Starting Late

Hi, Veeky Forums. Anyone here start lifting in their mid to late 20s? Older?

If so, have you achieved your fitness goals, or acquired your ideal physique? Looking for motivation, bros.

Most people find weight lifting and fitness later in life. Stop being a retarded faggot.

Based Andre of Astora

Started at 25, 27 now. It's slow progress but I was a complete skellington so I'm not complaining. I go four times a week and I don't get super tired like some anons say can happen when you're older in the gym. So it's pretty non-dramatic, just go for it.

I find that even more so than the hormone production, the big one is habit. You probably have a lot of problems that will have to go to make room for different problems.

Like, not being good with above average good looking women is a problem that will have to be changed out with the whole 'not being able to eat candy whenever I go into addict trance'.

And you're gonna have to cut some of that time you spend on doing nothing browsing the internet on making your own meals, because everything ready made is packed to the brim with carbs and fats you don't need.

Once you start getting miserable about these new things god will see that your life is even more shittier than intended, and will give you back some priveliges, like having a good body and being more attractive to women. Because god meant for no man to be happy or sad, just stuck in the constant zone of meh.

i originally started messing with weights when i was 20 yrs old. Stopped at 23 after some newbie gains and fat gainz too. Restarted at 28, i am 30 now and in the best shape i've ever been. I have more discipline and determination now desu.

Holy fuck this guy goes to my gym.

He literally wears a kilt everytime he comes

OP here, that's almost identical to my situation atm (26yo, going 4 times a week). Thanks for sharing, user.

lmao

Awesome, man. Yeah I also feel a lot better since I started working out. Goodonyam8.jpg

no sense dwelling on it, if you are dedicated you can surpass people that started in their teens

28 here and started 6 months ago. I work a hard physical job and I kept getting injured. So after a while i thought fuck it i wont get hurt if im strong as shit. Haven't looked back since

Late 30s. 5'11"

When I was younger, I got up to 160 just from my job (medic) and was mired hard.

Few years ago, I fell into depression and dropped to 110.

Started eating better and doing bodyweight shit in Feb-March and finally hitting the gym.

Back up to 142-3 already and while I'm not quite where I want to be (150-155, I have narrow shoulders), I'm getting compliments all the time from bartenders and friends on my success.

Even worked up the courage to ask a woman at a party out. First time I had done that in years.

She said no. No biggie.

Current pic:

Yes but most successful people start in puberty and then they talk about muh gains while most of their gains were just thanks to puberty.

Full natty bra

I'm 30, been training on and off for roughly a decade. Went through 22-25 high af all the time, no training whatsoever.

Started again at 26, really started taking it seriously about 2 years ago. I have a pic of where I'm holding my 3 year old and I'm sorta DYEL. I'm in pretty good shape now. Best of my life, actually. Unless you are already in your thirties, it's not too late.

>late 30s
>my skin looks older than yours even though I'm 23
I'm beyond help rite

Why do I look older than like 95% of people in their 30s?

OP again. Good job, dude. I've also been depressed for years so I feel ya. Broke my hand twice this year alone and lost about 10lbs each time. Now I'm 177lbs at 6', might shoot for 190lbs to look more filled out.

Yeah, people always hate me for my skin.

Truth is, I'm Sami-Finnish and can't go out in the sun without SPF 40,000.

At least your face probably doesn't look Ayyyy Lamo like mine does.

>
is me now

I look lowtest 2/10 im the face with hairloss are the temples. I am doomed bra. Forever Kisslessvirgin

My face looks like the bastard child of Jessie Plemons and Matt Damon (both of whom have Sami ancestry) and I used to get laid.

If I can do it, anyone can.

>Anyone here start lifting in their mid to late 20s? Older?

Started at 39 as 38.1% bodyfat 40" waist wheezer.

Followed advice in Sticky - Starting Strength Novice program, cycled regularly, ate high protein diet and got some more sleep.

> If so, have you achieved your fitness goals, or acquired your ideal physique?

Won company fitness competition, free vacation in Hawaii and $$ for a new 29er bike at 40. Had 26.6% bodyfat and 34" waist.

43 now and still lift in my home gym.

Androgen activity peaks in your 40's and 50's, even after that it doesn't drop off a cliff.

You're fine.

this is pretty thoughtful and it was brilliantly put

I'm now meh pilled

>its slow progress

Its slow for everyone. Its slow for 13 yr olds 17 yr olds and 20 yr olds too.

Just stay consistent and gains will come. Im not old yet but i got my dad into fitness and a year later hes looking and feeling great. Its never too late to join a gym.

I just hate how old people think they wont stand a chance against younger guys, but the truth is those remarkable young guys have simply put in more time. A decade ahead makes a big difference.

You can achieve anything you want and its not gonna be slower or faster than any other person honestly.

Yes well you can't do that now can you? The second best time to start is right now.

It is actually clever to roid at that age....your dick is prollyl not working alreadya and your life can only get better.

Or never start because it's waste of time