>Things you don't like in modern fitness

-Shit like pic related. Everyone wants a magical routine that does everything and takes only 40 mins each day. It doesn't exist. You can't look like an athlete without putting in the work athletes do. You can't go from fat beta slob with a bitch estrogen face to a ripped athlete who has been working out from childhood in 2 years. It's impossible. If you want to look really good you have to change your lifestyle entirely, you have to sacrifice social activities, you have to give it your all. Or you can roid.

-Way too much focus on how much someone can lift in the big three and none in other areas of fitness. What is the point of squatting 200 kg if you can't do 1 pullup? Or deadlifting 4plate lma0 if you can't run 5k comfortably? This board falls for this one terribly, they are fat and out of shape and think they are more impressive than people with nice physiques.

-Way too much emphasis on 'rest days'. The average person isn't 1/10 as active as the average person 50 years ago, and they are so pussified they think that they deserve to sit on their ass all day because they 'lifted heavy'. You get all sorts of memes about muscle catabolism and shit which are plainly untrue, real fit people excersise every single day with varying intensity and nothing happens to them. It's just justifying the lazy mentality of our society.

-0 respect for techniques that have been proven to work such as high volume work for hypertrophy, as well as 0 mention of cardio in a ny popular routine. It's because the afformentioned are hard and people these days think you can look great without trying.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/truth-about-bodybuilding-genetics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Crossfit is way less cancerous than the 'do squats and bench and go home and eat 4k cals am i l33t yet' crowd

I think that image is more to just sell someone. Like a fat slob wouldn't dedicate 12 weeks unless they were told it's going to magically change them completely. It is misleading I'll agree, but I think it is needed to convince people to get off their asses.

Agreed with everything else especially the rest day thing. I do WL stuff so my off days are spent doing tech work with the bar and doing a ton of mobility work to get better flexibility. People just outright doing nothing on their off days is lazy and retarded.

Bro. She squats!!!!!

Wow OP you are sure a special snowflaque with unique and very contrarian opinions, wow so superior

Kys kthx

>Being this buttmad because you fell for fitness memes

crossfit and all that has to do with snap city movements at high reps

Op here. My oponion on crossfit is that its severly misunderstood. It is not for begginers. Most of the guys doin it are athletes already and have a strong fitness base. Kipping pullups actually require quite a bit of technique and you cant go from 0 pullups to them immideately.

>Kipping pullups actually require quite a bit of technique

Sorry pressed post accidentaly

High reps are legit. Muscular endurance is extremely important for every single sport .

Basically im saying this board should do other fitness disciplines besides lifting qnd they should way more cardio. You cant be giving fitness advice if you cant take 100 pushups 12 pullups and run 1.5 miles under 7min

Post all the frogs you want. Gymnasts work kipping pullups all the time.

>1.5 miles under 7min

This is Veeky Forums, not Runner's Monthly

Its not even that impressive desu.

sub-5:00 is pretty fucking tough and you'd need to do a good bit of running to get there. You're talking a 4:40 average, that's really goddam fast for a casual runner.

let me guess, you're also a fightfag?

I am.

The whole point of workouts like SS and SL 5x5 in your pic related are that they work your entire body every workout. If you're doing isolation workouts, you don't do chest everyday do you? How about when you do arms? You don't do arms every day do you? No. So the point of full body workouts is to be able to use your time that you spend at the gym to the fullest. Currently doing SL 5x5 and i'm in the best shape I've been in my life. And it's only going to get better.

It's not a miracle workout, and even on his website he says "As long as you’re getting stronger. StrongLifts 5×5 is NOT a 12 week program. 12 weeks is just the start. It’s a test-drive for your body to prove you this works to get stronger. Many guys are able to get stronger on StrongLifts 5×5 for 16 weeks, 24 weeks, some 52 weeks!"

It's a beginner level workout plan. And once you're not getting any more gains, you switch to a more intermediate workout plan.

I think you're just some angry running fag. Post a pic of yourself OP. Lets see your gains.

I actually fully agree with op for the first time in a while.

Your quite a stupid motherfucker, people here focus on good programs like SS and building muscle because those things are really the only things that need to be known in depth in order to look good. Sure, cardio helps with that but the thing about cardio is that the only fucking thing you need to know about it is to go out there and do it. I know a fuckton amount of people who just started running one day and are successful at it, you know how many people I know that just randomly started lifting and were successful at it? Zero. Zip.

Not that other user but you are such an extreme faggot it hurts to read your posts.

> ss is bad
> crossfit is good
> im an mma fighter
> none of you do cardio

You are wrong in every single fucking thing you posted in this thread. Please post a timestamped picture and I will consider taking the time to explain how much of a faggot you are

You're full of shit

Not op, but

>Currently doing SL 5x5 and i'm in the best shape I've been in my life. And it's only going to get better.

If you haven't maxed out beginner SL gains then you have absolutely no business telling other people what type of training works

>What is the point of squatting 200 kg if you can't do 1 pullup?

How many people are in that situation though? I've never heard of anyone who could squat 200kg but could only do 1 pullup. Is it common?

>Or deadlifting 4plate lma0 if you can't run 5k comfortably? This board falls for this one terribly, they are fat and out of shape and think they are more impressive than people with nice physiques.

But doing 5k comfortably is easy to achieve. If you're not a fat piece of shit you should be able to get to a comfortable 5k in about 2 weeks of running. That's not impressive, which is why normiebook is overflowing with normies taking selfies, patting themselves on the back for running. Even other normies think 5k is common. Now a 4pl8 DL, while not all that impressive by Veeky Forums's ludicrous standards, is monstrous for normies, and takes a lot of dedication and effort to achieve.

Anyway, the only thing that I really don't like about modern fitness is how the supplement/fitness equipment/etc industry uses roided up models/fake natties to sell shit to people. So many people buy this stuff and are disappointed with their results because these industry cunts set unrealistic expectations and sell products that don't do shit or are sub-optimal.

Nice pasta faggot

U mad at all those big bois in the gym squatting, benching, and deadlifting more than you when they only started lifting 6 or so months ago??

The idea that everyone can deadlift 500 if they put in the necessary work. Some people don't respond well to strength training. Stop telling people to bang their head against a wall.

I don't think so. Maybe it's because I'm Asian, but every male lifts in my community. Got a video on my FB feed last week about a 130 lb kid DLing 275 lbs after a month of training.

4 plate DL is pretty meh by Veeky Forums standard's for a reason.

But yeah, I've never seen anyone who could squat 200 kg but couldn't do a single pull up. You'd have to be like 250+ lbs or some shit to not do a single pull up

5k is also pretty damn mediocre. That's what you run at the end of week 1 in cross country summer training for absolute beginners

Yes but these people are women and we know they won't make gains at the same rate as men. They should still keep lifting tho #grlpower

>12 week programs

>He thinks genetics don't matter

t-nation.com/training/truth-about-bodybuilding-genetics

Jamie Lewis is that you? Upload your blog you silly fag

>doing nothing on their off days
some people have a life outside counting calories and lifting routines.
Not saying those lives are better tho.

>I actually fully agree with op
>not being a fag
pick one

40 mins isn't enough for me to get my fix for the day lmao