QTDDTOT

I need some adviceIs this "powerbuilding" routine any good ? Looking for good routines anyone wanna share some?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I
breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/get-a-grip-3-ways-to-grip-a-deadlift-and-how-to-get-your-grip-stronger
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best routine is ss+gomad

reposting from last thread

I'm about 25 pounds overweight after already losing like 20 a few months ago. Obviously, I want to get rid of it as quickly as possible without endangering my health or doing something stupid. So is this the most efficient I can be?

1550 cal/day (20/40/40, a 600 cal deficit)
Lifting SS 3x a week
Cardio 3x a week

Is there anything else I can do? Am I doing too much? I just don't want to have a gut anymore, I've never not had one.

someone suggested gaining muscle, but I really, really, really don't want to add on any fat to what I already have. I'd rather be a hungry skeleton than a semi-strong guy with a gut.

Is there any significant difference if I do EZ Bar curls instead of normal barbell curls?

watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=-rh3MHnRI_I

the EZ-curl/biceps part is at around 4 minutes, but the rest of the video is very good and worth watching

What do you think about eating oats with milk before bed ? I mean insulin spike and gh etc. Would it be bad ?

Thanks, will watch soon
Relatively new to lifting/fitness shit, pretty auschwitz mode ATM but I'm starting to make some progress. I want to do EZ bar since my rotators and elbows are very weak and make normal barbell curls very hard for me.

you should eat more protein. ~150g is not enough when cutting hard. get at least 200g. it makes it easier to cut less anyway

for your goal you obviously just need to eat less and wait.

>~150g is not enough when cutting hard. get at least 200g. it makes it easier to cut less anyway
200g is ridiculous overkill, why the fuck would he need that much? That's over 1g/lb which is already more than most people need on average.

How do i fix slumped shoulders and a forward head?

Nice meme

Anyone here with and old injury?
Tore my acl in highschool and i was wondering do you guys ever feel a little tenderness everyonce in awhile after hitting legs hard af?

Is this routine worthwhile or am I fucking around?
A
4x8 Back squat
2x5 Deadlift
3x8 calf raise

B
4x8 Bench press
4x8 Barbell Curls
4x8 Dumbell Flies
4xf Weighted dips

C
4x8 Front squat
3x5 Romanian Dead lift
3x8 Calf raise

D
4x8 OHP
4x8 Pendlay row
4x8 Skullcrusher
4xF Weighted pullup

ABXCDXX

Fuckin around def

well memed yourself

use your muscles to pull your shoulders and head back

strengthening your back and stretching your chest can help as well.

you shouldn't eat right before bed, nor is there any need to.

that's a long video to have the one line that says
>it's more comfortable on the wrists

it's more comfortable on the wrists

what you're doing is fine. you'll gain some degree of muscle even at that low of a deficit - there's no point for someone in your position with your goals to 'bulk' which is what I assume was suggested.

the only thing to note is that if you're losing significantly more than roughly 2lb/week then you're losing more than just fat and it's not worth it. eat a bit more if that's the case.

If I don't have anymore protein source cause of money issues , should I still lift ?

Would it really limitate the muscle loss?

fuck, how to fix?
Would it be better to just do full upper body and full lower body twice a week?

Hey Veeky Forums been lifting for 3 months. I'm currently on a 5 day brosplit. Should I transition into PPL? I have to go back to Uni soon so usually I don't have time to cram so many workouts in one session. Could I get away with just 3 exercises for a certain body part?

Thx for the reply.
I am the oat guy. i am bulking right now and i havent been able to hit my calories for like 8 9 days . And only time i got for oats is before bed. Would the insulim spike and gh drop bad for my gains? Or would the effects be so small that it doesnt even matter ?

I would suggest modifying for more hypertrophy

Yes.

>the only thing to note is that if you're losing significantly more than roughly 2lb/week then you're losing more than just fat and it's not worth it

Thing is that I haven't been able to lose weight for like 2 months now after steadily losing weight for about 3 months straight, weirds me out big time. I still ate at a deficit as best I could, and even if it wasn't perfect, I still wasn't eating at maintenance so there should've been SOME loss, even if very minimal. But it kind of just floated around 178.

So I took a week-long maintenance break and am back on track.

Is there anything I can take that would lower core body temperature for a couple hours ?

I'm assuming you mean protein powder, and yes you should still lift if you can't afford it.

However, if you can't afford basic food to get your protein in, I'd be more concerned with getting your shit together than getting in-shape.

a shower

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

But seriously I mean medicine and herbs that would help

I've been working a GVT routine for the last 3 weeks, been seeing some good results so I'm gonna stick with it. The pump is fucking glorious and the burn is deeper than your moms asshole.

Has anyone else tried it?

Looking to lose some fat and want an objective measure of progress. Does waist measurements work or will potential muscle gains fuck it up too much?

>But seriously
I am serious. Ice water to drink and a shower.

picture in the mirror every 2 weeks. Visuals don't lie, and scales arn't always reliable.

