/plg/

Powerlifting general

Purple tie edition

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9MwAgG4QCVedhHvJRYPyKFQdDZWbStwDYbB9eFwbdXWM6rg/viewform
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any of you lads tried glucosamine/chondroitin?

I seem to have borderline chronic joint issues, soon as I get a wrist repaired a knee starts flaring up. If it works it'd certainly be nice.

>two 19 credit semesters and then 2 3 cred summer classes and I'm done

do it for NORSE

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9MwAgG4QCVedhHvJRYPyKFQdDZWbStwDYbB9eFwbdXWM6rg/viewform

Didn't do much for my step dad, iirc, but YMMV. I've heard fish oil is good for joint stuff though.

>19 credit semesters
I would probably just kill myself tbqhwyl

Yeah I've been taking 6000mg (that sounds more impressive than 6 grams) of fish oil per day for the past 3 days, my wrist is really agitating me. REALLY seems like De Quervain's, it's in the exact right area, texting makes it flare up, etc, but I easily pass the test docs use to check for De Quervain's, so I don't even know.

I did a 17 last spring

and I had enough spare time to play about 40 hours of vidya a week

SHIGGY

albeit my GPA that semester was only 3 so perhaps the vidya went to far

Fug lad that sucks. I hope you get better soon :(

I'm so jealous. I take 16 and I barely have enough time to do homework and go to the gym. I did take labs, but still. Next semester is also gonna suck balls from the amount of work I'm going to have to do.

I'm one grading off a TKD blackbelt, just need to find a school that doesn't mind i can't speak Korean and fits in with my work. I work from 1:30 to 9:30 on weekdays

I've heard some anecdotal evidence that it works wonders; however I think it to be quite expensive and probably a placebo. No hurt trying it though in conjunction with other stuff like active recovery, and fish oil.

>3.0 GPA

I hope you don't have any intention of going to grad school.

to be fair 3 of my credits is going to imply around 9 hours of work in lab a week

friendly reminder you will always be considered as long as you have a 3.0 minimum 3.5+ is preferred but its literally the current year so GPA is not heavily weighted in reference to relevant experiences and opportunities you had in uni

That's disgusting. Good luck with that lmao.

Give Panzer a break, grading can be really harsh at NC state, right Panzer?

BREATH IN THE LIFE OF THE SUMMERS DEATH

WOOOOW OOOOOHH
AHHHHH OOOOHHHWOOOWOOOH

And I'm guessing p chem, quant, and orgo 2?

Daily reminder that grad school requirements are financial requirements. They only look at grades if you don't apply early like a true autist.

it's 10:13pm. Travelling all day, and at 5:00am i have to drive to the gym, be done by 7, come home and make breakfast and be on the road at 11 to meet my girl's mom at 1. Then thursday I'm travelling at 4:30am once again and i have paper work to handle on friday. Adulthood is so fun iddnit.
/blog

on a positive note, what experience do you guys have with daily maxing first thing in the morning? I usually do it mid-afternoon so i'm not sure how it will affect my performance if at all

oh no the 3 credits for 9 hours of work is going to be a research opportunity with a professor

basically I assist in the contract research the professor does and I get experience/credits

and FYI im doing

>Pchem
>Biochem
>Inorganic
>Some meme chemistry research techniques class
>Labs for Pchem and Inorganic
>Lab Research
>Likely a literature class

>First thing in the morning
I've never done daily maxing, but in general, lifting earlier than I'm used to, especially without doing some stuff before lifting, usually ends up fucking me. Nothing moves well, bracing doesn't feel right, I feel weaker overall, etc.

I'm the same way. My head isn't right early in the morning and I end up misgrooving all over the damned place.

quite literally a well known phenomena

this is why you are advised to be up at least 2 hours before if you have an early morning meet like I did

I'm going for my first semester and I have 16 hours. Am I gonna be fucked?

Depends on your major and what classes you're taking.

You sound like a bitch and no one gives a shit about your life.

