Leg day

Okay, I honestly thought it was a joke, a meme, a farce... but 95% of the men at my gym look like pic related. What gives? Women CAN'T find twig legs but giant biceps attractive.

All around aesthetics is more attractive, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K1dRDPbbTaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes it is. But the thing is, most women don't really give a shit other than the meme HEIGHT FRAME FACE so it doesn't make that big a difference.

I can immediately tell if you're useless for sports and just care about flexing biceps and abs in front of a mirror, its kinda wew -feeling.

Like why wouldn't you want to be all around strong and muscular?

Like, I'm a complete fucking noob and just started lifting 2 months ago, and I just don't get get it. I feel awesome knowing my whole body is proportionate. Of course I'm a manlet, but still.

This sounds like an easy way for you to work your way in to the top 5% of men in your gym. Congratulations: you've just found your path to making it.

Thats not true, just look at mma fighters/ muay thai fighters alot of them has small calves

I'm not ripped by any means, but I'm not pathetic. I do leg day twice a week & run a 5k 4-5 times a week. I get comments on my legs often from my gf & her friends.

>"your calves look so nice"
>"you must really work on your legs!"
>"do you hike a lot? it looks like it"

I used to be 240 lbs (down to 165), so carrying that weight around may have played a role in shaping my legs & building strength, but making sure I work every body part equally goes noticed.

there's this really attractive guy who does only squats for his leg day.... it's kinda depressing because he is a QT3.14

tfw want 2 boyfriendo him and teach him more leg work out so his thighs can get thick and juicy

>literally the only person that squats at my gym
>I'm female

Why exactly IS it that so many men skip leg day? I know legs are harder, but the rush you get from a successful squat is so goddamn rewarding. Nothing quite like waking up the next day and having to waddle down the stairs.
A fat set of quadriceps infinitely more impressive and attractive than a bicep. Before my bf went on his cut he was squatting 100kgs and his ass was fucking glorious, the kind of j00cee booty you want to take a bite out of.

gross. kill yourself roastie

Yeah but they don't usually train for mass and calves are hard to grow anyway

This isn't /r9k/ neckie, back to tendies and Mountain Dew, this is no place for betas.

>implying 100kg is a lot. That's fucking pathetic. Nice bait m8

>Veeky Forums
>no place for betas

TOP CUCCK

>he doesn't know how to greentext

100kgs doesn't stop me from sucking his dick every night. 100kgs is THIGH by me AHAHAAHAHAHA xDD

Is anyone else horrified that women post in Veeky Forums

This is a secret male club you are not welcome here

Its like women who go to a barbershop…sure you can get a haircut but what the fuck are you doing

Sick of faggots like invaded Veeky Forums tbqhfampai. This board has always had a record of having men and women browse equally, and as long as both are here to get their shit together it's no skin off my back.

getting huge forearms is about as difficult as getting huge calves.

the most muscular part of the legs (quads etc) is usually covered, whereas the most muscular part of the arms is usually not covered (short, tight sleeves or tanktops)

this is why it usually looks like people look leg day

No. Women have always browsed here.
>secret male club
Back to 2004 m8.

*skip leg day, not look leg day

obviously

cunts

isn't . Women are welcome as long as they don't expect special treatment.

manlet detected

you're right about having a balanced body, but being able to squat over 3 plate really isn't beneficial in any kind of sport (on the contrary, actually), so in a way that's also just vanity.

I think you came to the wrong board. /r9k/ is over there

Guy here brings up a good point. If you want your legs to look muscled in shorts and not get featured in a funny "don't skip leg day" picture, you should focus on your calves too.

As for the OP: Because the agony induced by the DOMS is fucking unreal if you have a casual approach to gym going and only hit the legs once a week, and on top of that don't use your legs much after that. I tried a brosplit for a good four months, and could not fucking stand training legs.
If you hit them twice or thrice a week, you won't hurt.
If you do your prehab and rehab and stretches and focus on active recovery, you won't hurt. Much, anyway. But that requires a more dedicated approach than just "hitting the gym".
However, because people are ingrained with the belief that lifting is best done in a brosplit and that there's supposed to be only a single leg day, that's what people keep doing, in turn leading to them skipping leg day, in turn leading to skinny legs.

>Wichita Falls Athletic Club has just made a deposit of 2¢ to your account

is it true cristiano ronaldo browses Veeky Forums?

