I just found out my best friend is afraid of me...

I just found out my best friend is afraid of me. All this time I've been thinking we got along but turns out he's just agreeing with me because he's intimidated.
I don't want this. I just want to be the gentle giant.

Storytime?

He had a birthday party and kept it secret to prevent me going. He also has completely opposite opinions of what he says to my face.
I have a temper sometimes but I've never hit him or anything. He gets scared when I get agressive and goes kinda quiet.

As a fellow giant I must inform you that we do not get to be agressive towards people we don't want to fight.
It's too intimidating, I'm 6'7 and I can intimidate my closest friends for fun but only because I've known them for 10 years.
They know I'm just a bitch ass nigga who don't do shit.
However I'm walking on eggshells when it comes to my university friends, they get scared if I show anger.

How did you find out?
Did he tell you? if so have a sit down, tell him you actually consider him as a friend

I see your point but I'm never agressive towards people. Whenever I get angry I take it out in the gym or on random stuff.

Sadly I can relate. Over the past year I've realized I need to be alot more reserved. If I even raise my voice a little or have an annoyed look on my face, ppl around me start pissing themselves. I'm 6'2" 200lbs. I'm not even huge, basically ottermode. I bench 185x5 ffs.

I remember, about 3 years ago, me and my mother got into a shouting match and when I got in her face, her knees buckled like she just saw the Hulk bust thru the wall. My mother wielded an iron fist with me as a kid. Used to beat the everliving fuck outa me. She was Omnipotent. Now she's afraid of my physical presence. It fucked with my head so bad I went from "SS+GOMAD 8 SCOOPS COMN" to running and fasting everyday for a year.

But powerlifting is a hard habit to break and I hopped on the SS meme regime again. Eventually, once im able to maintain a decent 6 pack i'll stop lifting.

I miss being able to scratch my back.
I miss being so light that running felt like flying and not a burden.
I miss being able to dress like a complete Veeky Forums fuccboii.

This increased muscle mass doesn't even make a fucking difference when it comes to bitches. Hell, people complemented my physique MORE when I was pic related, going thru borderline anorexia.

The muscle life just aint for everybody I guess..

I found out through other friends, and when I try talking to him about it he gets a scared look on his face. I have no idea how to reach him t b h.

When I was in high school there was this freakishly huge kid. He was build like shrek with hair. He would use his strength to get what he wants and wondered why people hated him. What a cunt.

If your mom fucked up your childhood why did you react like that when you finally turned the tables? I would have seen it as a victory.

Even gentle giants can be dangerous Lennie.

Get better friends

How do I tell a gentle giant from an aggressive one?

How tall are you, and how tall is he? Jesus man, if he's that shaken up over having a conversation with his friend, and he can't just openly talk man to man about what really shouldn't even be a problem in the first place, I wouldn't have any problem goin seperate ways/ not associating with him anymore, depending on how good of friends you already are (which seems like you aren't if his acceptance of you is based on fear).

Poke it with a stick

What the fuck. Im 6'7" and noone is afraid of me? Like what? I dont even

Maybe you don't look very manly face-wise?
Or are you fat or something?

I'm not a giant AT ALL but I had a weird incident with a friend. I went over to hang out and I'm much much more fit than him, he's very fat and unkept like his gamer roommates. We were joking around and I said like "I feel like I could fight everyone in this house!" when talking bout how I felt while fasted.

My friend sort of got mad and later on got physical and attacked me over nothing. His anger felt completely unauthentic. I never raised a hand to him and I could easily hurt him, but thinking back on the whole incident, was he trying to like balls up to me or something?

If someone feels threatened or intimidated, do they kind of lash out at you to show they're tough or something? I'm kinda trying to understand wth happened.

Being tall doesn't automatically make you scary. Most tall guys are just lanky or awkward and not at all intimidating.

Im not fat, kinda getting out of dyel mode (was a skelly skinnifat) and lifting regularly for 1,5 years. I guess my face could be a bit babyface, not that much though. It probably helps that i live in holland were the "normal" people are 180/190 cm.

Or this Maybe OP and I are more ogre mode than you?
Get out mah swamp

I'm Dutch too though neger, I think that's not a part of it.
Most of the guys that go to my university are 180cm although some are as tall as me admittedly.
But dude, just be glad you don't intimidate people without wanting to.
It's not a pro at all.

This

How is it not a pro, girls loooove that shit sure its not great when it happens to friends but it could be nice when it happens with strangers

>intimidate people without wanting to
>without wanting to
This part.

ITT : people pretending it's not because they're douchebags

To this thread, I think I might have some insight:

If someone appears intimidated it's not always because they're scared of you. Sometimes they just feel awkward based off how you act.

My friend used to want to be the center of attention all the time. He'd go on and tell these really awkwardly boring and bad jokes about how he did something cool or whatever and it would be just so awkward that I couldn't look him in the eye, I'd just kinda nod and smile.

Later on he asked me one day, "hey do I intimidate you?" and went on to explain basically how I act at those times and I really wasn't sure what to tell him besides "well you just talk all the time so I kinda get zonked out."

If I had a party or get together, I honestly wouldn't invite him not because he's intimidating or I think he's competition or anything like that. I love the guy and I'd love to see him with some chick at a party, but it's just the way he acts is so myopic and painfully awkward that he'd ruin my enjoyment, so I prefer for us to just hang out 1 on 1.

You and OP might want to consider this before you jerk each other off.

I'm 6'5 and I had social anxiety. I wouldn't show much emotion, or talk much. People thought I was just an asshole, and they were afraid of me. It wasn't until I did LSD and realized I should stop going around mean mugging people. So yea do LSD. It litterally changed my life. I went from a lonely stoner, to the life of the party.

I'm talking more about situations where your opinions clash with one another and it gets a little heated.
Like, in a normally still friendly way, just debating fiercely with eachother.
I've had people go wide eyed on me when all I did was reciprocate.
Like I said, my friends know I'm chill but others get visibly scared, at which point I tread more carefully.
Still thanks for the insight.

What did you do while on acid?

Sounds like your bro is a pussy brah. Probably lowers your test by association. I'd make new friends at the gym where like minded people congregate

>be aspie beta and afraid of social situations
>people think you are an arrogant shit because you don't talk to them

Nigga LSD is complicated as fuck. You gotta have the right dose, the right kind, and the right people who watch over your trip. I'd love to do some put there's too much shit to it

*but

Nah it's not that big of a deal. Just trip with a friend in a good environment and you're fine. Get some off the dark web. Easy to mail and its doesn't get sniffed out. Get it mailed direct to your address.

I've scared women away from me because I look "scary" "mean" etc. It sucks. I'm nice I just have my moments. They're not that often anymore.

Next time you and him are alone take off your pants, bend over and spread your buttcheeks in his direction. It is the ultimate display of submission and humility. He won't be afraid anymore.

>best friend
>secret birthday

Nah, he's just a faggot, not your problem
AT ALL

Beat the shit out of that coward next time you'll see him. He must learn not to bitch about people behind their backs.

I wasn't that big in school, mostly fat but quite above average. Once my teacher told my mom that a small guy from my class whom I didn't even notice most of the time came home and cry everyday to his parents that i was agressivly behaving tawards him. Fortunatly the rest of the class always thought I'm a big funny guy with a good sence of humor, might be hyperactive sometimes and can broke someshit because of clumsiness, but the last guy you'd expect agression from. So they all just started to laugh at this rediculous accusation when it came out and noone believed that little faggot.
There will always be some people with mental issues who will percieve you not as you wanted them to, just behave tawads them within the boandaries of law and cold common etiquette for your own safety.

it's real fucking hard to believe this isn't all in your head when you're 200lbs benching 185 for reps.

I'm only 6'3" and 190lb I wear boots for work, and because old boots are comfy af which I guess doesn't help and makes me look bigger, I just have a bad case of resting bitch face or something. I'm pretty nice to everyone even when I'm pissed off, and try to smile as much as possible. People still don't look me in the eye for more than a second or two or spill spaghetti when they do and tell me I'm "too intense" whatever the hell that means. I get pretty vehement about certain things though, especially when I try helping people who ask me for advice and even more so when it's sound advice and they ignore it.
Boy I can't wait to be friendless when I'm 30...

this

im the same way, 6,2 not very big though, but i've had some people say "i scared them" like just lookin at me, before they know me.
I guess its all my face, i don't smile alot and i guess i just have a resting bitch face.
it just sucks, because it makes me want to stop giving a fuck even more which means people will probably think im some smug, pissed off tall wierdo.