A scale can't lie.

not necessarily your gains but your long term health, as well as other factors such as possibility of acid reflux.

just try have bigger meals/more calorific food rather than depending on getting it in one extra meal.

Can be hard to tell when I'm "done" cutting based on visuals, though. Much more how far away I am from it.

would this be better then?
A
4x8 Bench
4x8 OHP
4x8 Pendlay row or 3xf weighted pullup
3x12 Skullcrusher
3x12 Some form of curl
3xf weighted dips

B
4x8 Back/Front Squat
3x5 Regular or Romanian deadlift
3x10 Barbel lunges
3x8 Calf raises
3xf Farmers walks on Fridays
ABXABXX

of course I can afford it ahaha what a question ahaha
but let's SUPPOSE that I can't, should I lift or nah?

If you can't afford to eat properly I wouldn't recommend lifting since you're just burning calories and increasing the rate in-which your muscle would waste away.

At what sort of deficit do you start to lose muscle?

Any deficit will net you certain degree of muscle loss.

Do you have it typed out or on a spread sheet ?

Is this diet OK? I've been counting calories to date but I decided last night I should probably start tracking my macros as well. I'm eating a bit under 1g protein per lb of body weight but I'm carrying 40lb of fat or maybe more. Any adjustments I could make?

Solid

I'd switch most of your oats to breakfast and/or pre-workout meals but that's because i fell for the carb timing meme.

I just wonder if I'm eating enough.

I lift 3 days per week, do 45m of cardio (bike) 3 days a week, walk 6 nights a week for an hour and rest on Sunday, so I'm pretty active now but I'm still confused about TEE given when I'm not exercising I am pretty sedentary and being sedentary is what got me fat to begin with.

When I deadlift:
Should I let my shoulders relax (natural position)
or
Should I be tightening my shoulders / scapula / puffing my chest out (breaking bar across shins)?

And hooly shit where should my shoulder blades (over bar, behind bar) be? I keep seeing different info on the internet. Not that anyone here is more qualified

you always want to subtract your calories from your sedentary TDEE, not your "exercise" estimate which is usually a bullshit estimate anyhow

I have a bench which I use at home but the spotters which hold the bar up are in the worst place ever forcing me to use either a narrow or rather wide grip and I feel as though my chest will lack because of this. Should I just alternate wide/close each workout?

So I'm doing 5/3/1 and I'm a little confused about starting the second cycle. When you add the 10/5 lbs, do you add the weight to your 1rm and then use the 90% of that to calculate what to lift? Or do you add the weight to the 90% that you had already calculated from your 1rm's at the start of the program? Does it matter? I am bad at math.

I eat 150g of protein and about 1800 calories on regular diet with just chicken, fish, vegetables, and oatmeal/rice. Do I need fruits or keep diet as is? What are the pros/cons to fruit?

Some fruits have a lot of sugar. As long as you're eating veggies you should be fine more or less.

What supplements are worth my money? Whey and creatine?

the shitty gym im at for now has no squat rack

if i have to use an alternative what is best?
>smith machine squats
>leg press machine

That's about it. Maybe not even whey if your diet gives you enough protein, and creatine is up to you. Does accelerate balding but only if you're already prone to balding and were going to go bald eventually anyway, but it's great for helping to grind out those last few tough reps.

Leg press, use different foot positions for different muscle activation. Never smith machine.

Fruits are simple carbs ie sugar.

Supplements are just that -supplementation to your diet.

The only one that I would have anyone bother with would be creatine. Shits so cash.

Whey is like the cherry on top. If you can hit your brotein intake without it then why bother.

Some ppl don't lift without pre-workout but those are stim junkies. No need for it tbqh

Change gyms asap mane.

Anyone have any good protein ice cream recipes?

My feet hurt when standing long periods of time. I have to be on my feet for at least 4 & 1/2 hours at a time. How do I stop the pain?

>How do I stop the pain?

When someone figures this out, user, Veeky Forums will no longer serve a purpose.

get good at power cleans and then do front squats if you absolutely must stay at the gym
Alternatively you could do some weird shit and take the bar off of a bench for squats
I'd switch gyms though

You get used to it, + buy comfy ankle supporting boots/shoes

Is there a home gym general

All the decently priced Gyms are like a few town over and it's a fucking hassle for me to drive even 15 min to go work out so I'm gonna go the home gym route since I'd rather be comfy and I'm down to spend some money which will save me money in the long run.

Originally I was thinking of getting a bench, cage, Oly bar+ weights but then I started to lose confidence in my purchase idea. I'm just thinking about the best way to spend my money. I've switched over to the idea of just going for a bench and free weights/dumbbells but I think Ill be missing out on some serious cardio and stabilizing muscle gains. Should I just go straight for the cage which I know is more fun and feels more efficient or just go dumbbells. Also any recommendations on these items.

>I think Ill be missing out on some serious cardio and stabilizing muscle gains

If you're concerned about that, save your money and just start doing bodyweight and HIIT.

It isn't my focus it's just something I feel is worth notice, that is something I am not interested in.

