Money and food

What is Veeky Forumss advice on eating well and spending less? I spend around 600 monthly on food and was wondering on others habits regarding money and good food.

Other urls found in this thread:

ironmanmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/articles/6406-Big-On-A-Budget.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=-8pC1l_FegM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

600 monthly just for you? Do you eat diamonds?

stop gorging you fat fuck

>600 monthly
Is that in USD? For one person? Damn nigga

1. Stop eating out
2. No, seriously, stop eating out, that shit adds up really fast
3. ironmanmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/articles/6406-Big-On-A-Budget.pdf
4. youtube.com/watch?v=-8pC1l_FegM and the rest of the series
5. Slow cooker
6. Find a cheaper grocery store
7. Did I mention stop eating out

Post your diet and prices
Shopping right, I can spend between $40-60 for over a week

That's $20 a fucking day. I'd be ecstatic with that budget.

Cook everything from scratch, never eat out. Cheese is expensive and not as protein heavy as meat. Rice, tortillas, oatz can all be acquired cheaply. Buy whatever veggies and (lean)meat is cheap.

Coupons. Discount food stores. Buy in bulk. Etc.

oh, and if you must eat out or buy snacks, set a very small budget for doing so in order to plan your month accordingly

Entire families spend less than 100 dollars a week user, entire families.
Are you seriously telling me you eat 3 or more persons worth a food every single meal?
So you're eating 5.5k calories plus every single day?
There is no way your TDEE is that high.

user must be eating out, dude. He'd have to be mega obese to spending that much at the grocery just as a normal thing. And if he is, why would he even care if it was healthy???

1.Find local fauna and flora that you can gather hunt and fish.
2.Local farmers and hunters will sell you stuff cheap(or ideally give it to you for free) if you get on their good side or have something or a skill to trade
3.Buy the basics. Buy them cheaply. Buy them in bulk.

4.Never buy any food that's premade. And if you can make things like condiments and sauces from scratch. Then do it.
Or if you have the want, learn how to do it. I made a couple of jars of raspberry jam and cost me nothing more then a bit of time picking berries and a few cents in sugar and lemon.

5.Sales. Sales. Sales. Sales. Learn them, love them, live them. Meat is the one that you should be looking for sales on. If you don't have a freezer, Get one. Doesn't even have to be a massive one, just one big enough to fit a months worth of extra meat and veg and left overs.

That's it. You only have to find out what basic healthy necessities you have to buy from the stores, which stores sell them cheapest and when they sell them cheapest and stock up.

Buying shelf stable beans, oats and rice in bulk is the cheapest and easiest calore/$ solution.

Tortillas are actually fairly easy to make.

I'm 29 and I've never gone a month that I've spent less than $450 a month on food.

Are you people eating garbage quality food?

i eat a lot of cottage cheese.
thats my main way to get proteins.
just get some tricks to get lots of proteins, and if you need kcals, then take some carbs.
if you have a normal healthy diet, they you can eat cottage cheese and some shakes with carbs to get the extra if u need it.

you dont need to go out of your way dude. just shop smart and do this.

what country are u from? and where in that country?

>600 a month

u wot? I live in ontario where food is expensive as fuck and I spend 80 a month on food

Some of us just know how to manage money, laddie.

No we're just not autistic
I'd have to try hard to spend that much food

Start a garden.

Currently gorging on a basket full of cherry tomatoes. Got many huge cucumbers in the fridge. Greens for my salads and smoothies have been free all year. All I need in some ground beef and I'll have stuffed peppers for daaaays.