Nobody cares about legs other than ugly looking tards who convince themselves they are somehow superior for only doing squats and deadlifts and looking like shit
>a-at least I have legs !
Yet nobody cares, specially girls. The only girls who might care are the 'fitness' type (not cardio bunnies) who most of the time look weird, old and washed up

legs too big
perfect

exactly this
train your legs but they're one of the least important muscles for aesthetics

Least important until it gets way out of balance with upper body. Then it becomes most important, because you look like an idiot.

sukky eyebrows
WOULD SMASH THO

we are talking about "manly" sports, not about soccer

>Big guy at gym
>Benching 2.5 pl8 or so
>Be me, doing squats
>Big guy comes over
>Starts squats in the rack next to me
>Struggles with lmao1.5pl8 squat
>I'm doing lmao2pl8 ATG high bar
>His knees are buckling in on every rep
>I've only been lifting seriously for 3 months

This guy probably could've been lifting 4 pl8s by now if he'd worked on his squats as much as he did on his bench.

Also, r8 my troll pls
>pic related
I think he took me seriously

I want so big quads that regular people will notice when they meet me. I mean absolutely gigantic, they're the coolest muscle followed by anything shoulders.

>DYEL that can't squat at least lmao3pl8 detected

I know people at my gym that have the same mentality as you people. Let's just say they're definitely not aesthetic, especially with their fucked up proportions.

From your post, I think I might be doing a 'brosplit'. What are the alternatives to doing chest/tri's/calves back/bi's/abs etc. with only one leg day?

>squatting lmao3pl8 isn't beneficial to any sport
Nigger what. Ice hockey, football, rugby, etc. It helps any sport that requires you to murder your opponent

I'm not saying to not train your legs, sure do them to an extent, but taking pride of just having legs is even more retarded than not training legs at all. There are countless fat idiotic tards who only squat all day and mock people who look ten times better for having legs smaller than them.
People who don't go to the gym don't notice legs at all.

No one is saying to only do squats and DLs. This whole thread is about a balanced physique > no legs

>mfw co-worker just started his second cycle and he STILL won't do legs.

Literally why? He was a (low tier) college basketball player, so he should know this stuff right?

> but taking pride of just having legs
Stop spewing shit, literally no one takes pride in having legs without a good upper body to match.

>There are countless fat idiotic tars who only squat all day and mock people who look ten tiems better for having legs smaller than them
I can only imagine you're trying to portray powerlifters here, in which case they aren't mocking them for having smaller legs, they're mocking them for being weak as piss compared to them.

You are literally creating issues that don't even exist.

>Stop spewing shit, literally no one takes pride in having legs without a good upper body to match.
First day on Veeky Forums I see

How can you detect my being a manlet if I admitted to it?

Speak for yourself faggot. DYELs might mire their quad insertions/calf genetics on this board but it doesn't mean they're only training legs.

WOMEMEITY GENOCIDE WHEN

The funny thing is that Veeky Forums spreads memes to reddit which spreads memes to normies which then spreads to women. we spread the leg day meme and now women like like men that don't skip legs. The problem is normies HATE doing legs (tbqh I hate squats too) so they'll never have good legs while the minority of men who lift weights will work legs.

By working legs you automatically become more attractive to women than those that don't because of this. Plus the added bonus you seem strong as fuark deadlifting 4pl8 since nobody else does it. Also you become better in bed.

t. Someone who doesn't skip legs

>Asking for advice on Veeky Forums, ever

>lifting only for girls and aesthetics
Get the fuck outta here, Veeky Forums is waiting for you

If you think girls don't care about nice legs and especially a nice butt on a guy, then you haven't been with enough girls. Get out of the house more you fucking NEET.

>Before my bf went on his cut he was squatting 100kgs
>ass was glorious

Ayyy lmao, your faggot boyfriend is dyel

Since I've started lifting I've never skipped leg day.

My gf's friends keep pestering me saying I have nice legs and saying they want to feel my ass.
My gf gets jealous as fuck too.

Have I made it?

>implying squats improve calves
His thighs look fine, its either a genetic curse or he doesn't do calf raises, it's not caused by skipping leg day

>saving pics of girl's asses on your computer
Are you a lesbian?

Fuck senpai pls tell me desu

Yes, and he's also the driving force behind why /b/ initially went from posting joke Hitler memes to now everyone being fully GASTHEKIKESRACEWARNOW.

Ronaldo is a proper legend.

>Started squatting in high school at 16
>Towards the end of my last year, one of the girls I was close to told me that all the girls in my grade made a list of the guys with the best asses
>tfw I had the second best ass in the grade

Felt so good breh. Too bad I don't get as many mires now in the real world as I did in highschool.

The legs doesn't grow like the rest of the body, I work my ass off in leg day and they don't grow like chest, back, biceps, etc.

Genetics are hell. Anyway, yes, a lot of dudes skip leg day, but many of us work hard and the results aren't that great, it takes time.

Never understood "T-rex" mode or working legs "too much". If you're natty, your legs can't be too big. Powerful legs are awesome.