I took 17 credits both semesters of my first year in college. I ended up getting 3 hours of sleep a night during the weekdays and I had no friends. Then again, my time-management skills were horrible and I was doing ROTC, which took up most of time.

yeah i think ill make it knock on wood, most of them are pretty easy looking.

It's good that you're getting in your research, especially at such a prestigious school, like Chapel Hill, huh Panzer?

I am honored by your work, friend.

May I save this ultra-rare Poupepe?

I'm pretty ok with time management so I should be able to balance social life, studies, working out and sleep. Plus I don't have anything like ROTC to kill me

My course load for reference:
First semester
Bio 1 + lab
Russian
Russian History
Intermediate programming with Java

Second semester:
Bio 2+ lab
Russian
Calc
Discrete math

it's pretty commonly used in BJJ, but I haven't used it myself

>Bio classes
>Math classes
>Comp sci classes
>Foreign Language classes
what are you

Of course my dear sauce au fromage frites

>working out

Please, friend, this is /plg/

We call it "training".

Computer science major with a premed track that has to do his gen eds because there are a fuckload of them

I'm hoping that i can caffeinate and just focus on the one single and then just do light triples. I think it's time I start recording for form checks so I'll probably get that in too

I've done 23 credits and it ended up being my best semester. It's all about how well you manage your time and how fascinated you are by the material. That semester was

Electricity and Magnetism
Selected Topics in Physics
Calculus 1
Analytical Geometry
Western Philosophy
Advanced College Composition

yes.

I find it less to be about being too tired, and more about not yet having become grounded enough to focus. You may not necessarily have the same challenges as I do though - you won't know until you try, and I hope you smash it.

IS THERE ANYTHINF ROLO CANT DO?????

>pic not really related but "absolute madman" related

pepebless

yeah you caught me I'm just here for shits and giggles. Staying for the college talk though.

What year were you at that point?

Im projecting that I will be able to play atleat 10-20 hours of vidya a week with my 19

I'll be in class 10-12 2 days out of the week

Ill be "in class" 10-2(with a break between 12 and 2) 3 days out of the week

and 3 days out of the week I will need to come back late in the evening varying between 4 and 6:30 for a in class lab

this is going to be 22 hours at max a week in class

I will have on average 9 in research lab

this leaves me at 31 hours a week in lab or class

Assuming I put 9 hours into studying and homework some time between Monday through Friday each week which is quite enough this will put me at 40 hours over the course of M-F and leave me with a full weekend off to put in about 5-10 hours of vidya a day depending on if I want to see people that day or not or I have some spill over homework/lab reports

NC State
Chapel Hill
UNCC
UNCW
UNCG
Wake Forest
Duke
ECU
App State

Hey guys, i was just wondering do any of these colleges sound familiar to anyone here? I'm not talking to anyone in particular, just wanted to see if anybody knew anything about any of these colleges.

Chapel Hill, WF, and Duke are pretty solid. You go to any of them?

>We call it "training".

That's cool m8, u can hang out, just remember ur in our house

I'm hoping I'll enjoy what I'm taking this semester. My best, but hardest semester l, was :

Differential Equations
Microprocessors
Electric Circuits II
Circuits Lab
World History
Humanities II

Had to slog through that semester hard.l, I hated every class except history

New semester is looking super fucking easy so I guess I'm pretty hypes for a relatively chill semester.

Bio 1
Bio Lab
Chem 2
General Psych
Roman History

Semester after this one I'll get I to the meet of the program once I satisfy all these pre reqs. Thank god all my math and physics transferred over, that's a whole year less for undergrad

What's your major?

mind if i crash on the couch?

Oh pal this isn't a couch it's a

F U T O N
U
T
O
N

i can't Veeky Forums for sure

1st year

thanks f/am. Also, unless I misread the thread last night, are you taking coaching from SSB?

my pussy needs a fucking ;)

Was Computer Engineering

Now I'm going for PT/OT

He's been kind enough to take on the challenge of altering his SpotoShot Bench prgrm to my needs.

