/plg/

/PLG/ Powerlifting general

Primarily for the discussion of powerlifting.

General discussions about lifting also welcome.

Do norsey's survey because he worked really hard on it guys:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9MwAgG4QCVedhHvJRYPyKFQdDZWbStwDYbB9eFwbdXWM6rg/viewform

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthshop.co.uk/belts/strengthshop-10mm-lever-belt.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>General discussions about lifting also welcome.
No they're not

I don't wanna hear about your high bar squats, your overhead presses and your fucking sumo 3inch rom deadlifts

>images.jpg
you couldn't find a powerlifting picture to start the thread off? Not even with google?

>no talking about sumo
but pl is the only place it's relevant...

And I don't want to hear your "non competing" faggot mouth, but here we are.

It's also a thumbnail...

I'm so sorry. It's gone.

With the bethnal meet what is the procedure for signing up? May be a stupid question, but I don't need a facebook do i?

>that egyptian literally screaming allahu ackbar in that poor girls face

top lmao

The issue is once I fall asleep I wake up in am hour or two as opposed to just sleeping the full 8 hours, so my daily nights sleep is basically divided into 3 or 4 naps.

Got blood tests a while ago and I checked out fine. I used to take melatonin + ZMA and it worked well for me, even if it was just a placebo, so I aughta go buy those supplements at the store later

No you don't. But if you had it it'd be really helpful. They'll announce when sign ups are going to open on that page and they'll email people who have competed recently OR SIGNED UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER AT THE GBPF LONDON WEBSITE (hint do that do that) and you have to be quick on it. They fill up within three hours of go live.

Also I'll be competing that day now.

the heck you talking bout

Anyone here had any decent body recomp results with eating at maintenence calories?

Kinda curious because I want to stay in one weightclass but I also want to continue getting more jacked

The Oly lifters :^)

Luckily there are plenty of welcoming feds if your first choice can't accommodate the amount of lifters that it should

>Oly

YOU FUCK THEY'RE WEIGHTLIFTERS-

Although TODAY I guess, it's Olympic weightlifting so you're arguable right (but you're not).

Don't we all.

Thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it. I'm signing up to the newsletter right now. Will sign up to the GBP soon too.

fuck off isley you slimey weasel

are you really that mad that weightlifting is an olympic sport and powerlifting isnt?

ZMA is p goat. idk about your use but you may wanna cut back on caffeine

Thoughts on keto and sheyko?
I need to lose 7kg of fat

You have to be a member of the GBPF before you register. YOu'll need your gbpf number too, so I suggest you get a british powerlifting membership asap. Like right now asap. So the card will arrive before you have to sign up.

I knew you'd bite

Peaking athletes don't cripple themselves with fad diets.

trip on fil

Keto and real PL training seem to be a no-go for the most part. Your body wants carbs.

Thanks for the heads up man, I was gonna sort this nearer to September but I guess I'll do it now.
Mentioned it to my dad and he seemed excited so now I can't really back out lol.

Are those record on the GBPFLondon something to take seriously? I can break that deadlift one, albeit I'm a fair bit heavier right now, but I'm fat.

>picture for ants
learn to google you silly stacy

>yw

both science and experience don't agree with keto
if you thrive on it, power to ya, but I doubt it

Das nice. Thanks user ima keep it

i've gotten decent body recomp from doing that yeah, but for how much it stalled my strength i don't consider it worth it.

>divisional records
>sub junior records

No one cares about either of these, let alone both, but if you break one on the day, just apply for it through the website so you can have a spreadsheet with your name on it somewhere.

Yeah definitely bring your dad, dad's love to see their sons lift. My Dad usually comes to watch me at nationals every year.

>lolfed
>nose ring
>equipped
>velco straps double ply suit
>fuckoff hueg murrican flag
>people right next to the judges
>chrome ivanko
>deadlift bar
>dyed hair mohawk
>tattoos
>elbow sleeves

The only way this could be more lolfed was if he quarter squatting in a monolift with 10 spotters.

Exciting. Got a lot to do tomorrow then. Thanks again.

>not mentioning the memebeard

Why is the GBPF now the BPF?

I couldn't read this without Hatebreed songs playing in my head

Northern Ireland felt excluded

Mehhh they're super common in real powerlifting too. It's only half memey.

you forgot
>wheels on the plate cart are worn out beyond holy fuck
>someone still _dragged_ that cart to include it in the pic, probably with the plates still in it

mofo pulled 920

>Northern Ireland felt excluded
lol really
we were still apart of gbpf tho

>mofo pulled 920

Inb4 "drugs pulled 919 of it wut a loser" ipf 4 lyfe rite mah natty niggas, rite isley?

>finally below 200lb
>gf buys kg bag of skittles
>it's gone in 48hr

What were Pete's stats before he started juicing?

to be fair he put 100lbs plate on end of the bar along with kilo plate

360 bench, 770 dead, can't remember about squats

She's making sure you stay a real man.

When signing up the options are Junior and Under 17. When I compete I won't be under 17, so I chose junior right?

Oh yeah but great Britain refers to the island of Britain. You know the name of our country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland at i guess it's that.

Also I suspect that it brings the name of the governing body in line with other recognised NGBs. It's probably a prelude to some sort of government recognition.