Olympic weightlifters do legs like 90% of the time. And they don't look like a T-rex. Where did this meme come from?

It came from DYELs. Plain and simple.

will I look like this eventually if I only squat and DL for legs? Currently got a 4pl8 dead and 360 squat, but my calves don't look huge.

Depends. If you do squats and DL focusing strength (5x5, heavy triples etc.), then no, your legs will grow and you will look proportionate.

If you however fall for the body building meme and muh hypertrophy for your squat and DL, then you will eventually plateau and you will end up looking the same, or like OP.

It's really easy to progress with legs than chest/upper body. I was able to squat / deadlift 200lbs before I could even do one a one plate bench. It's just beginners really

lol. if I was doing 405 for or 360 for 10+ reps then I'd be insanely strong.

Honestly, I don't understand how you can look like that...just walking should be enough to not have legs like an Auschwitz jew, if you'd ride a bike you'll have forever acceptable calves.

3pl8 is barely anything, even if you only squat once a week with progressive overload you should be able to do that in 3 months

That's how he detected it you retard.

>mfw my right calf is twice as small as my left.
Getting hurt seriously sucks.
Your leg muscles atrophy when bed ridden.
My right calf used to be bigger than my left but after 2+ months of not taking a step on it, it has shrunk.
I'm not going to be wearing shorts anytime soon but I'll try to get back to at least where I was.

What's wrong with dumbbells?

God most of you dyels are retarded, people on shorts are not even showing their quads, on pic related it's an olympic lifter with cloth tight as fuck so it's easy to see his quads. Watch youtube.com/watch?v=K1dRDPbbTaA to the simple normie it would seem they skip "leg day" which is fucking bullshit, they are just using loose shorts which prevent the quads from showing. Look for the leg video on his channel and you see him getting 315 on the squat. Also, calves are mostly genetics.

is it me?

That's the gayest shit I've ever seen.

/r9k/ needs to fucking go.

because we grew up seeing buff guys represented with emphasized upper body mass but underrepresented legs.
we like an exaggerated v taper, but the equivalent development looks weird on legs

Yet it proves my point that only dyels think that gym rats skip "leg day".

The trick is to wear relatively tight chinos if you have decent thighs, loose shorts don't really show off your legs at all.
Or if you're confident in your posterior chain there's little stopping you from going full volleyball shorts, although I don't recommend doing this before tanning for a week or so beforehand

You have no idea what his history is or if he was injured and is slowly coming back...

>tips fedora

>criticize attention where bragging about her boyfriend's lmao2pl8 squat

>I'll call him a robot and he'll leave in shame

Keep on defending m'lady

Will you be able to survive the shame after some SS+GOMAD faggot pushes you over like a bitch?

Wew.

>I had the second best ass in the grade

That would be amazing if women cared about anything other than first place

Which guy had the best ass?

I'm asking for a friend

Regular Sherlock Holmes that guy.

>be female
>have browsed Veeky Forums every day since 2005
>will never fit in here
>lurk and occasionally post anyway

First off, nice job posting somebody who recently gained control of their legs, classy

Secondly, 90% of a females physical attraction is based on your HEIGHT, FACE, and FRAME. These are not changing with lifting. I'm not even going to bother addressing the uggo obsession with leg day, and how it's their way of feeling better for having a shit face

You may be a little autistic. It's okay I am too

t-thx fit

>be female

Unless you show tits your opinion is trashed and ignored.

you know what you have to do.
post legs.

It's a dude talking about himself pretending he is his own girlfriend. Everything about the way he is typing indicates male.
>I am not female.

>still sore after workouts

Do you go once a week like everyone else who talks about being sore the day after a workout?

>tfw sprinter so never do leg day

comfy

They're not even close to impressive, dunno what she saw in me.

post them bitch

literally nobody cares about leg size except men who fell for the SS meme and have no chest

what does one think about training legs for the so-called 'hormonal boost' effect on other body parts?

before I ever touched a weight I had massive legs and calves - so always neglected them. They're still my best body part.

Am I holding my upper body back by not smashing out the squats?

I'm that poster and the fact you think women don't save pictures of beautiful/hot women too shows how naive you are. It's inspiration for me cuck.

>so-called 'hormonal boost' effect on other body parts?
Fairy tale.

>before I ever touched a weight I had massive legs and calves - so always neglected them. They're still my best body part.
Doubt it. That's what they always say.

>Am I holding my upper body back by not smashing out the squats?
Maybe some core stability but you're not missing out on much.

>still hasn't posted tits.
Yeah sure, we believe you.

I go three times a week but my legs get sore if I get lazy and skip my warmup or go up some weight too fast from impatience.

>"NO GURLZ ON THE INTRAWEBS Xdddd"
>the current year

Bruh.