And you're smart, so when you start your garden you'll compost and companion plant so it pays for itself in the first year and prints money each season after that.

that sounds like something an aunt in her 50s would do

No you're just a fat fuck who eats twice as much as the normal person

"i want some tomatoes in my salad today"
"oh, i guess ill wait a couple of months 'til they are ready"
*couple of months later*
"im not in the mood for tomatoes"
*few weeks later*
"tomatoes would be good today"
*all are spoiled*

Wtf man I only have 65 dollars left for food each month after rent and Internet bill

are you a lesbian? oh lawd

You don't eat what you want you eat what's cheap or free, I've been eating eggs, chicken thighs, rice, beans and broccoli for months now because it's all I can afford

$600/mo is $20/day

i spend more. i don't know how to cook, and everything worth eating in downtown TO near my workplace is a minimum $10

then dinner is another $10+ (like a meal from a fast food restaurant)

don't have the skills or knowledge to be able to cook

I bet you shop at Whole Foods

>don't have the skills or knowledge to be able to cook
m8 if you can figure out how to post on Veeky Forums let alone hold down a job you can figure out how to cook

women do it for fucksakes

Sounds like something everyone (except the ultra-rich) would do for all of civilized humanity

You eat what's ready when it's ready like people have been since the dawn of humanity

Holy fuck, people are not connected to the land or their food anymore.

Get cookbooks from America's Test Kitchen. Start with the one-pot meals. Live well.

i think you mean a week, thats like 60 trumpbucks in the states unless your eating 400 calories a day or something still dying to hear your grocery list in case youre not bs because youve unlocked god mode grocery shopper status

you don't need a full course meal to substitute your shitty ass fast food

most of my meals at home are pre-seasoned pasta, rice meals, oatmeal, and pb sandwhiches

all done in less than 10 minutes just put in a pot and walk away, all about 1$ per meal in cost

I used to spend ~$15-$25 a day but that was eating fast food every day or eating out.

I started getting in shape and buying mostly healthy food for groceries. But I also started putting $10 a day away in savings.

No difference in spending except now I actually save money and I'm losing pounds like crazy. Shits cash, pun very intended.

>don't have the skills or knowledge to be able to cook
Because you gave up before you even tried. Cooking for yourself is one of the easiest life skills to master, on par with driving or dressing yourself. Children can do it, literal retards can do it, unless you don't have functioning arms or have some sort of severe brain injury, you can do it too. Look up an easy recipe on Google, purchase the ingredients, do what the instructions tell you to do, and voila, you've mastered a skill that you should have mastered in your late childhood.

I live off about 50-60 AUD/week
Oats, milk, bananas and whatever apples or citrus are cheap, chicken breast, cheap fish and whatever veges are cheap
Ez pz

i jus tbought ten pounds of chicken breast for 15USD. How in the fuck are you spending so much money?

How the fuck... Chicken breasts are $7/kg in Australia if you're lucky and usually like $9

I spend $50 a week on food you fucking piece of shit. Lrn2discipline

Get most of your protein from eggs whey and dry lentils, fats from eggs and pumpkin seeds, carbs from wholegrains fruits and tubers

>600 monthly on food
How? I eat healthy and spend less than half that.

I also spend a pretty penny on food every month because I try to buy mostly organic and I cook for my wife so there's two of us.

The best thing to do would be to have a garden ideally if you want organic, but since we live in an apartment complex we don't have that luxury. If you are fortunate to have your own land utilize it! Even just a few yards can yield some serious food.
If you live in an area that allows hens do invest in them too! They are great and lay about one egg everyday. They definitely earn their worth (and are entertaining). Fishing is also highly advisable and other hunting.

Remember higher quality food (Fiber, protein) = less hungry and less food consumption overall.
So cut out all those snacks, and sugary drinks. Basically just drink water (and do not buy bottled; invest in a filter). Buy fresh (frozen's okay too) fruits and veggies to keep full. Eggs are a pretty in-expensive source of protein.

Shop around, and get the Sunday paper.

Meat is the most expensive grocery item so buy it when it's on sale and freeze it. Meat is actually not very good for you anyways; so your better off eating it less in the lung run. The healthiest meat imo is turkey, chicken, and wild caught fish.

Buy in bulk! Buy dry beans! Beans are a great source of protein. If you are super low on cash buy bags of rice; it will last weeks.

