/plg/ - powerlifting general

Primary for the discussion of powerlifting and powerlifting training.

Pls complete the plg census

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9MwAgG4QCVedhHvJRYPyKFQdDZWbStwDYbB9eFwbdXWM6rg/viewform

Other urls found in this thread:

politicaltest.net/en(I
politicalcompass.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anybody have a meet coming up soon?

I think Fat retard does...

phil's my hero

When I grow up I want to be Fil.

First for one day I'll be as strong as the second cutest youtube powerlifter. Pic related.

can we make a petition to the women of gothenburg to get phil a gf?
i dont like to see him down

Fil doesn't deserve a gf.

He deserves a willing harem.

The man is a hero.

And he has one.
You guys are STILL falling for the memes

what kind of clothes u need senpai

This thread is FRAUDULENT.

TAKE IT DOWN

Want to talk about your lifts, friend? This is the place for you!

also

good boy jesus

thank you for posting

you are truly my greatest ally

>you are truly my greatest ally

FOR NOW

My incerstors are smiling at me, Nordic.
Can you say the same?

listen jävla skitstövel

I have tammefan no harem or gf and if you sluddrar up some dumb lie like this again you will regret it

Consider yourself warned

>incestors

well

i'm going to run off the idea that you said "ancestors"

and say "ja"

but why would you being a communist make you not my friend

Where you from, norse?

No reason, just memeing.

Plg confirmed for communist haven.
Rest easy comrades, may your work-irons be always light.

Didn't phil state that he was gay at some point?

r-really?

No, you're thinking of sean.

lads.... bought a "Rueben" flavored pizza... it tastes like garbage....

ok wew thought I was going to have to ostracize you for being authoritarian : ^ )

North eastern SD. Dads side of family came from central MN / northwestern wisconson.
Moms side is celtic, but idk wherein the US they originated

judging by preliminary plg survey data.... I really don't think thats true

Sean's bi.
But who cares?

I've been doing SS to bring my lifts back up after taking a long hiatus, and now my stats are in the upper novice range, I am considering switching to a once per week progressing programme, I feel like PRing 3 times in a two week period on all of my lifts will be too aggressive to really continue on with, So i'm thinking in the long run a four day program with variants and pause work to give me more time under the bar would let me progress at a 1x per week pr for a longer time (weight wise) than forcing 3 prs every two weeks?

nah Sean is full blown aids too.

>I really don't think thats true

:'( My political compass result was more conservative than I wanted it to be.

How long was the hiatus? What were your lifts before you quit?

i mean, its not the worst idea ever.

at some point you'll want to make the distinction from actual training in the form of accumulation, then peaking from just LP. I don't truly know how easy it is to just pull back on the throttle for weekly PR's, but it intuitively makes sense.

thats interesting. in no way is the PC a hardfast rule, but I think its very interesting how frequently I see people take it, see their result and go "HOLY SHIT there's no way I'm actually as bad as hitler wtf!"

I'm the -5/-5 :DD

ooooouiioo I just made a smelly poo poo

Seans straight, you're thinking of isley, fat retard, Rasputin or dreamer

Yeah the more than I think about it the more disappointed I am.

you mean the one with the 4 cm peenor?

fucking keke

do you "identify" as one political ideology or another? or were you just hoping to be extremely neutral?

nah sean is definitely gay or bi

some of the sings hes said to me when drunk.......wew

13cm :((

I was hoping for a bit commie or very neutral, because I like to consider myself unbiased and a critical thinker when it comes to such matters.

I got my first meet coming up this september, my hamstring is feeling fucky so I'm a bit worried. But im just gonna work through it for now

his shoulders are so uneven :/

I hope he fixed that

he'll never get oly-girl pussy with uneven shoulders

So being inherently neutral is automatically assumed with more critical thinking? I too tend to think the same thing but hearing you say it made me think about it a little bit. I would argue that being a tad bit left/right on certain issues could be seen as the "more correct" answer in certain small scenarios, which could easily mean that more critical thinking is needed to get there.

I don't know how the test weighs the metrics though, and for all I/we know it could very well be that the questions are aimed to get people who think critically about them to wind up in the middle

o

my b

>he'll never get oly-girl pussy

there are worse things in life

There are some questions that are really bad and should be replaced with something else on the political compass test. I don't remember the exact phrasing, but one was "the benefit of single party/person rule is that it is very efficient.". I mean it technically is, but it doesn't mean that answering that it is makes you authoritarian.

have you seen how much pussy oly girls pull

goddamn

He's not gay you little faggot

>it could very well be that the questions are aimed to get people who think critically about them to wind up in the middle
that happened to me with so many questions and it pissed me off that it didn't have an answer option like "situational"

>He
haha okay sean

>in love with a MTF from Brazil
>not gay
So he is bisexual at the very least, thanks for posting and clarifying.