I'm trying to go pre law so I guess I'm just clueless for what youre going for. Then again I'm a fucking freshman so clueless seems fitting

Dear Diary,
Day 52 and panzer still hasn't told me where he goes to college. It's ok though, I'll find him soon enough.

which one of you big strong powerlifter boys wanna take this pussy to town :)

faggot

No, we only fuck boipussy.

>PT/OT
That's a pretty big change, good luck lad.

>getting coached by people that don't exist
Why would you do such a thing?

It worked for the crusaders, may as well give it a go.

>It worked for the crusaders
Did it?

Vitamin K strikes again!!

>Reading Degree
i don't know how you all enjoy that shit man, but enjoy getting mad pussy when you're 30

As a catholic, fuck you. But what exactly is SpotoShot?

shieeet

I would definitely like to see that programming as I never really got a clear understanding of the Spotoshot method.

Good lad.

>asking him instead of asking me

Do I go do sheiko day 1 tonight after 5 hours of uni classes and get home at 3-4 or go tomorrow and get home at 2 instead?

Was meant to start on Monday but was too busy with uni, really don't wanna start on a Thursday desu

>But what exactly is SpotoShot?

I seem to remember that one of the conditions of running the program was that you weren't allowed to share its secrets.

Hey man, the kids are alright.

When you reach out to me, how will I know it's really you?

I'll throw the trip on if it'll make you feel safe, my canuckistani friend.

Honestly I can't even remember your trip. If you're part of the treehouse, Joe knows how to reach me.

For now, bed.

>treehouse

He lifts the logs motherfucker, not lives in them

b-bump?

>tfw still awake

The anxiety is real. Thank fuck I'm still on break and don't have class/work tomorrow, or my skill tests would be fucked.

Yeah. Otherwise you'll go into next week going thurs-sat-mon. 2am is pretty fucked already so might as well go all the way lad

Stats?

Ask me again tomorrow, testing new maxes.

Damn straight it is.

I was surprised how much math/physics pre-reqs it had.

Calculus I + II, Physics I + II and labs. I thought I would go in with next to no transferablke credits but I shaved off about a year. Plus Chem 1 and some of my English stuff transferred over.

All in all, I wasted about 1 year, so I'm not too upset about it.

Take some melatonin and hit the sack negro

what do you do for work

I probably won't be browsing tomorrow. What weights you going for?

>melatonin

Waste of money Tbh.
I just got too much sugar from all the milk + anxiety because I really wanna lift heavy shit right now = can't fall asleep.

I used to take melatonin + ZMAs and it worked well for me, but this was about 2 years ago. Don't know if it was placebo but hey, it worked. Should really go out and buy some again since I've been having the shittiest sleep schedule recently.

Sometimes it's best to just stay up until your body is tired instead of just forcing yourself to fall asleep.

Are you in Hamburgerland?
If so, PT went from Masters to Doctorate sometime in the past couple years, bad luck man

why do i have to be so autistic

Story?

Let's try a triple meme combo.

I do fine, see pic related.

Try harder not to be autistic.

There are no melatonin + ZMA in the jungle.

Now for a serious post...

Something along the lines of pic related, @63

Hey Captain aren't you planning to go up a weight class? What to?

Yup.

Gonna have to finish undergrad and then go to grad school for PT/OT when I'm done. I'm doing a memey exercise science/kinesiology undergrad which isn't gonna be enough to really sustain myself once I'm done, so I'm gonna TRY HARD to get a near perfect GPA so I can guarantee that I'll get into a good grad school program.

>63
Girl or short twink?

Also

WHAT THE FUCK THE 63 DEADLIFTS MORE THAN ME RREEEEEEEE

darn I guess my love wasn't enough

Idk where you live, but here in THE LAND OF THE FREE, we destroy all our woodlands so we can replace them with shopping malls and suburban neighborhoods.

So your point is moot.

Greentext it.