How do I know if im packing more muscle or more fat in a bulking?

I've gained 2,5 kg in the last month, added a half plate for squats for reps (4x8). Idk if im in a correct proportion.

btw im 23yo, 5'8", 78kg right now.

You should be taking progress pics every two weeks. That is your best indicator if you cant figure it out just by pl8 gains

Why does the shower make my butt pink?

I'd get the cage. Check out the bb.com equipment forum.

reported

Do you live in ct ?

inb4 LONDON

Fluoride, sexy bum ;)

You got your (You)s

Post more.

Start taking cold showers m8

Your shoulders are gonna droop under heavy weight no matter what, but keep your chest up and lats engaged. Shoulder blades over bar.

Why aren't cable machines more popular here (not including for powerlifts)? I like how the weight feels more even throughout the movement used, and the direction of the weight isn't just a simple "down."

reposting to get more answers

I've been doing Greyskull LP for some time, the "Linebacker Focus" in particular(except without the neck harness, and with v-handle lat pulldowns instead of chins since I can only do 4 reps).

I feel like I could still make better use of my workout days, so I've been thinking about adding a few accessories.
What does Veeky Forums of adding Incline Dumbbell Bench Press on my Bench days, and seated Cable Row on my Press day? And what would be a good rep range for the incline bench?

Why are poor people such gains goblins?

If I'm below my caloric tdee on a cut (>700kcal +500kcal) and I'm not hungry, is that fine or is my body gonna eat my gains

If your protein is at least .5g per lb of bw, just let it go.

If it isn't, you risk muscle loss. Have a reserve supply of straight canned tuna, grilled chicken breast, or protein powder around.

Alright thanks,

if I learned anything from Veeky Forums it's that I should always be taking scoops/protein.

Get the cage. Buy weights used, everything you plan on buying new, get from Rogue Fitness. If you get a new barbell, spend at least $300, everything else you can be frugal with, but anything you get from Rogue will be high quality.

Are sumo diddlies bad for hips?

whats better

>eating at my cut TDEE but not getting enough grams of protein for the day

or

>eating over my cut TDEE but getting enough grams of protein

I'm working out through my cut and today's a rest day

When you strength train compound excersies with 3x5 or 5x5 they get stronger. If I were to do a 3x5 say with bicep curls will I strengthen my curls?

Neither. Re arrange your diet so that you get enough protein WITHOUT going over your TDEE

> doing SS on a cut

Are you fucking retarded

Then again your body is shit so you probably are

Probably a dumb question, but have been running SS for about a month, however due to my work/Uni schedule being shit the only days i can train are Monday, Thursday and Saturday. is a AxxBxAx BxxAxBx alright or is the extra day of rest after session 1 going to hinder me in any way?
Also noticing with deadlift progression my grip is starting to fail me, quick ways to give me that vice grip?

I'm typically exactly where I need to be. But today for some reason I didn't quite hit my correct ratio. Wat do?

What do you guys think of high rep ab stuff for calorie burning and a hint of cardio?

what else is he supposed to do? I did SS while losing weight because it was simple.

I don't think you necessarily need to. They're the best option if you're looking for simple carbs, and you're getting the micros and fiber from them. I've been told that sugars are best taken immediately after working out. I was told this by my school's dietician, and I don't remember the reasoning, hopefully somebody can fill it in.

You can get the same micros and fiber from vegetables, though, most of which don't have nearly as much sugar, if any real amount at all. Just consider if you want/need the extra carbs, and if you want them to be spiking your insulin at that level or not.

Any three nonconsecutive days per week are fine.

You want quick? breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/get-a-grip-3-ways-to-grip-a-deadlift-and-how-to-get-your-grip-stronger

Are stomach vacuums a meme? What's the purpose?

If you're doing a cut its because you want to not look like shit so do a program which won't make you look shit.

If you just wanna speed up losing weight then do HIIT. Heck you can do it with weights just do more reps n less rest.

> Doing 3 x 5 for a total of 15 reps at bbyweight
> weight loss

Alright thanks man

So he shouldn't try and preserve what little muscle he has to begin with or even attempt for beginner gains?

And cardio doesn't burn that much more than just lifting will.

>> Doing 3 x 5 for a total of 15 reps at bbyweight
>> weight loss

if he's eating at a deficit it wouldn't matter. SS won't hurt him, so why not just take the beginner gains while he can? He'll keep what little muscle he'll have and have a little exercise per week.

Doing SS, watched a Mark Rippetoe vidya on OHP, he encourages a quick snap at the hips to give the bar a slight upward momentum, is this alright or is it rippletits trying to fuck me?

it is a dumb question. The name of the day doesn't matter. There is not reason that Monday has to be at the start of the xxxxxxx days. Thursday x Saturday x Monday xx is the same as Monday x Wednesday x Friday xx, it just starts on a different day
do you see that??

Should I alternate between walking and running when using elliptical or try to keep a steady pace?

Somehow, Rippetoe is just never wrong. He's a powerlifting training god.

don;t do it