TOMORROW IS SKILL TEST DAY
Trying to down a gallon of milk rn

Doing 326w for openers, maybe 332w for third attempts.

Looks like you're lacking ankle flexibility. That's why your torso is so inclined.
This is apart from the obvious shoulder mobility, of course.

Tried putting plates under the heels?

Thankfully it's a fixable issue.
Wish your doggo a quick recovery.

dunno, I saved it from a trappy thread and her website is down now.

I think those questions are INTENTIONALLY bad to make you think the exact thing that you just thoguht of (I feel the same way)

>oly girls

i wish

ikr

as i mentioned i think they do that very deliberately

Uh no that was you who literally emailed trappy and begged to be let in the discord and subsequently hit on him every night
Kek

are you lifting inside your house? kek

GL senpai

You gonna record your attempts?

It's not him
It's just some poor lad who had his image stolen by Trappy

>Thankfully it's a fixable issue.
yeah, just gotta make sure he doesnt do anything too strenuous until we can get him surgery. Which sucks because he just got over an ear infection he had and he's been so playful :C
>Wish your doggo a quick recovery.
thanks homie
>ikr
>as i mentioned i think they do that very deliberately
now I wanna see if I can answer in such a way to get to the bottom left cornerr or the top right corner.
it's probably easier than I'm assuming

nice trips

couldn't he just give a timestamp to prove its not trappy?

She got one of FELIPE's friend to do a video and claims to that it's her

Maybe it was Felipe :^)

Apartment. First floor though, so it's cool. And my 25 plates are 17cm outer radius, so putting the mats under makes it exactly 20cm which is the official radius.

Like this one?

Ofc, I'll be posting them tomorrow.
Can't wait for someone to criticize that the attempts are not IPF legal thus cannot have a wilks.

kys

I have a laceration.

aim for the femoral artery next time

blueshoebooboo?

boohoo.

Lovely
Intelligent
Vivacious
Intimate
Adorable

Isley has flaked arma and will be punished for it

nice neckbeard

>332 for third attempts.

This is now a political compass thread

If you're not in the blue you're a jew

link

Suggestions for Quad building accessories for me to do on Squat day lads.

And would anyone be interdasted in me writing up a meet report or na?

politicaltest.net/en(I finally found this one again and I am very excited I will post an updated version once I take it again)

politicalcompass.org/

Just do sheiko you stupid hipster fuck

Hey lad where's your meet video?

Also I made homemade bread Sunday.
Oh and I'm down below 210 now.

I can tell from the pic that you still haven't managed to figure out the difference between an unregulated market and perfect competition.

why didnt you ask me

havent you seen my quads?

Paused high bar aye tee gee (belt optional), front squats, those memey Smith machine things Norsie did, hack squats

>Quad building accessories
Front Squats, weighted lunges (be careful).

>meet report or na?
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YES THIS GENERAL IS DYING WE NEED LIFTING.

They're fucking huge bro, how much you squat?

hey old man......

are you

interested....

in me?

100x1ish

Fuck you

There isn't one. Awesome job on the cut. I weighed in at 178.5 on sunday and am already 190.

>Front Squats, weighted lunges (be careful)

I do really luh front squats, I just kinda feel bad about sitting in the only powercage in my gym for eight hours cause everyone else - LOL JUST FUCKING KIDDING I'M THE BIGGEST SQUATTER IN MY GYM AND IM A FUCKING TWINK THE RACK IS MINE.

What's a good rep range and % for programming FS right after doing some heavy back squats? I really want to add quad strength and size here so as much as I hated BBB I'm tempted to go for 5x10 @ ~%40 my back squat.

Meet report incoming, sadly no pictures yet.

so qt

Okay I'll wait for it to upload

I get it. Trappy is coaching this manlet. Thats why she has his webms.

If Haino doesnt say, "Livia has a feminine penis" he is officially trappy.

Last time when you posted your dick he said it almost gave him a heart attack

Whatever that meant LOL

belt squats a la Max Aita homie g

>a good rep range and % for programming FS right after doing some heavy back squats?
After heavy back squats? Either super conservative for high rep sets (4-5x6-8) or singles/doubles/triples at a challenging weight with a good pause. Especially with a good pause, your quads have no choice but to pull their weight.

I am the original wannabe commie you were talking to. Had to leave for a bit.

>which could easily mean that more critical thinking is needed to get there.

