Eggs

Discuss eggs.
Are they good? Are they bad?
Also, how many eggs good to eat per day?
Eggs are the cheapest option I have where I am so I eat eight fried eggs each morning. They're also pretty good tasting imo.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8120521
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23021013
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11333841
atvb.ahajournals.org/content/23/8/1314.full
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vit K2 deficiency has more negative effect on heart disease than cholesterol.

But don't fucking overdose, son, unless you want your kidneys to lock up and die on you.

If your diet is good you can probably eat 3 a day and be fine I hope

I eat 2 for breakfast every day with a side of bacon. Who knew cutting could be this delicious?

4 eggs a day for me :3 gordon ramsay style

>3 a day
well i guess Ill leave humanity behind when i die. Ive been eating about 4-6 a day, might increase that as well.

similar to what said, I learned in physiology that the cholesterol itself istn bad, it's when you have some other nutrient or level of a certain substance in you that will actually store it in your blood/arteries.

I also learned that cholesterol is the basis of all hormones, so very necessary, and that is also the reason that bodybuilders on steroids, who are effectively replacing their own hormones, take out most egg yolks that contain the most cholesterol, because their body doesnt need nearly as much at that point, and the extra heart strain from the steroids themselves make it a concern

I've heard 2 eggs a day was a good limit, but then again that's probably bro-science.

I usually eat 2 eggs every workout day and 1 every rest day for breakfast.

min 2 whole organic grass fed free range fuckers per day and only cause they taste so much better than "egglands best" which I already loved cause they tasted so much better than normal store eggs. Never believed any of the butters bad > use margarine, eggs = death, coffee > horrible... 48yo / perfect lipid profile / 6'2 210 12% bf - 2/2.5/3/4 > all because eggs...

>grass fed
chickens dont eat grass, nigger. you probably mean "pastured", where they have access to worms and shit that they do eat. which is why i hate that "vegetarian diet" is promoted on egg cartons, because chickens arent fucking vegetarians naturally

I agree with you that the fancy organic cage free blabla eggs DO taste better. But chickens should eat a wide range of food, including meat and insects. Never understood "grass fed" chickens. Probably a scam.

>worked on an organic farm

lol - yep, whoops that was the beef... lemme go see what the carton says aside from expensive...

just organic... and the fuckers laying them are happy as all get out...

i get pretty cheap organic eggs; $5 for 18. pastured is where it gets expensive, and is what you really want if you have the money for it.

but i live in northern california, and local grass-fed beef is 5/lb ground, which is cheaper than most places, so it;'s likely the same with the egg situation

i also wonder if maybe the local organic eggs actually are pastured and the farmers dont know how to market all that well, considering theres only one brand that markets that way that is crazy expensive

They aren't healthy. But they are excellent for bulking

Ive had 10 a day for the last 2 years.
Everyday I have them scrambled. Chuck some sauce on that and its a perfectly balanced food.

Eggs are god tier.
At least 6 eggs a day or you are not going to make it.

this nigga seriously in here asking if eggs are good

3 eggs over a bowl of brown rice. Sounds weird, but I feel like I can take on any task after eating this god-tier breakfast. Proton, fat and carbs, baby.

Ive also been doing 10 a day, surely a few extra eggs can't do that much harm. Right?

Good for colesterol

did you have a stroke halfway through writing the post?

been doing 20 a day. feel pretty good, a nice breakfast for my 5000cals day

I just recently got on the egg train. I've tried the powder, dairy, and sardine trains for bulking. Powered just sucks, dairy is too much work for my digestive system, and sardines are great but don't have enough fat. I've been eating 4 or 5 hard boiled eggs per day for the last few weeks. Things seem to be going well so far. I've gained about 6 pounds in that time frame I think. Poop is alright; maybe a little less defined than I'd like (but pooping 2-3 times a day instead of 1-2 will do that) and sometimes very dark. Eggs don't seem to have had a huge effect on my farts either. Nothing like a greasy hamburger, at least.

All in all, good stuff.

aren't they good for test?

Dumb anime poster

Last year my brother started bulking and couldn't afford too much beef or whey, so he had about a dozen boiled eggs a day. He saw amazing gains and his cholesterol was fine. He did, however, end up building a psychological aversion to boiled eggs. He pukes every time he eats a boiled egg now. Can have them fried or scrambled though.

I did that for while and I couldn't believe I was able to loose weight. I did replace the bacon with Turkey sausage.

>grass force-fed

That's exactly how I am with steamed broccoli now. The thought of it makes my stomach churn. I used to eat 1-2 cups everyday for about 3-4 years straight.

Not very good for you but they're cheap protein.

>make it
>still a weeb

whats the point lmao

Hey, I'm in NorCal too. What brand of eggs do you get and where do you find them? I can usually find cheap organic eggs at the Grocery Outlet but it's not consistent.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8120521
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23021013

I eat 4 a day and I'm not worried at all about cholesterol. Eggs are great.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8120521

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11333841

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23021013

"in individuals with metabolic syndrome"

atvb.ahajournals.org/content/23/8/1314.full

>Low cholesterol absorption and low plant sterol levels, used as indicators of cholesterol absorption efficiency, have been reported in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2 and in nondiabetic subjects with increased fasting blood glucose levels.17–20 In obese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, baseline cholesterol absorption and synthesis correlated with glucose and insulin levels.21

>He isn't willing to shell out 8 dollars to buy two egg laying chickens
>He doesn't build a coop himself and put it up in his backyard
>He isn't enjoying 4-5 fresh and untainted chicken eggs daily

Confirmed for never making it senpai. Srsly though, buying chicks is one of the best decisions I have made in a while, I don't understand why everyone doesn't do this.

They're great for clogging your arteries.

>throw some salami bits in the pan
>wait for some of the fat to fry off
>throw 5 whole eggs in
>all dat fat and protonz
>all those fat counting bitchez

git

So is nigger semen, you fag.

Cottage cheese makes me break out in zits so I stopped eating it and replaced it with eggs about six months ago. Hard to do cos cottage cheese is fucking delicious but so far so good.

I had 8 eggs today. Still have 2 more left in the carton and 800 calories free for the day. Should I?

global rule #2

>$5 for 18

Holy fucking shit dude I live in SC and my local walmart sells a dozen for $0.68....

I eat 6 a day and I'm fine. Don't buy the ancient momscience.