5x5 Tips

So I'm confident most of Veeky Forums is shitposting and memes, and I've gotten back into lifting recently and chose the 5x5 Stronglifts routine as my go-to.

A lot of people say just do SS but considering Stronglifts backs off to 3x5 once the weight goes up enough, why not do 2 extra sets?

Anyhow, the questions I'm here to ask are:

1) How much weight do I add to each exercise every session?
2) What should my warm-up sets look like?
3) What is the best routine after to switch to for a natural lifter after hitting 1/2/3/4?

Thanks Veeky Forums, we're all gonna make it.

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/what-to-do-after-12-weeks-of-stronglifts-5x5/
stronglifts.com/5x5/
stronglifts.com/5x5/#Summary_of_Stronglifts_52155
stronglifts.com/5x5/#How_should_I_warm_up
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>considering Stronglifts backs off to 3x5 once the weight goes up enough
Wtf, no it doesnt. This is the 2nd time ive seen someone say this in the past few days where the fuck are you getting this from?

the stronglifts 5x5 website

How long should I do StrongLifts 5×5?

>When you’re no longer able to get stronger despite repeating the weight up to three times a week, deloading and dropping to 3×5, 3×3, etc.

Post body.
Otherwise we can make the conclusion you're deluded about your own capabilities.

No it doesnt, tell me exacly where it says it cause ive read that entire fucking site and no where does it say that. If you had read it every question you just asked is answered on there btw.

that stronglift site is a fucking maze

some pages are only linked to other pages and you have to navigate through it all

but i have the SL 5x5 official app and it definitely goes to 3x5 after a certain number of deloads automatically

stronglifts.com/what-to-do-after-12-weeks-of-stronglifts-5x5/

>that stronglift site is a fucking maze
Are you talking about this?
stronglifts.com/5x5/
Everything is on 1 page you mong.
Did you even read that? You only switch if you absolutely have to deload. If you are deloading that much at that low of a weight something is wrong. Either your diet, sleep or hormones something has to be off. And then it even says after that switch to madcow.

All your questions are answered in the sticky. Go read it.

he mention's 3x5 in the "How long should I do StrongLifts 5x5?" section of his page, he covers it in emails, and it's programmed into his app on android and iOS as a progression from 5x5
im not op

>he mention's 3x5 in the "How long should I do StrongLifts 5x5?" section of his page, he covers it in emails, and it's programmed into his app on android and iOS as a progression from 5x5
See Thats only if you have to deload multiple times. If the weight is still low and you are deloading something is wrong and it aint the 5x5.

A MAZE I TELL YOU

im not interested in arguing why he says switch to 3x5 or critiquing it. you wanted us to show you where he talks about it, and we showed you.

Again again, you only switch if you have to deload not by choice.
>whos pepe
Youre right, i never seen that cause i never stalled. I just switched to madcow once i was comfortable. What weight are you stalling at?

And it's assumed you're going to deload
This isn't rocket science

>if you have to deload not by choice.
So what? When was anybody saying this was the case?

Op made it sound that way
>considering Stronglifts backs off to 3x5 once the weight goes up enough, why not do 2 extra sets?
I thought he was saying you should modify it to 3x5 all the time.
Like i said idk i just never had to deload or stalled badly enough to run into these problems.

Can i ask what weight you people are getting stuck on? Im not trying to be an asshole but if you say you are stuck on a 1PL squat or something than you might as well just give up or get your testosterone levels checked.

I never did stronglifts, I just think you're just being overly pedantic for no reason

I stalled every now and again on the way up to 300, moved to 3x5 on 250
Is here that part of the script where you say "haha I didn't"

>I just think you're just being overly pedantic for no reason
How i already said i was wrong about the 3x5 thing?
>Is here that part of the script where you say "haha I didn't
What?
>I stalled every now and again on the way up to 300, moved to 3x5 on 250
Bro i do remember his site saying you could have switched to madcow already at that point. Its more based on your weight though. Theres no reason to be squatting 300 and still doing 5x5. Definitely switch to another program at that point.

He says that people generally switch to Madcow between 300 and 220. This is after they have exhausted possible progression with 3x5 and 3x3.
I admit to having skipped 3x3, what with having hit 300. But, well, that was 300.

thats my point, you couldve switched earlier. What program are you doing now? I did madcow for 1 cycle but the stress accumulation was too much so i did Texas method after that and have stuck with that for a while.

OP here guys. I'm glad you all got that out of your system, it does say on the website stronglifts . com that you after two deloads you go down to 3x5, but regardless - none of you have managed to answer my questions and I'm reading that site at the moment and struggling to find where it says how much weight to add and what the warm-ups would like look.

>Not everything is an argument guys, can we just get some answers?

well i never did SL i did SS, but i stalled frequently... 200, 230, 250 for 3x5 before i hurt myself out of the gym

>how much weight to add
stronglifts.com/5x5/#Summary_of_Stronglifts_52155
>Your goal isn’t to get pumped or sore (although that’s possible once the weights get heavy). Your goal is to increase the weight each workout. If you get five reps on each set, add 2.5kg/5lb next time you do that exercise (so 1.25kg/2.5lb on each side of the bar). If you get 1×5 on Deadlifts, add 5kg/10lb next time. Don’t start too heavy or you’ll get sore legs and feel like skipping workouts in week one. Start light to let your body get used to Squatting three times a week. Remember you’re adding 2.5kg/5lb per workout or 30kg/60lb per month on Squats. The weight will increase fast. No need to start too heavy.

>warm up
stronglifts.com/5x5/#How_should_I_warm_up
>Start with two sets of five reps with the empty bar on Squats, Bench and Overhead Press. Then add 10-20kg (25-45lb) and do 2-3 reps. Keep adding 10-20kg, doing 2-3 reps on each set, until you’ve reached your 5×5 weight. Don’t rest between these warmup sets to keep your workout short.

>before i hurt myself out of the gym
So you dont even lift anymore?

>so you don't lift anymore?
Oh no I got back into it, but my numbers were significantly lower. I fractured my shin and that took quite some time to recover from, and prevented me from doing any squats or deadlifts.

Thank you based Veeky Forumsizen, may all your gains be great, may the bitches mire, and may you make it every way.

OP out guys, derail this thread however ze fuck you like.

No, I couldn't have, because I had yet to hit 300 and still had the possibility of going to 3x3.
I mean, I could have, I could have done HIIT on rests, but that just wouldn't be the program.

It's funny how the app doesn't structure warmups this way tho
don't think his vid did, either

How does the app structure them?????

REEEEEE PLZ RESPOND ANSWER ME

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE