/IG/ - Injury General

Post injuries you've gotten and how you recovered from them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U1hIHwLsiq8
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-amUy12aDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can you recover from a injury while cutting?

After injuring my calf 3 weeks ago, I haven't been able to squat. It doesn't hurt anymore, so I tried squatting for the first time today. I struggled with 70 fucking kilos (155lbs for you Amerifats).

I'm getting pretty fat after summer bulking. Should I just continue my cut and bulk later, or bulk right now to get my squat back up?

>pic extremely fucking related

bump

How the fuck does that even happen?

Reverse SS + GOMAD

Wrist ganglion in three places in my right wrist. I've had it for two years now, I can bench press semi efficient and dumbbell press just fine but I can't do a single push-up without falling to the floor in pain. I can get them surgically removed at the expense of a lot of my existing wrist mobility but it can return again at random. At least it doesn't constantly ache and hurt anymore.

Partially fractured my shin slamming it into a bar outside of the gym. A lot of time off followed by squatting fixed it for me. I had heard that mechanical loading of the muscles will help strengthen bones, and it really worked in my case. There was a period of tenderness that would not go away until I started squatting, and now I'm 100% recovered.

What's wrong with his belly? Fat and abs?

recover well patty

Recover well fatty

if dubs mom's tits will be fine

recover well fatty

Fucked knee and lower back because of scoliosis. Treatment is quite slow. I cry 2 times a week. I have been hanging at 60-70 kilos at 9-11% for 2 years now.

fucked my rotator cuff, heald with ice and ibuprofen, started working out again, fucked up supraspinatus, going on ultrasound soon to see what is going on in this goddamn shoulder

dubs

Recover well fatty

torn ankle first year of college, crutches for 2 months, limping for 2 months, walking normally by december. Sports by March.

Recover well fatty

>has visible abs
>"fatty"

Recover well fatty

>Recover well fatty

hello newfriend

Recently i pressed while flaring out my elbows and had rotator cuff pain the next day. I dont understand how bodybuilders do that every day for bench and OHP.

Ripped off my big toe two and a half months ago.
Had a skin graft done a week ago because the wound after the amputation wouldn't close all the way.
I'm told it should heal all the way before September though,so it's gonna be close to 100 days without going to the gym ;_;

Fucking hell, I have the same stuff. Tomorrow I have the ecography and I'm scared shitless.

recover well fatty

recover well fatty

Recover well fatty

>fall on my bicycle
>land on left elbow
>fuck up left upper arm/shoulder real good
>it's fucked up for like an entire year because I didn't let it heal, just kept lifting
>plus I had shit posture, so scar tissue formed that locked me into that shit posture

>that was back when I was like 260lbs
>just the past week
>5'11, 200lbs, just getting back into lifting again after a two month break where I only did a bunch of cardio
>my form is a lot better than it used to be, actually squatting a2g, actually using my core/back when I'm lifting shit, fuark
>start to stand up straighter because my core/back in strengthening
>left shoulder keeps crackling tho

>just the other day
>fucking around with left shoulder, crackling it
>suddenly POP
>fuarkkk
>it's sore as hell but popping it feels good, keep doing it throughout the day
>day after that, lifting
>notice my ROM on my left arm is so much better than it used to be
>can actually raise it straight above my head
>actually feel like I'm using my chest muscles when I'm benching
>actually feel my back muscles when I'm doing rows/diddies
>etc

>my posture has gotten better, too

Feels pretty fucking good, man.

How does it stop you from doing upper body on machines? Does the skin rip when you stand up on that foot? Not hating, just curious.

How'd you do it?

RECOVER WELL FATTY

Daily reminder not to ignore an infection because you are a tough guy

My foot swells up whenever I'm not keeping it elevated.
It doesn't hurt but when I stand my leg gets all red and my toe gets all big and puffy.
The more swollen it is the longer it'll take to recover.

My foot went under a 3000 lb container at work.
It ripped my boot off which also degloved my big toe.

Injury: Jumpersknee (patellar tendonitis)

Fixed with HSR(heavy slow resistance training) combined with kneestrap,

did it for 1 week and noticed a huge relief, after 6 months now i still feel it when in some positions, also notice the injured knee is not as "stable" but now i can sit in cars, and cinemas.

Had the injury for about 3 years before went to the right doctor. It was ruining my life, always annoyed when seated.

Please read up on HSR if you have it and try it for a couple of weeks,

recpver well fatty

Recover well fatty

recover well fatty

flexibility? If you can squat bodyweight meaning no bar its just a flexbility problem.

recover well fatty.

Costochondritis, makes me go pic related.

first time I got it was when absolutely busting my lungs running up a really steep hill, took a deep breath and suddenly got this pain that felt like someone's hand was squeezing my heart. Was sure I was about to collapse and die, but it went away quickly.

