/plg/

powerlifting general

guess who's back edition

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9MwAgG4QCVedhHvJRYPyKFQdDZWbStwDYbB9eFwbdXWM6rg/viewform
instagram.com/p/BIxQhaVBO2t/
docs.google.com/document/d/10gSl7pGOS2sQ8hUW7660Pdk6rAKrpHuBy2SRHRzT2lE/pub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for benis

norse's survey

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9MwAgG4QCVedhHvJRYPyKFQdDZWbStwDYbB9eFwbdXWM6rg/viewform

>guess who's back edition
who?

Oops meant to post in here :

#
Sheeit dawg. Sorry to hear that

Has it improved at all since injury?

Project momentum looks quite honestly insane. We're workouts routinely 3 hours?

I imagine you'd have to eat like a horse to get through it

Reposting.

>one week until I start doing Greg Nuckols 28 meme programs
>hear the bench is great, squat and deadlift suck
>decide to add more volume to weeks 1+2 for squats, and change front squats to highbar with set/rep scheme the same as the new higher volume lowbar squats
>unsure what to do about deadlifts still
>mfw

I'm going to make it so I'm doing one of a few different variations depending on what needs help instead of just doing RDL. Any other suggestions?

Also running 2x week int squat and 2x week int deadlift.

>high frequency squatting

Wew, that's one meme I'm not too keen on trying. Do you do that lowbar? I feel like my wrists and shoulders would end up tenderized.

I'm doing an RPE based program atm too. I really like the idea Mike T had in project momentum with doing a weekly @8 single for each power lift, so the basic structure is kind of based on that + doing volume work with percentages afterwards, with the other work for each lift coming via autoregulated variants atm. Once I'm closer to my comp in november I'll probably bump competition lift frequency up during the peak.

When will the results from Norse's survey be out?

Soon

>I imagine you'd have to eat like a horse to get through it

>"food is a crutch and a meme."
t. Mike "spectrum" Tuckusruckus

Is it possible to make gains off fried chicken?

good job m8

Does he really believe this

post memes

>guess who's back

Please don't play with my feelings.

Good.

Look at that fucking hyperextension
No wonder your back is snapped
Do you even brace ffs?

sure for some...
TYRONE, eats FRIED CHICKEN and WATERMELON and gets jacked while you count calories and stay skinnyfat

:)

don't get too excited, Rasputin is back

Who is that?

also Liv, she goes by Haino now tho

probably not very soon tbqh

lots of shit fillers in the questions because of the way i did data entry.

lots of interesting things though from the preliminary results

The photo is of Isley

I just want to play with her cute little breasts

>Fellow Ausbro
>Hey are you living in Korea or on holiday?
Living, i've been here for one week today, teaching English at a small hagwon
>What's it like? Have you gotten any yet?
It's nice, i like the place although it's hot and humid

I have dating apps installed, and am going to try dating starting next month, want to get a bit settled in first and get some training in, haven't worked out in a month now.

>first for benis
the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

trappy's

funny how all the trappy haters are in the closet

>hot and humid
As opposed to Vic or Qld?

That sounds great.
Not the no training part. Hope you get on top of that soon.

No bully, do you always hyperextend when squatting?

yes, i come from lakes entrance, a small fishing village/surf beach town. this place is like a sauna sometimes.

and it is great, especially the food.

and i joined a gym today, about $640 Australian for 12 months contract.

what is the advantage of the ssb?

and holy shit that hyperextention

Alex is CUTE

You think that hyperextension is bad?

>vid related
instagram.com/p/BIxQhaVBO2t/

>Do you do that lowbar?
mostly high bar. on days when i feel good for a PR i'll do low bar. my wrists, shoulder, and elbows could handle it, but the wider stance fucks with my hip flexors. also, nuckols advises against low bar because of the likelihood of t-spine flexion making it harder to recover (for this same reason, you mostly do maintenance work on deadlift) since you're doing it so frequenctly.

