Is she right?

Is she right?

decent bait I guess, we can probably go deeper with it though

>girl opinion
Who cares

I want to lift heavy things a put them back down again for the sole purpose of ripping and tearing my muscle fibres and then consume massive ammounts of protein powder to repairs said torn muscles.

If you breathe oxygen you are a failure living in fear of death

A false dichotomy? On MY internet?

The only correct answer.

this

She may have been fat, really really fat. Like hell I'm even going to humour the opinion of a fatso

What makes you think its a girl's opinion?
Its an anonymous Veeky Forums post.

the OP said so you fag

>Listening to girls about anything except cock sucking technique

Failure

Guessing the skinnyfag guy she was dating started lifting, got more confidence, and left her for a girl who would appreciate him

Because you wrote "is she right" in the OP. I'm also guessing it's your own post in that image, lady.

>"Lady"
>Fat shallow whores deserve respect

I've been listening to Bill Burr to much
>hey LAYDEE

she's totally right, bro. Everyone should aim no higher than the baseline of "physical well-being" and never try to reach any heights higher than that. After all, that would just create needless competition for the shallow whores who write posts like that one.

point #1 can be applied to literally every activity that is not sleeping, working and/or eating.

well yeah doing stuff other than that either makes you a burden on society or a degenerate.

You can explain literally anything away as overcompensation or "because you're a failure" with the bullshit pop psychology that everyone and their mother seems to be an expert in nowadays.

Also calling someone out for being a failure/overcompensation could itself be interpreted as an overcompensation due to the person's need to have a psychological leg up on the person theyre analyzing, attempting to elevate themselves into a position of intellectual superiority by creating a false sense of distance and impartiality between themselves and the people they're trying to judge.

>Hey, its not chads fault he's naturally in better shape. He doesnt even work out!
>hey, its not my fault I'm naturally fatter than stacy, she doesnt even work out!

This is what women believe. They dont want to have to think about working for something, it should just all naturally fall into place.

She sounds like a whore.

How is it a failure to un-bore yourself if u are bored

Omg u wimen

What a pity for a man to die without learning the wonders of which his body is capable - some ancient Greek dude
Sour grapes - the fox from a tale of some other Greek dude
Men want to climb the mountain, women want to bring the mountain down and declare where they are to be the new mountain - user
This is bait - user
Kys - user

being able to lift heavy things is extremely useful. who ever wrote that is retarded.

Right, strong people are harder to kill and more useful in general :^)

>What a pity for a man to die without learning the wonders of which his body is capable - some ancient Greek dude

The most often misquoted man in the history of the world.
He (Socrates, although we only know him from Plato's writings) never said anything of the sort, and was a short fat man, whos life was eating at different people's tables while offering conversation in return.

Well, if he didn't say it he should have said it. What does it matter who said it anyway? It could just as well have been Socrates. Therefore it was Socrates.

>It could just as well have been Socrates.

Except it couldn't, since this statement goes against all of his philosophy and teachings.
If Socrates had said it, it would be "Don't put too much olive oil on your bread, and take a walk outside even if you have nowhere to go".
Nothing about bodybuilding, just making sure you don't get fat enough for it to cause you pain.

Yes

Just cause it sounds gay doesnt mean its not true

Like the fact that you suck dick and love every minute of it

>some ancient Greek dude = Socrates
I didn't quote a specific name, silly user, and what I said still fits as a response to the thread, while what you said doesn't.

I've seen that sentence missattributed to Socrates hundreds of times on Veeky Forums.
I know which greek you meant, because I know what made up meme image you saw it on.

Yes, but it is still a strawman and you still haven't cited a source for your claim. It's all over the internet btw, not just Veeky Forums.

(Strawman in this case means that it doesn't matter if Socrates, Confucius or fucking George Carlin said it, it still holds true)

No, she isn't right.

What a bizarre attitude toward fitness.

It's from Xenophon's Memorabilia, where he, like Plato has also done, uses Socrates as a character to preach his philosophy.
So Socrates didn't say it, rather Xenophon said it via his character "Socrates" in his book. And of course the quote is butchered. Here is a translation:

>I tell you, because military training is not publicly recognized by the state, you must not make that an excuse for being a whit less careful in attending to it yourself. For you may rest assured that there is no kind of struggle, apart from war, and no undertaking in which you will be worse off by keeping your body in better fettle. For in everything that men do the body is useful; and in all uses of the body it is of great importance to be in as high a state of physical efficiency as possible.
>And because the body is in a bad condition, loss of memory, depression, discontent, insanity often assail the mind so violently as to drive whatever knowledge it contains clean out of it.
>But a sound and healthy body is a strong protection to a man, and at least there is no danger then of such a calamity happening to him through physical weakness: on the contrary, it is likely that his sound condition will serve to produce effects the opposite of those that arise from bad condition. And surely a man of sense would submit to anything to obtain the effects that are the opposite of those mentioned in my list.
>Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit. But you cannot see that, if you are careless; for it will not come of its own accord.

So again, its not about bodybuilding, its about not being fat enough to hurt yourself.

Sure, the best way to live is to stare blankly at the wall for hours every day to show everyone that you're not a slave to desire, aka a failure

Yes, but who the fuck cares im here for the gains and mirin. Also why is being bored considered being a failure? Rich and successful peopld get bored all the time and fill in with working out, does it even matter if we are trying our best to not be a failure?

>bodily beauty and strength to their highest limit
>just don't be fat enough to hurt yourself
Ok user

>even when i give him the context he STILL takes it out of context

"Such men should be taken outside the city to be beaten and hanged." - Socrates.

>this whole post

Taking things "to their highest limit" sounds like a bit more effort than "don't be fat enough to hurt yourself".

He was not talking about bodybuilding, sure, but he certainly wanted you to be in peak condition, as much so as possible.

As humans we evolved around being fairly physically active, either hunting or farming to.get our shit together. Our bodies work best when we stay active, do cardio, get our heart rates up for a while. Any study that compares active vs. Non-active adults age 30+ has pretty clear results- those who do cardio and stay active regularly have significantly less signs of aging and other cellular damage. your mind also works best when your body is fit, our whole body is a system that works together. Saying we don't need exercise to function optimally is an extremely uneducated statement that is completely wrong.

I am a female and I posted
Stop using every goddamned excuse to try to hate on half the worlds population. Fix yourself instead

>bitches about pop psychology
>then proceeds to go into a long rant as an obviously uneducated "armchair " psychologist
Is there a picture of you under "hypocrite " in the dictionary?
>of course someone who complains about "pop" psychology would pull this stupid shit

Many males believe the same thing. your biases will only hold YOU back in life.

Your post is like a Rorschach test gone horribly wrong.

That's my point. I was trying to spin OP's behavior a similarly retarded way that "she" did.

You can come up with any bullshit explanation to magic away any particular behavior you don't like to maintain your worldview under the guise of vaguely believable ideas concerning human psychology to add weight to a nonsensical, unverifiable claim. Neither what I said nor what the OP said has any substance or ability to be checked with any accuracy; they're just decent-sounding blurbs that seem logically solid enough at first glance to spout as though they were fact, when they're nothing of the sort.

spbp

>its about not being fat enough to hurt yourself.
>as high a state of physical efficiency as possible.

Why I lift:
I want my body to be a statement by my self. I don't want it to merely be something that just is, a result of lack, but something that I have chosen, that my will has enacted.
Achieving a good physique (at least on those grounds) is the complete opposite of being a failure.

This is so incredibly witty yet simple and short, amazing. Behold: a monument to humanity's hostility to people on a Babylonian trade exchange tablet.