Never eat out, never buy pre-prepared food, and never let food spoil. Always make a list of what you need before shopping. Plan your meals. Frequent stores and compare prices.

it's simple. you go to the farmers market on saturday morning and you buy all the avocados, oranges, cherries, bananas, zucchini, kale, spinach, bok choi, custard apple, plums, and pears you are gonna need for the next 7 days.

this should cost you around $50 aud.

then you go to the grocery store and buy all the pork mince, beef mince, chicken thigh, milk, homebrand oats, noodles, pasta sauce, cheese, and spices/herbs you're gonna need for the next 7 days.

this should cost you around between $40 and $70.

then you go home, and you make meals with all that stuff with fresh herbs from your balcony garden (You do have a balcony garden, right?) and have a nice home cooked meal everyday for the next 7 days.

This is just a thing you do now.

this is a goy who has mastered the art of making excuses.

good goy.

either i dont like lentils, or the one time i got them i didnt cook them long enough. so i use dry black beans. though the first time i tried to make dry black beans i didnt cook them long enough, so maybe i should try lentils again

lesbian here fuck a garden that shit is gay.

it's not for anyone with a weak cardio vascular, or endocrine system. it requires modest effort.

>bulking on a university students budget
>cant even forget to return a book to the library or my budget will crash
>university decides to feed refugees for free at mensa
>raises prices for food simultaneously
>"these were two decisions made independently from each other"
>cant afford to bulk anymore

fuck

>not growing interesting food in your garden
tomatoes are hard as fuck to grow right, and generally not worth the effort beacuse they are cheap.

herbs on the other hand, are easy as shit to grow, and expensive as fuck in the grocery store.

my list of garden grows based on ease of care, and price in the store making for excellent value to grow your own:

>peppers
jalapenos
thai birds eye peppers
habanero peppers

>herbs
basil
cilantro/coriander
mountain oregano
chocolate mint

>trees
fig

Soylent

I'm eating healthier and spending less than I ever have.

The only excuse he made was living in an apartment? Hardly the worst mental gymnastics we've seen today

>youtube.com/watch?v=-8pC1l_FegM
Definitely would recommend adding veggies, he would have the budget for it if he ditched the cakes and coke.

Fuck aus/nz for cheap chicken breast and bulk foods. Mirin American prices

Gardens are great man. Grow some peppers and tomatoes, make salsa, can that shit and have a years supply of flavor for your chicken and rice. All for practically nothing but some time spent in the garden and kitchen during the best time of the year.

Jesus... I thought Ausland had all kinds of open space? What the hell do you guys do with it if not grow animals and crop?

>buy mostly organic
You do realize that 80% of the time organic is a meme made by companies to make more money for the same product right?

>tfw spend about 25$ a week buying fresh veggies and chicken cause the frozen shit here is jewey as fug with 60% breast and 40% water in odd sizes aswell.

Is acorns a scam user

We do grow a ton of stuff. Pricing is just different over here - higher cost for stuff but also much higher average income.

Also a big chunk of that space is pretty much useless for anything except dirt farming. You aren't growing much of anything once you get too far inland.

Why are you Americans like this? The world (besides Britain, which is a special kind of retard on its own) looks at you like what the actual fuck is wrong with you "people"

> t. Vegan cum stain vape

>tfw you only spend 70 dollars a month on food
Everything is frozen organic and my eggs cost 69 cent.
Thank you based Aldi's

Literally me for the last 3 days on a bulk:

Breakfast:
Kroger brand $1 pasta

Lunch:
2 Scoops protein powder
20 oz whole milk

Dinner:
16 oz can of beans
canned mushrooms
1 cup cheese
4 eggs
1 avocado

Calories: 2,906
Carbs: 260g
Fat: 95g
Protein: 166g

Waaaay fucking less than $20 a day. It's really not that hard man.

Also get your protein in bulk online.

>don't know how to cook

Also, I should mention that none of this involved anything I would call 'actual cooking'.

I literally just warmed up the beans.
Put the eggs on top, whoop, it's steamed eggs.
Boiled water, wait, hey macaroni's done.

If you can't do these things, then you're probably honestly not even capable of getting fit (dicipline, practice, education, planning, etc are all important senpai)

Eh... I've stopped using Acorns and I've just been doing meme stocks on Robinhood. I started out with 10$ and I'm about to put 100$ in because I reached my goal. Pic related I started 1 1/2 months ago.

He could be following rippletit's diet advice

you've got breakfast and lunch mixed up m8o