> one meme I'm not too keen on trying.
you really don't do enough volume to over train and your form isn't allowed to break down to the point of injury risk. you're doing the same volume as 'regular' programming just that it's spread out over 5-6 days instead of 2-3. and your daily max is really a technical max, so as soon as form starts breaking down, you're done.

the biggest benefit is you get to do a lot more dedicated technique work and you're always in better shape to recover from intense efforts. so like say i decide to go for a deadlift max for keks, i'll be able to squat my daily max again in 3 days versus a week on normal programming

do you have a link to momentum? also what numbers do you want to hit at the meet?

My nigga, how was Sheiko today?

Whole body feels kill lads

What did you do today besides ohp laddo?

>instagram.com/p/BIxQhaVBO2t/
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

I haven't read Nuckols or Perryman yet, I should get on that...

docs.google.com/document/d/10gSl7pGOS2sQ8hUW7660Pdk6rAKrpHuBy2SRHRzT2lE/pub

I'm gonna try hard and aim for at least 200/125/240 at my comp. Best numbers in the gym thus far are 185/117.5/225. Though I'm a little under those atm because I took July off from lifting, more or less.

how much you weigh? Hoping for similar numbers at next comp.

Morning, just another day
Happy people pass my way
Looking in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
How happy you made me, oh Lydia
Well you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away, oh Lydia
Well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you today, oh Lydia

>mfw thinkin about u hurtin cause your sunshine is gone

Had to skip bench because shoulder was feeling fucky with 1 pl8, did heavy cable rows, chins, hammer curls, db reverse flyes. I'm not nearly recovered from Saturday's session though. Have felt exhausted every day since then. Quads and hamstrings are sore as hell, spine feels compressed like mad, been trying to crack it in increasingly creative ways throughout the day, with varying results.

Morning weight has been around 99kg since like january. I'll be competing in the 105s

LIVIA
its Lìvia

>he only deadlifts 240 stone
>laughing girls.webm
kek, thanks for le link lad. good luck with training

im like ~92 but i still haven't decided whether i want to compete in the

Goodnight /plg/.

i always wanted to try this for keks, but i feel like although the weight is the same on both sides, accounting for the center of gravity would make this impossibly hard to setup.

nn mystery

Medaled in my first official meet on Sunday lads

>dling twice your bench

Kek.

Yeah it was breddy bad.

Tomorrow I'm squatting and I'm gonna focus more on bracing and keeping a more horizontal torso angle to fix the hyperextensiln

Easy, it was a very light day to prepare me for the skill tests.

Have you had your second training day on sheiko yet?

jelly of that bench tbH.

I'm too lazy to drop to the 93s, probably too tall as well.

No bully.

>shoulder was feeling fucky with 1 pl8

wew careful bud. At least you knew the limits of your body and did some lighter accessories instead of fucking yourself up even more.

I left halfway through because I couldn't do DLs without my callus hurting like a bitch. Just got home and cleaned it out, burns like a bitch. Gonna soak it in warm water + epson salts and then wrap it up and try and go back tommorow morning to finish the DL on boxes and maybe throw in a tiny bit of accessory work while I'm at it.

well fuck you im singing bout lydia

Is this good tech?

Yes

LOL I was forgetting it xD

Height?

I'm 6'1 and planning to do 105 in a couple months, but probably 120 in future

how tall are you lad?

sing about livia

Good luck mang. That sucks balls

Yeah, today was day 2.

Deadlifts, bench and CGBP were easy and had no sets over RPE 8 really. The last deadlift set was a tad difficult but I still had 3-4 left in the tank easily.

I tore my callus on the last set of DL and so I couldn't do DL from the boxes anymore. Instead I just did benching + CGBP which didn't hurt my hand at all.

I tried doing some front squats in place of lunges but couldn't get the rack position on my clavicle/shoulders plus my wrists hurt like a bitch when I tried to keep elbows up.

I'm treating my callus now and am gonna go back tommorow to finish off the DL on the boxes plus some ab work + cheeky curls or something.

