I run 2+ miles on the reg, for about 6 months now

I run 2+ miles on the reg, for about 6 months now.

I've only once, or twice MAYBE gotten a "runner's high"

Are runners highs a myth?

Does one need to run more?

2 miles isn't nearly enough for a runners high

If you've gotten them before they definitely aren't a myth. Did you get them on days you were particularly dehydrated or tired? It's probably an issue of exertion to get them

I am not sure If I've had one. It may have been a caffeine high honestly. From what I remember, I was running, and just felt really, good, and kinda on top of the world. Powerful. I was listening to some good music too.

I sometimes get them. Primarily on sprints when my legs arent too injured from jumpers knee (patellar tendonitis) or compartment syndrome. Try running at 90% with no prevailing injuries*

never had. I don't like running. is there a thing such as swimmers high?

yea, sure. just dive deep down and hold your breath for 5 minutes.

Been running for 12 years now and I'm not sure if I've gotten a runner's high.
I do listen to jam band/live recordings when I run/train. When the band gets into their "jam," I for some reason smile and get a tingly feeling in my head and start running faster. Fuck if I know what this means.

I've been running for 12 years and I have no fucking clue if I have or not. When I run/train, I normally listen to jam bands/concert recordings. When the band gets into their "jam," I start to smile and get a tingly feeling in my head and then I start to run faster. Fuck if I know if this is good, but it's been happening since the beginning.

Okay, I did this and now I'm drowning. Now what?

Idk man, i some time ago i was doing some HIIT, and dude the last two sprints where amazing like i was xtc pretty crazy

You're high now mang.

longest ive run was 13km, is that enough for one? ive never gotten one.

music is essential when running, but music makes me feel stuff when not running sooooo

I ran cross country in high school, our coach was a dumbass so we did a lot of long distance training. I never got a runners high from the slow steady grind of distance. However in suicide runs, usually 16 half miles at about 95% speed I would get that exhilirating adrenaline rush feeling of being indestructible. I've recently started doing HIIT as part of a cut regimen and have gotten a runner's high every single time.

High exertion over short distances seems to more reliably produce this feeling than cruising at long distances.

I notice people have been discussing music, I listen to trap/hardstyle when I do the speed portion of my HIIT, Techno (Coone Remix)-Diplo. Would recommend.

Yeah I used to get them.

It was back a few years ago when literally my life consisted of high school and the gym. I would spend hours at the gym; most of the time running.
I would run sometimes like 12 miles a day and then weight train on top of that.

At a certain point I would get this high feeling. I was actually very depressed at this time so that may have been why.

You have to really overwork yourself to get that feeling.

makes sense , and electronic music ftw

I'm wondering if my off and on depression has fucked up my dopamine release.

I got a great runner's high last night and felt more depressed than usual this morning. Was wondering if I had just burned through a bunch of dopamine and was crashing.

t. not a medfag

Im pretty shut in most of the time and one day decided to go put for a run.
It was the best experience i ever had. Being stuck in my room i got used to all those smells and colors. My room pretty much smelled like a gym so it wasnt a big change when i worked out. When i was jogging i saw so many colors amd smelled so many things. I felt completely euphoric *tips fedora*
I dont think runner's hughhas anything to do with the distance.

I always thought it was just a feeling of 'suddenly I don't feel tired and I can finish this run.' I never seriously ran before I joined the army, thats the best I know how to describe it.

The only high a runner gets is when they fucking stop, because running sucks.

That being said endorphins are created as a natural pain reliever that mimic some narcotics after excessive exercise of any kind iirc, but in my experience it's not nearly enough.

Can I ask what this "t." means that Veeky Forums has been using all summer?
I feel like I should know but it's only been used for less than half the year and it hurts my autism since it's lowercase.

t. is shorthand for the finnish word terveisin which basically translates as 'with regards'

t. guy who explains memes to summerfags

>summerfags
I've been here for probably 7 years and have absolutely no recollection of it being used.
Thanks for the explanation, it was impossible to google.
It also is in /out/ lately too, have I really glossed over it for such a long time or is it just being used more widespread?

I was just rustling you m8. I first came across it on /pol/ six months to a year ago and being the trendy meme spouting piece of shit I am I hopped right on the bandwagon.

My memory has gone to shit so I was honestly thinking I might have completely forgotten about a meme used for years, scared me user.

I believe you get it from going past the point that you're used to.

They say it's easier for less in shape people to get a runners high because they reach their aerobic threshold faster.

I think it's a dopamine/endorphin rush.

Holy shit man, your coach was a fucking idiot. That's way too much track work for a HS XC team. You know, just bc someone tells you to do something doesn't mean you have to do it....