Your knees should never go beyond your toes when you squat bro

>your knees should never go beyond your toes when you squat bro

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iBHc323QwFE
youtube.com/watch?v=FkEozM4mBPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I still wonder what retard came up with that.

>the second you put weight on there your knees are gonna explode bro

Dat serratus

That saying might be a myth, but can you honestly say what that China man is doing to his knees looks healthy? Sometimes when I go atg it doesn't feel all that great especially with pause reps

>but can you honestly say what that China man is doing to his knees looks healthy?

They're probably in damn better shape than yours will ever be.

Bro I atg 185 three times nigga

This is the most retarded fucking squatting myth ever.

Doesn't take into account
>foot size
>body composition
>flexibility
>fucking any person-specific features

Its literally just a retarded "truth" bros tell each other so that they don't have to squat deeper than a half squat, or else they'll have "bad form".

I have a size fucking 7 (US Men's) shoe size, and good ankle flexibility. I can have my knees track over my toes during a low bar squat and still keep my heels planted and decent bar path.

Fuck this myth, holy shit

oops
here watch this
youtu.be/iBHc323QwFE

I-Is it okay i-if I g-go above 90 degrees?

Forgive me I am a b-bitch ;_;

That's not how joints work

anyone here squat barefoot?

Thats not helpful

In my experience the further you push your knees, more stress knees take. Don't know if it strengthens ur knees or fuck them up. If your main goal is to build mass, no need to find out.

First off don't fucking type like that.

Aim to at least break 90 degrees, if you can't then lower the weight.

I have long legs relative to my torso (6'2")

Should I still be able to squat properly? It feels awkward as fuck and I'm very weak

Open up your his and spread your knees out more, you squat between your legs, it's not just a knee-bend.

>your his
*hips

I do, I don't know why I like it so much considering I squat pretty narrow and upright too
I think it's something that it says in SS.

I mean, SS is a SOLID beginner program, good gains fast, but Rippetoe's form advice is uh... less than solid.

>can you honestly say what that China man is doing to his knees looks healthy?

Professional weightlifters like him train exactly like that almost every day with extremely heavy weights.

If it were somehow bad for his knees they wouldn't be able to do that for even one day.

what did he mean by this?

>push your knees
Doing it wrong right off the bat.

>I think it's something that it says in SS.
No way.

Pic is from SS, and it even has a line specifically to show that your knees are definitely going beyond your toes.

if you low bar squat correctly, your knees will be just about in line with your toes, if not less. shoving your knees forward causes you to lose tension in the hamstrings on the LOW BAR squat and that tension is what helps you get out of the hole.

That's not heavy man. My gf does 185 3x 6-8 and her weight is 150 at 5'7. Booty lookin good 2

You shouldn't have huge hamstring tension in a correctly performed low bar squat, you should be a lot more upright and look forward than what is taught in SS
Then I don't know where it's from, but there are problems I perceive with how this form is taught.

youtube.com/watch?v=FkEozM4mBPc

Good low bar, though the first rep is maybe a tad high.

Posting Jezza Uepa isn't really fair though, he's built perfectly for huge squats. I agree with you that staying more upright is usually better.

Rip teaches the squat the best way for the general pop to use to get stronger. A powerlifter is going to train differently that someone who is just starting to lift weights.

also, the guy you linked is squatting high bar

kg not lbs my nigga

why do people always sport bodyweight as if it's supposed to make the lift more impressive?

we get it, you're a manlet that can squat

No, break parallell you fucking marshmallow