Also, when is your skills test? Is it next workout?

paul you bitch TRY FUCKING HARDER THE IRON DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR LITTLE CALLUS. THE IRON DOES NOT LIE THE IRON SAYS YOU'RE A FUCKING PUSSY BABY BACK BITCH CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN

Ruin my self-esteem /plg/

How many of you squat 400+ here?

protip: capitalize the T not the B in Tbh and it doesn't filter either.

in my route to 315, i really learned to program for myself, and this is the testament to that learning. that was my best bench set to date. i had hit 275x5, 295 for 2 once and for singles quite a few times and i had benched 305 for a single but lost it at lockout 2 weeks before. That was also my last day in the gym before my hiatus.

also, project momentum looks fun Tbh. I loved the variants on RTS intermediate.

>plates not even one plate width off the ground

sumo should be BANNED and everyone with lanklet limb proportions KILLED.

Do I?

Nah

Can I? Almost certainly. But I'm 235 and not freshlt post-hiatus

I don't, but you know that cause we're racing towards it ;'''')

FUCK YOU I'M GOING BACK TOMMOROW TO FINISH IT OFF I DIDN'T WANNA TEAR MY FUCKING HAND IN HALF REEEEEEEEEEE E E E E E

A month ago I had a

122kg squat for 2x4
78kg bench 3x3
155kg deadlift for 1x4

how much should i drop my numbers for tomorrow, when i do my first workout in a month? 10%

Thinking of getting some straps so I can overload on lunges.

What brand is recommended?

I would just work up to an easy max, then do drop sets at 70-80% of that max.

Then plan the rest of the week based on that performance.

>from the preliminary results
HO UP
something just occured to me. 4pl8 in kilos is a lot less FAR LESS (~10lbs) than 4pl8 in freedoms. it would be unfair to use different standards. so which one are we competing for, cause i squat in freedoms.

182cm aka """""""6'0""""""""

I did two weeks of momentum before life said 'no'. And, like I said I liked the singles and variants, just not the 4x weekly frequency.

The ROM isn't that short.

Freeeedom units all day nigga

so 405lbs

Aw shit nigga. Do you too aspire to be 120 some day?

Freedoms because it is more relevant in general ( :^) ) and to you (I hope)

>How many of you squat 400+ here?
Does anyone not?

wtf straps overload on lunges???? is this bait

still higher than me kek.

405lbs it is. is this the user competing against us too?

;_;

Eh, maybe. Maybe not. I don't think I have the FRAME or HEIGHT for a healthy 120 like Norse, boardshorts or Bodorio do.

No twink bullying pls.

Post ur max dl and ur max double overhand dl

>230kg straps
>180kg double overhand

conv
>425lbs mixed
>335lbs double overhand

sumo
>405lbs straps
>315lbs double overhand

If I was bullying I'd offer some sort of race.

Leg strength >>>> grip strength and I need unilateral work to help fix a hip imbalance Ive developed. Barbell lunges are awkward as fuck so going heavy on them seems like a bad idea.

Plus the dumbells at my gym tear my hands to shreds, AND Id like to have straps lying around in case a good use for them comes up.

Well, I am going to do 365 for 5 this weekend for ID so I'm pretty sure that I can do at least 405 if not more

I see. I know it definitely wouldn't be good for me, but goddamn if I don't wanna eat like a fat fuck and train hard all the time

How was work today friendo?

rolo I just want you to know, I appreciate you.

Someone please?

It was really good. I'm actually starting to like my new job more and more. Apparently my boss thinks I'm doing a really good job too, so that's always a plus. How's life treating you?

I'd like to hyperextend my dick in your ass

nn plg

I hope everyone had a great monday, and I hope your tuesday is great too!

what VD did you have to do to drive 365x5 on ID?

:3 thanks user. i have been mercilessly sifting through /sp/ Veeky Forums /b/ /s/ and Veeky Forums (surprisingly some beautiful women there) to build my collection. i think i'll get into Veeky Forums webms next

I like the ones John broz sells because they are really thin

Happy 4u lad. What kinds of techni cal stuff are you workin on/with ? What types of projects?

It's alright. Finishing vacation right now
With family, senior year coming up, did BERY LITTLE programming interview prep over summer so I'm a little scared and think I'm gonna start working on it every day a couple problems

Ironmind.