GST Foundation - pastebin.com/rk1vVJve

Other urls found in this thread:

antranik.org/bodyweight-training/
youtube.com/watch?v=-dWJfbE51xE
pastebin.com/rk1vVJve
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrEG2939TkBb_Zm-R3nXf5_0y4NJMie9T
youtube.com/watch?v=vdjWgw98EeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Palms got sweaty when he did a front lever at the top.

No pun intended.

The guy is a rock climber. He's got crazy grip strength

So how exactly I follow foundation exercises template? Do I have to do the same exercise for 12 weeks? Is not this too much? It may take years until I finish Preparatory Elements.
Also, does someone knows where I can download fundamental and handstand 3 from same author?

What's an optimal way to combine weights and bodyweight training?

Do the links to the foundation torrent include handstand?

what are some pullup bar alternatives? also is there a pull up bar that I can buy which somehow can fit in a large suitcase for travel?

i'm pretty small (~140 lbs) so it doesn't have to be too sturdy

rings

Is this a good routine? I'm new to this and am curious. Been lifting for a while, but I'm bored.

antranik.org/bodyweight-training/

It tells you in the foundation pdfs under training cycles. You choose your exercises and mastery tables then complete a 12 week training period.

Mastery bodyweight skills will take a while even years. Depends on your progress, consistency, training methods.

I'm not sure where you can find them. With kickass being shutdown it's hard to find good sources.

The optimal way to train the two will be hard to determine. It's dependant on your work capacity, recovery times, etc. You'll have to try things out and see how it goes. You may find yourself to exhausted from doing one or the other too much. It depends on your goals. If you focus more on one, the other will have to compensate. Here is a program you can try. It's a mixture of body weight and texas method,
I myself am starting Sheiko soon which is a high volume 3x a week powerlifting program. I'll be doing that and on the alternate days doing bodyweight skill work focusing on technique and low reps. Essentially a grease the groove like method as to not tire myself out so I can focus on my lifts.

No sorry I couldn't find alternate links

Gymnastic rings are your best bet. Can get a decent pair for maybe $30. Can easily fit in a small bag and can be used anywhere was long as you can find a place to hang them. Tree branches, swingsets, etc (These things can also be used as straight pull up bars too)

bump

I do regular pushups but can't do diamond pushups (literally can't do a single one). Why is this?

Weak triceps perhaps.

As you hands get closer together (eventually moving them past each other) the more the exercise becomes a tricep extension rather than a press.

Start with regular hand width push ups then do wall tricep extensions (or against a table, floor, whatever level you are comfortable at)
youtube.com/watch?v=-dWJfbE51xE

Week 1: 3x10 of both exercises, 3 times a week
Week 2: The same but move your hands in a little closer on the push ups and try to lean a little more over on the tricep extensions
Repeat until your hands are together.

You can add more sets/reps whatever but you get the general idea.

I came up with a split. Is it too much volume for someone who's been lifting for 1.5 years with weights only? I can do weighted dips and pull ups without issue, so I'm not starting from nowhere. Can someone give me some tips on it? It's a Push/Pull kind of split derived from Atranik's PPL.
The only issue I have is fitting in core/ab work. When would it be best to do that? I'm thinking core work would be best on pushing days since there are fewer exercises than pull days.
Or is Push/Pull/Legs/Push/Pull/Legs/rest optimal?

>Monday/Thursday: Push
Barbell squat 3x5
Dip progression 3x12
Handstand push up progression 3x12
One arm push up progression 3x12
Planche progression 5x30sec

>Wednesday: light cardio

>Tuesday/Friday: Pull
Deadlift 1x5
One arm chin up/pull up progression 3x12
Muscle up progression 3x12
Row progression 3x12
Front lever progression 3x60sec
Back lever progression 3x60sec

>Saturday: light cardio

>Sunday: off

Since I've never done a dedicated bodyweight routine, am I better off doing a beginner routine like the Reddit one?