^This is a really interesting point. For years I have had the perspective that it is always morally righteous to have a strong opinion about things, because (as you said) it indicates that lots of critical thinking has been used to form the opinion.

In politics, however, I think my desire to be close to neutral stems from my view of the political scene as being nuanced and mercenary. I'm cautious of becoming very attached to a single party or politician because I have seen that trust is never guaranteed. (Welcome to politics in Australia.)

Are you actually doing GOMAD??

Meet report

4x4 @50% of your bs
5x8 @40% of your bs

But what is likely to happen with front squats is that your back is gonna give up way earlier than your quads.

I'd suggest belt squats instead, like the ones Max Aita shows on his supertraining video. They take the back out of the equation and lets you really hit the quads HARD.

old man you really get me going, and i heard from a little bird that i really get you going too

any... requestes?

This isnt a poem you moron

Nice man, what program # are you on right now that has you doing a skills test? Make sure you eat and sleep well tonight.

Also, have you made any significant alterations to deadlift on Sheiko? I've been reading around and a lot of people have been saying that their deadlift had not progressed very well with the base Sheiko setup and made various alterations to how they programmed DL.

IIRC, one guy suggested just doing 5 sets of 3 @ 80% and then addressing your weakness with whatever variation you saw fit. I'm gonna just stick what Sheiko has written for this cycle and see how my deadlift is at the end for now since it is still my first month.

Buda I am programming a couple months of unilateral hypertrophy work to help fix hip and shoulder imbalance.

Going to be doing occasional singles-triples of the big three, and the rest of my time spent with unilateral exercises for high sets and reps.

The exercises I will probably focus on are
>Lunges of all kinds
>One armed deadlifts
>Jefferson deadlift
>Single dumbbell clean and press
>General dumbbell upper body work

Thoughts on this? Any unilateral favorites I should program in?

Thanks.

I was pretty sure this dudes gonna die at 3 different parts of the vid

He said he's trying to 'contain' himself after the last 'incident' he had with the kids he teaches, whatever that means kek

1. How do you know so much about PL/training

2. I'm 99.9% certain you know trappy irl

POOPTINES LAST TWINK MEET
>A report

WEIGH IN

I did a classic water load followed by a taper and sodium taper and ended up going from 188 On the previous Sunday to 178 with relatively little suffering. A little bit of some loopy brain stuff (for example I walked off the scale and immediately started putting my names on my attempt cards instead of fucking drinking my poweraid). I ended up hitting 81kg EXACTLY just like my previous meet, which was kind of cool. Was actually pretty late in the draw lot, but so many first timers weren't paying attention while standing in line for equipment check that I got bumped pretty early.

SQUATS

Lifting order went up while warming up. Blake (N.A.D.) ended up showing up which was p neet, although he's been at all my meets now, so it's clear to me that Blake is stalking me AND is Sean/Trappy. Lifting order wen't up and I recognized some serious talent - #2 ranked 83 in the province was there, so a first place finish went out the window, and also the Coach for Canada's national team rolled in. I was very fuckin lucky to get to watch athletes of that caliber. The warmup room was a clusterfuck, mainly due to the first timers being to afraid to work in with the high ranked 83 and I ended up with six guys trying to work in on the rig I was on, so I bailed and went to work in with the guy who was opening his squat ten kilos above my DL third. Cool guy; very hard worker. Opened with 172.5 got three whites, second attempt 180 three whites but felt hard, so went for a safe 185 for a third attempt to secure a 5kg lead over the guy behind me and was glad I did. Misgrooved HARD but thanks to countless experience with the pooptinesquatmorning I was able to grind up what I am sure was a horror to watch. Ended up sitting in second place after squats.

>Thoughts on this?
Absolutely no idea.

I like unilateral work sparingly, when it's needed. For programming it as your primary volume source... my only concern would be how it could tax your connective tissue and stabilizers after a long period of not doing so.

Whatever weight you think you should use, go lighter. Always err on lighter... leave some room to progress before you switch back bilateral.

You have some fun stuff listed there. I can't really thing of anything else that I would add personally, but I'm pretty vanilla with accessory selection.

What do you think?

Marcel has the power of trying really really hard.

I finished ILL prep 1, did W1D1 of ILL comp yesterday (I skipped W4D5 of the prep 1) and doing W1D3 (skill tests) from ILL comp tomorrow.

I've made no alterations to the actual deadlift programming, but I did RDLs/clean pulls/snatch pulls instead of good mornings on the squat days.

I literally just copied that shit from Sheiko m8

ok so you do know her irl

strange that you decide to start tripping right after she got doxxed

>2. I'm 99.9% certain you know trappy irl
Well, Trappy knows herself