Like British Rowing is the "fed" governing rowing in the UK.

Under 17 means sub junior. Pick that.

Unless this is the year you turn 19. Then pick junior.

Yooo brehs
Today at Giorgio' gym I lifted an OHP PR! 105kg.
No vid but george and topkek witnessed it, it was the grindiest lift I've ever done in my lifting career

Cheers, gonna sleep and finish that in the morning.

How did you get your arms

You forgot
>engaged in charity for autists
Maybe you have met him?
[/j]

Was such a dirty lift lad. Well done.

>OHP
KYS you memelord pos

How can I get your arms

Lots of benching, lots of compound back work, add in some isolation if you want, but get strong.
Oh and insulini ofc
Was not that dirty lel, I may have taken 10 secs but I didn't get out of position

Good job Insulini

meaningless post

Hey, is it bad etiquette to do OHP and shrug in squat rack?

Yeah senpai was nice.

>beat up
>tight
>burned out
>meet in november

lads... kms?

Anybody know of any cheap ipf approved belts? Maximum £45?

>Anybody know of any cheap ipf approved belts? Maximum £45?
...beltless

Kek ain't that the truth

Deload?

id give you mine if you went to my gym desu

>tfw temporarily laid off 'till Januray

Welp, more time for gains I guess.

I appreciate the thought man, I've squatted beltless fine before and it's just one meet so I don't mind.

strengthshop.co.uk/belts/strengthshop-10mm-lever-belt.html

A touch higher than your budget but they do have seconds in the clearance section which are mid coloured or a bit damaged

...y-yeah that might be a good option too

What do you boyz do for benching? Mostly paused, mostly TNG, all of one or the other?

Damn £52 is steep for a 10mm, I'll be looking in the bargain bin though, maybe second hand off eBay.
Thanks tho man

>meet in november
>lads... kms?

No? Lol. Unless you really are dead set on it...

You have 12 weeks.

Take 2 weeks of deload:

1-2 weeks of nothing but active recovery (cardio, conditioning).

1-2 weeks of light bro-lifting (nothing over 50%, high reps).

Then ease into a 8-10 week peaking cycle.

3 weeks volume

1 week transition/deload

3 weeks intensity

1 week deload

1-2 weeks peaking

Compete. Rinse. Repeat.

Pick one and use the other as assistance. Swap when stalling

lads

I squatted 136kg @rpe 9.5
Not even grindy

Sheiko confirmed for literally magic

Going to warm-up on the bench now.

i have the 13mm one and im looking rid of it Tbh
but in your situation it might be the best your getting

>walk in and drop off resume at gym in new town
>call me a few hours later to set up interview
>tell me I'm hired after about 15 minutes of talking

wew. Also did some fun RPE based stuff today.

What's wrong with it?

>Sheiko confirmed for literally magic
everything works at your stage

Shitty sale figures at the place I work at, temp. leave for the 6 most recently hired employees. At least I'm already on 50% sick leave so I get some more kroneridoos out of it than the others.

Mostly tng. I sometimes pause here and there just to get the groove in at the start of the sets.

Has isley ever honored any of the bets he's lost yet?

>Has isley ever honored
Has sean ever posted anything lifting related (including personal lifts and/or pics/and or results)?

Then answer:
"no".

Because they're both pointless.

Yeah I think I'm just going to hit like one set for each of my lifts but otherwise following my regular schedule, then do something similar to that. Shorter taper/peak and relatively heavier volume I think.

This is a projection

>@rpe 9.5
>Not even grindy

One of these things is completely unlike the other.

Cool, good shit.

>open tinder
>it aint me starts playing

I've been pausing less and less recently. Any accessory is TNG, I'll only pause my main benching if it's a triple or less. I usually pause rep #1 of a TNG bench set though.

>tell them your total
>hired on the spot
why cant this work for other jobs too

i suppose its alright and its got me by being the only belt ive had
but its not leather and i imagine a proper leather belt just being so much better even if its not really
ive had it probably around 3 years and it doesnt really mould like you see other leather belt
also not really relevant but the lever broke about 5 months into having it, they replaced it and it hasnt broke since

really im just being fussy and want a new one
just dont be expecting it to be leather
probably the cheapest you will get tho

This is a projection

They probably would have un-hired me if I told them my total
Thanks breh

Stop shitposting you dumb attention seeking whore

aiai
Nice tho.
Saltyballs RPE-based when?

>pt with over a 1000lubs total
this isnt the norm that i see atleast, youre a freak lad lol

Thanks for the review man, I wasn't too sure about strength shop belts, they seem alright for the situation though.

Yup. Wouldn't surprise me if I end up getting the boot desu. Oh well.

>saltyballs

not even once

RPE 9.5 isn't grindy, it's "I could probably do one more rep with it".

Grinder 1RM would be @10.

Nope. I was stuck for a long time, then started sheiko and 4 weeks later I hit a 16kg PR on the squat @RPE 9.5

Video coming later, gotta go back to the bench.

Uh probably never lol. Although in SuperSalty you do use RPE to decide whether to increase your maxes a couple times in the middle of the program.
I guess that's true but the pictures of all their other PTs had them looking pretty big. I think the female trainer even looked bigger than me.