Went to the hospital immediately after that and had an ECG and shit, doctor just said my heart is fine and sent me on my way.

Needless to say, after that I got a pretty continuous pain that felt like an electric shock deep inside my chest whenever I bent over, stretched anything on my upper body, or breathed any deeper than normal.

It took 4 months to actually find a doctor to tell me what it was, and not just send me on my way or tell me it was anxiety or imagined pain.

Been 7 months now, been back at the gym for 2 months, ocassionally get a bit of pain but it's not nearly as bad as it was where I couldn't bench press for fear of having an episode of it and dropping the bar on my throat.

If you have very short, but incredibly painful chest pains don't worry that it's a heart problem like I did for months!

recover well fatty

recover well fatty

recover well fatty

Recover well fatty

Strained a pinched nerve in my neck today when benching. Sucks

recover well fatty

>mad powerfatty detected

recover well fatty

Almost tore my dick off jelqing.

Recovery... there is no recovery from torn dick son.

recover well fatty

>Hit by a car 15 years ago
>Took me side on, biggest impact on the right knee
>HURT like a bitch but no damage on xray
>Given a physio routine to strengthen it, also HURTS
>Get's so bad I spend a year barely able to walk and go up to about 350lbs with comfort eating and depression
>Eventually sort my shit out, get into low-impact cardio, weight back down to about 240lbs
>Get into lifting, all going well
>At the beach a few weeks ago
>Suddenly the landwhale spawn of a landwhale and another landwhale
>Runs into the side of me and the same leg just buckles
>OHSHIT.jpg
>Starts to hurt worse than it did before
>Stairs are now legitimately a problem - And I live in a 4 story town house
>Go see new doctor, he checks me out, looks at old xrays
>Tells me they missed a fracture on the old xrays and my knee has probably been wearing down ever since
>Thinks Son of Orca was probably just the final straw
>Says it sounds and feels like bone on bone, no cartilege left
>Fresh xray done last week, now just waiting for results

H-h-hold me, Veeky Forums, I'm scared :-(

recover well fatty

wtf are those staples?

Recover well fatty

he looks like a zombie golem

Recover well fatty

Its gonna be okay brah.

he tore his bicep going for WR

recover well fatty

Recover well fatty :o

recover well fatty

>injuries you've gotten
Rotator Cuff injury.

>how you recovered from them.
I got injuried in March and waited 5 Months.
I fully recover and strong than before.

Just do this:
youtube.com/watch?v=U1hIHwLsiq8

recover well fatty

Pectoral. He was benching. The video is on jewtube.

I gave myself a shoulder impingement by doing military press without having the proper range of motion / flexibility in my shoulders to get in the right position.

Seriously considering suicide as I've had soreness in my shoulder for 5 months while doing all my physiotherapy exercises.

could you elaborate on that please? I don't want to have the same issue

recover well fatty

Hammer punched the mirror at the gym because I'm a psycho like that, it was bleeding everywhere but thankfully only put a huge crack in the mirror.

inb4 roid rage, not on them, but I couldn't ever go on em as I'm unstable enough without em, I'd murder someone for looking at me wrong on em for sure.

is this all you need to do? my shit has been fucked up for 2 years and it keeps coming back

>calls people amerifats
>can't squat 155lbs

Even your hand is fat, you're obvs not /fit

Try this shoulder flexion test:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-amUy12aDg

If you fail to touch the wall, you lack the range of motion to do military press properly.

recover well fatty

so what? that means I can't follow along, use the advice I've learned here over the past year I've been training and get better? It's cunts like you that make me smash mirrors on a whim.

thanks for the (You)

recover well fatty

Did you think some guy was staring you down before you realized it was your own reflection?

Pulled my groin doing light as fuck lunges, hurt like a bitch for a month atleast. No legs (not even bodyweight, absolutely nothing). I stretched every day. Completely normal now but a bit hesitant to lunge again.

recover well fatty

I had a dream where noobs were being idiots and I kept yelling "Haven't you seen that guy who teared his pectoral?!?! You need to be more careful with weights" and they wouldn't listen to me at all

Recover well fatty

>>>/reddit/
Get back and stay there, redditor scum.

lol yeah :P

desu though, i scuffed my hand on a barbell in my 2nd week at the gym :(

recover well fatty

recover well fatty.

recover well fatty

recover well fatty

recover well fatty

recover well fatty

recover well fatty

recover well fatty

>Osteitis pubis and sports hernia
>Then just sports hernia
>Going to therapy now
>Been out a whole year almost.
>Just want to run and play soccer
>Feels bad man

recover well fatty

kys

recover well fatty

recover well fatty

partially torn achilles heal in 2013, didnt get surgery till january 2015, still cant run or do anything. but i walk for an hour and a half every day for some cardio. i miss running so bad..