed that after posting.
It was still good advice damnit.

The don't know how to weight chicken breast guy has another question:

When weighing my bananas, should I be weighing them with the skin on or skin off?

do you eat the skin?

What kind of leg exercises/routines would for sports like basketball?
I'm looking to improve my vertical and general air-time.

Are things like Gold Peak unsweetened tea and Ocean Spray 5cal/serving cranberry juice alright to drink on a cut, or should I just stick to water and homebrew?

no, but I don't eat chicken raw either (this is where the confusion arose earlier). They sell bananas by the kg with the skin on, so do calorie reporting sites factor in the skin or not? I know it sounds like a dumb question but I'm being serious.

>no, but I don't eat chicken raw either (this is where the confusion arose earlier).
seriously, how fucking stupid are you?

but you do eat teh chicken, don't you? Do you not see how that is entirely different from a banana? Please do the world a favor and end your life.

It's a legit question. Why are calflets like you always so bitter when people like me with 20" calfs ask questions about diet?

>It's a legit question.
it really isn't. How can you equate raw chicken, that you will eat the entirety of, to a banana and its peel?
>no, but I don't eat chicken raw either
literally retard logic.

What's a reasonable time frame to reach 1/2/3/4 for a total beginner?

I'm eatting ~3000 calories a day, 6'0" and 170 lb
After 1 month I've gotten my bench to 135, my squat to 205, my diddly to 275, and my ohp to 95

Because I had been weighing my chicken after it was cooked, which obviously weighs less than it being raw, so as I was prepping an arvo snack and peeling a banana, it occurred to me that maybe I should be weighing it with the skin on as that is how it is weighed when I buy it.

Pls this?

if doing a solid beginner program like SS with proper diet, rest and lifting, you can reach it in 6 months. At the very worst, within a year

What did you start at?

95 bench
135 squat
225 dl
65 ohp

Any advice on increasing my ohp faster? I feel like I'm hardly making any progress on it

then you're a retard and you should literally kill yourself.

OHP is the hardest thing to progress on, don't feel bad.

thanks for being so helpful and friendly :\

there's literally no helping you if you're this stupid.

>only eat two meals a day due to work schedule
>workout in the evening
>Dr informs me I need to eat after I workout
>give it a try
>workout followed by 4AM nuts, fruit, lean meat
>continue to lose weight at same rate as only eatting two meals

What the actual fuck is this voodoo?

are you counting calories? How much are you eating?

I really want to have nice healthy skin on my face. Can anyone recommend the best cleanser to use? I don't want to use tons of different things, just one cleanser that you know works.

And yes, I'm doing my part on the diet and sleep.

if you're losing weight you're not eating enough, it doesn't matter when you're eating the little food you're eating.

not really probably around 300-500 cals for my post workout meal

I'm talking through the day you tard. HOw much do you eat per day?

1800-2200

Does this count as a squat?
twitter.com/eliaknott1/status/755061738161209344

>smith machine
automatic no

breh, it's not even a quarter squat.

Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss

I'm lazy. Can someone tell me if I'm missing something?

-Lots of protein to spare muscle
-lots of veg to fulfill essential nutrients

Is that basically it?
How long to typically run this sort of diet? 1week? How many calories, 1000 and below?

Help out a lazy fag. I know how to cut properly. But I just took one weeks break from cutting. Just looking to 'jump Starr's my cut again and then return to normal eating

Is meal timing really irrelevant? Total daily macros and calories is pretty much all that matters?

yes and yes.

height/weight/gender/goal?

yes. The only reason the whole "multiple meals" things work for some people is just so they don't get desperately hungry or full by the end of the day.

Bumping.

6'1
Male
>Goal

Are skateboard or stability ball squats a meme?
I don't have a barbell at my condo's gym and wanna build my legs

youtube.com/watch?v=3DDK6Sb5ipw

What would be Veeky Forums's opinion on this? Acceptable?
I mean, as someone who only just started to get fit, it looked somewhat okay for what it is.

Would I somehow kill myself if I happened to throw in a shake of protein powder in there?

Will doing only push ups and pull ups be enough to have a nice-looking upper body (chest + arms + back)?

When I had a gym partner and a spotter my peak lifts were 245lbs bench press for 2 reps and 315lbs parallel squat for 1. Over a year ago my training partner left due to work so I couldn't do heavy singles or overload anymore. Since then My squat is like 245lbs for 6 ATG clean reps and I'd be lucky to get 6 reps at 220lbs on bench. I couldn't even get near my previous maxes. Why have my lifts maxes gone down but I haven't lost size? I feel like I'm stronger overall, able to do more volume, but can't max as much anymore.

So I'm trying to do gym properly. I want to become big and strong and slay pussy.

So what happens is that get going for like a month or so and then it kind of peters out and I stop going. It's not like I hate it. It just seems to get harder to get in the car and drive over. What is wrong with me brehs. I feel like a fucking idiot.

No willpower
>never going to make it
kys

I don't care about strength whatsoever, what program should I do?

might be the wrong reasons for doing it, dunno.

why do my cheeks go so red when I get out of the shower?

bump

Because your spotter was doing the work for you.

it's been a really long time since I saw the archaeologist meme

because you are cute

Does everyone get the urge to have a fap after going to the gym? I have long sessions usually and sometimes can't help myself despite knowing I will feel like shit because I am up so goddamn early in the morning.

Giant fatty here
>6'7 271lbs
>BMR should be ~3800cal
>Eating ~2000cal a day now
Is this too little?
I don't want to fuck up my metabolism or anything, I've been eating this way for two weeks now but I feel cold and hungry as fuck right now.

No the spotter didn't help with any reps, was only there to help me unrack and rerack and be there if I failed a rep

Should clarify: hungry skeleton who wants to look nice.

Also rugby, the only major thing you'really lacking is agility work. Look up a routine you can do on ladder and throw it in on Sunday so that you aren't tired for games

Probably the test increase

I tend to notice most of the angry assholes here are the ones who don't lift or are fatties themselves since most guys who post pics are generally nice