Do that if you want. Ive stated many times in these threads that theres not 1 magic routine that works. As long as you are balanced you should just try it to see if it works.
What muscle up progression are you doing for 3×12?

Apparently this dude once did 20 consecutive muscle ups on the scaffolding at the side of a stage at some music festival or something.
So the story goes, he only stopped because he had multiple women from the audience latched onto him and the weighed him down too much so he just did a few chinups then took them all backstage and banged them

How many chin up negatives should I do in a set? I've been doing 5x5

Hey, I've been doing the beginner routine, but my wrist is super tight and painful when I do ring supports and push-ups, even when I do a bunch of wrist stretches. Is there anything I can do about it? I don't want any incipient carpal tunnel to get worse.

When you say regular pushups do you mean with your elbows in or out? try with elbows tucked in and hands in line with your nipples

When i started on rings my palms/wrist hurt a lot. After like 2-3 weeks, i just became used to it, just try and streatch before starting. That usually stops any mobility pain for me. Gl user

>pastebin.com/rk1vVJve
you the man OP

> It may take years until I finish Preparatory Elements.

Correct. I'm following Mastery program and by my calculations it takes 21month to finish level 7.

If you had previously done shit with your body, you test for mastery (5x15reps or 5x60s depending on the exercise), meaning you can skip several levels if you are fit enough.

You need to be able to do the IM's too, though.

I don't have access to pull up bar, so I supplement my BW training with barbell, to mimic pull up bar movements.

As in previous threads people noted that you have to figure out how your body reacts to high reps vs low reps, meaning which gives better results.

If you have been lifting, have you been doing any sort of mobility stuff? I do Foundation and it's progress is greatly suited for anyone, so I recommend that.

If your regular push ups are 'elbows in line with shoulders' then you need to do push ups with arms touching your sides, palms should be below shoulders.

You must include some form of mobility, which I don't see any, unless you include it in 'progression'.

How long have you been stretching your wrists? I only noticed I don't have problems with wrists anymore after I started L2 (each level takes 12 weeks).

5x5 that's one week right? or have you been doing that many for ....

Heavy deadlifts
Muscle ups
Front lever
Skin the cats
Dumbbell Rows
Pull ups

My hands do not like me today. Raw from all that gripping.

Your welcome

>tfw no place to rock climb in this shit small town

That looks like so much fun

We use to have a place but it closed down. They use to have it as an option for our school "sport's day" Was a lot of fun. They had one section that went across the roof so it was the hardest part. I was the only guy in my grade who could do it.

Anyone here do weighted pistol squats? What kind of weight can you do?

You do skin the cats on bar or rings? Can you even do them on rings?

I've done reps holding a 25kg plate

Rings. Doing them on a bar is just awkward. Rings allow your hands to naturally follow your shoulders

are there alternatives to pike pushups and handstands? My head gets fucked from all the blood rushing in

Do you have rings one pdf?

So are bench presses upside down push ups?

That makes way more sense. I realized I used to do them on a hammer grip bar which is a bit more ergonomic.

Do you have any detailed info on what muscles it works? I can only find "shoulders" on most websites, and the ones that normally give more detail don't have it listed.

You really should just be pushing through that. Eventually you get used to it/your body adapts to it.

Ive done 40ish lbs for 5 but dont really do it anymore.

Yes. I remember when i had this realization as a freshman in high school
Really? I always do them on both.

I created a playlist for Foundation 1 since the book has no videos for it. Sadly, I was unable to found video for these exercises: Straddle Leg Lift, Straddle Reverse Leg Lift, Shoulder Bridge Rock, Straddle Modifies Reverse Hyper, Elbow Bounce, Curl Up, Standing Weighted Oblique Stretch, Standing Weighted Oblique Rep, Outside Inside Outside Back, Half Tuck Hanging Lift, Half Hanging Lift, Single Arm Bent Cat and Bent Sideways Lat Stretch. If someone knows where I can find these, please send a link.
Playlist:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrEG2939TkBb_Zm-R3nXf5_0y4NJMie9T

>21month to finish level 7.
What you mean by level 7?
>you test for mastery
Do I have to test for mastery to every new exercise or not being able to do PL/PE1 implies starting PE2 at week 1 too?

Fuark no way bro thats insane

Just read the goddamned book. Do you want to be spoon fed like a big fucking baby for your whole life?

The book doesn't talk about level neither if I have to do mastery test for every new exercise

Handstand Push ups and Planche today
Wew

>Tfw weak handstand game
I cant think of anythibg that i suck at as much as handstand.

Is that my main man
TYSON
?

Yeah man. It's from his Tricking in London video
As a fellow Aussie it would be a disservice not to follow the stronger boys & fitnessfaqs

Will i get a 1 armed pull up by this training method?
Im basically building up from holding my wrist and lowering it over time. I can do 2 pull ups while holding my lower forearm/elbow. With the way everything is going i should be able to get it with progressive overload. Problem is im questioning if its really this simple.

I heard about that! Isn't that Mike Patton, the king of Veeky Forums?!

You may be able to get the OAP that way.
Here is a good video on progressions you can use.
youtube.com/watch?v=vdjWgw98EeI

If you watch the Intro to rings training series linked in the OP, Matt Walker achieved the OAC in 7-8 months

If you follow Foundation, all movements (i think there are 7 total) start at level 1, so if you want to do single leg squat, level 1 is:
>lay on the back
>sit
>stand up

and actual SLS is level 7 I believe.

>test for mastery
If you have done fit related shit in your life you need to find the point where you start, so if you feel confident you can start lvl 5 planche mastery, if you do that you go higher level until you can't do the mastery reps/holds then you can either start from week 1 or find the one you can do

Is this form neato?

Yeah! It is actually!!

We're very lucky to have a king like him around here
Truly a wonder of nature he is

not really. one arm pullup is a skill which takes several years to attain even for someone who is very proficient and gifted. it's not a question of muscles so much as connective tissue and tendons specifically. it's incredibly easy to overdo your training and get tendonitis on your elbow and if you get tendonitis you have to stop training pulling movements in general until it heals. to attain OAP in a safe manner it will take a long time

>dirty rug
>kissing it

he wobble too much so no

First rep was ok.
Try to keep your body line and core tight to keep you from arching your back

Several years? You can easily and safety obtain the OAP in a year of consistent smart training.
People have achieved within 6 months

Started Antranik's PPL routine + squats/deadlifts yesterday but doing it 6 days a week instead.
I've been lifting for 1.5 years and shit this stuff is hard. But it's fun so I'm excited to keep progressing.

anyone here training for bouldering/climbing?

anything specific you work into your routine as such?

It's really just a hobby so I'm not doing anything super specific, but I am working on grip with a fat bar.

Got one of these climbing hold things ages ago that I just recently hung up. Fingers aren't strong enough to practice the holds tho.

does anyone has that huge-ass list of progressions exercises from the past thread, it was a green one

anyone got a routine for those of us with access to nothing at all?

add towels to your pulls to make pullup bar/ring/whatever larger. It will work your forearms more

tight rope.

3xf float in empty space
3xf contemplate existence
1x5 drifting into the void

1xf let the madness overcome you as your screams make no sound

fxf existence is a lie

Alright, I'm gonna need some help here.
Recently I started doing this workout:

>30 climbers
>10 pushups
>30 situps
>30 squats
>50 jumping jacks

Then 30 second pause, then a set in which every 30 becomes 20 and pushups become 7.
Then a set in which every 20 becomes 10, and pushups become 5.
Then a set like the second one and then a set like the greentexted one.
For those wondering yes I am using Freeletics Bodyweight.
I never worked out before, do you think this workout will ever get me in a likeable shape?
Give it to me straight Veeky Forumsizens.
Also I am not overweight, but very slim and with low body fat and fast metabolism.

Am I Fucked?